Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #61  

MELF: I hope your knee and hip pain improve dramatically by walk time tomorrow! I am glad there is a reason why they moved your mom, and it is an understandable one. As you said, it doesn't make it any easier. Will the change be long term? Or is there a chance she will be moved back into the unit soon?

FRUIT: It is always good to hear from you! I know it is hard to find the time to post with a full time job, a child then being pregnant too! You probably are ready to drop by the time you get Alexis to bed! I am grateful for even a short monthly post from you! Otherwise, I worry. It is hard to believe school is almost over! I hope your class next year is LOADS better!
Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 AM   #62  

Here I am talking to myself...

I am about to head out the door to north Georgia. It has been five weeks since I was able to go! I can't wait!

Have a great day and I will check in when I get home tonight!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #63  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

I won't go into details but yesterday was one of the most stressful days I've encountered in a long time. It was completely amazing that I didn't overeat...overall eating wasn't too bad. In just a bit I have to go out and pick the garden. That is my favorite part of growing stuff even though it hurts my neck A LOT.

Melf...saying a prayer for you and your mama. Hope your knee is doing tons better today. I had planned on starting walking next week but I may go this afternoon. I can't put it off forever.

Fruit...GREAT to see you and hear about the active baby in your tummy. After your little one gets here you'll be amazed. Your schedule will fall into place and you won't remember a time before having two. ((hugzz))

Bob...((hugzz)) how are you doing? Are things starting to settle down for you?

EricsMommy...welcome back. Isn't great you were able to have a good time and not gain too much weight.

Tech...I got tired just reading your post..LOL You had a very busy day.

Sef..I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. How very scary to wake up that sore after your accident.

Solly...hey busy lady....((hugzz))

Rosalie...howdy.

The washer is doing the happy dance on the back porch..better go balance the clothes. ((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #64  

Hello everyone. Thanks for being worried about me but we're fine here. The flooding is on the other side of Missouri from me. I'm sorry I haven't been posting, things have been hectic here. Tomorrow I go for a chemical stress test at the hospital. I hate those things. Then next week end my daughter in law and grandchildren are coming from Texas on a fast visit. My DH put my finch feeder up last week end. I'm enjoying watching the beautiful little birds eat. The hummingbirds are busy. I've got 4 blooms on one of my potted tomato plants. Hopefully will get some good tomatoes this summer. My herbs are doing well and I have somemore basil to plant this evening. Eating hasn't been to good. Well need to go fix lunch. Have a happy day and a good week end.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #65  

Good Evening

Sorry I was mia for a few days but I was busy and tired. I've been stuck at home for most of the last three days having the bathroom fixed and getting some painting done. My dil painted my kitchen and bathrom and put a second coat on the balcony and I was the gofer. It's amazing how tired I get watching someone else paint. . Seriously though I think it is because I do too much standing around and that is harder on my feet and legs than when I am more active. Last night I went to bed at 9.30 and was up at 4 a.m sanding the walls in the br so I could get it ready for my dil who usually comes at 8.30 after dropping the kids off at school. I did go back to bed after and slept until about 7 a.m. Anyway most of it is done now. I still have the mirror, light and medicine cabinet to be put up then it is finished. It worked out well as I decided to keep the same mirror but it needed to be taken away to be cut to size so the other stuff was left off the wall so we could get the painting done.

I went out to Sears this evening to check on a few things and saw a recumbent exercise bike on sale for $169 reduced from $259 so I have ordered one and will pick it up next week. I used to use the one my son had before he moved and did find that it was good for my knees. My eating has not been good lately and I really must get back on track. I've been doing too much eating out the last few weeks and going to banquets and pot lucks. Most of that is over now so I have no excuse not to get back to more sensible eating.

Fruit - It's really good to hear from you and to know that things are going well. . I'm sure you will get into a routine when the little one arrives.

Toni - Glad to hear everything is well with you.

CountryMom - I hope to-day was less stressful for you. At least you showed willpower by not making it an excuse to overeat.

Monet - Hope you had a good day in north Georgia.

Melf - I admire you for all the walking you do. Hope your knee and hip are feeling better to-day. Sometimes we need that afternoon nap. I too always try not to sleep during the day as I know I will be up half the night but there were a couple of days last week when I just couldn't stay awake. Hope your Mom is settling into the new unit. I understand how stressful it can be for you.

Techwife - I felt tired just reading your post.

ErcisMommy - Welcome back.

Sef - Sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear that no one was hurt although I am sure you were shaken up. Hope the aches and pains are better to-day.

BOB and Thunderwoman - .

