UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-09-2004, 12:50 PM   #226  
Must Stay Motivated

new syns book? I have the big syn book (or the bible as I call it - lol). Most quorn is free still or very low in syns. I hope they haven't changed it. Mine is a 2004 version.

My new fave meal is quorn meatballs in tomato and basil sauce on top of a huge mound of pasta. Yummee.

For lunch today I had the quorn in mushroom and white wine sauce on a bed of tagliatelle - yummee.

I have been so good this week but have a feeling that I have stayed the same. Will find out tomorrow.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #227  
Val A

Hi all

This could be a long one so go grab a coffee, sit back and relax......

Its been a while since I could get on to the site, work has been hectic and my Manager sits just by me so I haven't be able to sneak on.

Anyway everything is going to plan,I have now lost 27 pounds so am well on target for losing 2 stone before I come back to the UK for a week at the end of the month. After that I want to aim for the other 2 and half stone before October when we go to Florida.
Phil has now lost a stone and a half and is doing really well.

Letting you know how I am doing isn't the only reason I logged on today, I really want to help someone who is very special.
My best friend and I have been mates for 22 years, she was my daughters childminder when she was little and has always been there for me no matter what. She has seen me on countless diets (and agrees the only one that seems to work is SW), she has seen me through divorce and bad relationships, she even took my daughter to live with her for 3 months so she could take her exams at the school she had been to since she was 11 when my ex husbnad found out where I was living and I had to pack up and move to the other end of the country to escape from him.
Anyway Eilleen has been told she has to lose weight because of her health, now Eilleen is on disability benefits and can't afford to go to a SW class, the nearest one is quite a distance away but she has seen the results of SW on me and would like to give it a try. (If Iwas living in the UK I would pay for her but I'm not so I can't) I have suggested that she buy the SW magazine and have promised to support her as much as I can, we speak every week so thats not a problem.
Is there anyone here who is doing SW and who lives in the Sydenham/Forest Hill area of South East London, who would be willing to be a mentor for Eilleen on a local level. It would be nice to know she had someone other than me to talk to on a regular basis (calls to Ireland are international so if she was having a bad day she may not be able to call me). She has got access to her grandsons computer but hasn't used it yet, she ig going to get an email address and I have told her about this site so she may join us eventually.
Eilleen has set a start date of July 1st, a long way off I know but she has a few things to sort out first. I guess she will have at least 4 stone to loose if not more.

If any one would be willing to give moral support to Eilleen or can offer suggestions on how I can help, please let me know.

Well folks thats all from me for now I wish you all success this week and Iwill speak to you soon
Val A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 03:25 PM   #228  
Theres no stopping me now

I'm at the wrong end of the country but she is very lucky to have a friend like you. Maybe once she gets on her grandsons computer she can come and chat here and we can all help out that way
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 03:31 PM   #229  

I think most libraries have free net access if you are on benefits I go there when my computer goes funny. I was going to suggest she uses the sw members site but doh obviously you need net for that.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 03:41 PM   #230  
Must Stay Motivated

sorry, I am in Devon so am a long way off.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:40 PM   #231  
Gym'll fix it!!

Val A, Terrific Job with your weightloss you can see where i live so i'll say no more we'll all love to "meet" Eilleen when she can get online
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 07:59 PM   #232  
Recovering chocoholic

I'm not going to the meetings I'm doing it through buying a book on ebay. I started with the main book and since then I've bought the free branded foods book and the syn directory and I'm managing ok. Then I have a group of other friends on a diet and we check in with our weightloss every week online so its like having a support group.
If she is on benefits the local library is a good option as previously stated, and most towns have a learn direct centre also where you can do some courses for free if you are on benefits and use the internet that way.
viviki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:02 AM   #233  
Val A

Thanks for the messages

There isn't a public libary near Eilleen, the mobile van comes round one a week but know internet there. Shewill have access to the net once her Grandson lets her that it.

I have ordered some books for her so they should help. The main problem i think she will have is motivation, her daughters just say oh yeah what again and don't offer much in the way off support. In fact shewas going to try SW lastyear based on recipies I have given her shewent out bought bits and bobs to help her, told the daughter and grandson who live with her thatthey should leave this stuff alone as it was for her only. Next morning she got up to faind the duaghter had taken it to work for her packed lunch.......selfish or what.

Anywayas I say I have told her about here and I am sure she will find her way here if Harry lets her get on line;

Have a good week one and all

Val
Val A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:01 AM   #234  

Motivation and support is the most important thing for me. I have other family members doing it with me so it makes it quite fun. Changing your thought to 'I want to do this' from 'I have to do this' is important too.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:53 AM   #235  

I will crack this eating, am still feeling yuck. Am going to phone slimming world lady later on for a motivational chat. I keep putting myself on a guilt trip because I haven't stuck to it this week after gaining last week. But how often do I feel unwell - hardly ever, but my eating has been disasterous, am expecting to have gained back everything I lost

But I am big enough to admit where I have gone wrong and start again
Old 05-10-2004, 11:59 AM   #236  

Why don't you try eating more HE choices if you feel like eating a lot and fill up with fruit or baked potatoes. My first few weeks I had 2 baked potatoes at teatime a lot to fill me up.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:01 PM   #237  

To cheer you up just remember you still a couple of stone lighter than me
Old 05-10-2004, 12:03 PM   #238  

Thanks Veggie. I just need to find my motivation again and feel a bit better and I'll be cooking with gas again.

The way you are going you will soon be a couple of stones lighter than I am, I have every faith in
Old 05-10-2004, 12:51 PM   #239  

Sal neither veggie or myself will overtake you asyour only having a bump due to your weekend away and being ill youll be back on track in no time and eating good and youve probably still lost weight cause your body uses loads of calories to fight infection so youll be fine and if not as with me theres always next week
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:39 PM   #240  
Must Stay Motivated

Come on you lot if I can do it anybody can. I lost 2lb this week and got Slimmer of The Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First (and probably last) time ever - lol.

Have lost 10lb since joining 8 weeks ago. Slowly but surely.

I also bought a new top on Saturday and loads of people at work commented on how slim it made me look - lol. Am ready to face a new week with renewed motivation.