Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #421  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...still stuck on 220.6 this morning, well last time I checked it was 220.8 so I guess it moved a little, just barely ...all I am trying to do is break into the 2-teens ....why is that so hard? Geez, haha

Mel - I feel like the same thing is happening to us, right on the edge of breaking and working our way into a new set of numbers and our bodies are just not feeling it ...I hope we can both have a break thru this weekend. Sorry dh's job is giving you some stress, I know how that can be.

Susie - I am SO happy for you that all came back well...news like that ( when you have been worrying ) seems to give you a new lease on life sometimes huh? Glad it all worked out okay.

Liz - it is a great pic...you really look small ...I know that makes you feel bad that your little baby girl was needing you and you werent there, so hugs...good think you will be home soon.

Auntie G and Arabella - Hi Girls !!!!!!

Beautiful weather here today...high sixties and lots of sun, may get out and take a walk this evening...yeah I said it - I MIGHT exercise...haha ...might be what I need to break this no loss streak ...

See ya gals.

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #422  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies. It's a sun-shiny day here..I'm so happy to see the sun.
Thank you all for celebrating my Good News yesterday with me and for your support as I went through that waiting time.

I had a great treadmill lunch time workout today. My TOPS meeting is tonight..I hope the scales are good to me.

Liz: Your little girl is going to be so happy to see you when you get home..oh and DH too! Thanks for sharing the pic with us...you look AMAZING!
Keep reminding me of the visual of me and DH waltzing and me being thinner, you are right, it helps to have those.

Carri: I hope you get the walk in..it just feels good to move in the sunshine.
You said it when you said "I have a new lease on life"...it sure feels like it.

Mel: I think maybe practicing maintenance is a good thing for a bit. As for the drama at DH's work place--I'm sure it's playing a part in your weight-loss efforts not getting you where you want to be. It's so scary to deal with work drama.

Auntie G; Hi!

Arabelle: Hi!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #423  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...well the scale moved to 220.2 ...which tells me that if I stay OP all weekend I can probably see 219 something either tomorrow or Sunday...fingers crossed...staying positive...

TGIF - cant take another day of work...need a break ...and to sleep in ...I am a sleeper...I come by it honest though, my DM is the same way and all of her family, hahaha ...Just gonna relax this weekend and catch up on my DVR shows...

No, I didnt get out and walk last evening...kind of got chilly and windy, storms coming in, so once I fixed dinner and cleaned that up I was just ready to sit for the evening...bad, lazy, Carri ! lol

My friend just got a Kia Soul yesterday and brought over to show me, I have been wanting a new car so badly lately, I drive a 2002 chevy cavalier on its last leg ...dont really want to add a car payment but I just WANT one, haha

I hope you all have a great weekend !! I will try and check in and let you know if I finally broke into the 2 teens !!!

See ya !!

Carri
Old 04-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #424  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Liz- Poor Dh but it is good that you got a break!!

Carri-Yay for the scale moving you are soooo close to 219! I saw 188.4 this morning so I am back where I was last week which is OK by me!

Susie- Hope you had a good TOPS meeting last night! I think maintaining from 188/190 is what I need to do to stay sane right now. I was really obsessing to where it might not of been healthy so time for a break I guess.

Hope everyone else is doing good!!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #425  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I have to admit I struggled last week, sometimes winning and sometimes not. Good day Monday, bad Tuesday, bad Wednesday, good Thursday and Friday. *shrug* I even had wheat, which makes me feel crappy and puts pounds on me. I'd been doing low-carb and then started letting them in... No good!

So, I'm back on plan, recommitting. I usually have a glass or three of wine on the weekend nights but managed to forgo last night, planning to stay away from it for a while at least. Even a couple of glasses makes me tired the next day. I always feel better when I'm not eating a lot of carbs, too, so hoping to feel fantastic tomorrow.

Oh -- stupid story of the week: I went to the thrift store for some spring tops and got four. Took them home, tried them on and they were all too small. Finally realized I'd bought XL instead of 1X. Sooooo I'm telling myself they'll fit soon.

Mel, I think that's a great idea. Your body probably has to adjust to your new weight and then you can start losing again. It's probably a setpoint for you. Just realized yesterday that this weight is probably one for me -- it's just about to the highest weight I've allowed myself to be in the last 15 years or so.

Carri, the weather is so changeable this time of year. It's like February here -- windchill yesterday was about 10 Fahrenheit. The temperature's been bouncing around a lot -- one day will be warm enough to go jacketless and then the next you want to wear a parka. Ooooh... you're almost back into the teens! Maybe you'll have a big drop on the scale, too.

Susie, YAY for your good news! And congrats on your loss last week -- think I missed that before.

