General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 06:05 AM   #31  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default :)

G'day everyone!

I was feeling a bit down today too..... not just 9/11 and what happened, but in a year that has past by way too fast. Seems life just keeps going faster and faster, not a single moment to spend in any kind of reflection. Hmm.... deep thoughts for a Thursday evening in Aussie land! It was good to come here and read everyone's comments. Cheered me up a lot. I really enjoyed Kina's outlook..... you go girl!!

I am still sticking to WW. I cheated today and had a small chocolate bar. No excuses, work had made me mad again, feeling down, the vending machine at the train station is just too convenient. I will have to work on catching the bus I think! Avoid those evil vending machines. I am hoping for a loss this first week. I am feeling much better and in control than I ever have, and even my small slip up of a 5 piece bar of dairy milk won't get me down. Instead of taking the short walk home, I made myself take the double long way. So I got extra walking in.

There is a motorbike expo this weekend and our club has a stand there. I am going to work it tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon. I have the first WW weigh in Saturday morning too. I already have a plan of attack to take my dinner with me and eat that at work before I go to the Bike event. Then pack my lunch and have my dinner prepared ready to bake when I get back home on Saturday. I also have to take the bike to the WW meeting..... that should make a good impression!!! All because Hubby is going to his physio appointment. We are a one car, one bike couple! Good thing he can drive again already!! hehehehe

Can't wait to take off the bike gear to get weighed tho!! That should be good for a laugh!!

I will try to pop on and let you know how I did.... and the reaction to the biker chick at the WW meeting. hehehe

Hope all of you have a good day..... and I will chat to you guys soon!!

Nola.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

(laughing at Alibee)

Nancy-I didn't say it before, but it is good that you changed your scale to be like the WW one-that is a reason I never weigh myself in someone elses home-because I know that mine will always be a pound or to off! Good to keep yours with the official one at your WW weigh ins!
Alibee-you have never felt it from a video before the next day? Have you ever done Tae Bo or the original version of Buns of Steel? OW!
By the way, Mists of Avalon was on last night, did you catch any of it?
I did bellydancing today, not much, and I am hoping to get a walk in tonight. It is payday and Wal-Mart night at our house, and we always go out to eat afterwards-usually my weekly fix of Taco Bell or KFC, which have my favorite lower calorie choices-chicken soft tacos at 190 calories each, and KFC tender roast sandwich at 270, and mashed potatoes and gravy for 120. Boy, it feels like cheating!
Have a good day everyone, I have to get the kids in the tub!
Aphil
Old 09-12-2002, 02:24 PM   #33  
a little eccentric! :)

Location: Wisconsin, but longing to go home to California soon!

Dear G-d,
It was cruel of you to allow someone to bring peanut butter chocolate rice krispie treats to work today and THEN let there be free cake in the lunchroom because of someone's retirement. Cruel, cruel, cruel.

-- Alison, who still has college-student mentality when "approached" by free food: EAT IT! It's FREE!

::sigh::
Old 09-12-2002, 04:37 PM   #34  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I was still laughing at alibee's guys running in terror from her muscular-ness, and then again at her honesty in admitting it is SO HARD to not eat someone's retirement/birthday/whatever cake that's just sitting there begging to be eaten...

Hope your muscle soreness goes away soon, alibee - but good for you in doing the harder workout!

Hi Kanola - yes, marking off a year can make one pensive. But we all met you and that was something positive and good!!Hope you have a great time at the bike show; and great decision to pack/plan your meals so you won't get tempted. Walk into the WW meeting in full gear; describe what the reaction is to us!

Hi aphil - hope you have a nice evening out! sounds good!

Hello Nancy, Kina, tryin'hard, jacklyn, Christine, ! Hope everyone's doing well and feeling happy.

Talk to you later!

