Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 04:22 PM   #136  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Lilbird!

Congrats on the 2 pounds!
Old 10-07-2016, 04:40 PM   #137  

Red face October 2016 goals

Hi there,

Diana, you look really great.
Sundove, is TTOM that time of the month?
Monte Cristo, was thinking about your playful cats. Lost my 20 yo buddy last year. I really miss him. I bond to cats the way moms bond to their babies.

Thanks again regarding info about water weight.

Weight is still going up. Ugh. BUT, food mover came in the mail!!!

216/218.3/214

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
EXERCISE: swim 70/50 laps past 2 days, no abs, some gardening, exercised jaw.
DIET: no frappes, small cone, jr frosty, two brownies, too many fiber bars to count...need to get serious and really record dessert, bought some healthy food.
OTHER:

GOALS:
EXERCISE: swim 5-6x/wk, abs, gardening.
DIET: record desserts, use food mover, 1 frappe/wk.
Mindfulness, read book, meditate, don't eat when I am not hungry, don't eat standing up, in front of tv, fridge, in car.
OTHER: sort boxes in den, bedroom, garage.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #138  

Hi, I'm back again. A difficult week - deadlines, work, a cold, TTOM a week earlier than expected... I was greatly discouraged when I found out that in the course of one day I managed to get over 4 pounds heavier and no matter how much I tell myself it's just bloating that is to be expected at the moment, it's just messing with my head, especially since I feel lighter. It's going slowly down, though. I absolutely blew my exercise and lifestyle goals this week (I did walk a lot almost every day, but, eh), but I am very pleased how my eating plan held up. I think I'm on to something here when in times of stress and generally bad mood it's still easier to follow the plan than to wing it.

Anyway, thank you again for all the support in the past weeks when I was getting increasingly buried in work because of the deadlines. Now I have a month and a half until the next project needs to be done, so I can relax a bit.

Lilbird: Hi and welcome. Sometimes you need patience. As Zonegirl said, you can be building muscle. Also some bodies apparently deal with sudden unusual activity by storing extra water for some time to replace the lost fat. You could try using other measures of progress besides weight, like your fitness level or such, to help with motivation when the scale gets stubborn, I think. Good luck on your journey.

Zoniegirl: Your dog looks so cute Almost as if he was thinking of some mischief - the look in his eyes is almost familiar, ours is a bit over a year old and a real tornado, always running all over the place and doing silly little things. Enjoy your karaoke night.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:37 PM   #139  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

Still doing well here. I have heard that the worst will be between 2 AM and 9 AM. Praying for the best. ETA: The wind is kicking up pretty good right night. UGH!

TTOM showed up today. Not sure what's up with that.

I have to share something. I have been trying really hard not to stress eat and literally praying on this. I get daily devotions from Charles Stanley. A couple times this week his devotion gave an example of something and it was about not overeating, drinking, etc. But not overeating was specifically mentioned. I was just washing dishes and listening to Charles Stanley on the radio. He mentioned overeating again! This is not a coincidence! I think I am safe tonight from overeating. I need to go on and brush my teeth and get cleaned up.

Total Approx 1475 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (500 calories)
Perkins Little Chick-adilla w/fruit (it's like a mini quesadilla) 500 calories

Dinner (575 calories)
sandwich made w/
2 thin slices Dave's killer break 120 calories
Olive Oil mayo 50 calories
lettuce (?)
1 piece ham 35 calories
2 pieces turkey 50 calories
2 pieces American cheese 120 calories
large apple 100 calories
vanilla Greek yogurt 100 calories

Exercise:
3 Mile walk w/Leslie
50 squats

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-07-2016 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:49 PM   #140  

hi all

Diana Stay safe. I hope the storm stays a bit east of the SC coastline. And you all will be spared. That prayer for help with stress eating sounds like it is working. Sounds like Charles Stanley is literally a god send.

Tacos in Texas and Lilbird you can do this ! Together power. Ups, downs and in between. We are a community. Together we are doing it !

Hi everyone else.

I hope you all have a great Sat. Especially Diana. I hope you are safe and dry.

Last edited by flower123; 10-17-2016 at 03:09 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:16 AM   #141  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Default Saturday 8th October ...

Hi Everyone!

