Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 05:50 AM   #211  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

MonteCristo I walk a lot, occasionally a slow jog, best of luck.

Diana oh my, sometimes Hunter does that when we're walking in the woods he sends dirt and leaves flying I have to make sure I'm not behind him

178.4 this morning, so should be down a pound at WW. Chip, chip, chipping away.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 10-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #212  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 172
Down: .2

Have a great day!
Old 10-13-2016, 09:49 AM   #213  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone

I hope you all are having a great OP Thursday!

Diana: Now I would have loved staying in Mexico a few extra days, hanging out on the beach and drinking Margarita's Our ship was re-routed to visit Mexico first and then we came back around to Jamaica and then to Labadee Haiti. We didn't even see a drop of rain the entire trip and the water was pretty calm the entire time.

My walk yesterday was so refreshing. The temp was perfect for walking. I could have got more time in but I kept running into deer and I am terrified of them. I know they are docile animals but I am still afraid of them. Two years ago a baby deer approached me while I was walking and wanted to play and I was so afraid that the mama would come and attack me. Since that experience I get really nervous when I see them along my route.

I had a good OP day yesterday. I stuck exactly to my plan and I drank lots of water. Each day I'm feeling stronger and more in control. I just gotta keep it going.

W/I this morning was 218.2 (slowly moving back down)

My plan for today:

B: Babybel cheese, Dannon Greek 80 cal yogurt, coffee w/1/2 C skim milk & SF Caramel Syrup
L: Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones, WW Salted Caramel Brownie
S: Grapes, Sm Apple, Mini pk Land o Lakes Colby cheese, Skinny Pop 100 Cal Popcorn
D: Chicken, Okra, 2 Dove Dark Chocs
Exercise: Walk
Old 10-13-2016, 10:37 AM   #214  

Today's weight: 141.2

Good morning all! Monte - there must be something in the air - I've been struggling all week! I think it's the cooler weather and the stress of the upcoming election.

So I'm not posting yesterday's food - which included all kinds of junk...

My short term goals are to drink more water, and to feed myself and my family more vegetables. I've been slacking off with cooking and need to get back into it. I try to plan the week's dinners and put them on the chalkboard in my kitchen - it holds me accountable.

I got in a short 2 mile run today - so that goes into the plus column. The weather here is beautiful!
Old 10-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #215  

quick check in, the usual +
B veg omelet, coffee & lightener
L turkey burger, salad
D 2 protein bars
S broccoli yam
Old 10-13-2016, 11:35 AM   #216  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Default JUST - jumping in!!

Hey there --- yes, it's been awhile.
So, much going on!!

I hope to be consistent for at least the next 3 weeks, and then I'll be "on the road again." (sing it chicks!)

Okay so - to catch you up a bit ...

On August 30th I was 233.2 - my, at that time, lowest.
I then played in the "maintain" pool - sort of. I didn't eat nearly like I did pre-Feb ... but I didn't eat as well as post-Feb either. So, however - I did maintain somewhat.

I drove to VA to spend 4 weeks with my old college roommate - I wanted to help her get a jump-start on a weight loss regimen and because I'd lost 60 pounds since I saw her, last October, she was looking forward to hanging out together. I have been here since 9/29. We started SB phase 1 on Sunday 10/2. At the time I weighed 241.4 - today I weigh 230.8 -- MY LOWEST YET!!

And - my friend? She started on 10/2 at 312 - today 10/13 she is 299 ... she is PUMPED and my desire is being met that she is getting jump-started. I'm most excited that she had tree trunks for ankles and legs - and now? AMAZING!! You can see she has ankles.

OH AND!! I'm only 20 minutes from Trader Joes and you know I've been there already 3 times in one week --- LOVE THAT PLACE!!

I haven't caught up on reading - anything!
I'm not even sure where to begin -- Maybe with today's posts...

Until next time --
Old 10-13-2016, 11:54 AM   #217  

Default October 2016 goals

Hi ya,

Tacos in Texas: Paunchos, I mean Panchos, sounds like my body build. Wish the restaurant came east. It was a lot of fun getting out west, the turquoise, shopping in Juarez, White Sands, etc. It was back in the 70's. Don't know how safe Juarez is these days.