Holly
Old 09-13-2002, 09:18 AM   #35  

Hi everyone!
Well, I haven't weighed in for a while because of the plateau, and I got brave enough to today-and the scale batteries were dead!!!! I put in a new one, and it still said low battery, so I dunno. I'll have Jason check it when he gets home. Wouldn't you know it? I have been waiting so long-because I wanted to make sure there was a loss-even if only a pound.
I went to my food diary this morning, and my husband the kidder-wrote in on today's page the price and item number of a Harley part he needs. Guess he wanted to put that little hint in a place he knew I'd find it huh? Well-since he gets something ordered for himself today-looks like a great day for me to order some breakfast cookies then-fair is fair right? hee hee hee
Well, I bought a small loaf of angel food cake last night-and I am bringing it to Jasmine's party tomorrow, so I can have cake with everyone else without all the calories of the regular.(150 calories and 2 grams fat) In the deli/bakery at Wal-Mart they have small loaves of it that has 5 servings, instead of the big tube pan full sized ones that have like 10-the less I buy, the less I have laying around to tempt me!
Here is another diet tip I find that helps-so many restaurants have salads-and good ones now with blackened chicken,etc. but their dressings are usually full fat/calorie versions. Some larger gas stations like Village Pantry and ones like that with salads and sandwiches in a little deli area, have little single packets of dressings, adn if you are lucky, some of them are fat-free versions! Buy a few of these, and keep one in your purse to use when you go out to restaurants-ordering their salad without dressing! Or you can ask fo r an extra in fast food places that have light dressings-Wendy's has french, and Burger King has Italian.
Here is another recipe:
Egg Drop soup: 2 servings
1 small can of chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce
a handful of chopped green onions
2 egg whites
Heat broth and soy sauce on stove until really hot-drop whites into pan a few drops at a time while stirring continously-they will cook almost instantly and the stirring will give you the little egg swirls. Pour into two bowls, and top with the green onions.
The green onions are like no calories-and egg whites are 15 calories each-the sauce and broth depend on what you get, but are very low. ENJOY!
Aphil
Old 09-13-2002, 10:29 AM   #36  

Hey, pretty ladies!

Aphil and VM, I'm glad I could make you guys laugh. I definitely learned something yesterday about self-control at work; I somehow convince myself that little things like cake and the rice krispie thing don't count, when they really do. I am going to have to have a lot more willpower, damnit.

I'm excited; I'm flying back to CA to surprise my mom (my dad already knows and is picking me up) by just showing up for the weekend! I am sure she will be thrilled. (She'd BETTER be! Hee hee.) This doesn't bode well for my workout schedule, but I decided that if I can get a half hour in on her elliptical trainer on Saturday, then I will be happy. Also, they eat low fat, but not low-cal... this will be decidedly difficult. I ordered vegetarian meals for the flights (usually I order kosher, but they always freeze the kosher stuff so it comes to you still half-frozen [they can't open the package to check because they need to keep it sealed to ensure it's kosherness], and it's usually really bland and tasteless, and eating veggie IS kosher, so...) but I have no idea what they serve. Knowing Northwest, it'll be something not very tasty. Hm. So, I'm bringing lotsa fruit with me.

Monday is Yom Kippur, a fasting day, and you aren't supposed to drink water either, so I am hoping that I'll have time Sunday (while flying) to eat lots of watery fruit and drink lots of water to get myself hydrated for the next day. I'm glad you only have to fast once a year in this religion... 'cause doing Ramadan would kill me.

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well and have a great weekend!

Alison
Old 09-13-2002, 02:00 PM   #37  

Good morning,,

Friday the 13th,, any one superstitious???
Going to dinner with friends tonight to a Greek Resturant. I have never eaten Greek food, so I have been searching the net for point friendly items. I think the Chicken Souvlaki will be a safe choice. But needless to say , Ii am saving all my points for dinner. I had a late breakfast of Cream of Wheat and a banana (4 points total and I am allowed 27 a day). So heres hoping that my first experiance with Greek Cuisine is a good one!

Amy~~ I hope your scale will be kind to you this week, I know you have been working hard and you deserve a great loss.
I like your tip about the salad dressing, Ill have to stock up on the little packets.

Alison~~ Have a great time in Sunny Ca. I bet you are so excited and I am sure you will do great with your food choices!

Kanola~~ I hope your first WW weigh in its a good one! How are you liking the program? I love it!

Holly, Tryinhard, Kina, and the rest the gang... I hope you are having a great day!!!

well gotta get busy!!!

Your friend
Nancy
Old 09-13-2002, 03:01 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowey
Going to dinner with friends tonight to a Greek Resturant. I have never eaten Greek food, so I have been searching the net for point friendly items.
I spent some time in Greece; there, they are big on salads and olives. Also, pastitsio (a noodle pie of sorts made of pasta, ground beef, a cheese topping, and a sauce that has cinnamon in it) and the similar moussaka (eggplant, ground beef, cheese and sauce) are delish, but very fattening. They have lots of grilled items usually... hopefully it won't be too difficult!

