Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 10:47 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 10/11/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Tacos - great job over the weekend! Hope you get your workouts in this week.

Monte - great job on your steps and the driveway! That is really impressive that you did it yourself! Question: is it better to increase your reps or increase the weight when strength training? Or both ? My goal is to reduce my body fat and shrink my size. thanks for your wise input!

Diana - sounds like you had a crazy day yesterday! Great job on your food and your loss!

FYML - great to see you! Great job on meeting your Set. Goal and good luck for Oct.!

Syck - sounds like you have a busy couple of days coming up! Enjoy the extra pay!

Kelijpa - congrats on your loss!

Teri - great job on your exercise and your loss!

Greetings and support to everyone I missed!

WI - 202.2; down 1 pound from yesterday.

Plan for today - calories 1,472; carbs 102; fat 64; protein 127; sodium 2,712; sugar 45.

Exercise - walked dogs 1.9, estimated to burn 280 calories according to mapmywalk.com. Additional cardio at gym, 30 minutes, estimated to burn 165 calories; total 450 calories. Strength training, upper body, 20 minutes. Stretching 15 minutes.

Water - 84 oz.

Got 6.5 hours of sleep last night. The good news is I was up early this morning so I could walk the dogs while it was still cool out. Did most of my Christmas shopping yesterday. Still have a couple of little things to add. Did I mention I cleaned out my closet on Saturday? Gave away 7 bags of mostly 2x and size 20s. Have a friend who is on a weight loss journey as well. After losing 50 pounds, she is now the size I was. So, she was happy to get some new-to-her outfits. Anything she can't use will go to a domestic violence shelter.

Have a great day everyone! Let's stay strong!
Old 10-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #182  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning,

I'd like to join this thread. I have been struggling to get back in a groove with my weight loss journey and this daily accountability thread is just what I need right now. I recently cancelled my Weight Watchers membership and now I am calorie counting instead. I appreciated the weekly accountability check with WW and found that it helped me stay on track during the week & weekend. I'm hoping that posting here daily will be what I need to get me going again and stay the course. My goal is to lose at least 20 pounds by the end of the year putting my back in onederland.

Thanks for letting me join.

Today's Weight: 219 (just got back off a cruise so I am up a few pounds)
Calorie Goal: 1400-1600 calories
Exercise Goal - 4-5 days a week for at least 30 mins
Old 10-11-2016, 11:45 AM   #183  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning! I got to sleep in until 7:30 this morning...AWESOME. They're letting everyone leave at 1 today, as most people (Jews) go home to get ready for a big dinner before they start their fast. I have to work all night, so I'm going in at 10:30 instead of leaving so that I can get stuff done that I haven't been able to get to lately with all the craziness. It will be nice and quiet and I'm going to shut the door to accounting and focus on catching up on all the AR that's been piling up!

So the scale went back down mostly 160.2 this morning. I need to get back to the point where I am never over 160! Soon, soon.

I am having coffee so far with International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer, and I'm going to have some steel cut oats with natural peanut butter before I get on the road.

Menu plans today:
b - steel cut oats, natural peanut butter
s - skinny pop
l - filet mignon (Omaha Steaks), organic green beans
d - tbd, not sure what I'll do since I'll be working and everyone will be fasting!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 10-11-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoniegirl View Post
Monte - great job on your steps and the driveway! That is really impressive that you did it yourself! Question: is it better to increase your reps or increase the weight when strength training? Or both ? My goal is to reduce my body fat and shrink my size. thanks for your wise input!
The thing with muscles is you have to keep making things difficult, or they won't grow. So technically, either method will work, but if you just keep increasing reps you'll eventually take all day for your workout. Generally, people will do 5x5 for strength and 3x8-12 for bodybuilding (first number is sets, second is reps). So with 5x5 when you can lift all 5 reps for all 5 sets, then you increase the weight. With 3x8-12 you keep with the same weight until you can get all 12 reps, then increase (you should be able to get at least 8 reps or the weight is too high).

Are you following a workout plan? It is generally recommend that you follow a plan rather than try and come up with your own method when you are a beginner or intermediate lifter. I personally use StrongLifts 5x5, with some added assistance, but there are quite a few good beginner programs. Most beginner programs are linear, while advanced programs are more periodic.

