General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 09:02 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi,
Yes, I also get ravenous cravings and actual hunger pangs constantly at TOM-usually the day before and the first day of it...the cravings are for bad stuff, usually salty stuff and chocolate, but I actually get hunger pangs an hour after I have eaten!
Alibee-aren't those muffins awful? They are so unhealthy for you, but so good...Have you tried the blueberry muffin mix in the store with the real blueberries, that is lower fat/calories? I can't remember if it is Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines or what, but one of them is fake blueberries, and one of them says real blueberries on the box...THAT is the good one.
I had to order a second box of Bakers Breakfast cookie today, I ordered 2 dozen this time, and I will freeze half...I am totally addicted to them now.
My mom came up with my stepdad yesterday, and we sent him golfing while we yakked and played with the kids.
Today is cardio day...and to be honest I don't really want to do it...but I am going to make myself,I will feel much better afterwards!
My mom offered to take the kids for a night this weekend (yay!) and I am hoping while we are down at my mom's dropping them off, I can talk him into taking me to see Red Dragon at the nearby theatre for a "date."
Well, I better go for now...I need to eat breakfast before I am so ravenous I eat bad for me things, and I need to get the kids dressed...
Aphil
Old 10-01-2002, 09:17 AM   #137  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning everyone! And Happy October! Wow, can't believe it's October already.

I'm also not wanting to do my aerobic work-out today, but as soon as I finish posting this, I will. It's only 9:00 am so once I'm done at 9:40 or so I will be GLAD it's done for the day and I can have fun! Or at least do things I have to do, but with a clear conscience!

Hope everyone had a great, "in-control" day!

Holly
Old 10-01-2002, 02:18 PM   #138  

Good morning Chickies..

I am just back from my doctor appt. Tomorrow I have to go and have some blood drawn. Its just the usual, no big deal. every 4 months I have to get my thyroid levels tested. I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis. I am sure I will need my medication adjusted. I can always tell when it needs it.
Tomorrow is also WW and maybe a vial or two of blood removed may help me at the scale....

I am doing great on program, still trying some new recipes. Tonight I think I will make one of the WW Taco Soup recipes that I have. I am a sucker for anything Mexican! (ok, except Tequila, had one too many Margiritas once)

I think I will also make a crustless pumpkin pie. Add a little low fat cool whip and oh so good.....!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day filled with lots of smiles and good happy thoughts.....
see ya later!

Nancy
Old 10-01-2002, 02:32 PM   #139  
a little eccentric! :)

Location: Wisconsin, but longing to go home to California soon!

Snowey, you're mean, bragging about all the yumminess you're making. Can I come over?

Hey, speaking of thyroid stuff, I have that too! Mine was self-resolving hyperthyroidism. Unfortunately, a side-effect is that I now get dizzy and motion-sick just from looking at people spin. Yick.

As for me, today is going much better than yesterday. I brought extra apples and rice cakes to work after an emergency run to the grocery last night so each time my tummy tells me it wants something, I've got a salty piece of styrofoam to munch! Good thing I like styrofoam Then, someone gave everyone on my project team a Big Kat. So, I ate half, with no guilt. After all, anything is better than yesterday's muffin fiasco. (Followed up by Chinese food, I might add. I am going to be a miserable pregnant woman. Hee hee.)