I was about to check-in yesterday until my daughter Skpye-called me from the UK so I ended up having a nice long chat with her instead I do miss having her at home, but it's great to be able to chat with her and see her on Skype, it's almost like she's sitting next to me!

Well, I weighed-in yesterday and, not surprisingly, I've crept up a pound! Having two social things within the same week did not help my healthy eating plan at all ... I'm so annoyed with myself! I can see that this a going to be a long, hard slog, and I really need to get myself into gear! The weeks are creeping by, and before I know it March will be upon us when I'm flying back to the UK to find my wedding outfit ... I can't go on like this!!

Diana ~ I think I could do with a daily devotion from Charles Stanley! Hope all is OK with you regarding Matthew!! Stay safe!

Chunkahlunkah ~ Glad that you've arrived at a new low - keep up the good work! Mmmm ... Lindt dark chocolate sea salt ... I LOVE that stuff!! Have you tried the Lindt with chili ... it's amazing!!

Syckgirlsfv ~ I haven't got around to trying out the quinoa salad yet, but I did do a quinoa mushroom pilaf ... delicious! Hubby and I are really into quinoa at the moment and prefer to use it instead of rice.

nicoley73 ~ That Halotop ice cream sound delicious ... shame we can't get it here! Glad your scales are moving for you!

Zoniegirl and CoolMom ~ Thanks for the info ... I'll take a look at those language apps! Zonie ... I don't know why, but I can't see the piccie of your doggie ... just your original picuture I guess it's something to do with my own computer settings, but being a complete novice (idiot) when it comes to anything to do with computers, I have no idea what the problem might be, or how to fix it! ... I always have to wait for son or daughter to come home to sort out any little gliches!

Sassypants ~ Wow! Your grandma is 101 and still living at home alone? She must be any amazing lady!

Ameline ~ Well done for hanging in there, during a difficult week! I'm sure your scales will begin to move soon! Keep at it!

Tacos in Texas & Lilbird
~ to both of you! This a great place to come for support! Good luck to you both!

Thursday's Food ...

Breakfast ~ Porridge Oats made with Almond Milk, Grated Apple, Cinnamon and drizzle of Coconut Milk

Lunch ~ Homemade Minestrone Soup

Dinner ~ Duck Breast, Quinoa Mushroom Pilaf, Roasted Carrots & Brussels Sprouts

Last edited by Fat in Hong Kong; 10-08-2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:20 AM   #142  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Default Saturday 8th October ...

Continued ...

Friday's Food ...

Breakfast ~ Mixed Berries

Lunch ~ Avocado Salad

Dinner ~ SBD Buffalo Chicken Salad

I'm hopefully back on track now ... no forthcoming social engagements, thank goodness!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-08-2016, 07:11 AM   #143  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

We still have power, Praise the Lord! Please continue with the prayers for all who are in the way of Matthew.

Nothing for last night or this morning.

Calories for yesterday: 1475 +
Weigh In: 171.4 (TTOM?)
Down: .4

Have a great day!
Old 10-08-2016, 08:23 AM   #144  

Diana I'm so glad you have power.

Snapple

Zoniegirl Your long 3-dog walk sounds entertaining I never realized rabbits would chew wires. I'm glad your sleep is improved & hope you get back to your normal. I've had periods of sleep deprivation. Upping carbs a little helped me, and the shorter daylight in winter makes me sleepier. Also meditating--not intending to fall asleep but it works like a charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoley73 View Post
I do this a lot! But for me it backfires often, and I end up buying stuff I regret later. I'm having more luck right doing my shopping super fast so that I don't get tempted. And only buying what's on the list - with the exception of fruits and veggies - those buy whatever looks good.
Nicoley That sounds like a good strategy. I forgot about how tempting it can be just to walk past the off-plan treats--those visual cues have led me astray many times! The Whole Foods where I shop for produce has their bakery section right inside the entrance, impossible to avoid. Since I cut out sugar & refined carbs, it doesn't bother me.

