General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 10:46 AM   #211  
a little eccentric! :)

Location: Wisconsin, but longing to go home to California soon!

Hey everyone

I'm sorry that I've been such a stranger; things are getting better here on the relationship front, and while I'm proud that I didn't go into a binge because of being sad (in fact, I stopped eating much at all last week, and lost 2 pounds, one of which I have proudly gained back... heh), I also didn't work out at all. Last night I started up again by doing some floor work (I hurt my ankle) and it was TOUGH! But, I'm glad that I did it.

I also learned how to knit. Wow, it's fun! I only know one stitch, and I've already made a chenille scarf. Now I'm working on another one, and I'm going to give one to my mom and one to my sis for X-mas. (Yes, a Jew that celebrates Christmas... go figure!) I'm going back to California next week to see my family and some friends, which will be way fun, but also a little stressful, since I'll be there with my boyfriend. Hopefully this will help things out a little.

Anyway, I am glad to see that you're all doing well, and that nobody's fainted lately

Aphil, as someone who has recently got a tattoo at the tender age of 25 (ha ha!) -- see the story here [http://alibee.linex.com/journal/2002/020703.html] if you're interested -- I support you turning her in. She probably would have gotten someone lame that she'd regret in years to come!

Anyway. Hi!
Old 10-16-2002, 02:08 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hee hee hee
Alison-your tattoo narration cracked me up. When I got my third one, the tribal on my chest-the guys asked me if it was my first, because if it was-he wasn't going to do it there. It goes right across my breastbone, and if you feel the center of your breastbone, a few inches above your cleavage-the skin is very thin, and there is little muscle over the bone. VERY painful. I had all of the guys at the shop peeking in at me all surprised I wasn't bawling my head off. I showed them....ha ha ha
Just worked legs and buns...time for abs and upper body!
Aphil
Old 10-16-2002, 08:42 PM   #213  

Hi everyone,,,,

Weigh in went great... am down another 2.6 pounds... woo hoo!!!

Amy~~ I can feel that fire you are lighting under me. Am going to go exercise in the next few minutes. I think Ill pass on the curves membership for the time. Thanks for the info on it.

Ok gotta run for now....

see everyone later...

Nancy

198.8/189.8/150ish
Old 10-17-2002, 10:19 AM   #214  

Woohoo Nancy!
You have now lost a total of 10 POUNDS!

Today is going to be a busy day...I am so tired. I have to put the waistband into Jason's pants to finish them, make my little ivy and baby's breath head wreath, do a ton of laundry, clean the house, and go to Wal-Mart tonight, and get things ready to take off tomorrow! Yay! I am SO excited. I will get some pics of us up here when I get them developed. The hotel we are staying in is only a year old, and has a nice fitness room, so I don't have to bring anything for that, I can exercise both evenings at the hotel.
(You know it is good when the fitness room has something to do with which hotel you choose to stay in.)
Have a good day ladies, I will check in before I go!
Aphil
Old 10-17-2002, 05:08 PM   #215  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

YEAH NANCY !!! A big 10 pounds down!!! And with you so solidly on program, and starting to exercise (yes, we will keep after you!) the fat is gonna drop off and the muscle and tone will develop...so exciting! I also meant to commend you the other day; you were feeling so homesick, yet you DID NOT eat because you were sad! You were still OP, and that is such a big accomplishment. I'm high-fiving you, girl!!!

Aphil, hope you get all your items done so you can enjoy your weekend...so great that you picked a hotel with the nice fitness facilities!
Hey - in the future, think we could see your tribal tat? or is that too personal?

hi alibee - I'll have t check your journal about your tat acquisition. Glad that the homefront issues are a little better. Not eating because of stress is not good either, so hope that's better too.

Kanola, how's it going for you? Now are you entering into the Spring season? You are inspiring with all the different types of workouts, and yoga and such. You go, motorbikegirl!

jacklyn, welcome back! We missed talking to you. Hope you're able to connect again. You were so stellar with your walking!

kewi, wow, 12# for bicep work is immense! I hope your family is properly in awe of you - I think a woman who is committed to working with weights is just so to be admired (bad grammar, sorry)

Kina, how are you doing? Hope you aren't having any undue pressures from everyday stuff (gosh, that's probably not possible with family/job/school/ but hope it's all manageable!)