I have a pile of laundry in the dryer. Soon as it is finished I am off to bed.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #66  

I am back from North Georgia. I had a wonderful day. We played around a while with some ideas, then made some slump forms to use to make stuff with. We actually rolled a few slabs and made a couple pieces too. Most of the time was spent catching up. It had been five weeks since I was up there! I can't wait to go back next week. We decided to go in together on an extruder. I can't wait to play with it! It was expensive, but will be really nice to use.

The trip home was easier than I thought. I got in about 10, and have been trying to find a package that was supposed to be delivered today. UPS says it was delivered, but no one in the family knows anything about it, and I can't find it outside. I think the UPS man either threw it in some bushes, or put it at the wrong house. I am NOT happy about it.

I will check in tomorrow morning! It is time for bed! Sweet dreams!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:23 PM   #67  

It's been a really LONG day...up at 6:30am, walked 3.6 miles/68 minutes without any knee or hip pain But would you believe the scale was up 3 lbs from yesterday What's the deal

Thanks for all the encouragement with my Mom. I did see her twice today. She was not her usual today. Didn't seem to realize I was even there. Went back late this evening & she was already in bed. Still had her dress on which she had on yesterday also by the way! & they had not put her gown on even. The room was hot & she was sweating. Air vents closed. We got her up & visited then I got her changed & put her back in bed & tucked her in. Not a very good track record for her 2 nd day on the floor, huh? I'm going back tomorrow & I plan to keep a close eye on her. I will make complaints if I have to, to make sure she gets good care.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:08 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday,

I started this post early yesterday and never got back to it. Oh well.
I had a strange dream last night. I went out to lunch and forgot to pickup my friend and left her standing on the corner, and at the table was some man whom I didn't know, but he was telling me how he had lost 300 pounds. He was trying to help me with my problem of eating everything on my plate. I think it was some kind of message or something. Weird. But then I always have weird dreams.
I got a 2.5 mile walk in last night at the park. DH's work has a softball team and he thought he might have to sub, so I went along just in case he had a heartattack running the bases or broke something. So I walked the walking track before the game. I was sweaty, but oh well. It is hard getting in exercise this time of year unless it is walking. Just too much going on. I need to start getting up and hitting the gym early or walking on our instead of coming into work so early. I am fed up with all the goings on at work so I think I will use the time for me.

I got 2 nights of walking and one morning on the this week, so that is not too bad.

We have a brithday party in Lexington for my great niece tomorrow and my DD is having us out for burgers on Mother's day. She offered to take me out, but that is expensive and we can visit better this way and see the dogs. Plus I would feel like I should pay, so it is cheaper for me.
We will be out of town the next 3 weekends so I have to be stellar with my eatingat least during the weeks.

Fruit, so good to hear from you, I think it's the first child that throws the schedule hay-wire. After that, 2, 3 or 4 , it just works out. Wow 11 more days is awesome. Maybe we will see some more posts. I couldn't figure out why you were out so long from school, but then I realized I had to add in maternity leave. Take care, give Alexis a big hug (hugs are good things) from me.

Melf, sorry about your knee/hip. If it's not one joint it's another. Another part of this old t hing I don't like. It doesn't seem to be slowing you down which is great. Don't worry about the scale today. Those things are possessed anyway. They certainly have a mind of their own. Probably water or something. Sure hope your mom gets some better treatment. You stay on them. That is such a shame. I have to say, I think that is the worst disease to have. Sending prayers for her and you.

Monet, glad you had such a nice visit to the mountains yesterday. Seems like that is your therapy. You deserve it.

Country, sorry about your stressful day, but nice that you didn't turn to food. I do. I have planted some herbs (3) and have already cut some parsley to use. Yummy! They are going wild too. Did you get your walk in?

Toni, you have been on my mind too with all the flooding Anything happens in Mo, I think of you. Hope your test goes ok today.

Rosalie, your bathroom sounds like it is coming together. My DH loves the recumbant bike.

Ericsmommy, welcome back. How wonderful you will be ketting home therapy for your son.

Thunder, welcome back. You sound like you were so busy, but had some fun too.

Tech, Wow, i was worn out reading your post.

Sef, hope you are having a better day. Sorry about your car, but glad no one was hurt.

Bob, how are you doing??

Anyone hear anything from Heartmom?

