General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 10:14 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Okay, yeah, I got lost again... but I'm still alive

I'm not sure when my last visit was but I believe since then I've had my 2-yr anniversary (Oct 7) and first prenatal appointment (also Oct 7)... did I mention these before?

My due date is officially January 23rd according to the prenatal clinic.. that makes me 27 weeks on Wednesday... and so far I'm up 28 pounds.. ouch.. but I'm confident I can get it off when all is done here!!

Also, we went to Myrtle Beach for a couple days.. that was nice and my daughter had a ball. The best part was, my dad paid for most stuff.. including the hotel.. he's too good to us!

Anyway, just thought I'd check in with ya'll.. hope everyone is doing well !! I'll try to keep up again ..

Christine

PS That smoothie recipe sounds awesome, aphil.. I just need to get me a more powerful blender and I can try it out... my old walmart cheapo one is worthless

Last edited by silence; 10-21-2002 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 06:34 AM   #227  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default Quick Hello!

Can you believe it is already Tuesday night over here in Aussie land?

Where the heck does the week go? Crikey mates!

I just did my taxes... ggrr... just a small refund. I was used to claiming my education loan in Canada and getting a nice refund back which ended up paying for part of airfares to Australia.... well... getting $200 is better than paying $200.

I think I will put that straight into the bike leathers fund.... or the house deposit fund.... or the 'have fun in Canada fund'. It is all the same fund, which seems to get emptied once the title changes.

Well it is getting late and I still have to pack my gym bag, make my lunch and finish off the dishes from dinner (it has been my turn for 2 weeks now and I have been able to negotiate around that... not tonight!).

Keep up the good work girls! Good to see so many new/old faces around again!

*yawns* have a good day tomorrow!
Old 10-22-2002, 08:59 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!
Boy, I did not want to get up! That bed just felt way too good!
It is cardio day...and I am really not wanting to do it...but I will.
I think I am going to get out a short 15 minute aerobics tape I have, then do some bellydancing afterwards for fun. And no, I am not going to put on that tail today!
(I'll save that for Jason)
Didn't one of you a while back say you were making soaps at home for a home business? It was mentioned a long time ago, and I don't remember who was doing it-but if it is any of you still here, could you please pm me and let me know how you got started and all? The stuff I make, like my costumes and blankets are kinda just word of mouth, and I'd actually like to start doing a couple festivals around here, like our little street fair we have every day, and local craft shows, and maybe Ebay.
I have even thought of seeing if the local tattoo shop would consider giving me space to sell some of my stuff-since a lot of my stuff is kinda crazy/alternative.
Chiristine, glad to hear all is going well with the baby! If you were not aware, there is a thread under the exercise forum called Everyday Exercisers, and two of the ladies there are also expecting, you may also enjoy posting on that thread! Have you figured out what you are having yet through ultrasound?
Kanola, I know what you mean about the refunds going into a "fund"-our tax refund this spring and his Christmas bonus this year are already spent-to pay down the principle balance on our camper we bought the beginning of summer. We got a 4 year loan on it, and I would like to have it paid off in a year-so we can afford to get a newer vehicle. We could make the payment now if need be on a less expensive new car, but it would not leave much for our little treats we like, like Jason's expensive ice cream, and my breakfast cookies, etc. and our little trips like over the weekend-and if you have no money to do anything, what fun is the car? Instead of enjoying the car, you end up resenting writing out that check for it each month.
Well, I better get going-I have a lot to do and I mUST get this workout in!
Aphil
Old 10-22-2002, 09:35 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone (or evening or night or whatever it is where you're at!)

Thanks for the info, Aphil, but I think I'd feel a little out of place on an 'everyday exercisers' board Seeing as how the last time I did any real exercise was before I got pregnant.. I know, I know, I'm bad.

As far as knowing the sex of the baby... unfortunately I had the worlds shortest/crappiest ultrasound ever and during the whole 3 minutes, they were unable to tell I am really hoping to get another US before I have this baby but I dunno yet whether that will happen or not.

Hope everyone is having a great week

Christine
Old 10-23-2002, 06:33 PM   #230  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone!

Christine, so nice to hear from you again! I hope you're feeling well.

Aphil, your weekend sounded so great! Your description of the dancers was so vivid - I could see them. I love the tail idea!and I'm sure Jason does too

Hi Kanola! So do you and your husband divide all chores, like doing the dishes, into 2 week periods? How civil! What is your weather like now?

Hi Nancy! again, hooray to you for being totally OP! and enjoying it. I don't have any specific desires for my winter job; around here, it would probably be retail of some kind, except for two majors; I HAVE to like the people I work with; and refuse to do fastfood of any kind; I couldn't stand the odor of the fried food on my hair/skin all day. I'm just a spoiled woman! How is YOUR job going? I hope great!!

Hi Kina!! Good to hear from you too. Maintaining after a difficult weekend is a big feat. Soon you won't even realize that you've replaced bad habits with good ones, and it will be automatic. That makes it so much easier, when the pounds are slowly melting off, and it doesn't seem like such a huge chore anymore.

And hello to everyone else!

