Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 176.4/154.2/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettiejeanne View Post
Hi. Just wanted to introduce myself. I just stumbled across this site and am totally loving it! I just started IP yesterday. I'm hungry right now and am a little tired, but am surviving.

I'm looking forward to the support here and hopefully I can help support someone else once I get a handle on this!

Thanks!
Welcome nettiejeanne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
Ay ai ai, only day 2 and I really want my afternoon Iced Mocha from Coffee Bean. =-(
I stole this from one of Jordanna's posts - add 8 oz of water to the vanilla pudding, after mixing ( I did add some cinnamon) I heated it up in the microwave and added quite a lot of coffee to it - It was soooo good! It made a lot too. No reason you couldn't drink it over ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
I just came back from my very first IP WI and.. I lost 8lbs! Not sure about the inches as she was busy today. My husband lost 8lbs too!!
Congrats to you both!
Old 05-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 216/0/135

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
I just came back from my very first IP WI and.. I lost 8lbs! Not sure about the inches as she was busy today. My husband lost 8lbs too!!
Wow! See? Your first WI and you are already an inspiration to me.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #198  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Back from my WI....and.....DOWN 4.4 lbs. and another 2 inches GONE!!!!
Yeah...I LOVE IP!!!! 28 lbs and 26 inches in 6 weeks!!
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Stick a premade drink in the freezer for a couple of hours, it freezes up kind of like an icey or slushy. Very yummy. I was eating one when you posted this! (I had my veggies and salad for lunch, but not my IP, I put that in freezer and just now had that, so I won't be starving by dinner at 7).

WOW - great week! Keep it up! We'll all be in Novak & BevS shoes before we know it!!!
Thanks for the tip on the drinks, I am missing my summer ice cream treats

Quote:
Hi. Just wanted to introduce myself. I just stumbled across this site and am totally loving it! I just started IP yesterday. I'm hungry right now and am a little tired, but am surviving.

I'm looking forward to the support here and hopefully I can help support someone else once I get a handle on this!

Thanks!
Quote:
Wow! See? Your first WI and you are already an inspiration to me.
Thanks! It is wonderful to see results! Can't wait to see your update.

Question.. frozen veggies, do you measure 2 cups before or after you cook the? It seems alot less after but I don't want to over eat the veggies either.

Have a wonderful evening everyone and I'm loving IP!!..(ps. after my husbads WI, he decided that suffering all the lettuce and veggie is worth the results!)
Old 05-26-2010, 12:31 AM   #199  

Hey Bev - I could be totally wrong, maybe your coach has the newest phase 3 sheet...can you post it as a pdf so I can check in to it with my coach? if not, no worries!
Old 05-26-2010, 01:14 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
Ay ai ai, only day 2 and I really want my afternoon Iced Mocha from Coffee Bean. =-(
First of all why is your user name ugly ducling ? you are beautiful ! I love getting an iced starbucks coffee with sugar free carmel and then adding my vanilla protein drink to it . Its so yummy an dI dont feel like Im missing out . Good luck .
Old 05-26-2010, 01:26 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

I am filled with roast chicken, asparagus, salad goodness. probably ate too much again but oh so good. AND still haven't found a store around here that carries WF products BUT the peanut butter and italian dressing I had ordered came and I actually really like them. OH BTW ordered zero cal zero net carb bagels and will be want to get the fruit thingy from WF to go with it soon.

that is it for tonight...do crave rhubarb but might be too much vegetables for tonight.

I do think my stomach is getting big, I know that TOM is around the corner.

good night everybody.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:31 AM   #202  

TO ADDY B/c the frozen veggies cook down, I'd definitely measure them frozen~it seems more similar to the measurement you'd get if they were fresh. More veggies=more carbs anyway and that's what you're trying to restrict right now. Your hubby has the right attitude. The more you can vary the veggies, the better off you'll be. Don't forget that you can have pickles as long as there is no added sugar, corn syrup, etc.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:51 AM   #203  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I know several people have tried the miracle noodles (shirataki noodles). I found mine at sprouts and whole foods and really enjoyed them. BUT, the other day I found KELP noodles. Has anyone else found these? THEY were good! Tasteless in general. Nice firm texture. GREAT in a terriyaki stir fry I made. (terriyaki chicken with broccoli and noodles) Only 1 carb total all from fiber, No fat, No protein 6 calories for 1/3 of a package. I LOVED THEM! Just wanted to share in case someone wanted to do something asian, a noodle dish, salad, or soup.

http://www.kelpnoodles.com/index.html

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/index.html
Old 05-26-2010, 02:27 AM   #204  