I love the idea of taking ballroom dancing -- it's SO romantic! I haven't given up on the idea of trying to talk DH into it. I managed to get him to join a choir, so... I was just thinking the other day how wonderful it would feel to be happy with my body and having a big, strong man dance me around in style.

Liz, I feel for you! I don't think men tend to feel guilt the way we do. I remember crying in the shower when I went back to work when DS was little.

And sometimes we're going to feel guilty whatever we do: If I say "no" to something to have DGS over I feel guilty about what I turned down. And if I say "yes" I feel guilty about not having DGS over. Can't win. Bet your little sweetie was happy to see you!

Auntie g How are the roly-poly shoes? I heard a couple behind me on the boardwalk start to talk about mine the other day and turned around to tell them how comfortable they are. Sketchers should be paying me.

K, I'm just gearing up to go for my long walk. Let's make this a good one!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #426  
One Day at a Time...

Still 188.4 this morning so I think I am def going to maintain for awhile, I feel really good about the decision and so does DH

Arabella- Good luck this week!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Saturday- hurray! Down another 1.5 today and I am very happy about that! I really did do some baaaad stuff this past week, but I've been back on track since Wednesday and walked as much as I had time for, so I guess I undid the damage. My pants are falling off, so that's a good thing. Can't afford new ones, but I think my warm weather clothes are a little smaller than the stuff I've been wearing. Yay! Now if only it would stop raining and warm up a bit...

Mel, yeah, I think you're onto something there- maintaining for a while, then jamming on it again. We do put our bodies through the ringer, don't we? Can't blame 'em for wanting a break in the action!

Arabella, I'm pretty used to the shoes now, but I don't think I'd want to wear them all day. I just put them on to go for walks. I don't know how much physical difference there is, but I got the Danskin brand, not the Skechers. Quite a price difference... Glad you're back on track, too! Stay away from that evil wine- LOL, it's been giving me some trouble lately, but there's none left in the house. For now...

Carri, you're almost to the teens! Any minute now... See, maybe you should have gone for a walk! LOL, I understand the weather not cooperating, though. This really is a difficult time of year. I don't know about any other states, but the saying in PA is "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes..." Problem is, it could change to hot and sticky or cold, windy, rainy. Ya never know which end is up! Either way, hang in there and behave while you're relaxing this weekend!

Susie, how did TOPS go? I think it's great that you get workouts in during your lunch time. I don't get a lunch time at work, but I'm pretty sure I would want to sit down and put my feet up if I did... Though I guess it's different if you sit at a desk all day. I'm usually running around like a crazy person, so maybe that counts as a workout?

Liz, hope you had a nice reunion with your "babies"!

Ooh, it stopped raining, must be time for a walk before it starts again. Have a good one, everyone!
[/I]
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #428  
It is what it is...

Hi girls, hope you all are having a great weekend...I just popped in to say I finally broke into the 2 teens...my scale finally cooperated and I saw 219.4 this morning Now hoping it keeps going down.

have a great weekend all !!

Carri
Old 04-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #429  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Yay, Carri, congrats! Just another quick check in here, too. Took DH to the hospital with a HUGE infection from what we thought was just a minor skin injury. Had to come home to take my puppy girl out and pick some stuff up for him, and heading back out. It's pouring rain, stepped in puddles 5" deep, just a lovely night. Sigh... Hope you all are having a better night than I am!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:37 AM   #430  

The TOPS scales were not nice--they said I had a 1.50 lb gain! I was really surprised. All the worry I was dealing with over the mamo appt could have contributed. It was very stressful for me. Also DH reminded me that at the beginning of the week last week I had two bowls of ice cream..and they weren't just one dip but maybe 3--so...there you go.

You can be that weight is coming off this week--I just hope I can get all of it back off plus .25 more--that's my goal.

I can't believe I'm still up! But I'm about to heard to bed. I have church in the morning--but lucky for me that services aren't until 10:30, so I 'll sleep in until 8 or so...for sure up by 8:30.

DH and I did some major house cleaning today and we also "switched" our closets. I don't have enough closet space to keep both my fall-winter, spring-summer stuff out at the same time so I keep the "off-season" clothes in plastic tubs in the garage. Tonight I put away my heavy winter things and got out my spring/summer things. I needed to see what I need to buy for work and such. I really didn't buy much spring/summer things last year, so I'm thinking maybe 4 pair of pants and 5-6 shirts. I have already bought 2 summer dresses for work and one for church. And I bought some new sandels, dressy and casual. So, in a couple of weeks when I get paid again..I'll be pants/shirt shopping--got to have something to wear to work!

Annie: You did well at the scales! Very proud of you. I hope DH is doing and the infection will be gone soon and easily.