I mentioned about a month ago that I ran into a girl that I once worked with; she was so complimentary about my loss, and said I inspired her to try again. We were going to start walking together on Mondays, but then her schedule changed and we couldn't. Well, she called me today; her voice was under control, but I could tell that she was at the point where she HAD to do something, and was aking for help. I was so honored that she was asking ME!

So I gave her Aphil's beginning calorie outline, and went over pretty much what we woud tell anyone new here (she doesn't have a computer, or else she would me our newest member!) And I told her about the power of exercise; that she could count calories and lose some weight, but she will LOOK and FEEL like a million bucks if she would regularly start with cardio and light weights. And I said that 6 months down the road, it is not unrealistic to look forward to some major changes, if she is able to stick to it. I hope she makes it!!!! Her name is Karen, in case anyone wants to send her some positive energy over the miles

We have had hard frosts here; and snow showers on Sunday (nothing sticking, thank goodness). Now I'm waiting for our Indian Summer!!! But the past two days the sun has been shining brilliantly, so when the temperature is at least over 42, I bundle up and ride the 'cycle. Whoa! Talk about nippley cold! Today Joe and I rode to Montpelier (he works from home, so that's how we're able to just take off for an hour) and got huge coffees and sat outside the shop, soaking up the sun and people watching. As Aphil says, you gotta enjoy life!

Have a great evening!!! Keep on keepin' on!

Holly
Old 10-23-2002, 07:23 PM   #231  

Holly,
I hope Karen is doing well starting out to get fit again! Let her know we are all rooting for her here!
Jason's mom just came and picked up Jasmine until Sunday-so I only have one child for a few days! (She is a school cook, so she has fall break off just like the school kids.)
I had a real nice workout today-did a lot of ab work.
Today is our 3rd anniversary-my stepmother sent us a real nice card! We are staying home, as we had our little trip, and we have a few movies that are on our must see list over the next couple months-and you know how expensive it is to go to the theatre nowadays...but the second movies in the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings trilogies are must sees around here. (We are BIG kids.)
Well, I better go-dinner is about ready. Have a good evening!
Aphil
Old 10-24-2002, 06:55 AM   #232  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default Thursday already!!

Crikey mates!! Where is this week gone.

I am practising up my aussie slang as I will be in Canada in.... 9 weeks!!! woohoo!

Holly, funny you should ask about the weather!! I was thinking during my lunch hour walk to mention what a great day it was.

I walked for about an hour all together, I don't do that often enough at work.... I will try to get out 2 times a week. There are 2 amazing parks/gardens practically across the street from where I work. It is well into spring here and the flowers and leaves on the trees have all come out in full force. Palm trees are not native for Melbourne but they do have some pretty impressive ones that have been 'imported'. It is hard to describe how lush and green it is here. Coming from the praire/northern Canada it is still quite overwhelming, even after 16 months of being in Aussie land.

My walk took me past the legislature buildings..... the stairs were covered with flower memorials for those who died in the Bali bombing. I stood there for quite awhile taking the site in. Then spent a few minutes walking among the flowers, reading what people had written, it was pretty emotional. I felt so far away when 9/11 happened, Bali has hit home pretty hard even though I don't know anyone who was killed/hurt. I knew that there were lots of flowers there, and have avoided walking past there for a week, was not really ready to face that until today.

In my journal I put my thought for today.... Dieting is not what life is all about, just improves the quality of something already very precious.

I am very relfective tonight.

We also have our motorcycle club's fundraiser/awareness ride for Breast Cancer research on Sunday. Feeling a bit down about that too. One woman had contacted our ride organiser about being involved about 3 months ago. She had never been on a motorbike, but the Cancer Council had given her a list of events planned around Melbourne that day. She thought we were pretty unique and headed off to raise funds. She was having chemo at the time. About 3 weeks ago she passed away. We had arranged to have a bright pink Triumph and her as a pillion being our honoured guest.... that hit home really hard for the whole club. I am also very reflective on that tonight too. I went around the office today trying to get donations, and told that story about 4 times..... so it is really with me today.

Good news though, I stopped by the chop shop (what my hubby calls the hair people) that I spend a fortune at every 6 weeks and so does hubby.... to pick up a gift certificate. The guy that owns it races Ducati's in his spare time, (not not gay, he has a gorgeous wife and new baby) and he gave a cash donation plus a gift certificate as a prize for the ride.

Very cool.

Well... almost time to take my reflective butt over to a friend's house to watch Survivor. Hmmm..... week 4 and I am predicting that sufer annoying boy/ or 'oprah'(we nick name all those who are in the show... token hot guy, token boobie chick, token religious guy etc) will get voted out. Don't tell me cause we are behind the US in the airing .... Let's see if I am right.

Good night ladies.

I will try not to be so reflective tomorrow night!

Nola.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:06 AM   #233  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default one quick post...

Here is a few websites that may be interesting.....

http://www.fitzroygardens.com

and a site with some photos of Melbourne....

pretty slack.... I have the digital camera charging up its batteries for me to take on my walk tomorrow.....