TO SHOWGIRLAZ I see the Kelp Noodles are available at Whole Foods. What is the price per 12 oz package b/c I sure don't need to buy a case from Sea Tangle Noodle Factory. Also, did you happen to see these kelp noodles at Sprouts? WHOLE FOODS is listed as a retailer but not Sprouts.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:32 AM   #205  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
TO SHOWGIRLAZ I see the Kelp Noodles are available at Whole Foods. What is the price per 12 oz package b/c I sure don't need to buy a case from Sea Tangle Noodle Factory. Also, did you happen to see these kelp noodles at Sprouts? WHOLE FOODS is listed as a retailer but not Sprouts.
No. I only saw them at whole foods. They were on sale last week 2/$5.00us I didn't notice the regular price.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:51 AM   #206  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Showgirlaz,
how many grams of fat, carbs and protein are allowed in phase one? Of course it may depend on do you have 50 or 100 pounds to lose but from what i have gathered, that really isn't the case. So, what is the answer?
I think IP approaches it a bit differently. If you eat all your assigned packets, you are getting 300 calories and about 45-60 grams of protein. Your whole protein dinner is 300-500 calories and maybe another 15-20 grams of protein. Since you have to stay under 40 carbs a day, and right around 900-1000 calories, the "gap" left to fill is kind of up to us to manage (or that is my take on it). So it's not so much about "limits" I think as it is about finding the right balance each day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfancy View Post
I've lost 8 lbs. in my first 10 days- however today I had to have a few more carbs. I was unable to really think at work - anyone had this happen? I felt terrible, even after a lunch with a big salad. It is good to be too perfect? If you can't function, what to do?
This sounds to me like a fat deficiency, not a carb problem. Are you taking omegas? if so, I would say take one in the morning and one at lunch. And maybe you need 2 at lunch for awhile. And/or be sure you are getting some olive oil (or other oil) in your lunch. Our coaches have varying opinions but you should be having at least 2 teaspoons of olive oil a day (and my coach says up to 2 Tablespoons, but I think that is too much). So be sure you are spreading that out across the day too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I know several people have tried the miracle noodles (shirataki noodles). I found mine at sprouts and whole foods and really enjoyed them. BUT, the other day I found KELP noodles. Has anyone else found these? THEY were good! Tasteless in general.
re: the kelp noodles: any fishy/salty/seaweedy flavor or are they truly tasteless (I hate the flavor of seaweeds!)

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on the shiritake noodles, as I have been eyeing them for awhile. What do you eat them with?

Had my shrink check today: down another 2.7 pounds and lots of inches. Gotta love this IP thing!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:07 AM   #207  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Default Thanks - very helpful!

[QUOTE=Rocky Monarch;3308445]I think IP approaches it a bit differently. If you eat all your assigned packets, you are getting 300 calories and about 45-60 grams of protein. Your whole protein dinner is 300-500 calories and maybe another 15-20 grams of protein. Since you have to stay under 40 carbs a day, and right around 900-1000 calories, the "gap" left to fill is kind of up to us to manage (or that is my take on it). So it's not so much about "limits" I think as it is about finding the right balance each day
Old 05-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfancy View Post
I've lost 8 lbs. in my first 10 days- however today I had to have a few more carbs. I was unable to really think at work - anyone had this happen? I felt terrible, even after a lunch with a big salad. It is good to be too perfect? If you can't function, what to do?
Yes, I have had that happen too. Carbs are definitely brain food.

Quote:
Question.. frozen veggies, do you measure 2 cups before or after you cook the? It seems alot less after but I don't want to over eat the veggies either.
Definitely before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey Bev - I could be totally wrong, maybe your coach has the newest phase 3 sheet...can you post it as a pdf so I can check in to it with my coach? if not, no worries!
Hi, Jordanna, I wish I knew how. I am definitely technologically challenged. I scanned it into my computer, but I don't know what to do from there. Maybe I could get my husband to help me late tonight when he gets home from work. He doesn't really teach me how. He just takes over. That's my problem.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:24 AM   #209  

Height: 5'8"

WI #5, down 3.2 lbs and 7 inches! Maybe I can lose 2 more by this weekend to make my mini-goal?.....we shall see

160's here I come for ya!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-26-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Hey everybody! I am back after a long hiatus from the boards!! Still on Ideal Protein, but life just has a way of getting in the way of me getting on here in one way or another!
Just curious if anyone has heard of the Bariatrix Nutrition Inc. They offer a similar product that is equivelant to IP. A local chiro is offering this in his clinic. Is cheaper, has less sugar count, less carbs, more protein etc etc.
Any thoughts or idea's?
*posting this on the alternate boards too!
Welcome back !!

I have never heard of Bariatrix Nutrition but have sent them an email asking where I can purchase the products in Ontario.
Closed Thread