Hi to our newest ladies, aimee and KatyDes. Are you ladies doing well today?

Hello to tryin'hard also! We know you're super busy with the two jobs. Hope you're reading. I think of you as I'm trying to find the balance to maintain; as you've done the super-great weight loss and have maintained for over a year.

Our long-quiet friends - Sprite, Melisa, t-girl, and expecting Christine - I'm thinking of you and wishing we could hear from you

Well, TOM is due next week; and as I'm aware of that, should really try to do tryin'hard's suggestion of extra physical work, to offset the inevitable salt/fat cravings...I did take a walk today in addition to my 1/2 hr. weight routine; & will try to do that again each day.

Under the "Success" thread here, someone asked for the top 10 reasons that it's so great to get in shape; after reading them all, I agreed with all of them! But I wrote my own list to add. I thought of the "seeing daylight between my thighs" only after viewing a photo Joe just took of me walking the dog - I am such a photo sl*t now; keep looking at it saying "wow! they don't touch anymore!!"

Everyone have a GREAT night!

Holly
Old 10-17-2002, 11:29 PM   #216  

Well ladies,
It is about 10:30 pm here. I have succesfully finished my headwreath, Jason's pants, dry cleaned my dress-LOVE Dryel, and have our route mapped and ready to go. Tomorrow I just have to pack our regular clothes and the kids things. I am SO excited.
Has anyone heard of the new lower calorie beer? I think it is Michelob or something like that, but it is only 90 calories a bottle. That is a good new option for those of us who like an occasional drink. I have a small glass of wine once every month or two, and now I have another option if the mood ever strikes me.
I made my trip out to Wal-Mart, and came home and had dinner, and my night snack tonight was a tangerine. THeyhad some nice ones on sale tonight for .18 each. They peel so nice, nothing like the sore fingers I get from oranges.
Holly, that is so funny about you hogging the camera lense now...hee hee hee That will be me very soon. Yes, and sure you can see my tat sometime. When I ever get some pictures up here, it will most likely show if I am wearig a v-neck tee or scoop neck blouse.
Well, I better get ready to hit the hay...I'll check in when I get back Sunday night or Monday mornng if it is too late.
Amy
Old 10-18-2002, 08:02 AM   #217  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Talking TGIF!!!

Wow!! You ladies sure know how to burn up the keyboard!! It was a long time since I last posted.... just a few days!!

Hi Jacklyn and Kewi!! I just returned to this message group after a few months away.... the motivation is really great here! I missed these girls!

Nancy!! That is an awesome result!! I bet you are so proud of yourself!! I am sending you the happy dance!!

Holly, you are such an inspiration. I am starting where you did and want to end up around the same goal. I am so happy you are here encouraging us all.

Aphil & Alibee.... guess I can join in with the tattoo confession. I got a Maple Leaf (being canadian and all....) on my lower back done 3 years ago the first time I came to Aus... I love it and can't wait until I can wear low waist jeans.... I want to get another one... something Aussie to go with the maple leaf.... need to think on that one!! I had my belly button pierced before I gained most of my weight and have kept it through it all. Also can't wait for abs!! Oh ya.... one more confession... 2 years ago on a bit of a dare... I had my tongue pierced. It has been done so long I take it out during the week (real estate is not really fond of body piercings) and put it back in Friday after work. I am not ready to give it up completely because it was a pain to heal out. Just some crazy facts about this biker chick in Australia.

I loved the narrative on the tattoo. Mine was small and only took about 30 mins and it was not the most pleasant thing I ever went through.... but not the worst. I had tears a couple times and could not imagine 2 hours of work!! I would be going several times to get the work done!! I would like to get a tribal style hummingbird done, sort of like the native artwork or something more aboriginal from Aus.... maybe a platypus or a kangaroo.... hhhmmmm Now I am thinking about it again!!

Aphil - sounds like you have a FANTASTIC weekend planned!! How awesome !

