Old 03-06-2004, 06:58 PM   #271  

Well it's almost 7pm and I am exhausted!!! I felt sluggish all day because of last nights wine frenzy and it took alot of energy just to clean my bathroom and bedroom (guess I will be busy tomorrow) I ate breafkast at 1pm and I ate lunch at five. I know I have to eat again so I can get enought protien in.

I did exercise today. I am starting to enjoy my WATP dvd and the 2 mile makes me feel good. It's been five days in a row that I kept at it. I didn't weigh myself this morning cause I didn't want to feel even more guilty about last night. Tonight we are just staying in and watching movies. So I hope its a early night for me.

Talk to you all tomorrow!!!
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:51 PM   #272  
Gym'll fix it!!

Dale, Great Job with the exercise i have yet to start mine trouble is i keep coming online and STAYING online i really must force myself to do something today wise move staying away from the scale because thats a sure fire way to make you feel worse if the has gone up I'm trying to decide which plan to start again count cals? Slimming World or WeightWatchers decisions,decisions
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 05:21 PM   #273  

Good evening and happy Sunday. Today was my official weigh in with the father's day challenge I am doing and I have lost a total of 14 pounds. 10 since I started last week. I know its the first week loss and it will slow down but I am thrilled and more motivated to continue.

Cat90 I too find myself coming back to the computer room several times a day and have to force myself to get off. I did get my exercise in today and cleaned the house, made my meals for the week. So now its relaxing time.

Going to watch extreme makeover home edition tonight so I can cry like a baby.

take care

Dale
Old 03-07-2004, 10:31 PM   #274  
stbakd

trixi: wtg on the loss
on saturday i didn't do the scale thing because stayed home and cleaned my apartment.
i was exhausted and i had a few beer. i'll have to be good this week.
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 02:15 PM   #275  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls and Glen

Dale, WOW thats fantastic how did you manage to lose 10lbs in one week?
Well, i finally managed to get my butt moved yesterday and i walked 2mls..not much but a start i'm going to do some in a minute when i move..i am, i am, i am and if i don't make sure that you give me

Hiya Glen, don't worry about the few beers you'll get back on track
Old 03-08-2004, 09:45 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 177/177.8/135

Height: 5 feet and one inch!

Default i'm new here

hello,
I've just joined up here at 3fatchicks, and I was wondering if you guys would mind adding another Canadian to the mix? My names Melissa and I'm from Guelph, ON. I've read through most of this thread and I think it's great how supportive you guys are.
melissa
impixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:57 PM   #277  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Melissa

So glad that you chose to join us we are glad to have you here

I managed to walk another 2mls today wanted to do more but had to run an errand so i'll settle for that
Old 03-08-2004, 10:01 PM   #278  

Welcome impixy....jump on board!!! I sister in law lives and works in Guelph. It's a beautiful place.

Cat90 I tend to lose really fast at the beginning, probably from all the water I retain. If I don't stick to the plan I gain it back just as fast. My program is really strict and getting off of it for even one meal can put me behind two days! So this time I will sick to it! and also considering I have never really exercised and have done my WATP's 2 mile everyday I think helps speed things up for me as well. I know it will taper off and soon it will be slow and steady, just got to keep motivated to I don't mess up.

You guys and the challenge I have joined on the other thread have really helped me get through the last few weeks. I know we are all here for the same reason and it makes me feel a whole lot better when I know I am not the only one who has to work at this.

HEFTY my challenge this week is no beer and I am jealous!!!! Next week its coffee.

Have a great day all!!!!

Dale
Old 03-09-2004, 12:49 AM   #279  

Hi Impixy,

I haven't been here long but this is a great bunch.