I hope y'all are doing well!
Old 10-01-2002, 03:51 PM   #140  

Hi,
I am like so extremely tired today for some reason...
I am at odds with my mother in law again, so to speak.
She asked me to help her with redoing her bathroom, and she doesn't really like anything I suggest. I am trying ot suggest things I think she would like, and I even asked her her 4 favorite colors, and what 2 colors she absolutely hated, so I could keep that in mind.
She likes pretty much only country styled decorating, and while my house is pretty contemporary, I can deal with, and even enjoy decorating in that style. Here is the problem-she likes pastels. While this is fine, I am trying to get it into her head that some pastels are much better as accent colors to use in throw pillows and wall border, rather than painted all over the walls. (Example-the Pepto Bismol colored spare bedroom she has upstairs)
The room she wants me to redo is also a half bath, so it has only a toilet and sink-so I told her it is very important that the room be pulled together with coordinating things, as we don't have the option to do that with a shower curtain like a big bathroom.
The country prints she likes are the ones that were popular more than a few years ago, like country blue hearts, geese, you all know what I mean. Cute, but hard to find the stuff to do it with now.
She is also afraid of dark colors in rooms because of making the room look smaller. I can see painting the walls with it, but she is afraid to use it in accents also, like the border or trash can, or anything.
So...I am having fewer and fewer things to work with. I asked her to trust me, and she said it depended on how "wild" I got. I wouldn't really consider anything in my house wild, except my kid's rooms-but they are KIDS! (and not "wild", like have stencils painted on my daughter's walls of stars in baby blues and mint greens-her room is Pottery Barn styled moons and stars)
AAAHH!! I could understand more if I was just butting in while SHE was decorating, but she has asked me repeatedly for help in that department...I think she is just afraid to try anything new.
Oh well...
How is everyone's exercising going? I am having my birthday the 30th, and my mother is going to order me some new exercise videos...MooHooHahahahaha...(Evil scientist turned Tweety Bird Big and Bad laugh)
I am going through the collage video site to see what I want! woohoo!
It will be nice to have a few more in my collection. Well, I better jump off here, I need to get a few things done before Jason gets home...and all of those recipes sound great! Can you put that crustless pumpkin pie recipe up here with the nutrition info? thanks a bunch!
Aphil
Old 10-01-2002, 06:25 PM   #141  

Amy~~ I dont know all the nutrional info for the pie, just the WW points. Ill see if I can find it somewhere for you.
I hope your day is going better and MIL is not driving you too crazy.

Alison~~ I love styrofoam also,, have you tried the tomato basil flavor??

CRUSTLESS PUMPKIN PIE

1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
1 can evaporated skim milk (12 oz)
3/4 cup egg substitute (or 3 egg whites)
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 C. Splenda (or sugar) or to taste

Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.

Pour into a 9" sprayed pie pan

Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, and then at 325 for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Serves 8
Whole Pie: 8 points (or ONE pt. for 1/8 pie)

Ciao for now...

Nancy
Old 10-01-2002, 10:25 PM   #142  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Late at night for me, one last check-in!

Nancy, thanks for the pie recipe! Looks great...
Love the buzzing dragonfly at your name! How did you do that?, you whiz kid?

Amy, what a drag that you were asked for your help/opinion, and now aren't allowed to follow through! I hope it isn't too much of a drag to do. Did you get to see the movie Red Dragon? or was that for another night?..I'm readin the book right now. Thomas Harris is a great author, but he doesn't give anything easily...you really have to read between the lines to get what is going on...

Alison, I love flavored styrofoam too! with a diet soda it's a treat for me. I like cheesy-like-flavored ones.

Hello to everyone else and sweet dreams!

Your friend, Holly
Old 10-02-2002, 09:04 AM   #143  

Happy Wednesday all....

The rain is just coming down here in sheets!!!! It woke me at 4 am and I havent been able to go back to sleep. So my day has certainly started early.

Not much planned for today, go to hospital in about an hour for my lab work, then to WW at noon and then back home to prepare dinner. The FIL is coming for dinner I am making baked beef stew. Nice hearty food for a cold, miserable rainy day like this!

Well off to hit the shower, have a great day everyone. Ill let you know how WW goes this afternoon. Keeping fingers crossed!!!