I'm jealous, though... can I come?
Old 09-13-2002, 09:07 PM   #39  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hello to every one out there. I am still here and living well. I joined this event at the college I attend, athletics dept. The event is called the 100 mile challenge upon completion you recieve a T-shirt. I have til December 11 to complete 100 miles or more in order to earn a T-shirt. My mom wants a shirt as well so that means I have to complete 200 miles. You do any sort of exercise that allows you to calculate mileage at your leisure and report weekly. So anyway I have been getting on my elliptical machine daily and doing 6 miles. I figured since I am having to do my exercise I might as well earn a shirt and hopefully lose some unwanted pounds.

I haven't seen the scale move but I am seeing it in my legs. I am just wondering if I will eventually see it anywhere else or am I just spinning my tires and hoping for something that won't come? If anybody has used this kind of machine and has had good or bad results I would like to hear about them. I have been able to maintain my weight under 200. So that is a great success for me being that I have not weighed less than 200 since 1999. This morning I weighed 195.5! Woohoo. If anything I think I may have lost 1 pound since using my elliptical daily.

well I am glad to see people on the thread. Snowey I hope you enjoyed your dinner. Alibee I hope you have a wonderful reunion with your family. Aphil that egg drop soup recipe sounds very easy to do. Vermontmom I am still here doing quite well now that I have been laid off from my evening job. I have more time to take a breath now and then.

Talk with you later. Bye to all.
Kina
Old 09-13-2002, 10:41 PM   #40  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default GREAT news!

Hi everyone!

The weigh in was a success!! 1.6 Kilos (3.2 pounds)! I am a very very happy little aussie over here!

I did take the bike as Tim needed the car to go to his physio appt. I got a few strange looks when I parked and even more when I walked in. It took a bit to get out of the gear and then put it all back on again. Took a LONG way home and got the extra km's off.

Last night at the Bike Expo was boring. Not many people were through but we ended up chatting with the two other clubs near our stand. It was Kewl. Must be going on some of their rides too! Our stand is right across from the food court!!! Good thing I had my healthy dinner at work and had water and fruit in the back pack!! Just off for a healthy lunch and then snacks again in the back pack for today's shift!! Then home for a nice dinner.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend......

Snowey... I love WW too!! Should have done this MONTHS ago!!

See ya!
Nola.
Old 09-14-2002, 02:44 PM   #41  

Happy Saturday everyone,

Well dinner last night was fine. I really played it safe and ate a kabob (it was 8, small to medium grilled shrimp) a baked potato, plain salad with lemon squeezed over it and about 2 tablespoons of Taziki dip with 2 small pieces of a pita bread. No desert and I drank diet pepsi. A friend had a huge piece of Baklava and even though it looked good , to eat a piece that size would be 11 points. So no way would I have any of that !!!! So all in all I came on way under on my points for the day.

Nola~~ Way to go on the big loss this week!! That earns you the little happy dancer Here is to another sucessful week for you!

Kina~~That is good news to hear that you can see the change in your legs, do you find the ET a little tough? I have heard that some people like it and soe find it to strenuoous. I hope you win the t -shirt for completing the 100 miles... but remember to have them give you a smaller size because that is what you will be wearing!!!!!!!!

Amy~~ How was the party today?

Alison~~ Having a good time with Mom and Dad?

Holly~~ How are you today? Any more comments from the envious co-workers?

Tryinhard~~ How is the new school year going??

Jacklyn~~ Are you still out there? Busy withyour home business? How is the FF coming along?? Come back when you can.

Well that is it for now.... have a great day everyone....

Nancy

Last edited by Snowey; 09-14-2002 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:05 PM   #42  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!

Wow, another Saturday over. Time sure flies when you've got tons to do!

Nancy - you made such good choices at the restaurant!!! That takes such willpower. Hooray for you!!! Nope, thank goodness no more "snarky" comments from co-workers. Maybe they're scared by the sticker I just put on my bike - "bad *ss girls ride bad *ss bikes"!

Kina, congrats on keeping on the elliptical! Especially when you can see results - that is sure to keep the motivation high. I have never been on one, but if it is making you sweat and breathe hard, then you are also doing good cardio work, and that is burning calories, along with the leg work. Glad that you have some evening time now, for yourself, your family and your home!

Hi Alison - what a nice idea to surprise your mom with a visit! That's very sweet of you.

Kanola - congrats on the loss!!! I'm glad that WW is working so well for you. Funny the different reactions we get when we pull up somewhere on a motorcycle, then get out of our gear and act like normal law-abiding citizens!