Lifting doesn't really reduce fat, that's all about diet. You'll still have to eat at a deficit in order to lose weight. But lifting will build up your muscle which will make you look better, even with a higher fat percentage. Also, with dieting you generally lose muscle mass along with the fat and lifting help make up for that loss, so you don't end up being "skinny fat" when you finish dieting.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:19 PM   #185  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post

today the scale moved, but in the wrong direction! I should be careful what I ask for!
Ha! The exact same thing happened to me!
I keep bouncing between 145.9 and 146.something. I've decided to take a break from meticulously counting calories for a bit. I'll still weigh every day though bc that's what I do.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 10-11-2016 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #186  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoniegirl View Post
H Did most of my Christmas shopping yesterday. Still have a couple of little things to add.
Wow! I have to start a standing O for you. Some years I've gotten my shopping done ahead of time, but too often I'm still buying things on Christmas Eve.

Love your clothes donation.

Monte - Your weights advice was helpful for me too. Thank you!

Teri - I'll try the black bean/brownie mix thing soon and let you know how it goes. I always have black beans on hand. I love them and have been meaning to learn some creative ways to use them, so this fits the bill.

GettinFit - Happy to have you here!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 10-11-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #187  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

so I had a sandwich for lunch instead...deli turkey, 2 slices reduced fat swiss, mustard, a smidge of guac.
dinner is going to be the filet mignon

I'll be here until around 11...gonna be a long night!
Old 10-11-2016, 09:10 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Terri- that sounds like a pancho's, I loved them when I was little and could eat baskets upon baskets of sopapillas. There aren't many around anymore and my last visit was disappointing.

Zonie- Thanks. Yesterday went well today, I've got to get some motivation. Works been crazy and I didn't make great choices for lunch.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:41 PM   #189  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

FYML Great job keeping up with your goals and not letting life get in the way.

Syckgirlfv Hang in there with the extra work.

Chunkahlunkah Hi

Kelijpa The temps have been really nice here since the storm went through. We thought it was really cool but the news said that we are running about normal now. I guess we were really hot prior to the storm. Great job with the downward trend.

Teri000
Great job with the accountability.

Tacos in Texas Hi

Zoniegirl
Congrats on the pound.

GettinFit Hi and Welcome to the check-in. Where did you go on the cruise?

MonteCristo Hi

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 10-11-2016, 09:42 PM   #190  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon + BHF's ranch

Exercise:

KCM's Lean Body Circuits - weights only premix w/15's
Old 10-11-2016, 10:29 PM   #191  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default Oct 11th

Today was on point. 879 calories consumed of healthy food, a double workout, and over 13,000 steps for the day. I really have to push for the rest of the month as I feel like I am in a rut. I will see what the scale has to say on Saturday as it is my two week weigh in.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:37 AM   #192  

Hi all
GettinFit welcome to this thread community !! I and at least one other person here tend to count calories and carbs. Both in combo are a winning solution for me. Although I have not been winning much lately
I hope everyone has a great day !!

Last edited by flower123; 10-17-2016 at 03:05 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:30 AM   #193  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Stretching and reading, lunch packed, saw 179.2 this morning, yippee, might have gotten a pound off this week, keep chipping away.

Syckgirlsfv wow, so busy! It'll be nice to get into that next decade.

Diana we're supposed to be above average next week, we've been having cool mornings then warm afternoons, yesterday I left my jacket there again, so now I have 3 jackets at work Hunter got his regular haircut Monday, glad I didn't have her leave it too long yet, he's so energetic when he gets it cut, must be like losing a couple pounds

Flower hope you're feeling better soon, when I make my soup for lunch I use low sodium chicken broth and some Mrs. Dash's garlic and herb, I eat the soup for lunch everyday, the sodium in regular broth was killing me,my favorite guilty pleasure is ramen noodle soup, sodium, carbs and fat all the way...yum

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 10-12-2016, 08:02 AM   #194  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 172.2
Down: .4

Have a great day!
Old 10-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #195  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning all

I had a good day yesterday. I ended up with 1600 calories. I didn't get in a workout but I plan on walking today. I brought my change of clothes in to work and I will walk at Stone Mountain after work. I'm looking forward to it as I love walking this time of the year. After 3 days of being OP, I'm feeling so much better and energetic.

W/I 219.2

Diana: I did the Western Caribbean aboard RC Allure of the Seas. I sorta overdid it on the food this time because I was with family who LOVES to eat and I just followed their lead . I will be doing the Eastern Caribbean aboard the Oasis of the Seas at the end of November but I will do better with my eating and exercise while on the ship.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!
Closed Thread