Hi to the new girls too!! aimee and KatyDes I hope you are keeping up with us all and are finding motivation somewhere in our fun posts!!

Well... tomorrow is WW day.... I was good tonight. We had friends over for pasta and they brought fruit and ice cream... the really really good kind but I only had the fruit. Hubby kind of told them I was off junk food so don't bring cheesecake or anything like that. It was a good visit.

Well... it is getting late here in Aus, and I have to get up for a WW meeting tomorrow. My friend joined with me last week and she is going to drive... no more taking the bike to the meetings. I hope she does well and stays motivated.

Gotta run my friends.... will let you know how I do tomorrow, I hope I am half as successful as Nancy was!!!

Nola.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:13 AM   #218  

Hello everyone! Thank you for all of the welcomes. Hubby and I went to the grocery store and bought tons of healthy stuff. I really think he's serious about this! I'm so glad because it definitely makes it easier on me.

We are going back to the gym tonight, making it the 3rd visit this week. I am sleeping so much better now!! I love waking up with that kinda sore feeling...makes me feel like I'm actually doing something!

Congrats on your loss Nancy!

Holly!!!! You have made so much progress....you must be so proud! I still cringe if a camera is turned in my direction so I look forward to hogging it one day!

Well ladies....once again, time to get to work! Talk to you later!
Old 10-18-2002, 10:12 AM   #219  

Hi,
Well, I am getting thigs ready to go. I am waiting for the clothes dryer right now, so I can get a couple things in it packed, so I have a few minutes.
Even though I have not had a loss in a couple weeks, I am really starting to notice my face thinning out a bit in the chin area, and my wedding ring is getting a bit looser-so I may be switching fat for muscle-I don't want to measure myself yet though, I want to wait a couple more weeks. At least it gave me a clue that someting is definitely happening though.
I am hoping for a good weigh in on Monday however...wishme luck. I am going to try to stay as on plan as possible on my weekend out. Iam packing a couple Baker's breakfast cookies so I can avoid the hotel continental donuts in the morning, and going to go for the healthiest food I can at the faire-they should have some roasted pork or corn on the cob-so I will eat something like that.
The faire is also a permanent fixture, not just a bunch of tents-it is a village on a lake that spans 20 acres, so I am hoping to walk a few miles tomorrow.
We just got our new computer last night-we had a Pentium 2 custom computer-a few years old. It served all of my needs, as far as coming here, and email, and whatever I need as far as teh internet, but Jason plays a lot of games, and wanted something with more memory and better graphics and all-so we had a Pentium 4 built by Dell with upgraded graphics and stuff for all of his geeky games. I told him "Merry Christmas" because that is what he is got! I must say, I do like its sleek black looks however...and the whisper quiet keyboard...if anyone buys a new one-I highly recommend Dell. They were quick to build it too-we just ordered it Sunday-and it was here on Thursday!
I am excited about working out in the hotel tonight! I have quite a bit of equipment for home use, but I am looking forward to using the stairstepper and treadmill-which I don't have at home-just for something different.
Kanola, Alibee, and Vermont Mom-my tats took different times. The tribal on my chest took about 25 minutes-but its pain was the most intense. I took two of those stress balls you squeeze in your hand, and white knuckled them the whole time-but no tears.
My Woodstock on the side of my belly is real small, and took about 5 minutes. The antique cross on my right thigh is about 4-5 inches long, and 3 inches wide, but it has a ton of details, and black, green, red, yellow, and orange, so I had it done in two sittings-about 2 hours to outline, and about 1 1/2 to color-4 altogether. It is about 8 years old now, it was my first-so I definitely need it touched up with color pretty soon from the years and sun exposure. It still looks good, just not as vibrant as I would like.
Well, I better get those clothes out of the dryer now, and get the kids into the tub.
Have a good weekend everyone-I know I will! Nola-good luck on your weigh in!
Amy
Old 10-18-2002, 10:19 AM   #220  

