General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 09:34 PM   #241  

Good evening every one....

I had written a long post yesterday on my way out the door to work and where the **** it went Ill never know. No doubt out in cyberspace. So here is the scoop from yesterday....

Ok , everyone knows that I am OP 100 % right,,,well what happens yesterday at WW??? I gained a friggin pound.. what is up with that????? Could it be because I was way under my point range??? My normal point range for daily is 22 to 27 points. So for the week I am allowed 189 points. Well this past week, my total weekly points were 163, I was under by 26 points. I just did not feel like eating(Crazy eh?) But anyway,, it could be a number of reasons that I am showing a pound up....water retention(TOM coming soon I think ) or because I made a WW Taco Soup recipe and it has a lot of sodium in it. Or maybe it was the lady standing behind me at the scales playing mean tricks and sticking her foot on the scale also!!!!(Ill get even with her next week) But what ever the reason was for my gain, I know that is was not because I cheated on my plan at all.
So I will continue to march on and I will succeed!!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well also!

Welcome Little Chick ~~ glad to have you join us, we are a fun group of ladies from all over the place. You are sure to like it here!!!!

Aphil ~~ Your exercising is sure paying off!! I bet you felt wonderful putting on those jeans. Way to go!!!

Jacklyn ~~ Your little poem you made me laugh. Good to see you posting.

Nola I love the thought for the day your posted in your journal...how true that is..

Hello to the rest of the gang also..... Im outta here for now.....
Hubby has my grilled chicken and steamed cauliflower and carrots ready for me.....what a sweetie....!!!

have a great night everyone....keep smiling

Nancy
198.8/190.8/150ish....sometime this century!!!

See everyone later....
Old 10-25-2002, 12:34 AM   #242  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Unhappy Tornado hit right outside my office

Hi everyone. I have been so busy which is no excuse for my absence. But don't think I don't think of you often and constantly you all are in my thoughts keeping me on the right path and far away from the fast food...my pitfall. But today was something a bit hectic and I have to admit I did stress eat. I will tell you why and then stop there because it will be way too long of a post.

If you have seen the news it may have mentioned a tornado creating chaos in Texas. Actually it hit right outside the office that I work at on the College campus. I had heard the weather was getting bad so I figured I would call it a day and go pick up the kids and get home. Just as i was walking out at about 2:35pm I saw some other college workers standing outside looking up to the sky. The rain had started in really hard and the winds had picked up strongly. As I looked up I could see the image of Twister happening right before my eyes. The wind was moving in a circular motion with some debree. All of a sudden I hear a voice yell ''Every one inside head to the back of the building away from the windows!'' So as we were running in the door did not just close immediatley because the winds gushed through the breezeway pulling on the door. As we were watching our ears popped in such a way that caused us to clencth at them. The lights went out and the alarms started to go off. The wildness had passed. We went out to see the devestation cars that had been directly in the path of the tornado had all their windows busted out. An 18 wheeler that is used for the truck driving students had been pushed over on their sides. The library wall had been directly hit and was bashed in where a class was in session the debree fell on a teacher, that later died. A few students from that class had some injuries. Sever portable classrooms were demolished...luckily the students had left early for a field trip otherwise there would have been about 45 students in those classrooms. The student center across from our office had many windows shattered to peices. On the campus I work we have student training for firefighters, police, paramedics, Physical therapy, Occupational therapy, mechanics, welding, cosmetology and a few others I didn't mention. All in all I think we were in good hands and unfortunately all that with just one fatality...a Math instructor Mr. Gillis.

I wanted to give you as much info as possible. A friend took some pics. I'll see if I can get some scanned to share. Enough said. I will talk to you all later.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:49 AM   #243  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Angry

Good morning to all, I woke up feeling stressed out and that I didn't think I would ever make it through the week-end.I got one daughter competing in dance competion all week-end which requires me to run with her, and my other daughter who has to be a guide camp, I have nothing ready for either girl. I need to do bed rolls and costumes bags packed etc..... Then I read about Kina's day yesterday and boys does that put things in perspective, I am sorry that you had to go through that. Here in little old New Brunswick we don't have to many toronado or hurricanes, so to hear from someone that was right in the middle of it is really mind spinning. So I will start off my day with a healthy breakfast and a big glass of water, and be thankful.
Snowey- don't fret about gaining a pound you will do great next week just keep up the good work. It will pay off in the end.
Well fellow chicks have a great day and I will check in with ya all later.

