Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I've kind of fallen off the wagon. Eating everything in sight, won't even tell you the calories. Every few TOMs I get this way, which is unfortunate. Trying to get a grip on things again, so far no luck. Haven't lifted since last Wednesday, have to get a session in today to ward off the DOMS, but not really feeling it. Going to make myself a good chicken, rice and broccoli dinner, then hit that gym. I'm also going to start adding in some cardio in between my lifting days, because I'm sick of the scale not moving...I've GOT to get out of 210s this month!

Please send me lots of willpower, I really need it right now.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 10-12-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #197  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

MonteCristo: Hang in there and stay strong. You can do it! I'm with you on wanting to get out of the 210s soon. I keep getting so close and losing it but let's let this be our month to succeed. Enjoy your workout today.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #198  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

MonteCristo
Old 10-12-2016, 01:07 PM   #199  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Well, this is frustrating. My scale isn't working accurately anymore. I suppose it may just need new batteries. I'll buy some and check.

Can anyone recommend a scale they've had for at least 2 years that is still accurate? I think I remember Sundove mentioning one, but I don't remember the name of the scale.

My old scale appears to be working fine. And it's at least 10 years old! I wanted to replace it bc it doesn't measure by every tenth of a pound, only ever two tenths. For example, it'll say 145.8, but it never can read as 145.7.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:08 PM   #200  
Shorty getting fit

Monte -
I hope the cardio helps!

Flower - I hope you feel better soon. Ramble anytime. You're an absolute delight.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 10-12-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #201  
Trying to live below 200

I have had this scale for 15-20 years now. I bought it when I was in the 400 pound range. I needed a scale that would go higher, I liked the bigger numbers, it was heavy duty, etc. Basically all the reasons they have listed. I think I have had to change the battery once since getting it. http://www.tanita.com/en/hd351/
Old 10-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 10/12/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

GettinFit - Hi and welcome! I hope you find lots of support here to help you reach your goals. I calorie count, but also watch my macros. Your plan sounds good to me. Sounds like it was a wonderful cruise!

Monte - Sending you will power and positive vibes! Sounds like a good plan to add some cardio to break your plateau. Thanks so much for your input on strength training! I found it to be very helpful. I had used a personal trainer many years ago, so I'm not a total beginner, but I am rusty. Is the StrongLifts program online or a book/workbook? I'll have to Google it. I feel like I am building muscle, am shrinking in size because my clothes are looser, but I can't see the results by looking. I still have cellulite, no definition, no noticeable muscles, and still have the jiggle. I think the muscles are there, but I can't see them with the fat layer. Maybe I need to decrease my fats? How much is good to shoot for? I hadn't really worried about fat because I was focused more on carbs and sugar. I do eat a lot of dairy, which has a lot of fat. Now I know why so many people do the protein drinks and bars. Seems like one of the only ways to increase protein intake without too many calories, carbs or fat. Thanks again for your advice and good luck getting back on your plan! You can do this!

Chunk - Thanks for the standing O! I shopped on Christmas Eve one year and vowed I would never put myself through that again! So, I shop all year round for Christmas. I try to shop the sales, especially the post-holiday sales. If I see it and have someone in mind for it, I buy right then. I don't wait because I've learned that it will probably be gone if I wait. I hope you enjoy your break from calorie counting!

Teri and Tacos - We had Pancho's here, too, back in the day!

Diana - Congrats on your loss! Your feta cheese and eggs sound delicious! I bought some the other day to try.

FYML - Great job on your steps and your clean eating!

Flower - I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. Good job on your food despite feeling under the weather. I know what you mean about dairy! I can't live without cheese. I hope you enjoy your new phone.

Kelijpa - Congrats on your progress!

Greetings and support to everyone I missed!

Yesterday's accountability - I had a binge after posting. 440 over calorie goal.

Plan for today - calories 1,428, 212 under goal; 59 carb, 41 under; 74 fat; 133 protein; sodium 2,259; sugar 30.

Exercise - It was supposed to be my recovery day, but after yesterday's fiasco, I decided to walk. Walked 3 miles with dogs, estimated to burn 440 calories. Sounds kind of high, but that is what mapmywalk says.

Water - goal - 104 ounces to flush out system.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-12-2016, 02:39 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Zoniegirl - The StrongLifts stuff is all completely free and online. There is tons of information on the website (http://stronglifts.com/5x5/) and the free app makes it so simple to use. There are some great strength coaches on youtube too, I've found Alan Thrall to be particularly helpful. You don't need to cut fat of your diet, that can actually have the opposite effect. It is just a matter of keeping your calories down to lose fat, but without fat in your diet you won't be satiated. I strive for (when I'm on plan, lol) 30% protein, 30% carb, 40% fat. This TDEE calculator breaks down the macros you need for maintenance versus cutting. https://tdeecalculator.net/ In the end though it comes down to what is working for you. I'm sure some people do better with more carbs or less fat or whatever. You have to tweak it as you go along.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #204  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Flower123 - Thanks for the welcome, I missed your post this morning. Thanks for any calorie counting tips you can share. I've been counting Points for so long I've got to get used to calorie values and not Points. I have been using Lose-it to track. I'm fighting with my appetite this afternoon so I'd better post my food for the day.

