Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #391  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Thanks ladies I just love looking at everyones before & after pictures, so I figured it was time to update mine. Have a great OP day!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #392  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Thanks ladies I just love looking at everyones before & after pictures, so I figured it was time to update mine. Have a great OP day!
WooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooo You look to good for words!!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Girl you can do it. Everytime i walk by food I think NO I spent to much money on this plan...lol.... Texas is never cool!!! lol...... Sea World and Six Flags sound great. U need it after all the hard work
Thanks Jstuckly!! I know, I spent SOOO much money on this as well. I told myself that I could do anything for at least 6 months ( the amount I signed up for). I know if works, I just have to stop "thinking" so much and just do it!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #394  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Thanks Jstuckly!! I know, I spent SOOO much money on this as well. I told myself that I could do anything for at least 6 months ( the amount I signed up for). I know if works, I just have to stop "thinking" so much and just do it!!!!!!

You will do it, You took the bigest step and have lost like 20 pounds so far your doing great. I know you will make your goal and your inlaws will think there son married some other woman cuz u r going to be so sexy...
Old 07-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #395  
One Meal At A Time

I have been fighting off a head ake all day today could it be cuz I have not had a soad in 3 days?????
Old 07-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #396  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
WOO HOO that's great! I think it should stay off, especially if you stay op. So you only have 1 more day to go right? Has it been hard? My center has never mentioned it to me so I wonder if they offer it... how many HNS do you drink a day? And then you have a MRB or shake for breakfast, one for lunch and then a regular op dinner right? Are you feeling satisfied, or have you been feeling hungry a lot? Sorry for the 100 questions lol!
It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. I notice that when my stomach starts growling its pretty close to time for an HNS anyway...and those really do help tide me over. Have to admit that I look forward to real food at dinner tho. Not so much because I'm hungry, but the shake tastes like cake batter - ewwww... I'm still drinking 4 HNS a day. Today is the last day for me. Yay!!
Quote:
\

I make mine in a blender. My favorite is with cherry chocolate diet soda instead of water. Then I use about a cup of ice. Tastes just like ice cream!
I asked if there was anything I could add to it at my center and they told me no. Ha! Next time I do this I will be armed with some diet soda! Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Crystal - I'm so glad you've had a breakthrough! I think of you three times a day when I down my SeaThin. Bless you for finding a tiny pill to recommend.
Donuts was the one who tipped us all off on the SeaThin I believe...so he deserves the nod. Don't you just wish that more of the pills were that size! I'd wouldn't mind taking 2 smaller ones compared to 1 big one - just hate those! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn;2268351

[B
Crystal [/B]- I'm glad to hear you are seeing some movement on the scale - you deserve it! I'm sure it will stay off, although I have never tried the MetaQuick.

The wedding was a lot of fun last night. I had a great time dancing. The dance floor walls were lined in mirrors. During the typical wedding dance songs, I caught site of my reflection . . . . and it didn't horify me ! I just looked normal. Someone snapped a cute picture of me and DH, so I decided to post a new before and after in my profile (for the newbies, just click on my photo to go there). My daughters friend told me she doesn't remember what I looked like heavy, I just look normal to her now. That was probably the nicest compliment I have heard!

Good luck to all who are weighing in tomorrow! Grad school - Yes! It's made by Canfields, but a diet cherry soda would work great too!
WOW! You look beautiful! I hope you realize that!
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you!!! I'm so excited to see the scale move! I know several of us started this at exactly the same time - but I feel like such a turtle! LOL

I swear I've weighed like 10 times today. Every time I hold my breath (like that will make me lighter).

LOL

I have sooooo been there, I like to hang my toes off just to see what it will say then..... No worries you look great!!!!!!
Thank you.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #397  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriloos View Post
JSTLUCKY- Yes! you can lose 2 in 2 days. I'm so excited cuz I just got back from my weigh in and I have lost 7 pounds since last monday. Congrats to you and keep up the good work!
CHEERILOOS - WOW! 7 pounds is awesome!!! CONGRATULATIONS!
JSTLUCKY - 2 pounds in 2 days is GREAT!!! Keep going!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Congratulations! It is possible, and I'm happy for you....