Nancy

ps..Holly, the little dragonfly is one of the smilies that is on here!
Old 10-02-2002, 09:25 AM   #144  

Hi,
VermontMom/Holly-I read Red Dragon right around the time Silence of the Lambs came out...it had been made into an older 80's movie called Manhunter which was awful...from the previews, I am hoping they stay with Thomas Harris' vision on this one-it is looking like they did. He is such a great author-Silence was a fabulous movie, bu it just doesn't get any better than the books. I was really dissapointed with the Hannibal movie-they changed the entire ending of the movie, made the pig man look like a victim, when he was the sickest of them all, and had no mention of the bodybuilding sister, or Hannibal's baby sister Mischa...all which added so much more to the plot. Thomas really sold out to let them change his book into that crappy screenplay...I hope with this one he redeems himself. I am probably going to see it this weekend...
Well ladies, I have guilt tripped my husband into taking me to the Renaissance faire in a couple weeks for our anniversary-...and ended up with two nights in a hotel, the night before and after, instead of one! Boy, do I know how to work him.... He really didn't want to drive the 5 hours there and back...but a little "if we don't do that, then it's up to you what we do, I don't care" in a really nice voice with a touch of childlike disappointment did it... Boy he would be mad if he knew I played him...he he he
That recipe sounds great...I can figure out the points from the ingredients packaging-and egg whites are 15 calories, no fat, no fiber, if that helps anyone.
Have a good day everyone!
Aphil
Old 10-02-2002, 11:19 PM   #145  

Holly ~~~ I just noticed your new avitar!!!! Great Pic for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking Good Girl !

Well gessh,,, I guess I did not have enough blood taken this morning as the scale at WW today showed me down only 1/4 of a pound. I have been 100%OP so I know that it just has to be that TOM coming up. After staying the same last week and only lose a smiggon this week I will still forge ahead!!!!

I bought a new cook book at the meeting today , its recipes for 2 people. Has some good lookin ones that Ill be trying soon.

Oh by the way, the WW Baked Stew was a hit with my FIL. I sent some home for him to have for lunch tomorrow..
FIL gave my husband and I $100.00 each for our birthdays. Bruces is Friday and mine is next Wednesday.
That was very nice of him. Oh maybe Ill buy more WW cookbooks with mine !!!

Well where is everyone today?? Come on and say hello....

See you all later!
Keep smiling

Nancy

Last edited by Snowey; 10-02-2002 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:35 PM   #146  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default Almost the weekend? (Being positive!)

Hey everyone! Stay away from the site for more than a couple of days and I have some reading to do during my lunch!

I have had a good week so far. Today for no real reason I could have eaten ALL the cookies in the work kitchen. I had one and then ate my lunch early. I am still munchy so I went to Subway to get a veggie salad with no cheese. Now there is something crucnchy near the computer for the afternoon! Thank goodness Subway is down the street!

Hang in there Snowey! you are on plan and that is what matters. I have not lost much (about a pound) each week since my first week with WW. Slow and steady! Do you like the leader? The one I have is fantastic. I am taking in my exercise and food diary on Saturday so she can see where I need work. I think I need to invest in the points book and eating out guide. They also have a pretty awesome CD rom that I am eyeing up and down. It is $100 though. Thanks for the pumpkin pie recipe. I am going to have a Canadian Thanksgiving here in Aus this year. I really miss the comfort food and the family atmosphere.

Holly - - I love the motorbike photo! It is an empowering feeling being on two wheels... I crave the weekend rides! I understand about cold hands. We rode in the rain on the weekend and I have not been that cold since I lived in Canada! My friend has heated handgrips on her Ducati. Her boyfriend bought them for her birthday after they went on a trip from Melbourne to Brisbane and back. Talk about true love! I don't know if they make them for specific bikes, I know Ducati and BMW have them.

aphil - I read Hanibal and Silence. Have not watched Hanibal the movie. Hubby hates those kind and I can't seem to kick him out of the house to so I can watch it. I borrowed Red Dragon to read next. I am finishing up book 3 of the Lord of the Rings. I really enjoyed the trilogy. A bit different than what I usually read. Can't wait for the movie to come out for part 2!! In-law's are funny people. I want to do a 'parent' exchange with mine..... his folks are loony as and mine seem normal... funny how 4 years ago mine drove me up the wall!! Must be a new comparison or something!