Getting Fit and Monte, we are all about the same build...lets keep it up, I mean let's get it DOWN. My car is a Honda Fit, because I got the exercise part down. I liked the Kia Soul, too, because of its name.

Everybody, lets find some other amusement than food.

215/215.2/214

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
EXERCISE: no swimming, walked 40 minutes, no abs, gardened a couple of hours.
DIET: no food mover, drank more water, skipped frozen yogurt and frappe, no fast food.
OTHER: gave some clothes away that were in bedroom.

GOALS:
EXERCISE: swim or walk 5-6 days/wk, abs, gardening.
DIET: food mover, record dessert, water, mindfulness, read book, don't eat when I am not hungry, don't eat in front of tv, standing up, in front of fridge, in car.
Other: sort stuff in den, bedroom, and garage.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:04 PM   #218  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
I've kind of fallen off the wagon. Eating everything in sight, won't even tell you the calories. Every few TOMs I get this way, which is unfortunate. Trying to get a grip on things again, so far no luck. Haven't lifted since last Wednesday, have to get a session in today to ward off the DOMS, but not really feeling it. Going to make myself a good chicken, rice and broccoli dinner, then hit that gym. I'm also going to start adding in some cardio in between my lifting days, because I'm sick of the scale not moving...I've GOT to get out of 210s this month!

Please send me lots of willpower, I really need it right now.
HEY THERE - good buddy!!
Here is what I have to say to you today (with love - of course )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x-fkSYDtUY

BTW - what does DOM mean??
Be kind and good to yourself - this will work out!

EDIT! I just read that on 10/10 you finished the driveway... AWESOME! When did you start? And you worked on it how many days?? So, my question is - don't you think that it is NO SURPRISE that you flat-lined a day later?? I think I was right on when I said "BE KIND AND GOOD TO YOURSELF!" There are MANY new habits we are learning on this journey and, IMHO, one of the most important and might be the MOST difficult ... is learning to TAKE CARE and BE KIND to ourselves. I'm guessing if you were listening to someone else describe their last week (and it was the week you just had) you might be more gentle with them, then you are/were with yourself. Just a guess... Kick back, reward yourself with a movie, some extra sleep -- when was your last game night?? Know that I send you a BIG BIG HUG!!

Later

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 10-13-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:40 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 10/13/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Chunk - Your story cracked me up! It reminds me of my mom hiding Easter eggs when I was little. She could never remember where she hid them. Inevitably, our dogs would be rooting around the backyard months later and would find and eat a rotten egg. Not good! Glad you are enjoying your break from calorie counting. I, on the other hand, have recently moved into obsession...calories ingested, calories burned, percentages of macros, etc. It has got to stop!

Diana - Great job on your food and exercise, as always. Congrats on your loss! You are getting close to entering into the 160s!

GettinFit - Great job on your food, exercise, and progress!

Nicoley - Congrats on your run!

Sundove - Hi! Great to see you!

Beloved - Congrats on your new low! You and your friend are an inspiration!

Teri - Great job on your walking and resisting the fro yo, frappe, and fast food!

Plan for today - calories 1,782; carb 107; fat 68; protein 197; sodium 3,063; sugar 48.

Exercise - walked 60 minutes, 3 miles with dogs, cardio at gym, 30 minutes; strength training, 20 minutes, lower body; stretching, 15 minutes. Calories burned, 601. I don't know, the estimation sounds high to me.

Water - 96 oz., am stepping up because I can't seem to get my sodium down.

Sleep has been good lately. Have added protein powder to regime, to boost calories and protein with my increased exercise.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-13-2016, 01:05 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Actually worked out 3 days this week thus far! 2 days were short and sweet, but started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred yesterday so hopefully by day 10 I see some differences.
I didn't eat horribly bad yesterday, but it wasn't amazingly well either. Under my calorie count - could've been better choices. After that work out I was starving!!!

Terri

I've never been to Juarez. The closest I've been to the boarder is South Padre Island, as of this past summer beaches are still beautiful.