I've done Metaquick and I've not gained any back but I sometimes just have a slower "loss" week the next week. So, I've lost between 4-7lbs on Metaquick, then 2-3 the following week. Does that help?
Sounds good to me!! I wouldn't mind a 2-3 pound loss next week...that's what I use to average. So, that'd be awesome!!!! Thanks for the reply.
Quote:
I have been fighting off a head ake all day today could it be cuz I have not had a soad in 3 days?????
yep...probably
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Of course you can do this... We're all in this same battle together! So, come here anytime you have a doubt!!! Look around you at some of the phenominal examples - and know that will be you, sooner than you think!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #398  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

WOOHOO on that 4.5 lbs. Way to go! I'm glad this helped to pull you out of your slump. Try not to get discouraged. I know, easier said than done, but you can do this! YAY for getting out of the 170s! That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Happy Friday everyone! I had a WI this morning and after not losing anything for so long - I finally did it today! I lost 4.5lbs since Tuesday!! I really needed to see something on the scale today or else I may have given in to some really poor choices! I'm finally out of the 170's and I honestly can't remember when the last time I was.
Crystal..
I'm doing Metaquick again this week after my weekend getaway where I binged YET AGAIN! UGH! I had a bar for breakfast and a shake for lunch. For the vanilla you can add the diet rootbeer and crushed ice and maybe even some diet chocolate soda for a chocolately root beer float. You can also add a pineapple HNS and some rum extract for a pina colada. Oh, dangit. I have a list of vanilla shake ideas at home. I just put it away last night and now I need it. I'll look at it when I get home and post some more ideas for you. I hope this works for both of us this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
I just got home from WI - still the same.... Grrrrrrrr.... I bought the shakes & bars...gonna do the Metaquick starting tomorrow. Somethings gotta give! I'm becoming kinda disgruntled...
I was about to say I could mail you some of the Tamxico ones from our Publix stores but they're refrigerated and I don't think they'd last long in the mail b/c of the heat! UGH! Sorry!
Quote:
OMG CORN TORTILLAS!! I LOVE corn tortillas and have been looking at every package of corn tortillas at the grocery store, hoping against all hope to find one that is 50 calories or less, now I'm super excited, let me go check the website...

*sigh* no stores in Nebraska, nothing west of Missouri and Illinois for that matter *sigh* Oh well I guess some things are just not meant to be.
Yes, I feel like this QUITE often sorry to say! I'm not even sure it's a voice, but maybe just a feeling. What's another cracker gonna hurt, you know? It just plain sucks! Tell the voice to shut up and get back on track! That's all we can do. It's so hard to be consistent, but that's what we NEED to do!

Quote:
Is anyone familiar with this... sometimes I feel like I can't do this, that I will fail again like I always do. Once that thought creeps in, I start to not take care of myself. I don't quite care what I put in my mouth (re:animal crackers), I don't drink my water, don't take my vitamins... I can't fully verbalize what this feeling is. It's almost as if a voice inside me is saying, who do you think you are fooling trying to lose weight, you'll never do it, you'll always be the same weight you are now, so accept it and eat some animal crackers. I go through this every time I start a new program or diet, and it (the voice) usually ends up winning.
I have no clue. I have the "fluff" too. I've been taking the CT the whole time and I still think my stomach is too "fluffy". I really don't know if it's working or not b/c I've never NOT taken the pills. However, there are people here who never take the MRC supplements and they do great too. I really think it depends on your body though. Some things work form one person and not another. Sorry, not much help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntsandyrules View Post
One more question before off to bed......
Most of my "fluff" is on my belly! I can't seem to lose it from here. My center keeps pushing CortiTrim......
Has anyone tried it? Does it work? I know I can get it way cheaper than at MRC, so if I hear positive things, I may get some to try.

Any tips on getting rid of the belly fat?

Thanks All!
Good luck. You've joined a great center and a wonderful support group!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriloos View Post
I'm new to the site and wanna introduce myself. I started week 1 on 7/7 and am looking to meet some great ppl while on our journies..
YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!

Quote:
Down another 1.5lbs since Wednesday - now I'm officially 1.5 lbs from stabilizing and .5 lbs from that 90 lb board

WOOOHOOOO!!! That's amazing. Let us know how it goes when you meet the founder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingforhealth View Post
Well I went and weighed in yesterday and I have lostanother 1 1/2 lbs. Also our manager was in yesterday. Found out that the owner of Metabolic will be at our center Monday all day and they want me to meet her I had to write my success story and they took my picture.
Again!!! YOU LOOK WONDERFUL! HOW EXCITING!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! You look like a different person (well, except for that infectious smile of yours.