I think I entertained a group of gentlemen who gather outside a general store each morning to drink coffee and chat; I had to stop, on my way to work, to buy two big bags of potato chips that were to go with the lunch today (not MY lunch - guest's lunch! ) and it took me like 10 minutes of contemplation to decide how to attach bags of potato chips to the motorcycle without crushing the cr*p of of them! I think the men were snickering; I didn't mind, it WAS kinda funny. I ended up with 1 bag in my tank bag, and the other loosely bungied to the sissy bar! That one was only mildly crushed - oh well, the staff didn't mind them!

aphil - was your daughter's party today? How did it go? Fantastic, I'm sure! I also meant to comment how smart it was of you to think to bring some other, lighter sweet to eat instead of the regular birthday cake. And I am definitely going to try that soup, as I love egg drop soup in a Chinese restaurant!

Hi tryin'hard - hope you're doing fine, and enjoying your new "crop" of students this year!

hi Jacklyn - you're probably busy with your day job and home business - that's great!

Hello Christine - how are you feeling? Been able to do any mild walking? Hope things are going great for you and your (growing!) family.

Well, I gotta plan my menu for the next 3 days, as I have off Monday and Tuesday; but need to make desserts for those days I'm not there...so on to my recipe books to plan, but also try not to drool over the chocolate pictures...

Everyone have a nice Saturday evening!

Your friend, Holly

oh yeah! am planning a day trip to Montreal on Tuesday with husband - am hoping to finally get a pair of leather pants, as hopefully a great price!
Old 09-14-2002, 08:09 PM   #43  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default OH NO!!

Hey everyone!
I hope you are all having a great weekend!

We had a surprise bbq last night at our house!! It was totally not scheduled into the day's eating but I came in right on the points.

I helped that I was one of three bikes that got the groceries.... and we are limited to buying stuff that fits in our back packs! Instead of greasy sausages and burgers, I had prawns and some chicken skewers. Also had some grilled mushrooms and peppers and a small salad. Whew!! I was a bit worried when hubby invited a pile of people to our house after the bike expo!!

Made me realise that this is a change for LIFE.

Well... the sun is shining, my friend Nigel just showed up with his bike (his is the one we want to buy when he upgrades in Dec) and we are off into the country... I am packing a lunch instead of eating at the pub.

Enjoy your weekend!!

Nola.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:40 PM   #44  

Hi!
The party went great!
The greatest part was after we got everything decorated, and I took Jasmine upstairs up to my sis in law's bedroom to get ready, and I had her sit in front of the mirror while I did her hair in a Cinderella updo complete with headband.(I have my hairdresser's license also) I put a light pink blush and lip gloss-and then we went away from the mirror!
She was smiling at her hair and makeup, but she really couldn't see the rest, and when I fitted her for the dress, I never let her try everything on at once-so this would be the first time she would "be" Cinderella.( I was also talking to herwhile I dressed her so she would be focusing on me and not what I was doing) I put on her slippers, black neck ribbon, the satin gloves, and finally the dress-and then turned her to the mirror! All of the stress and late nights was totaly worth it when I saw her reaction and the expression on her face. Almost got teary eyed for a minute. She waltzed down the stairs just glowing, she was so happy. All through the party she kept coming up to me telling me she loved me-she is a very appreciative 4 year old!
I'll let you all know when I get pics back!
I have had the afternoon to myself-the kids will be back from the grandparents any minute, and my husband will be back from helping his father close up the camping lots for the season-so I actually have some quiet.
I am weighing in tomorrow, wish me luck in finally getting below 201! (crosses fingers)
Aphil
Old 09-16-2002, 01:03 PM   #45  

Aphil, that sounds so sweet!

My visit home was really good. I went way over on the way up because I got upgraded, by some guy that I had been talking to, to first class, where they served us a sundae. Like, to order -- first class is amazing! And I would have been okay but I went home and ate a second dinner with my parents (it was really late on my internal clock by then and I was hungry, when normally I would have been sleeping!). I made up for it by exercising the next day. Anyway, my mom really did start crying when she saw me, and we had lots of quality mommy-kid time. I came home and weighed myself this morn to find that I FINALLY got past my plateau and lost 2.5 lbs while in CA! And I expect that to get a little higher because today is Yom Kippur, which means complete fasting until sundown (ie no water, etc). I was hungry last night at 11 so I hope I can stand it until dinner tonight.

Anyway, I hope you all are having a happy Monday (if there is such a thing, other than the band...)!

Alison
Closed Thread