Teri000 Yay on the Food Mover arriving! Sorry about the scale being disappointing. This thread has been a lifeline for me to stay accountable & get on track. Even when I veer, it's helped me rein things in & limit the damage. Hang in there & keep posting!
Yup TOM = Time of Month.
Lol re Sick Care, and too true.
What kind of fiber bars do you like? I can't keep any around--they call out to me. SoI just have a Quest bar once in a while--thankfully i can get them single at most grocery stores. Used to be I would have to mail order a box of 12--like keeping kryptonite in the house!
I bond to cats the way moms bond to their babies. I feel this way too. I'm sorry about your buddy. 20 yrs is a long time. That's a precious relationship. I had a cat many years ago who I felt was a guardian angel. Nowadays I get the same feeling from having wild bird feeders. Something about Mourning Doves reminds me so much of my cat. But if I gaze at them lovingly, they get spooked an flush, so not quite the same

MonteCristo I love reading about your functional workouts--that feeling of exerting to the point of being starving and earning the frappe points sounds delicious! Your other workouts intimidate me! How is The Benz?

Flower123 I hope you feel better soon

Chunkalunkah Wowza, WTG on getting back your energy and taking a long walk!!!! I really enjoy reading how you are trying out different foods, and still getting great results with wt. I'm still ing over the beenie weeinies but I would want to eat it all up in one sitting!

Everyone I missed, have a great day & Keep up it up... err, down. You know what I mean!

Check in ~1700 very hungry and overshot a little so went to bed a little too full.
B tofu roll up
L turkey chili
D Brussel's sprouts, protein shake
S turkey chili, tofu roll ups,

Last edited by Sundove; 10-08-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:45 AM   #145  

10/8
Weight - 139.8

Friday's food:

Breakfast:
Egg
Sausage patty
Banana bread

Lunch:
Chips and queso

Dinner:
Salad w/chicken and blue cheese
too many cashews

Midnight snack:
Jambalaya
Bread
Laughing cow cheese

Total calories: 2105

Exercise: 8911 steps

Went off track - was stressed about the speech I had to give yesterday for class, and stayed up too late watching Westworld on HBO. I'm ready to stay on track the rest of the weekend!
Old 10-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #146  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

Blood donation went well, after eating a can of spinach a day for four days my iron hem was 14.4, I think that's a record for me had pizza after, so up a couple from that, but feeling good overall. Dreary here today, but dry so far so hoping to get Hunter out for a walk.

Diana prayers sent for all in Matthew's path. Hope all is still going well for you.

Flower hope you start to feel better soon.

Nicoley we watched Westworld, too, I couldn't stay up for the second one

Best to all
Old 10-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #147  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

It's funny how multiple things like to be replaced at the same time. This morning, the batteries in my food scale lost their life force, and the toner in my laser printer gave its last drop. I've also accepted that I need to do some jeans shopping. The bigger ones I bought earlier this year have been loose but wearable for a few weeks, but now they're comically loose. Not the best look on me. I'm still about 20 pounds away from fitting into any of my old ones though, I'd estimate.

I'm up 0.6 on the scale today, but I'm pretty sure it's due to sodium. I basically drank the ocean yesterday, judging by my sodium count at MFP. I have low blood pressure, so doctors have been telling me for years to eat lots of salt. I've listened. The problem though is I'm also really prone to water retention. Today, I feel so overdosed on salt. It's like my blood cells are all throbbing with their own heartbeat. Not the most pleasant sensation. So yeah, I probably had a drop too much.

Teri - I'm sorry you lost your cat last year. I completely understand you about that bond. I lost my cat a couple of years ago. I still miss her terribly. I've had cats all my life, but she was the best I'd ever had. Cats all have their own personalities, and sometimes you find that perfect bond. My name here was actually one of my nicknames for her! Her weight would fluctuate at times. In her chubbier phases, I'd call her Chunkah Lunkah. Just a made up name. Her name was Jenny. What was your boy's name? Btw, I saw you mention about losing your posts because of timing out. If it brings you to that page where it makes you sign back in, just enter your username and password again. Then you wait a few seconds and it brings you back to your message so you can post it. For a long time, I thought my post was erased when I'd see that "sign in" screen. I was relieved to find it was always still there!

Ameline - You've been through a lot this week. I'm glad you'll have a break from deadlines.

Diana - That's great that you didn't lose power! Wow!

flower - Yikes, I'm glad that surgery worked for your uncle. How awful if he'd lost his sight too.

Nichola - Your daily eating looks very healthy to me. Have you calculated how many additional calories you take in at social events? Maybe the scale would cooperate if you aimed to cut the amount in half? It can be frustrating (but also motivating!) how small changes can make a big difference. I don't think I've ever tried Lindt's chocolate with chili. Next time! Oh, btw you can see Zonie's adorable poochy by clicking on her name or avatar in this thread. That brings you to her profile page which is where that pic is located.