Quote:
The wedding was a lot of fun last night. I had a great time dancing. The dance floor walls were lined in mirrors. During the typical wedding dance songs, I caught site of my reflection . . . . and it didn't horify me ! I just looked normal. Someone snapped a cute picture of me and DH, so I decided to post a new before and after in my profile (for the newbies, just click on my photo to go there). My daughters friend told me she doesn't remember what I looked like heavy, I just look normal to her now. That was probably the nicest compliment I have heard!

Good luck to all who are weighing in tomorrow! Grad school - Yes! It's made by Canfields, but a diet cherry soda would work great too!

Update on me. Cheated all weekend. Dh and I went away to Sea World and Universal Studios (only 45 minute drive for us) and we stayed Friday to Sunday. I had a seafood buffet on Saturday night and I literally felt sick afterward. We went back to the hotel and walked on the elliptical (dh did the treadmill) and I felt a little better. I drank my diet tea today b/c I know I'm holding a bunch of crap in there and I'm doing Metaquick to get back on track. I feel like I'm always getting back on track. I'm going to take the advice of a really great friend here and make my list this week. Now I have to go find the post where it was mentioned! UGH! I REALLY Need to do this. My b-day party is 4.5 weeks away now and I have about 18 lbs (up from 15 probably) to lose.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Rocki; 07-14-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #399  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Just got back from taking mom to the eye surgeon and WI will I was in Brunswick. I haven't Wi since 6/25, but I am down 5.6 lbs for a total of 57lbs. I signed the 55lb board and got an extra month on my contract because they closed my satellite office. I got measured today too and have lost 63.5 inches so far. WOOOHOOO!! I was hoping to be below the 220s, but maybe next week

Last edited by snflrgrl1962; 07-14-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #400  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Just got back from taking mom to the eye surgeon and WI will I was in Brunswick. I haven't Wi since 6/25, but I am down 5.6 lbs for a total of 57lbs. I signed the 55lb board and got an extra month on my contract because they closed my satellite office. I got measured today too and have lost 63.5 inches so far. WOOOHOOO!! I was hoping to be below the 220s, but maybe next week
Yeah Sharon!!! That is awesome!! You rock!!!!! You are such an inspiration for me!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #401  

]

Of course you can do this... We're all in this same battle together! So, come here anytime you have a doubt!!! Look around you at some of the phenominal examples - and know that will be you, sooner than you think![/QUOTE]

Thanks Crystal!! I know I can, but sometimes I get off the wagon (not too bad), but enough to wish I were on W.W. again because of all the choices!!!! Makes me appreciate W.W., but at the same time, I know I'm eating much healthier now and I'm seeing good results. I just have to stay more focused. We are all in this together- thank goodness for this support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #402  

Quote:
You will do it, You took the bigest step and have lost like 20 pounds so far your doing great. I know you will make your goal and your inlaws will think there son married some other woman cuz u r going to be so sexy...
LOl!! I would LOVE to show up there next June all thin!! That would be awesome!!!!!!! Man, I would love that!!!!!! Thanks for the encouragement!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #403  

Default taco seasoning question

Are we allowed to use the low sodium taco seasoning? If so, the whole package for a 1lb of meat, or what proportion?
Thanks!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #404  

S/C/G: 183.5/183.5/130.0

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
I am not speaking from experience, as my spaghetti squash is still sitting on my kitchen cabinet taunting me. However, when I looked this veggie up on Fabulousfoods.com, it gave several different cooking methods:

BAKE - pierce shell several times and cook 1 hour in an oven preheated to 375

BOIL - use a pot big enough to hold the entire squash, drop squash into boiling water and boil 20 to 30 minutes or until tender with a fork

MICROWAVE - cut squash in half lengthwise, place cut sides up in microwavable dish in 1/4 cup of water, cover with plastic wrap, cook on high 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, let stand covered for five minutes before scraping with fork

SLOW COOKER - Add 2 cups of water to slow cooker, pierce shell several times, cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours

Maybe I'll get around to trying one of these methods soon, and I'll let you know if I have crunchy squash-LOL! Other than the explosion and the crunch, did you like it?
This is great advice about using the slow cooker with squash. I never thought of doing it that way thanks.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #405  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Congratulations!!! You are doing great!
Closed Thread