Old 02-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #91  

Height: 5ft 4in

Good afternoon everyone! I hope you all are doing good.

theresia - good job on the 1.8!! Have you ever tried the 100 calorie pack of cookies. They are realy good and then you don't feel quite so quilty.

lumi - slow and steady wins the race, right!

Mom2 - sorry about the naughty scale. Keep up the good work and it will pay off.

shrinkingLizzy - Good job on the one week smoke free! Keep it up. You are doing such a good thing for your health!!

So, after my little scale scare yesterday this morning I was at 144!!! I can't believe it! My weigh in will be Friday so hopefully I can hold onto it.
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Adaem -- you are inspiring me. 144 yay!! I AM going to the gym...if we're going to be in this competition together, you are getting awfully close to me!! Thankfully I won't be weighing in until monday...
--S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Tomorrow is my weigh in and I am feeling nervous! I had jam today!! I couldn't resist!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #94  

Shrinkinglizzy - A bit of healthy compitition is good for us! Maybe this will keep me motivated and on track. Good luck and my the skinniest girl win.

I made a deal with myself that I don't get a Frappacino until I hit 140!! (a small one!!)

I have only walked once this week and I need to get back on track!! I have just slept right though the alarm. I am not sure what is wrong with me. Part of it is DH and I have been up late planning our family vacation for the end of March and I think I have been too excited to sleep. (we are surprising our girls with a trip to Disney) I really want to be down to 135 by then. That is my new short term goal. Wow, if I acheive that I will have to get new clothes for the trip. Last summer I was 156. Boy, new clothes. What a bummer.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 200/192.5/135

id like to join please ^^
i just joined the site today and i wanted to try some of the challenges.
Mousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Mousai, Welcome!! You have missed the cut-off to add your name for this month, but please, stick around for the month and post and Mom 2 will add you next month if you still want to!

Lizzy- Welcome back!! We've missed you and I owed you the "I'll hunt you down" . You did it for me when I went AWOL. Oh by the way, I am planning to pass both you and Adaem soon! Challenge!!! ( and my weigh in is Sunday or Monday)

I am getting back on track, doing ok actually, I just ate way too much crap for Super Bowl and blew up like a blimp!

Lumi, you amaze me, I plan to catch you eventually. Hopefully, before July 4th, of course by then you will be down to your 120!!

2b2bfat- I am sure the weigh in will be awesome, jam is not so bad! Everything in moderation!

OK all, have to go to bed, I am so tired...
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #97  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello! I am doing great. Stayed on plan today. I don’t remember if I had told you guys about me adding running to my (and sons) walk, but we managed to run 1 mailbox for every 4 mailboxes. Last week, it was 1 mailbox for every 10. That was just too easy. Next week, we are adding 2 mailboxes for every 4. So hopefully we will be running at least a mile without stopping by the end of the year.

So I did get my 500 step-ups done. If I hadn’t told you guys I was doing it, I think I would had stopped at 100. I started getting tired at 80…felt like I was going to die at 300, and just felt great in the 400’s. I think I will do this a lot more. I felt very tired, but great. I think my legs will feel it in the morning. It was like doing 500 stairs all at once.

Lumi: Thanks for sharing your story. It really is a motivator.

2B2B: Stepups…Its like a little stool or big stool depending how much I raise it. It’s like one little stair by itself. I step up then down, then up….etc. until I hit 500.

S: Even if you don’t have time to write personals, just drop by to say hello and let us know how you are doing. Sometimes it is hard to spend more than a few minutes on the computer. I really was missing you. Thought I was going to have to take your job away as the 3FC stalker. LOL. By the way, how long are you interning?

KC: Congrats on getting back down.

Adaem: Woohoo on the 144. Your short term goal is so doable. And I can’t wait to get new clothes.

Mousai: Welcome! Do come on in and join in the conversation. The support will be here. And you can get to know us before you officially enter.

Mothermavis: I love that challenge you laid down for the girls in your weight range. I am glad you are back on track.