Old 10-25-2002, 09:29 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

It's crazy banana time!
199!!!!!! My weight officially starts with a 1!

Kina, I am sorry you had such a hard time yesterday-but I can totally relate. I live in Indiana, and we have a few tornados around here. Even if you are not in the direct path it can be very scary. About 2 years ago we had a funnel cloud forming directly over our apartment complex-I was so scared it was going to touch down right on top of us. Luckily for us, it went east, and touched down in the city next to us. It was really scary to see nature working like tht so closely, though. I hope all of your friends and you are alright, and I am sorry to hear about the teacher.
Snowey-my weight has stayed the same for three weeks until now, but I was able to put on a pair of jeans that did not fit three weeks ago-so don't use the scale as your only measurement. Take a pair of pants, or take measurements of your bust, hips, and waist-or if you have access to a body fat caliper, check your body fat percentage. This is one thing I really need to do-as I know with all my exercise it has gone down, even if the scale didn't budge for a while. The scale can only show us the total pounds, but it can't say-"By the way, you have lost one pound of fat and replaced it with a pound of muscle-so your weight is the same, but you are much more fit." It WOULD be nice if they could though.
I cannot deny the good immediate gratification of the scale however, and the 199 this morning has me really motivated to work harder on my abs. I have even got a few patterns for some bellydance items I am going to make myself to wear at home for practice-(while you can dance in leotards or sweats, it is much more satisfying if you are wearing something nicer.) For doing it at home, I am going to make a pair of low rise harem pants, probably in black, and a choli-which is the lycra fitting long sleeved half top some dancers wear. I just need to do some fabric searching. When I get a bit smaller-I plan on making a fancy fringed hip belt with tassels and coins and stuff on it...and maybe getting a sexy little anklet with bells. Those can be my rewards for hitting a lower weight or size.
My exercise went well yesterday, I did 20 minutes of country line dancing-I am not really a big country fan, but I do like the dancing-and have I ever mentioned my father in law is the head of a clogging and square dancing troupe? They dance at lots of street fairs and events. He is really good.
I also did a small amount of bellydance-working on mastering a few moves I am not as good at. Practice makes perfect! And, I took a small stroll all the way around our cul-de-sac, which equals about a city block. So-altogether it was about 45 min. of cardio.
Well, it is almost 9 and I have not even had breakfast yet, so I better get going-lots to do!
Aphil
Old 10-25-2002, 12:23 PM   #245  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Thank you. I have to say in South Texas we NEVER get tornados. Atleast not in my lifetime. I have never seen one or been in one. It was the worst feeling. After it was all done my stomach was in knots that I cannot even describe. I was feeling like I wanted to puke but I kept pulling my thoughts away from the feelings of being out of control. I just kept thinking of how grateful we all should be and how our Angels had their wings around us all that time. Because had I left without paying attention I would had been walking to my van as the tornado was creeping through the campus...right behind me.

So needless to say I have been a bit shaken up since the whole thing happened. I can't seem to get msyelf going this morning. I have to get things together for our boys birthday party tomorrow. AAaaaargh!!!!! Pardon my need for a good scream. Okay I just need to jump in the shower, take a good deep cleansing breath, and take it one step at a time.

I better run and follow the path of the wind otherwise the dust will soon cover me and no one will ever know that I was there. That sounds funny but true.
Kina
Old 10-26-2002, 05:31 AM   #246  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default G'day!

Hi to everyone!

Especially Little Chick! You will love this group of motivators!!

This week I maintained at WW... not a gain, not a loss. Nancy, like you I was 100% on plan. Oh well, must be that 10 lb plateau or something. I did a fair amount of exercise too!

Kina - torando's are scarey. There have been 4 large ones in my lifetime in Canada where I lived and they were awful. Good to hear you were not hurt and got through it ok.