Good morning everyone!
I know, it's been a while since I posted, but I had a great time reading and catching up with you all! Congrats to all of you on your losses, and Jacklyn--welcome back! I have missed reading you!
Welcome to all the newcomers! This is the BEST thread to find support, inspiration and some neat gossip lately!!! I love the tattoo stories. I'm too chicken! I did think about getting the belly pierced, but between being heavy and having a child, I don't want to show my belly--it's not a pretty sight! I took my friend's three year old to the bathroom and after I went too, she wanted to know what all those "lines" were on my stomach!!
I'm doing well maintaining. I had a rough week last week. I was not home for dinner for three nights in a row and that makes me have a little pity party for one and I feel sorry for myself. I did not make good dinner choices and knew that I had to do something differently this week. I bought my favorite veggie burgers that DH and DD think are "gross" and I have enjoyed them when I don't have time for a 'real' dinner.
The walking is the key for me, though. It's the first thing I do every day and just keeps me motivated for the whole day.
Vermont MOm--I was thinking of you in your size 6's this morning--I put on my jeans (it's a "dress down day" at school today) and my size 8's are baggin' in the back! I just may have to go try on the smaller size! I am loving these pants I bought at JCPEnney. They're "st. john's bay" stretch jeans and they fit really nicely and they are super comfortable. THey come in lots of colors, too.
Well, ladies, I do hope you're all continuing to do well. I miss reading and posting everyday, but some days are just too hectic!
Have a great weekend!
Old 10-19-2002, 03:09 AM   #221  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default Just a quick post...

To update my loss totals!!

Yay!!

Down another pound and a bit... bringing the totals to 9.9 pounds (4.5 kilos) in 6 weeks.

Woohoo!! Progress never felt so good. I also finally took measurements too. That was a good positive feeling before I went to the meeting.

Motivation this week.... I passed a magazine store in the local shopping centre and they had cheapy charm bracelets... I have always wanted one, so for $5 I got a bracelet and for $3 each, I now have four charms.... a sun, a hummingbird, a motorbike (hehe) and a cat. Next week when I lose another half kilo... to make it 5 for a total, I will buy another cat charm because we have 2 of the furry critters!! Silly thing, it looks tacky when I wear it but if it helps, hey... what is $3 every 2 weeks??

Gotta go, we have friends over for a bbq and us girls are going to watch Survivor..... please don't tell me who gets voted out each week because we are at least a week behind over here in Aus.... which means that I can't check out the official website either, we learned that lesson very quickly!! hehehhee

:P I will post more later this weekend.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:05 PM   #222  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!

Kanola, CONGRATS!!! you surely rate a dancing banana for almost 10 pounds down! I like the charm bracelet idea, too. Good visual daily reminder. Wow, you body mod girl! Wouldn't you love to shock your co-workers with all your jewelry in!

Aphil, so cool that you are so in-control with your planning for your weekend. Knowing that there will be donuts, so packing the breakfast cookies. And actually looking forward to using the gym facilities is just so great. You have a Woodstock bird? That must be SO cute!!! And CONGRATS to you too for feeling the loose ring, and seeing the difference. Your hard work is SHOWING!

Hi tryin'hard! Yahoo to you for size 8's being baggy!!!!!!

Hi Jacklyn! GREAT that your husband is into it now also. It sure makes it easier to have a partner in the battle...

Hello to everyone else and hope it was a nice weekend for you!

Today was my last day at my seasonal job...I should have been "pro-active" and searched for a winter job before this, but I'm such a procrastinator! I have no idea what I'll do...but I'd better get crackin' soon. At least this year, I have all this confidence in myself; not the mousy self-conscious thing I was before.

For my last day, I wore the snug jeans that made everyone talk before - am I a pot-stirrer or what?!

Have a nice night everyone!!!

Holly
Old 10-20-2002, 11:41 PM   #223  

Good evening everyone..

Nola~~~~ Way to go,, the pounds are just melting off of you!

Tryin Hard and Jacklyn~~ A big hello, glad to see you posting and that all is well.

Holly~~~~~ Do you have to work over the winter months or can you take a break? What type of winter job are you looking for?
Oh yeah and If i was you I would have worn those snug pants all along!!! Those women are just green with envy!!

Amy~~~ How was the fair this weekend? I hope you had a great time.