Sundove - Trust me, you wouldn't be able to eat all the Beans and Weens. It's so filling! I've made a mental note of it as one of my Filling Foods. I think it took 6 hours for my appetite to even slightly return, and that was from just a 300 calorie serving! And thank you so much - it's amazing how much I appreciate just a simple walk now!

kelijpa - 14.4 hemo!

Have a great Saturday, all.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 10-08-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 10/8/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Lilbird - I forgot to mention that for me, my weight loss slows if my carbs or sugar are too high. I can't just straight calorie count like the "a calorie is a calorie" theory. For me, my body processes different calories differently. Consequently, I keep track of my maximums or macros and the try keep my carbs below 100, my sugar lower than 50, and my protein at about 100-120 per day. That seems to work for me. You might have to tinker with your macros to find what works for you.

Chunk - great job on walking! Thanks for comments re: my dog. I'm definitely a twisted sister...I love dark comedies like Grosse Point Blank, American Psycho, Edward scissorhands, etc. I'm glad you are having more energy and can go for a walk!

Teri - I'm sorry about the loss of your cat. I'm glad you had him for as long as you did...what a blessing! I'm glad your food mover arrived. Great job on your swimming!

Ameline - great to see you! I'm sorry you've had such a difficult week. Thanks for comments re: my dog. I love the puppy phase - they keep me smiling! Hope things ease up for you and this week goes well.

Diana - continued prayers for you and the others in the path of Matthew. I agree with you that the devotion was no coincidence. Divinely-inspired guidance, IMO.

Flower - hope you feel better soon and get some rest. Great job on your calories!

Sundove and Diana - my TOM is always due while I'm on vacation...never fails!

Hong Kong - thanks for the info re: my profile pic. From what you've said, maybe my phone upload did not work like I thought. The original picture was from my computer and I went to a free website to re-size it to the parameters. I'll tinker with it and see what I can do.i agree with you about weight loss being a long, hard slog. This journey is the most challenging thing I've faced in my life. For me, it is a study in cause/effect, emotional coping skills, persistence, consistency and long-term gratification. Let the wedding and fitting be your continued motivation! I know what you mean about time creeping by. I started in March of 2016 for my goal in June of 2017 thinking I had plenty of time. Now, with taking 6 weeks off for the summer, re-gaining 10 pounds during that time, and having to lose those pounds all over again...I feel like I'm under the gun to achieve my goal in time. And that added stress doesn't help my eating. So, I try to tell myself that any progress is better than no progress.

Sundove - thanks for your comments and support! Re: dog walk, I can't handle them all at once. I take the 2 little ones on one trip and the big baby by himself. And, it is a good thing I take the big one by himself because a bicyclist went by and it startled him. He did an unexpected flying leap like a circus acrobat or Spanish Lippazaner (spelling?) horse! I've never seen a dog do something like that before. It was all I could do to brace myself and not fall over and to stop laughing hysterically! I have to be ready for anything with him. Thanks for the tips re: sleeping. Your turkey chili sounds delicious! Keep up the good work!

Nicoley - good luck for the rest of the weekend! Public speaking stresses me out too.

Greetings and support to everyone I missed!

Plan for today - calories 1,202; carbs 83; fat 44; protein 122; sodium 2,127; sugar 42.

Exercise - none, thank goodness, recovery day.

Doing well, but exhausted! With the lower-than-normal sleep time, the increased workouts (4 straight days), the 45 minute outdoor walks (compared to my usual 15 minutes on the treadmill), and 3 meet ups this week, I think I overdid it. I was so tired I skipped my planned social engagements for Thursday and Friday. I might even skip church on Sunday. I'm glad to have a 2 day break.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend and stays strong!
Old 10-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #149  

Diana glad to know you are safe. Still praying

More later. Hope people's Saturday is good
Old 10-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #150  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

The power has flickered many times but it stayed on, so far. Praise the Lord! The backside of the hurricane was worse than the start. We are still having gusts. There are huge trees down around us, but none of ours have come down, so far. The trees didn't come down until the back side of the hurricane and it was leaving.

Check-In: Leslie Sansone's 1-2-3 Mile Super Fat Burner

Enjoy your day!
Closed Thread