Aphil - you rock!! Keep up the great work!

Well, we did the practice run of the fundraiser ride today. It is a fantastic route, and will be doing that ride again. Very twisty roads through some spectacular country. I loved it! One of the women in the club commented on my riding, saying she noticed a huge improvement with the different motorbike. It was good to hear! I am feeling better out there on the road so it was nice to hear a compliment, especially after the first no loss week! GRRR.

Well... hope everyone is having a good weekend and staying out of trouble! I will let you know how our ride goes tomorrow!

Hoping the stays away!!

Nola.
Old 10-26-2002, 11:15 AM   #247  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi everyone and welsome to all the newcomers.

I have to say this thread has been a great tool to my success whether it be big or small it's certainly better than being 225 that I used to be. This morning I am down to 192.5 or 192 so that means I see the horizon of the 80s. The view is so beautiful. You guys my big goal is to be at 150 by April (which happens to be my birthday month). That means I would have to lose about 7.5 lbs a months. The stress starts to creep in. But you know what I am not going to think of the stress I am just going to think of the path I must take and the choices I must make to get where I want to be. I am going to get darn close if nothing else. So this will be my affirmation from here to April.

Kanola~~~sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I don't know if you frequent Harley Davidson stores...but they just opened a humongous one here nearby where I live. I haven't been in it but it just so beautiful from the outside.

Aphil~~~I sure wish I could find bellydancing here in the local area. I wonder did you seem to lose more weight or gain more tone when you started belly dancing. I would guess doing those stomach moves is equivalent to doing situps or stomach crunches.

Little Chick~~~It is always good to have a positive attitude no matter what your day may bring. Life alone is a joy rain or shine. The simple fact that you have been given another day to rise with sun and share in the enjoyment but also busy schedule of your girls is always something to have a smile on your face. I tend to stress alot to but I take a deep deep breath and just think of why I am stressing and figure there is probably somebody out there that unfortunately doesn't have the gift of stressing because they have no family. I know when I was going through the tornado I started calling my family and this lady (I don't get along with very well she has major mood swings) she makes the comment "I don't have any one to call that would be worried about me." I felt like asking her if she wanted to call my grandma. But this lady is so mean to me so I changed my mind and let someone else use my phone that had asked to use it. But you have lots to be thankful for especially that stress that you often come across. I know you know this but sometimes I need to hear it too. hugs to you.

Snowey~~~the weight will come off once TOM has left the building. I have noticed that I retain a whole lot of water during that time so I have to start packing it in a week early and that seems to help a whole lot. Well see when you started your WW you and I were about the same weight and here I am struggling with 192 and you are about to see the 80s. WOW So see you are doing marvelous. Keep up the great job. I will continue to be right behind you. You just clear the path for me and I shall stroll in and make an entrance. LOL

Well I better get going. Today is the celebration party for our boys. PIZZA...OMG and cake. a double whammy.

Talk again. bye.
Kina

Last edited by Kina; 10-26-2002 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-26-2002, 04:43 PM   #248  

Hi!
Kina-We do not have any local bellydancing classes in our area, so through some instructors I have found online-they have guided me as far as the best videos to use to learn. If you or anyone are interested in trying it out, I would be more than happy to give you some recommendations. There are a few teachers in the state-I am hoping to get one of them to do a private lesson now and then for me, say, twice a year or so-just to have more one on one attention.
The movements in the dance can be slow or fast, depending on the song-but the dance burns calories so it helps you lose weight, but can also tone. For example-ballet strengthens mostly your thighs and buns-and bellydancing also has some toning benefits for certain body parts. The arm positions and movements can make for strong toned shoulders, and the movement coming from the belly/waist/ribcage area mostly tones up and strengthens the lower back muscles, and the sides of the abs (obliques), and all of the hip movements really work your thighs and hips. I still do targeted movements for my abs and obliques, because of my two babies-I NEED IT-but now also I really would like them to be a lot more toned so my tummy isolations and belly rolls will look better.
Ya know-it may sound goofy, but I have actually thought of maybe applying for like a "bellygram" type job when I get to my goal weight, and my dance skills are perfected...
Well, I better go-my son is awake from his nap! Have a good day ladies!
Aphil

Last edited by aphil; 10-26-2002 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 01:23 PM   #249  
a little eccentric! :)

Location: Wisconsin, but longing to go home to California soon!

