Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 07:41 AM   #556  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning to everybody . . .

My morning is looking pretty sunny, even though the sky outside is a little gray so far. Another 2 ugly pounds have gone to ugly-pound-heaven. Still along way to go, but every little bit helps.

Have a great day, everyone. I just know your day will be as sunny as mine so keep on smiling.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:47 AM   #557  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone, Now that Valentines day is over, we passed another hurdle! Now, to get rid of that extra candy! This is just for the ones of us that can't stop at one piece! Take it to work, give it to the kids! Anything to get it out of the house. Actually, my husband got smart. He only gave me a small box (2 pieces) of the Godiva hearts! I can indulge and not over do!

I got my exercise in yesterday and i lifted my weights and then I had the grandkids over all evening so I think I got my exercise time in +. I'm going to take Jills examle and try a few pilates tapes to mix things up a little. Just to see how I like it and try something new.

Meow, thanks for the extra sprinkling of WILL POWER DUST.

Cheryl, I seldom have plain yogurt in the house but always have flavored, so I use what ever is here to make the No Pudge Brownies. LOVE the peach, but I think the cherry would be really good too. Don't worry about not making your goal, you have done so well!

HY, I agree with you! Loving ourselfs means saying no to things that make us feel good for the short term and bad in the long term! We have to keep the big picture in mind.

Every one, have a great day! Freda
Old 02-15-2006, 08:57 AM   #558  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Good Morning Chickies!

Looks like everyone survived Valentine's Day and all the temptations it brings I did well....asked HH to NOT bring chocolate into the house....but he brought a bar of 70% cocoa...so he's forgiven

Sounds like the No Pudge Browinies are a hit! I will look for them the next time I go to the store. I believe I saw them at our local Publix market. I tried the recipe for SF Fudge....YUCK. I tried and tried to like it, but it just wasn't even close to doing it for me.....so out it went!

Do you guys like Shepard's Pie? It's one of my favorite childhood meals. I made a totally legal version last night that came out great! HH raved about it....I thought I would totally miss the mashed potato topping, but I used mashed cauliflower and after it was browned & bubbly it was wonderful! Just ask if you'd like the recipe

Cheryl...you came so close to your goal....I think you did a great job! You were my inspiration for making the 2nd weight-tracker for a short term goal. I like looking at something that seems more realistic to reach!

Meow....2 more lbs! YAY! Must've been that extra Will-Power Dust you had in your pocket! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us!

I didn't do my Pilates yesterday...I totally FORGOT! DUH! Am going to throw some chili in the crockpot and get right to it this morning

I hope all my 50-Friends have a wonderful day today! I'm busy getting stuff done around here so I can drive one of my friends to a surgeon appointment in the morning, and I imagine that will turn into an all-day event by the time we stop here & there and have lunch. She can't drive right now.

Happy Wednesday!

Last edited by flsunbakd; 02-15-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:02 AM   #559  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hi JIll............I would love the recipe of shepard pie, will you post it on this site?
Bobbi
Old 02-15-2006, 10:15 AM   #560  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hi Bobbi! Here it is

Jill’s Version of Shepherd's Pie

1-1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
2 medium onions - chopped
Veggies: I like carrots, green beans & corn
(I usually use a can or 2 of wide, Italian-style green beans, a can of carrots and some frozen corn. Or you can pre-cook raw carrots and use those. To stretch this meal....add more veggies.)
Small can tomato or V-8 juice (3-4 ozs)
Small can (6 oz) tomato paste
(You can probably use tomato sauce instead of the juice & paste, but I like the combo so I can better control the consistency.)
A little Splenda to take the "bite” out of the tomato product
Basil, oregano & garlic to taste
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil

Topping:
About 4 cups cauliflower (frozen or fresh)
˝ block of low-fat cream cheese
1/8 cup (or so) spray-on butter

Brown onions in the oil for a bit...then add the meat and seasonings and cook until meat loses pink color. (If meat is sticking to bottom of pan add a little of the tomato juice to loosen bits stuck on bottom of pan.) Add remainder of the juice & the tomato paste and cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Check meat sauce for taste & add Splenda to tone down the tomato paste a little. See if you need more salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, basil.

Cook the cauliflower....Drain. Mash with cream cheese & spray butter, salt & pepper.

Place meat mixture in baking dish. I use a 9 x 13" pan because I add a lot of veggies. Place veggie layer on top of meat mixture. Top with mashed cauliflower. Sprinkle a teeny amount of shredded cheese over top and bake @ 350F for about 45 minutes ‘til bubbly, and top is browned.

Serves 6-8.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:39 PM   #561  

Hi all ... haven't been able to read or post for several days ... and got on the scales on Monday and had gained. So, I went away! Not to a bad place, I just didn't want to report a gain ... I know I haven't been very faithful to the SB diet with numerous "occasions" that were packed into my weekend and a schedule that just didn't allow for exercise. But I'm back on board ... even got on the scales this morning even though I figured I should just wait until next Monday ... had lost one of those ugly 2. So, once again I'm headed in the right direction.