Alibee - I can relate to the constant eating! I am feeling that way today!! ARRRGH

Well... I hope everyone else is doing great, staying on plan, feeling healthy, getting exercise and doing all those good things! Talk to you all soon!
Old 10-03-2002, 08:53 AM   #147  

Hi everyone!
Holly-I noticed your new avatar right after I posted yesterday-Lookin good girl!
Nancy-Happy early birthday! Mine is October 30...and my mother had a planned ceserean with me, and had her choice whether or not to have me the 30th, or Halloween-I have asked her over and over why she didn't wait a day! Halloween is still my fave holiday! My mom always gives me $100 also...and I am also planning to get some fitness things-some videos and maybe a yoga sticky mat, or somthing along those lines.
Have you checked out any of the recipes on line? There is a site called www.recipe.com, and they have about anything you would want, as well as listings under holiday cooking, light cooking, etc.
Nancy/Kanola-I totally relate to the slow weight loss-so along with measuring pounds on the scale, I have taken measurements with a seamstress tape of my body parts-bust (around fullest part), waist, hips (fullest part), upper arm, and mid-thigh. I wrote them all down and will measure once each month on the same day-even though there hasn't been much poundage loss, I know my muscle tone is increasing-it is unapparent on most of my body because of the extra weight still there, but I can clearly see definition in my shoulders, and in my biceps area. Do not be discouraged-the same thing happened when I did this after Jasmine...I kept it up, and while I had lost a few pounds and was working out daily, noone really noticed, and then all of a sudden some more came off, and when it did, the muscle tone started showing through-and all of a sudden everyone was asking me what I was doing... So, I am hanging in there, too!
I bought Kashi's newer cereal last night-Cinna Raisin Crunch. It is alright, but I still like the Kashi GoLean Crunch the best, and Good Friends probably second best. I'll eat it, though.
Today is cardio day...I am debating on whether to walk outside, or to do a video...either way, it needs to get done.
Well, better go ladies-have a wonderful day-we can do this!
Aphil
Old 10-04-2002, 12:29 AM   #148  

Thanks for the early birthday wishes Amy, and a early Happy Birthday to you also!!

I really need to take my measurements . As I felt so different this week I was sure that had lost more then 1/4 of a pound.

Pretty slow thread here today....where is everyone???

Night all...
and have a Happy Friday...

Nancy
Old 10-04-2002, 11:38 PM   #149  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Hi!! Just a quick post after the WW meeting. Only down 0.3 Kilos or about 3/4 lb. Arrgghh. Down is better than up and tomorrow morning I will take some measurements. Hubby and I are going to the gym soon which is good.

In today's meeting, everyone had to share an idea that they had for when they meet their 'goal' weight. Around the room came answers like new sexy black dress, bikini, office clothes, jeans, etc. and then I tell everyone how I want to spend $2000 and get a custom set of racing leathers made... ones that fit you PERFECT!

Anyways, off to the gym to sweat some of this fat off of me!

Hope everyone is having a good day!!

Old 10-05-2002, 08:38 AM   #150  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Talking Almost forgot!

I added a journal. It is pretty boring, mostly my honest revelation of what actually is going into the tummy and what I am doing for exercise.

This is to keep me honest. Seems that if I have to write it down, I think twice about eating it.... now if I have to post that I had a biscuit (cookie) every day, and I have to POST it... well, that is enough to make me run into the kitchen at work, quickly make my herbal tea and run out screaming with fear!!

Ok girls, it is almost 11 pm here, I am getting up at 7 am (on a Sunday, shocking !!) to go for a ride on the 'new to us' bike with 2 friends. We are heading into the 'mountains' in search of a quiet country reception place for them to get married. I wonder what they will think of my 'biker' friends?? hehehehehe Considering they are typical yuppies during the week and total petrol heads on the weekend!!

And I am just the tagging along with them!!

Ya right!!

Have a good day everyone! Stay on plan!

Closed Thread