I made it to the gym Sunday. I missed Saturday as friends to me out to an all you can eat buffet, which I am usually good at...lots of veggies, a sout and lean meat usually, but they had BBQ, baked beef ribs!!!!! My absolute favourite. I over ate so badly at lunch, I couldn't even bend over ...I swear...the great/sad thing is that I ate les than half of what I could have eaten last year...what a difference a year can make LOL

So I mamagaed to get to the gym tonight...it is my cardio only night...I have become quite the gym rat... I average about 5 times a week.

but I came home and had nachos tonight...although I didn't eat much, about a serving, maybe 1 1/2 serving, but it was after 10pm...a big nono on my plan.....

Aaahh well, tomorrow is another day....

night all

Deborah
Deborah17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:49 AM   #280  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Good Sunny Morning

Hi Everyone!

GLEN--Glad to see you're still here! Isn't it nice to be missed by all these ladies

DEWCAN--We'll miss you. Good luck with your move.

Thanks for all the encouragement gang. I think I'm doing really well. Sunday was my day for a longer training session. I walked 4 miles in 50 minutes. I got in a couple of jogs and I even did a big sprint at the end.

My eating is much improved from what it once was. On most evenings, the chips I used to eat have been replaced with grapefruit. And my portions are smaller. And it seems things do not tempt me as much. I made banana bread last night, which I just love, and only had 2 small slices--I had made mini loaves, so the slices weren't too big.

I think I have to work more at my water intake. Some days are just not good with that.

I've got to go get the little guy ready for school. Just wanted to do a quick check in.

Make it a GREAT day people!
Zanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:03 PM   #281  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls + Glen,

Walked another 2mls yesterday have a bit to go to catch up to Susanne but i was there once and i will be again I'm useless at drinking water Susanne and always seem to make a cuppa instead

Deborah, i started off well too and then i went downtown and could'nt resist going into the British Sweet Shop and buying a bar of Cadburys Turkish Delight that stuff is so good It was'nt that that was really bad it was the 2 slices of Pizza last night that put me over Oh Well, like you said "today is another day"
Old 03-09-2004, 09:23 PM   #282  

I feel like a big huge butterball today!!!! I just feel soooo bloated, think I am retaining water..oh well.

I am still going strong on the exercise and eating so I happy about that.

Cat90 I only do 2 miles as well but it feels like a million sometimes we gotta start small are we will hurt ourselves right?

Hi Zanne....Someone brought in homebread at work and heated it in to toaster oven. I swear I drooled! I have never wanted a slice of pizza more than I did tonight...but stuck to my salmon. Feeling kind of blah tonight so I will talk to you all tomorrow hopefully when I am not so bloated.

Dale
Old 03-09-2004, 10:23 PM   #283  
"I'm working on it!"

I am feeling "blah" today. had to push myself to get on the elliptical. I didn't break any speed records, but at least I did my half hour. I have to keep working at it--I have to go 13.1 miles in less than 10 weeks.

TRIXI--I hear ya on the "butterball" thing. I feel so gross and bloated myself. I think I had too much "white" stuff today. I think I've been pushing it since I can see I've lost some inches. At least the bloatedness is a good reminder to stay on plan!

YEAH CAT for doing 2 miles! Just keep working at it!

Grapefruit time!
Zanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:28 AM   #284  

I know all about bloat...lol
I bloat if I eat carbs...I can usually minimize it by drinking lots of water
Cat90...if you have trouble with drinking water try this I used it until I didn't need to any more... I put 8 elastics around my wrist and when they were all around my drinking glass then I could stop drinking...

I was great all day and then my mother took me out for supper....it tasted great but I know there was too much carbs and nor enough veg...

aahhh well...tomorrow is another day with the potential for greatness

Deborah
Deborah17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 02:21 PM   #285  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls and Glen

Walked 3mls yesterday and today don't know what the heck is up with my foot tho' its not treadmill related it just started hurting down the side a few days ago while i was at the mall feels like a strain but i don't know why overuse??

Deborah, i don't really have trouble drinking water its just that i choose not to i know i should grab a glass of water but i'll make a cuppa instead I'll grab a pint now while i think about it and put a splash of light cranberry juice in it that'll make it go down faster