Last edited by Tacos_in_Texas; 10-13-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:14 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedWarrior View Post
HEY THERE - good buddy!!
Here is what I have to say to you today (with love - of course )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x-fkSYDtUY

BTW - what does DOM mean??
Be kind and good to yourself - this will work out!

EDIT! I just read that on 10/10 you finished the driveway... AWESOME! When did you start? And you worked on it how many days?? So, my question is - don't you think that it is NO SURPRISE that you flat-lined a day later?? I think I was right on when I said "BE KIND AND GOOD TO YOURSELF!" There are MANY new habits we are learning on this journey and, IMHO, one of the most important and might be the MOST difficult ... is learning to TAKE CARE and BE KIND to ourselves. I'm guessing if you were listening to someone else describe their last week (and it was the week you just had) you might be more gentle with them, then you are/were with yourself. Just a guess... Kick back, reward yourself with a movie, some extra sleep -- when was your last game night?? Know that I send you a BIG BIG HUG!!

Later
Lol at that clip.

Yeah, probably no surprise I'm worn out. It's been a little more than a week since I started the drive, but really just 3 days of actual labor. But they were 10 hours full on days, and I usually spend my days parked on my behind in front of a screen. The problem isn't just that I ate bad one day...its been pretty much since Monday (the day we actually spread the concrete, and Day 1 of TOM, not a good combo). I didn't lift yesterday had a tiny little plumbing job to do for a tenant which turn into a mild disaster. We are actually supposed to have a game night tonight, but I'm not planning on going. My sister and her fiance are visiting this weekend, and will be sleeping at my house, so I've GOT to clean tonight. So basically for the rest of this week I'm just going to not worry about working out, and just eat at maintenance. Maybe I need a break, who knows. Start back fresh on Sunday.

I'm also in the process of buying a couple properties, which is a little stressful. Nothing major, but having to deal with bankers, lawyers, insurance etc is a pain, even though I've done this many times before. So the mental stress on top of the physical stress is probably just wearing me out. I haven't gained weight, which is amazing considering everything I ate, so I do have that going for me.

DOMS are delayed onset muscle soreness. You get them when you do an unfamiliar exercise. Like if you spend a couple hours on skates, and then can't walk down stairs properly for 3 days. As long as you workout regularly, you won't get super sore, so I try not to go more than a week between workouts. This one will be a little stretched (probably won't lift until Saturday, so 10 days, but the worst that will happen is my legs will be sore a couple days. Apparently muscles take a little while to figure out how to work efficiently, and then forget very quickly. They aren't very bright, lol.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:58 PM   #222  

Chunkahlunkah, thanks for the good wishes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkahlunkah View Post
My old scale appears to be working fine. And it's at least 10 years old! I wanted to replace it bc it doesn't measure by every tenth of a pound, only ever two tenths. For example, it'll say 145.8, but it never can read as 145.7.
I notice mine is the same. Although sometimes I can get on it with clothing. Then take off the clothes and it still says the same weight. So it can get stuck at a certain weight unless there is a big diff. I would like one that measured by the 1/10 of an ounce also.

BelovedWarrior awesome that you lost the weight. wow oh wow that is great. What is SB phase 1? Oh I just probably figured it out. You are on the South Beach diet?

Getinfit great job on the calories yesterday. Sounds like you are in a learning curve after switching from WW. That can be a precarious position to be in. I am sure you will prevail ! Thanks for the good wishes, btw

I hope everyone has a great Friday.

Last edited by flower123; 10-17-2016 at 03:05 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:34 PM   #223  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Quick one.

Belovedwarrior Welcome back!

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Cardio Pump workout 2 w/15's

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-13-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:04 PM   #224  

Hi Zonie Yay for sleep!

check in; completed 4 wks of no refined sugar/ processed carbs & going strong.
B tofu cubes, coffee with protein shake
L chicken/yam/arugula salad, homemade vinaigrette
D tofu roll ups /veggie burgers
S broccoli

Last edited by Sundove; 10-13-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:39 PM   #225  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default Oct 13th

Today was good. Ate clean and healthy for the most part. Total cals is 909. Today I did cardio and got in nearly 13,000 steps.
Closed Thread