Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 09:21 PM   #121  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Diana stay safe!
Old 10-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 257/255/180

Height: 5'8"

Ok so here goes nothing! Looking for somewhere to be accountable for me... I just recently decided that I have to make a change. I haven't been able to workout in while due to a foot injury and I have gained 80#!!!!! Ugh so I just turned 39 and I swear I will not be 260# when I turn 40! So I am going to the gym and trying to make healthy choices. Three weeks 4_5 days a week and only 2# gone... I know slow and steady wins the race but really going from almost completely stationary to 30-45 mins each day and 2#. I won't quit but need a little support as home isn't as understanding as people who have been there too! Thanks
Old 10-06-2016, 10:17 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Test

Testing the profile pic...
Old 10-06-2016, 10:26 PM   #124  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Lilbird Hi and welcome to the check-in.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #125  

Nice avatar Zoniegirl! Your dog is adorable---I can imagine you get your steps in keeping up with 3 pooches.

Diana Good to see you posting! Vacuuming a church sounds like a workout for sure.

Tacos & Lilbird!

Last edited by Sundove; 10-06-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:07 AM   #126  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Diana, keeping you in my thoughts!

Fat in Hong Kong, a wedding in Spain sounds like a wonderful trip! I am loving the Duolingo app and the Memrise app. They both start a little differently.

Kelijpa, I just finished a birthday gift hat and started two new hats. Hats are definitely my thing right now.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:14 AM   #127  

10/7 Weight - 139.4

10/6 Meals:

Breakfast:
coffee w/half and half
1/2 protein bar

Lunch:
Salad w/blue cheese & nuts
chicken meatballs
laughing cow light wedge
crispbread

Dinner:
chicken w/asparagus

Snack:
Halotop

Calories: 1072
Exercise: OrangeTheory 12909 steps

Relieved that the scale is finally moving again. I think I needed a day off and then some more calorie restricted days.

Zonie - your dog is super cute! I have two myself, and four cats. I also told the kids they could get bunnies for christmas and I'm thinking about some backyard chickens.

Chunk - I'm in night classes 3 days a week. It's challenging - I'm a morning person. Lately I always feel tired...

Diana - hope you are riding out the storm okay. We went through 2 major hurricanes - the aftermath is worse than the actual storm.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:20 AM   #128  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

So today is another one of those times, that we spoke of earlier in the week. Shouldn't I have been "rewarded" by doing well, sticking to my plan, I didn't stress eat, etc. I really don't like that mindset because it seems to set me up for frustration. A lot of people reward themselves by meeting certain goals, etc. We all ourselves differently. My mind still hasn't "figured out" some of my little back up plans, (toxic foods, etc. ) I did that in the past but not since starting on this journey. I should do the right thing. If I want to be healthy and stay at a lower weight, these are the things I have to do. Just thinking about things since the scale didn't cooperate this morning.

Last night I did: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1550 +
Weigh In: 171.8
Up: .4

Have a great day!
Old 10-07-2016, 08:45 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

My calories were a little too high yesterday, but I've been craving a mocha frappe for weeks now, and I decided to treat myself to one. Was trying to skip dinner to pay for it, but then I push mowed half my yard in the afternoon and I was freakin' starving afterward. Should still be below my TDEE, so more of a maintenance day. Got in my 10,000 steps. I have a bunch more yard work planned for the weekend.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:00 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 284/279/180

Diana!! Stay safe!!!
For those asking, I signed up for healthywage. If anyone is interested, send me your email and I can forward you an invitation. Of course there's a cash incentive for BOTH of us if you sign up
Yesterday, I took my daughter over to my Grandma's house and we hung out with her for a little while. Gram is 101 now. She's running a little low on energy (still lives on her own). She took a little tumble the day before yesterday, so my mom is trying to make sure she's never left alone. My mom had a few erronds to run, so Lauren and I went and watched Leave It To Beaver with her
I've done pretty good staying on track this week...getting my steps in and really watching my food intake. Really need to focus on drinking more water.
Have a great day everyone! We have a teacher inservice day today, so all 3 kiddos are home. We'll see what kind of trouble we can get into
Old 10-07-2016, 09:41 AM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoniegirl View Post
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Sundove - I really liked your comment about the impulse brain and the thinking brain. It helps to explain why spontaneous, unexpected challenges often trip me up. My grandma's favorite saying was "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips." Next time I'm faced with an urge, I'll try to wait before acting to let the thinking brain catch up!
It's a lot harder than it sounds Fwiw, it helps me to tell myself that I can choose to have that thing right in front of me, i.e., it really is a choice, not a ruse to get me to say no. If that makes sense.