Arabella: How did you do today with getting back on track? I know you can do it. I'm back to writing down and adding up everything I put in my mouth.
I know better than to stop but I do from time to time...and then the gain comes and so I return to what I know really works.
Keep working on your DH about Ballroom dancing--we are having so much fun! and I'm looking forward to showing off at the 3 weddings we have this summer to attend and there will be dancing!

Cari: GREAT job on being in the teens!

Mel: Maintaining looks good on you!

Liz: I hope you are enjoying your time since you go home from the business trip. I know your family missed you a lot!

Ok--off to bed!
Old 04-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #431  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...well the scale is REALLY moving this weekend, I guess what I was doing finally caught up after a week of not moving...this morning showed me down yet again at 217.8 ... but I dont know if that is just a flook since I dont eat as much on the weekends usually, since I dont wake up in time to have breakfast, haha ...Carri likes to sleep in ....

Oh well gonna try and not step on the scale again until Friday if I can do it...

Auntie G - sorry to hear about dh...hope he is better today...glad you caught it before it got any worse...I hear ya on the rain we had a ton of it yesterday, but nice and very sunny today, still a little chilly though...

Susie - dont worry about the gain, you can get that off this week no problem, and then some...we all have our bad weeks...like I have had recently...

Hi to Mel, Liz, and Arabella !!!!

Just went to have sushi for lunch with dh at our favorite place, then got a green tea at Starbucks...gonna let my food settle and then clean some upstairs, my bathroom is getting kind of nasty, haha

Have a great day everyone!!!

Later,
Carri
Old 04-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies

Quick post...

Arabella - For sure you'll be in those XL tops soon!

auntie g - WTG, sounds like you're doing awesome!

Carri - And you too!!

Susie - Don't worry about the gain, you'll get it right back off, definitely you were under a lot of stress. Back on track and it'll be right back off!

Mel - I'm glad you and DH are feeling good about the decision to maintain, I think it's a good one, you don't want to drive yourself nuts.

I'm doing well, although having a "snacky" day....we had a bbq tonight (with a freak blizzard and all, haha) and although I did well with the food there, I am now snacking more than I had planned. Oh well, right back on track tomorrow. I was 140 this morning, so I guess I should move my ticker....I've been floating at 140 for a while now. I'm happy here although want to increase exercise to tone more. Anyhow hope everybody has a great night!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #433  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...I thought the 217.8 seemed too good to be true, haha This morning the scale said 218.2 which seems more reasonable so I will take it ...so now my next goal is getting into the single digit 200's ...that will make me VERY happy once I see that 209 and know I am getting SO close

Liz - I have been wanting to bbq too ...might do sometime this week...just been craving a big ol grilled hamburgar with everything on it ...

Well its Monday again.... lol ....hope you all have a great day, hi to everyone.

Carri
Old 04-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #434  
One Day at a Time...

Auntie- Congrats on bring down 1.5 pounds!! I am so sorry to hear about DH is he doing ok now?

Carri- Wow thats amazing, the scale is definitely doing what it should be doing now! Congrats!! But no peeking until Friday

Susie- Don't let the gain get to you I am sure it will fall off before this week is over!

Liz-140 sounds like a nice number to stay at, I wish I was there lol Bbq sounds soooo good!

Hope everyone has a great week and that it flies by! I have to say that it feels like a weight has been lifted with not having to count everything that I eat (at least for now) I have found that I dont eat that much even though I am not counting.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #435  

Hi Ladies,

It's a 4 day work-week for me this week--we have Friday off for Good Friday. I'm having the living room, dinning room and hallway painted on Good Friday. I hired someone to do it so it would all be done in one day. I took before pictures last night so I can take after pictures and post them.
I think that is why I didn't post the bedroom pics--I never took before pics.

Ballroom dancing was fun last night and I can't even tell you how much I sweat in two hours! I did the ellipitical for 30 min at lunch today. Feeling pretty good about all that.

When I was getting out my spring/summer clothes I came across this cute jean skirt that I bought at the end of last season..it comes to my knee and buttons up the front. The buttons are a bit tight across the front but in 7-10 lbs I think they would be perfect. So, I hung it up in my bedroom on a hanger on a hook on my closet so that I can see it every day to keep me on track with that goal. I am working to be able to wear it on my birthday in June

Liz: I had a snacky day on Friday..fought it until about 3 and then allowed myself to have the bag of peanut M&M's I wanted and the soft pretzal later that night. I will say that my "binges" don't happen as often or as big as they used to.
I'm sure you are back on track?

Cari: You are rockin' those scales! You know, I haven't heard you mention soda in a long time and I see those scales showing you good things!

Mel: Sometimes tools that once helped us don't always benefit us later on and we need a break. It sounds like keeping track of the food was a hinderence to you and gave you uneeded stress. When/if it's time to keep track again, you will know, until then enjoy not doing so!