Thanks Zonie for the Welcome.

B: Mini Babybel light cheese, banana, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: Smart Ones Chicken Parm & 1 WW Salted Caramel Brownie
S: Small SF/FF Latte, 100 Calorie bag Skinny Pop popcorn, 1 serving Mixed nuts, small apple
D: Salad w/chicken breast, Lite Honey Mustard Dressings, 2 Pcs Dove dark Choc
Per Lose it - 1350 Calories
40 min walk

Last edited by GettinFit; 10-12-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:20 PM   #205  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

FYML You are working really hard. I hope you have a great weigh in.

Flower Sending healthy thoughts your way. Feel better soon.

Kelijpa Great job with the 170's! As soon as I read about Hunters reaction, I thought about Cody scratching the grass and dirt up after he goes potty.

GettinFit I hope you got a nice walk in. It's really hard sticking to any healthy plan while on a cruise. Our local cruise ship was in the Bahamas when Matthew was coming in. They couldn't come into port at Charleston so they went to Mexico and stayed there for a few days, They came back in yesterday. Beside the whole hurricane thing, I bet that was a nice cruise.

Zoniegirl
Great job on the 3 miles.

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 10-12-2016, 09:21 PM   #206  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/roasted turkey + BHF's ranch

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone Walk to the Hits (3 Miles)

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-12-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Monte - You are an encyclopedia of weight loss knowledge! I really appreciate your advice and assistance. Plan to check out StrongLifts tomorrow. Already did the TDEE. It was very interesting to see what it determined as my maintenance. Seemed high to me and I would have thought that I would have lost more with my current plan and the prior VLCD plan. Maybe the VLCD has slowed my metabolism so my actual TDEE is lower. It's like what I read about for "the biggest loser" contestants and their high rate of re-gain because of their slower metabolisms. Like you said, it is a starting point and I can tweak it as I need to.

Diana - Thanks for the support!
Old 10-12-2016, 10:44 PM   #208  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default October 12th

Today was okay. I consumed a total of 1,029 calories and most of it was healthy except a few chocolate almonds and one mint girl guide cookie. I did leg day today followed by 20 mins of cardio. I also got in 13,000 steps. I went out and bought heavier weights today as I found some of my exercises were getting to easy and I tested out my new dumbbells and they definitely will be a challenge!
Old 10-13-2016, 12:00 AM   #209  
Shorty getting fit

Diana - Thanks! It's pricey but definitely worth it since it lasts so long. I prefer one and done shopping like that. I think I'll get that one someday. To pay for it now, I'd have to downgrade my Beans and Weens, and I just can't.

I did a little research into digital scales, and I learned a trick that may help mine work more accurately again. Digital scales tend to save the last weight and only reflect a new weight when the difference is more than a certain amount. So a trick I learned is to first stand on it while holding weights, then step back on without them. The large change should make the scale able to sense the new, precise weight. I think I also damaged it though by leaving it in my bathroom, since humidity can mess it up. Plus I'm not sure if my floor is totally level, so that could be causing the different readings I get when I move it around the room. So basically, I think the problems I had were due to user error.

Zonie - Your year round shopping appeals to me, but reminded me of a time I messed that up! My sister is a coffee nut. Early one fall, I bought a bunch of coffee products and mugs and made this pretty gift basket for her Christmas present. I hid it and then completely forgot about it. I didn't find it until months after Christmas.

I'm enjoying my break from calorie counting. I'm still logging my food on MFP, but I haven't bothered replacing my food scale's batteries yet. So I'm just estimating calories. I took the dead batteries as a sign that it was time for a break.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 10-13-2016 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:17 AM   #210  
Shorty getting fit

I've never listed my day's food here before, but I'm gonna try it out.

1st meal:
Coffee with milk
2 Organic chicken thighs that I prepared in my slow cooker adobo style
1 serving of jasmine rice
1 serving of broccoli
1 serving of cauliflower

2nd meal:
1 Apple
1/2 of an English cucumber sliced and topped with 1 container of Breakstone's "live active" cottage cheese

3rd meal:
Big bowl of homemade vegetable soup

Today was an unusual day for me in that I ate less fat and more carbs than I normally do.
Closed Thread