Sometimes I will spend a lot of time thinking about the item, weighing the pros & cons--getting my laps in Whole Foods pushing the cart around and around. If I choose to indulge, at least I don't have that out of control feeling, with a side of guilt. Also, it's a lot easier when real hunger has been satisfied already.

Your drumming circle sounds awesome! What a special thing to have the Native American input--wow. I visited the Tohono O'odham Nation when I was in SE Arizona.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:50 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 10/7/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Monte - thanks for your input on posting a profile pic. I had confused a profile pic with an avatar. So, it ends up that uploading a photo from my IPad and phone did work, which is strange because I don't think it complied with the parameters of size. Yard work is very strenuous, IMO.great job on food and steps!

Lilbird - welcome! Have you taken measurements (with a tape measure or body fat)? After such a long period of inactivity, you might be converting to muscle, which may be why you are seeing slow results on the scale. Keep the faith, you can do this!

Sundove - thanks for your comments about my avatar and profile pic! The pic is of my former dog, my beloved cocker spaniel, who I was blessed to have with me for 15 and 1/2 years. I posted him because I didn't have any pics of my current dogs on my computer - I only have pics of them on my IPad or phone. Then, I discovered that the upload from my phone was working. So, the new pic is one of my current dogs, the baby of the family, at a year and a half. He's a handful! And, yes, they help me get my steps in! Now that the weather is cooling off in the mornings, I've incorporated daily dog walks. I love the drumming circle and the Native American influences. I am glad your stress is reduced now. I agree, it is all about choices. A conscious decision is far better than out of control eating - there is a difference, IMO.

Nicoley - congrats on your loss! Thanks for your comments! Please see my comments to Sundove on the story with the profile pic. Animals are the best! Sounds like you've got a house full of activity! I had rabbits about 20 years ago. They are very affectionate if handled early. Mine were also letterbox trained, so we let them run around in the house. The only thing with that is that their chewing can be very destructive and potentially dangerous, which we found out about later when we saw the chewed computer wires and electrical cords. Yikes!

Diana - continued prayers for you and everyone else in the path of the hurricane. Your comments are full of insight. To me, iwher it gets tricky is about the difference between setting a goal and having an expectation. For me, goal setting is positive. But, if I set up an expectation, that sets me up for disappointment if my results don't meet the expectation. Hope you keep the faith and don't get disappointed.

Sassy - good luck on your challenge with healthy wage!

Greetings and support to everyone I missed!

Plan for today - calories 1587, 62 under goal; carbs 95; fat 71; protein 132; sodium 2,764; sugar 41.

Exercise - walked 1.9 miles with dogs, estimated to burn 284 calories according to mapmywalk.com. Additional cardio at gym, 30 minutes, expect to burn 165 calories. Strength training, 20 minutes, upper body. Stretching, 15 minutes.

Have my weekly karaoke tonight and have banked calories for 2 drinks. Sleep is a little better, still below my normal. Am looking forward to my doctor's appointment in a couple of weeks so I can get some advice on this.

Hope you all have a great weekending stay strong!
Old 10-07-2016, 02:29 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundove View Post
Sometimes I will spend a lot of time thinking about the item, weighing the pros & cons--getting my laps in Whole Foods pushing the cart around and around.
I do this a lot! But for me it backfires often, and I end up buying stuff I regret later. I'm having more luck right doing my shopping super fast so that I don't get tempted. And only buying what's on the list - with the exception of fruits and veggies - those buy whatever looks good.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:47 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 186/135/125

Height: 5.5 feet

Hi everone

Thinking of you Diana and hoping you are well and staying safe.

Not much to report as far as healthy habits. TTOM is here.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:12 PM   #135  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

I expected to go up on the scale this morning due to my high-sodium dinner last night, but I held steady. I had a sesame bagel with cream cheese and lox last night.

Today I was able to take my first longish walk (45 minutes) in months w/o feeling sick! I made sure to eat a good amount of food, including lots of carbs, beforehand. I also drank a lot of water. I don't know if all of that helped, but I'm sure it didn't hurt. I'm so happy! I love to walk, and it's been tough not being able to. Now I'm really beat though zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Tacos - I've been using MFP. It has pretty much everything, so it makes tracking pretty easy. It took me a while to get used to it, but now that I've been doing it for a month it's become habit. For now, anyway.

Zonie - Your poochy is a cutie! Re: the Seven reference - nice to meet another twisted mind! Twisted Sister from another mister?

Diana - Thinking of you. Stay safe!

Coolmom
- So funny you should mention Duolingo bc I'd just heard of that app for the first time in a class last night. I'm definitely gonna check it out.

Nicoley
- 3 nights a week is tough!
Closed Thread