So I can send a piece of Australia over to everyone! I need to start a webpage again, but I had a bad experience with a free site that went broke and I lost alot of work.....

anyways.... here is the other site:

http://www.companyservices.nu/photog.../australia.htm
Old 10-24-2002, 08:54 AM   #234  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Wink

to all. I just want to see if I fit into your thread. I am a new chick to 3fc and I am trying to find a place to fit in. I see that you guys do things the old fashion way. I have been down the road of prepackaged, diet pills, shakes etc and lost and then put back on again and again. I have decided that I can't continue down that path anymore. I need to lose around 45 pounds and have decided to do the old fashion way. I have been trying to eat my 9-10 servings of fruits and veggies each day what a hard thing to do when at times you would rather just grab a hand full of chips when you are hungry. Well I hope that I will be welcome here.
goal- 10 pounds by xmas
daily goal- to drink some water and exercise
Old 10-24-2002, 10:11 AM   #235  

Hi little chick!
Yes, a lot of us have been down the road of fad diets and gimmicks-it is nice to know there is a real way to lose weight!
I do have some starting suggestions for you, though.
I see that your weight right now is 161-and you stated that you want to lose 45 pounds. Is this really an attainable weight for you? This is a very low weight, and is really only healthy if you are small framed and of petite stature-say 5'-5'3". If that is your size, then that is fine, but if you are average framed and height-5'4"-5'7". then maybe a goal of 120-140 is better for you.
I am also going to stress the importance of exercise with this front, as you can have two women of the same weight, and one can look fit and trim, and the other can have flabby thighs and a dropping rear-all because of exercise. If you are not very active in that mode, start doing it, and you may be happy with your body at a higher weight, if you firm up those body parts!
9-10 servings of fruits and veggies will be hard to commit to, if you are eating in a calorie range to lose weight-say 1300-1800. Why don't you start with trying for 6 servings a day-so you have enough calories to get some protein and dairy in there. When you are at goal weight, and are able to raise your calorie level-then you can put in a couple more.
Are you familiar with counting calories? If not-try for the range I stated earlier, aiming each day for around 1500-1600. This will provide you with a slow steady loss of 1-2 pounds per week, depending on your activity level. If you do not have one, get a book that lists calorie counts for foods-because while they are on most prepackaged foods, on fresh produce they are not.
If you eat out, I recommend going to restaurant websites fir nutrition info, so you can choose healthier choices when you go out.
Try to split up your calories throughout the day, I have a plan in an earlier post.
I am glad you are on the road to lifelong weight maintenance and
away from the fads and money gobblers out there. I know I speak for all of us when I say we are thrilled you have looked around this site and chose us!
All of the ladies here are just great-a very funny, candid, and supportive group! Welcome!
Aphil
Old 10-24-2002, 11:19 AM   #236  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Thank you for the welcome, and the concern about my goal weight, but I am only 5 feet tall and not very big boned and my Dr. thinks that my goal is ok, but I know that if I lose 30 and feel good than thats what I am going to do. As for the 9 servings I am up to about 7 a day, some days are better than others but I am trying. Have a great day and I will be posting alot, I am in here a few times a day just to keep myself motivated.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:02 PM   #237  

We are glad to have you!
And with your height at 5 feet tall, your goal weight is fine!
I am sure you understood the concern before, as there are a lot of ladies who are 5'8" and want to wear a size 2!
You are so right about what you said-"Some days are better than others, but I am trying!" That is the attitude! Noone is perfect, and we are all going to slip up now and then, but let's not do so in shame. We are human-but it is what we are doing AlMOST all of the time that will make the big difference!
Have a great day ladies!
Aphil
Old 10-24-2002, 03:49 PM   #238  

Good news!
I haven't had any registering of a loss on the scale in about 3 weeks...but I just got proof that there is definitely something going on!
I tried on a pair of size 18 jeans a month ago that run a bit small for an 18, and I could get them on, but I could not button or zip them at all.
Well....I saw them in the drawer today, and got them out, and tried them on.
They are ON-buttoned AND zipped...AND I can breathe. They are snug, but they are on!!!
(Aphil jumps out of computer chair and proceeds to do the same dance as the banana)
Old 10-24-2002, 05:40 PM   #239  

Hello everyone! It's been a while but been pretty busy...you know how it goes.

Congrats to everyones losses! Aphil, I'm with you...it seems like I hardly ever drop a pound but I am working out ALOT...and I cant wait for my jeans to feel a little loose!

Here's a little quick humor for y'all.....my friend emailed this poem to be and I thought it was hilarious!!!!Here goes......

Inside me.....
There's a thin woman.....
Screaming to get out......
But I can usually....
shut the witch up with chocolate

Everyone have a great day!!!

Last edited by aphil; 10-24-2002 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:17 PM   #240  

Sorry Jacklyn...had to sub a "w" for the other letter! I DO have my responsibilities ya know! ha ha ha
Husband came home from work..."Hey, you haven't worn those in a long time, what is the occasion?"
"They fit" I replied.
This just keeps getting better and better.
Moo-hoo wha ha ha ha! (Evil scientist laugh)
Closed Thread