UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-18-2004, 05:29 AM   #376  

I am kind of hoping that Marks & Spencer Exotic fruit jelly is low in syns .

Veggie - if it is then this is the desert for you (if you like Jelly) it is lime flavoured with mango, pineapple and kiwi in it. Vegetarian to boot! (gelling agent carrageenan - a kind of moss/seaweedy thing).

Absolutely gorg.
peahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:32 AM   #377  

Oh I LOVE that. I have the other one the big 3 one in the fridge right now yum. It is lovely.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 12:47 PM   #378  

Hello Everyone!! Not been on the boards for ages...I have been working way to much!! I am still at SW and losing thank goodness!!! Glad you all are still doing well!! I hope to post more once things calm down a bit (I am a student nurse currently on placement, 12 hour days ahhhhhh!)...The extra support is really nice!!
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 01:41 PM   #379  

Good to see you
Old 09-19-2004, 07:04 PM   #380  

I have just this thread from the very beginning, I had to drop a line and say thanks to each and every one of you for shedding some inspiration my way. I loved hearing how you adapted from taking that first step in going to your first meeting to being pleased with your overall results. I also have need some advise.
My hubby has recently decided to join me in my efforts to lose weight and I feel that following the SW plan would suit him better (he likes his food too much). Up to now I have been counting grams of fat and have lost 1stone 4 pounds over a period of six months. I want to build on my success while helping hubby to achieve his, so it seems to make sense for me to make a change to SW too. I bought the new SW magazine and found it to be interesting. I also have a few old SW books that a friend gave me. I intend to update these at some point. Unfortunately not able to stretch funding to the meetings .maybe at some point later. Anyway, I need some advise regarding Sins. You mentioned that people who have over 3 stone to lose are allowed to have more than 15 sins?? I need to know what the upper limit would be for someone who has over 6 stone to lose. I just need to know what our upper limit could be even if we choose not to use it. If any of you could find out for me I would truly appreciate it. It has taken hubby years to decide for himself to do something about his weight. I would rather break him in gently.
Tina1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:06 PM   #381  

Well I could lose on about 30 but it all depends how much free food you have obviously as it all boils down to cals in the end.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:53 PM   #382  

Hi Tina!

It's a difficult one and will ask my SW consultant next week, see - if you give him too many syns in first week and he doesn't lose - then he prob will be disheartend and disolutioned with how good SW will be. If you give him too few - then as you said he may not like it.

When I started I had 6.5 stone to lose and did what they said had about 10 a day and still do and this is enough for me. Perhaps you could start him on 20 a day? See what happens? If he stops losing, then reduce syns to 15 - or similarly if he gets eager with SW and wants to speed up weight losses!

I really wouldn't limit the amount of free food he eats to compensate how many syns you give him - that defeats the purpose and "synergy" of slimming world.

Try ebay for cheap up to date SW books.

Goodluck!
Kelly M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:40 PM   #383  

Thanks to you both for the advice. I now need to sort myself out.
Tina1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #384  

Hello all, i ave just come across this forum and thought i would share my success!! i love reading on how well others are doing! its so inspirational, i have kind of hit the wall now (only loosing every few weeks... better than putting it on!!)

i have lost 38lbs so far and have 30 to go!

JessieJay90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #385  

S/C/G: 165/130/120

Height: 5'3

A lady I work with has done amazingly with slimming world, she has lost nearly 6 stone in around 2 years!
Rosey85 is offline   Reply With Quote