I'm heading to San Diego for a conference and some vacation time with hubby and his family ... so the next week will be difficult for me too. But these kinds of events and occasions will always be there so I have to figure out how to handle them better than I have been.

It sounds like many of you are doing well ... and that encourages me. I read a post recently that talked about being a size "10" ... oh, how I wish. I haven't seen a pair of jeans "slip" over my thighs in some time ... it's more like tug and suck it in to get them up and on. But I'm still hopeful. I think that I will just have to restart Phase I of SB when I return and hope for another spurt of weight loss. So far, Phase II has just kept me the same.

Well, that's all for now. I've got to get to work ...

Blessings today, Joan
Old 02-15-2006, 12:46 PM   #562  
Bobbi

Thumbs up

Thanks Jill..........I'll have to pick up some Cauliflower and try it. My Hubby loves the fake mash pototoes made with cauliflower. I like your picture on the Harley, we sold ours. We have owned Harleys for years and years but got to the point where we didn't ride much anymore. I have a bad back, the last trip to Sturgeous darn near killed me. Our biker friends had to pry me off the seat everytime we stopped, oh the pain! (That was my last long trip) I have enough Harley Davidson clothes and boots to start a store, you probably do too!
I just clicked onto this thread yesterday after a long absence. I was within 2 pounds of my goal and quit, then promply put some of the weight back on again. Same old story most of you have! I love to cook and would like to try other favorite recipes from all you Chicks. Lets hear them
Bobbi
Old 02-15-2006, 01:03 PM   #563  
Bobbi

I don't remember seeing this quick reply last year, what's the purpose of using it instead of the "post reply"?

Bobbi
Old 02-15-2006, 01:36 PM   #564  
Cruiser

Talking Good morning ladies

I hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day.

Sorry for being MIA, but I've been busy.

Weight loss is slowing but I'm still ahead of goal.
I was able to add 2 more pounds to the gone and
good riddance file.

Glad to see everyone is staying on track.

I'll try to check in more often.

Reggie
Old 02-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #565  

Default Hi Everyone!

Well here I am in mid way through my 3rd week on WW. All is going well so far. I do find myself having a problem getting my backside up to exercise. I am hoping as more weight comes off I will have more energy to exercise. I don't know who came up with the idea that you become addicted to exercise and HAVE to do it. I can't see this body ever becoming addicted to it.

Since offically starting WW I have lost 9 lbs. I did loose some prior to going to first meeting so I count every lb lost as one step closer. The one thing I have noticed especially about this time is my thinking. It has really changed. I can't put my finger on it, but it's not like I am dreading anything this time. I don't feel cheated from my favorite foods, I feel more resigned to this is my NEW LIFESTYLE and don't mind that idea anymore. I don't know what finally after all these years put me into this frame of mind but I am thrilled I have it.

For the first time in my life I feel inside like I am going to make it. Make my goal and stay there.

Well I would love to hear back from you guys on how it's going with you and any tips or hints you might have. I am anxious to meet others facing the same as I am. Good luck to you on this life changing journey.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #566  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

It's me again . . . thought I'd drop in for a quickie before dinner.

Speaking of dinner, Jill, that is a great sounding recipe. Coincidentally, I had exactly that for dinner last night, except mine didn't have the cream cheese in the topping. I'll have to try yours, too. When I first made it, I thought it would be OK since I love cauliflower anyway, and I was really surprised that there is no cauliflower taste at all. Just good old comfort food with far less calories, fat and carbs. Amazing.

Great attitude, Joan. You have to pick yourself up and get back on the horse (so to speak). Forward and downward, girl.

Oh, Bobbi, you got so close. Very Freudian. I sometimes think we are afraid of success. Go for it, girl. Together we can all do it.

Another Attaboy for you, Reggie. Its good to be seeing less of you, but don't forget we want to hear more from you.

And a great big, welcoming for you, GildedLily. I know exactly how your feel about the exercise. It is one addiction I'd like to acquire but just don't seem to be able to manage it. For me, I think it will always be a chore. Sweating does NOT make me feel good.

Keep on, keeping on, gang. Have a great evening.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:03 PM   #567  

Talking Doing the weight loss dance

Just a quick hello before dinner to all of my friends.

Linda...Yeah on your 2 pound loss. You go girl.

Lisa...Love the slide show of your cruise. Hey! with all that tempting food around, you did GREAT! I on the other hand,would of been grazing at the buffet table.

Freda... You skinny girl you! I'm so happy for you. I'm so looking forward to the day when the scale says 120 for me!

Elyn...Hope you are feel better.

Hyacinth...WOW! 2.6 is great! Are you doing the happy dance also?

Joan...Another pound gone for good. Yeah for you!!

Gail...I know, it's only a half pound gone, but better gone than a gain. Next week you will see a bigger loss, I just know it!

Jill...the recipe sounds so good! Think I will give it a try. I have a recipe for guiltless mash potatoes made with cauliflower. I'm going to make it and not tell Jim, see if he notices the difference. He HATES cauliflower. Yeah on your one pound gone as well.

Reggie...You are just disappearing before our eyes.