To the rest of the gang old and new,, I hope you are all doing well and will hop in and say hello soon.

I am doing good. Havent waivered one bit on my program and feeling good about it !!!!! I am in control that is for sure!!

I just got back from a walk with my hubby, a nice full moon and the refreshing smell of a cool fall evening, ahhh, I love this time of the year!

Well going to hit the shower and relax..

Have a great Monday girls!!
Keep smiling

Nancy
Old 10-21-2002, 09:49 AM   #224  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi People! How are all of you doing? I have been busy with school, kids and everything under the sun. I know you can all relate. Today is our son's 9th birthday. We will slightly celebrate today but we will have a pizza party this weekend for both our boys.

I have managed to maintain 192 over the weekend. Weekends are the worst. I have to say my exercise is in a slump. I have been so busy that I have not made the time to get on my elliptical machine. I realle have to. But I have comitted to the fact that tonight we may go out to eat for Matt's birthday so I will have to get on the elliptical machine in order to maintain my 192 or suffer the sacrifices. Now tha alone is motivational.

I better get going now. Talk again. Bye.
Kina
Old 10-21-2002, 10:11 PM   #225  

Hi ladies! I am back!
I had a WONDERFUL time on my trip to the faire...it was wonderful! We left Friday afternoon, and got to the hotel about 7 in the evening-and went down to have dinner in the adjoining hotel restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised that htey had a few "no guilt" items marked on the menu, so for dinner I had a veggie burger with grilled portabella mushrooms on top, and a side of fresh fruit-and one of those 95 calories Michelob Ultra beers I told you about in an earlier post. We lingered there a while, and it was really nice. The hotel room had a king sized bed with a pillow top, and down pillows and comforter-it was so nice. It was one of those great ones that had all of the mini Bath and Body Works toiletries and fancy soaps...
It was drizzly and cold the next morning, but was supposed to clear up around lunch time, so we styed a bit longer in the hotel, until checkout time, as to not totally ruin our costumes-so we were lazy for a couple of hours before we got ready and took advantage of room service for breakfast. I was good and ordered oatmeal, and a fruit smoothie-which I got the recipe for while I was there, and will now give to you-because it was AWESOME!
100% Fruit Smoothie
1 banana
1c. frozen strawberries, thawed slightly (The kind you get in the bags in the freezer section-thaw 1 cup of them on the counter for 20-30 minutes)
1/2c. apple juice
2 ice cubes
BLend juice and banana in blender, then blend ice cubes in until smooth-blend in the berries last and pour into a tall glass. It will be very thick, so use a straw!
235 calories 0 grams fat 3 grams fiber
It is worth 3 servings of fruit-and is great for breakfast!
The faire was just great, it was huge, and we watched jousting, Jason bought a sword, and we had vambraces made for him right in front of us-(the leather cuff things that lace up you wear over the wrists of your shirt.) It was so fun, and so many things to do and see-we started a new tradition-we are going to start going every year for our anniversary-which is actually Wednesday!
All of you know that I do bellydancing a couple days a week for my cardio-and if you didn't know, so far I have only done it in front of my kids and my mother...so he has never seen me perform. While we were there, we watched a tribal bellydance performance, which is a bit different from traditional, in the fact that they use tribal drums to dance to, rather than the traditional Middleastern music, and instead of the traditional bellydancer outfits, it is a bit "rougher"-they had on gypsy like patchwork skirts, tops that were tied up under their chests to reveal their tummies, and sort of "bawdy" accessories, like theyhad fringed tasseled belts and slave bracelets, and animal tails pinned to hte backs of their skirts. (The tails seductively "bounced" off their rear ends when they did certain movements. ) I really liked this version and am looking into information about it to add to my current "curriculum."
Needless to say, I now have a striped raccoon tail, and a slave bracelet made out of chain maille and gorgeous amber colored stones...you don't think he wants a performance sometime in the future do you?
I weighed in today without a loss, but also without a gain, which I think is very good considering a whole weekend trip out.
Well, it is getting late here-I am pretty tired after the weekend!
Have a great evening!
Aphil
Closed Thread