Got to run. Have a great Day and A Happy Mother's Day wish to all you mothers, aunts, mothers-to-be, grandmas, etc. You are special people.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #69  

Good Morning All

I was up early this morning and went for a walk. Today as the weather was nice I walked outside the mall. Don't know how far I walked but did about 40 minutes which is about the same as I usually do inside. Then I went to Home Depot to buy some carpet for my balcony and now waiting for a friend to come and help me put it down. It will be nice to have it all finished so I can sit outside and enjoy the good weather. Yesterday's eating was a little better than it has been lately. For dinner I had roasted lamb chops with steamed broccoli and some canned peaches in juice for dessert. For bf to-day I had an omelet with cheese, tomato, green pepper and onion with 2 small slices of sprouted grain bread. That was all very filling. Don't know yet what lunch or dinner will be. I think it will be a late lunch as I am still full from bf.

Solly - That was a weird dream you had. I guess it was your subconscious trying to tell you something. .

Melf - Don't worry about those three pounds. I think it is normal for our weight to fluctuate daily although I know it is disheartening to see those numbers on the scale. . I'm sure by tomorrow it will be back down again.

Old 05-12-2007, 01:26 PM   #70  

Hey everyone! I am in catering mode this weekend. I have a big dinner to do on Monday...Beef Wellington for 55. I may be scarce until it is over.

I slept late this morning...I still woke up about every two hours, but I think I got enough sleep. I am planning on going to the gym later, or just go jump in the pool for a while. Depends on how the catering is going.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day...
Old 05-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #71  
sef

Hi

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

I am moving carefully. By Wednesday I was really hurting. DIL who has worked in chiropractic for 10years said the third day is usually the worst. Thought I should see the chiropractor, me a non-believer! She knows that. But at that point I figured I'd try anything.

After treatment I thought I was moving easier, but that was a false alarm. I went the next day and again felt better for a while. Same yesterday. Doctor said that is normal beause he is realigning and adjusting things and sometimes that in itself can cause discomfort. So we'll see. Go back Monday morning. Part of the reason for hurting yesterday was probably due to doing wash.

After I dusted today and put away yesterday's wash, I decided I wasn't up to vacuuming. Maybe tomorrow.

So I am surviving and not as bad as I was Wednesday,

Ever try to get hold of an insurance adjuster? Wednesday on way home from doctor I stopped at our insurance agent, who called the other insurance company. Gave him all the info and he said adjuster would call me by end of workday.......NOT. I have called his number four times. The recording says my call is important to him and he returns all calls by end of workday.....NOT.
Think I will call main office Monday and complain.

Hope evry Mother has a good day tomorrow. Take care.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 05-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #72  

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Old 05-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #73  
ericsmommy

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE SPECIAL LADIES HERE!!!!

I am doing great have lost all the extra weight from our trip and am now at 180, can't wait to see the scale in the 170 area. It's pouring here today so l think it will be a quiet day inside today. As much as Eric wants to go outside he will just have to deal with playing inside.

DH is still sleeping as he let me sleep in yesterday so l got up with Eric this morning to spend time with him on my special day. I am waiting for my card, Dh picks the best cards they always make me cry.

WE made turkey surprise for dinner last night out of the SB cookbook it was so good, were having left overs tonight. Had a soft boiled egg and ww toast for breakfast along with some fresh fruit.

Hope you all have a great day and that your happy.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #74  

Good Morning

I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day. I was very happy with mine. I had 1 doz yellow roses from one ds and from my other ds and dil I had a plant of herbs - 3 or four kinds of basil and a garlic plant. I didn't know there were more than one kind of basil. Three I know for sure are basil but the fourth one I am not really sure what it is. I got out for a short walk this morning. Didn't do my usual as I have to go out at 8.30 as I am going to a bowling tournament and have to pick up a couple of the team on the way. For breakfast this morning I had wholewheat/oat pancakes with blueberries. I am packing a sandwich of cheese on rye bread for lunch as there will probably only be junk food sold at the bowling alley.

Gotta run.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day and weekend. I did. Went to my DD for a cookout and just a relaxing afternoon. They gave me a silicone muffin pan and an abstract dish for my coffee table that I had seen and liked. DH gave my perfume.

I have a busy week ahead. I have bunco at my house o Wed and I did not get to clean at all this weekend. I guess I will have to stay home from DD's VB game tonight and clean. :sad: Tomorrow night we want to go get a new patio set and I would like to have it in case we want to sit out Wed night. Thursday, I have to get a shower present for a shower we have on Sunday night, and Friday after work we leave for the lake for the weekend.
So I will be running crazy all week.

Rosalie, sounds like you got a nice walk in. I couldn't walk in the mall, I would be stopping to make purchases too often. I didn't know there was a garlic plant.

Monet, good luck on your dinner. I know it will be delicious as always.

Sef, hope you are feeling better today.

Ericsmommy, glad you had a nice day with your DS. I love cards too.

Better get my day started. Have a great one!
Closed Thread