Bobbi...Glad to see you back posting. I was reading your profile and see you have a Irish Setter. We had our beautiful Brandy for 13 years, she was a long hair setter. Is your's long or short hair. They are wonderful pets. Now I have a very spoiled poodle named Ozzy.

Well gang, I'm doing the happy dance At my WW weigh-in I was down 3 pounds. Yippie!!! After having gained the last two weeks, it was nice to finally see a loss. That's a total of 11 pounds gone since 4th of Jan. I'm beginning to feel like I can really do it this time.

Check back later if I can get the computer away from my better half. Dinner is Taco Soup. Hope it warms me up. We are suppose to be -50 below with wind chill tomorrow into Friday. Brrrrrrrrrrr Enjoy your sun Lisa and Jill

Cheryl
Old 02-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #568  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

A crappy day for Miss Hyacinth here, but I've stayed on task with my Atkins Induction anyway - now at, drumroll: day 15. Time to go protein shopping again tomorrow - I realized I had to resort to cheese for most of the protein portion of a meal today - still in the "allowed" catagory, but I want to keep that stuff to a minimum.

Planning is the key for this program and that is a challenge for me personally. But I've got my little list all ready to go for tomorrow :-)

Going to see if I can find a good book to read tonight and hopefully change my unhappy/hurt feelings mood. Hope everyone else had a good day anyway!!

Hugs,
Hyacinth
Old 02-16-2006, 08:26 AM   #569  

Height: 5'1"

Default good morning

Good morning everyone, Hope you are all to a good start today!
Carla I know you have found the right place! Lots of support here! Check in often. You arealready well on your way. I think you have to be determined to make changes in your life style and eating. My one TIP would be to PLAN! Fail to plan, plan to fail! Have you tried keeping a journal? I make a menu for a week and go shopping for that week. That way I know what i am going to eat ahead of time and the food is in the house. Cuts out the impulsive eating! I don't know that I LOVE exercise, but I love the way it makes me feel. And my body does miss it when I don't exercise.

Jill, I was hoping that fudge would be GOOD! I love fudge! Oh, well....I'll try the shepards pie instead. I've heard of the mashed calaflower but I've never tried it.

Joan, We all have our up's and downs. We're here to give support and encouragement. Don't feel bad because you slipped and feel, let us encourage you to get back up and try again! I'm glad to hear that you did that already and have lost a pound!! Have a good time In San Diego and remember you can have fun without eating!!!

Bobbi, I know what you mean about getting to goal and regaining. I've done it a thousand times! This time I am determined to keep it off. I'm hoping when I get off tract some of you will yank me back on!!!

Reggie, we've missed you! haven't heard from you in awhile! You are such an inspiration! Another 2 pounds!

Cheryl, 3 carrots for your 3 pound loss!! I know you can do it this time! You are doingso good! That Taco soup sounds good. did you give us the recipe already? sounds familuar but I don't remember. (old age) It's cold here but not like 50 below!!! Burr......

Hy, You've been on Atkins for 15 days already! You've proved to yourself that you can do it! Got a good book already picked out? I'm reading the new Stephen King "the Cell" right now. Starting out good, but you know how weird his books can get!

Every one have a good day, Freda
Old 02-16-2006, 09:16 AM   #570  
Bobbi

Good Morning Everyone!
We're in the start of a blizzard and 8 - 10 inches of snow today so I thought I'd spend some time on the food sections of this site. Wow, it would take days and days to go through all the recipes so I zeroed in on the 5 star rated ones. Did you know about the mock hash browns made with radishes? They all rave about them, even people who don't like radishes. I found a "Salsa Baked Chicken" recipe I'll try tonight. I found a recipe for Zesty lemon Pie that is raved about too. I'm not a South Beacher but found these on the SBD recipe site. Where is the calorie counting recipe site? I saw low carb, WW's, vegian recipes but no calorie counting. Am I missing it? Maybe we should start one!
Cheryl, "Charlie" my English Setter has a beautiful heavily ticked long coat of hair and both eyes have black patches. He is so sweet and takes all his chewing bones out of his basket everynight and brings them to us to share. He trained very easily, we can hold a treat under his nose and he won't eat it until we say, "Take". He is a house dog but loves running outside, we live on an acreage so he has plenty of running room. I wish I had the iron tight muscles he has in his legs! If I'd get off my duff and run like my dog I wouldn't be in the shape I'm in.
I've dropped 3 pounds since Monday, using my old, old Richard Simmons Food Mover this time. I'm tired of counting calories, alth that works the best for me. The food mover is a small grey plastic box with windows that open and close is you don't know what it is. I'm using the 1200 calorie card and I always end up with leftover boxes that I could have used but didn't. All the vegetables on this plan really fills me up. Anyone else using this? I better get off my cp and feed my chickens. We have 7 hens and 2 roosters, just enought eggs to feed us and my daughter/grandkids. My thought for the day: "IT'S SCARY WHEN YOU START MAKING THE SAME NOISES AS YOUR COFFEEMAKER"
Bobbi
Closed Thread