Hey all, I'm BACK!
I was in California for a week, and oh boy, did I fall back into old patterns. I now realize that my dad and mom are the main reasons why I eat so poorly -- for example, on Sunday, my dad insisted that we go out to brunch before my bf and I left, and he made us go to a buffet that had nothing a la carte because... well, he HAS to go to buffets, I guess. And of course, since it was $32 a plate, I felt obliged to eat as much as possible. And even worse, there was cheesecake...

Anyway, now I'm back in the land of the cold, and all excited to get back on track. I hope you all are well -- lots of posts while I was gone! Hi to all the newbies!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:52 AM   #250  

$32 a plate for buffet?!!!!! Did your dad crash somebody's wedding? ha ha ha
Aphil
Old 10-29-2002, 09:18 PM   #251  

Hello Everyone...

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days.. but I have been so busy and so tired!!!!

My little part time job seems to be turning into a full time stress inducer....

Other then that, things are going well. Have WW tomorrow and hoping for a good weigh in.. even though TOM has not arrived yet.. so who knows!!

I hope everyone is doing just wonderful and being on OP, remember the holidays are approaching fast and it is so easy to say to yourself "Oh Ill just lose weight after the holidays"
dont wait till then, do it now you will be so happy you did..

See you tomorrow!
Take care everyone

Nancy
Old 10-29-2002, 11:32 PM   #252  

Dude, can we start a new thread already?

I just wanted to say that I worked out for the second time in 2 weeks (the first time was in a hotel on Thursday... does that count?) and OY, I'm all shaky. I love that.

Also, I'm writing a romance novel for national novel writing month! (www.nanowrimo.org) Hee hee, writing sex scenes is going to be interesting.

Anyway, just checking in. Watch out for halloween candy.

a
Old 10-30-2002, 09:23 AM   #253  

Mornin' everyone!
Aye-how am I supposed to take a 4 year old trick or treating when it is so darn cold! It didn't stick, but we had snow yesterday for a few hours!!!!!
I need to get my cauldron out of storage...yes-I have a cauldron. I also have a real crystal ball...don't ask. ha ha
I went over a little bit yesterday-but not enought to cause any gain or anything-more of "maintenance calorie eating-1900. I was starving ALL day long!
Today is strength training day-and it is also my birthday! I am 27 now...
APhil
Old 10-30-2002, 10:46 AM   #254  

Happy birthday, Aphil!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 12:25 PM   #255  

Happy Birthday, Aphil! What a wonderful gift you are giving yourself--the gift of health!!
I've been reading, but not doing a lot of posting. I tend to read in little 'snippets' when I've got a free 30 seconds! Life continues to be hectic. I've already decided I will only do this other job for this year. Working two jobs is not for me. I went to the library with DH last night and had to admit that I don't have time to read for pleasure and that makes me sad. Sometimes the money just isn't worth it. I will stick it out for a year.
My maintenance is going well. THe scale fluctuates 3-4 pounds, even on a daily basis, but I just have to get used to that. I am going to post a calendar in the bathroom and start to chart my weight.
I'm glad Nancy has us all thinking about the holidays. When I wasn't OP, it used to be one long holiday--Halloweenthanksgivingchristmas. Just remember--it's really only three days! I have made up my mind (as I must continue to renew my committment) that I will not eat any Halloween candy. Then, at THanksgiving, I will renew my committment not to overeat.
I have encountered a new situation--people telling me I am TOO thin. I am not too thin--I weigh 147 pounds and I am 5ft7in. I try to just laugh it off, but people can be really obnoxious sometimes. I know a lot of it is jealousy, but any ideas??? Like I said, this is a NEW situation for me!
Well, I hope you're all having a good day. Even though I don't post often, you're all in my thoughts!!
Closed Thread