Last edited by Mom23BC; 02-08-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:41 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 200/192.5/135

ill definately give next month a go, ill try to keep up on my own over here tho, im also doing the boot camp challenge.

i was curious. ive had a lot of issues getting anywhere with my weight the last two years, a lot of it is cause my college life took a lot out of me but a lot of has been ive not known what to do. but now im looking at my eating to see what i can do there, if anything more. what are all of you doing, what works what doesnt for eating plans.
im vegetarian currently, but i do eat some fish. my only down side is im big on soda, i like the carbonation not the sweet tho.
Mousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:36 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Mousai, - post often, the support is great. My 2 cents, you have to lose the soda. If you are having multiples per day, start switching them out for water, one at a time. If you don't like plain water, maybe start w crystal lite or something like that. I like those flavor packets that you add to a bottle of water, but I gave up flavored water for Lent and am drinking mine straight nowdays. Not my favorite either, but losing weight feels better than drinking whatever it is that you know is not helping your weight loss. WalMart has the Sam's Choice flavored carbonated water. No calories, no sodium and has your bubbles!!

Mom2, love the step up idea. May borrow that.

To all, so many names, so little time. Wow.....

Got to go shower for work. Just did a Yoga workout on Exercise TV, pretty cool.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:17 AM   #100  

Mom 2 is it like the step from step aerobics? How do you keep track? I think I would forget where I was!!

Mousai maybe you should try seltzer? You could also buy your own seltzer machine and then make sodas too but control how much syrup you are adding. Also with soda club (that's the machine I have) the diet is made with splenda.

I'll be back in an hour or so with my friday weigh in
Old 02-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #101  

204 today. I guess I am not going to make my v-day goal Barring a bird comes along and starts pecking at my tighs like an all you can eat buffet
Old 02-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #102  

Mom2 - Good job on the running and 500 steps. I can not wait to start being able to walk outside!

Mousai - Stick around and join in on the conversation. These women are great and have really helped me. It is great to have a place to come and feel like I am being held accountable. I will also give my two cents. Try fitting in excersize anywhere. Use the stairs whenever possible. Park farther from building - or if possible walk to the building. Every little bit helps.

2B - Don't get down on yourself. The scale can be so stuborn sometimes. You may not make your V-day goal but that is not the end of the world! I have missed so many goals since trying to lose weight over the last year or so. You can do it!!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #103  

Official weigh-in for the week ----- 144!!!

I also got up and walked this morning. 2.5 miles. Maybe my walking slump is over.

Hope everyone has a good day and a good weekend. If I don't get a chance to check in this weekend I will talk to you all on Monday.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

2B2BF: Jam? er, if that's your big downfall, you're doin FIIIINE. What kind of plan are you following?

Adaem: Hmmm...a Frapp at 140, huh....that's a good idea. Mine's either a manicure or an eyebrow wax! And wow, Disney World! What great motivation!! Just saw that you got out for a walk, that is great. So is the 144 weigh in!! I'm trying to hold of on getting on the scale until Monday...oh the suspense.

Mousai: Hi! I agree with the seltzer suggestion. My boyfriend just discovered it and he's in love. Like, I've never heard anyone express so much joy over seltzer. If he could, I think he would should it from the rooftops.

Mavis! Where are you at with the weight now? How much of a lead do I have? I hope you haven't popped back into the 150s (well, most of me hopes that )!

Mom: Thanks for the kind words! I'm interning for the whole school year, until May. Good learning experiences, but I'll be glad when it's done, too. It's a strange way to work, not getting paid (in fact, paying for the experience), but with so much on the line as far as grades/recommendations! As for that mini stpper -- you count 500 steps?? Whoa. And way to go on the running! That's HUGE!

So, it does look like those of us in the 140s are in a tight race ...I am so excited to see the 130s I can't even say!! I hope all this point counting and my personal prohibition work out.

And that is why it's OK that I'm hungry right now. I'm not gonna eat my lunch yet. No sir. Gonna wait it out. Breathe and water, that'll be my sustenance till lunchtime!

S

Last edited by shrinkinglizzy; 02-08-2008 at 11:49 AM.
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #105  

Shrinkinglizzy - Yes the 144 is weigh in. I was weighing in on Monday but I figure for the sake of competition I would weigh in on Friday because if I fall off the wagon I tend to do it on the weekend. Sounds silly I know. I am sure it is all mental. I know I should not reward myself with food but I just love my Frappy's!!

I too can not wait to see the 130's. I have not seen that since before I started trying for baby #2 over 4 years ago. (137 when I started trying and 156 when I finally got pregnant 6 mo. later.)