Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 08:39 AM   #256  

Smile Simply Saturday! II

Here I am again.

Empress-- Good for you joining Curves- it may "shake" the muscle memory up enough to do the trick!!

I'm glad you're taking their scale w/ a grain of salt!
I wonder about the body fat measure too?? Isnt that related to the BMI somehow? I'm confused. From the little bit of the Discovery Challenge I remember, most of them had goals of about 18-20 %-- it seemed to me the closer folks were to goal the more it dropped too- If they told you something close to 30% I'd really wonder.

Arabella- Hope you're day went well with the MIL and ex-- I love the idea of a collective 5 minutes!! Since I am on EST, I'd be more available after 6pm EST Mon - Fri unless a weekend day is better for everyone. For instance,
Empress, how many hours difference between us? When its 9 pm EST is it 7 pm in AZ? And and 6 in OR??
I'm not sure.

Ceara- How goes it!?! Is the house quiet? Have you heard anything from Hawaii?

Anagram- I know the feeling!!! The grey skies and weather warnings are wearing us all down!! But I think the sun is out your way today!! I've already ventured out w/ the dogs and was suprised at how much yard I could see. More meltdown then I realized! Ahhhh, the Purple suit---- Easter is now about 6 weeks I think. Didnt you tell us you're going to a wedding? Perhaps the purple suit will fit then?? And if DH needs to eat more w/ Potassium then does that mean the worst is past or is this just a "fine tuning"?

Punkin- crafting weekends!! Sounds like so much fun- I used to get lost in the craft stores and wound up with boxes of stuff that either got mildewed or "out of style"-- after having to toss lots of it finally came to the conclusion that as much as I might want to, obviously not getting done. I still admire handwork and often will rescue an unappreciated piece at a yardsale as its just a sin to see all those hours with a $4 price tag.

I love the avatar too! It would be so much fun to have a poster size!

Wildfire- I think you're having a sunny day today too! Don't forget the sunblock!

Scooby--Its tough when everything is so grey. Do you have a CD player to listen to your favorites? I sometimes don't realize how much I miss my favorites until I hear them again and then am so glad I took the time. Can you go to work a slightly different route or run errands backwards or find some way to put a different spin on things?
and sometimes, just a good kick the wall and vent is so good for the soul!!! Just watch out you don't stub your toes!! Sometimes, if I realize a neighbor or even see in a stranger struggling to open a door or ....., I make myself help out for just that second and that connection for that second makes a big difference.

I tell you all, this week past, I was mentally "grab and stuffing" many times a day. But had my water and forced myself to drink instead. Wasnt nearly as satisfying at the time and I did have a few greenies writing lyrics of the "Poor Me" song but somehow, I was able to resist. Working on my resume did distract some but I admit, one night, the only escape was to bed.

And am thrilled to report that the scale showed a number I've been wanting for nearly 3 weeks now- but I must wait till Monday.

Now, let me go back and look at this challenge youv'e been discussing. I'm curious.

TO TODAY"S BEST CHOICES!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2003, 08:57 AM   #257  
deleted2

Hi! Just have time to do a quick check-in. [Have to turn my mind to working out or it won't happen today!]

Arabella, I love your idea of group meditation. I'm there!

Kaylets, sounds like progress with your work situation. It's so easy to just hope things will magically sort themselves out--but you're pushing to resolve things. Good for you!

Amarantha, glad you're back!

Anybody have any exciting weekend plans I can live vicariously thru?

Old 03-08-2003, 08:59 AM   #258  

Smile Just thinking about you!

Eydie! I was thinking about you and wondering how things were going!

And Frogger too! Hair? Wedding?
Old 03-08-2003, 09:00 AM   #259  
deleted2

Forgot to mention that I'm also having problems with overindulging.
I always forget how this journey cycles. Sometimes I feel like I'm perfectly on track and it's effortless, and then something happens and I'm "off" for awhile.

Old 03-08-2003, 09:26 AM   #260  
Empress/Queen

Kaylets: They used a hand-held biological impedence device and it was WAY higher than 30 and I just don't believe it! I doubt very many people are that high and I have fairly good muscle tone already from years of exercising ... also she seemed confused about one of the numbers she entered into the thing ... it doesn't matter to me either way, though, as I'm concerned with scale weight on my own scale and how I feel ... I've heard all that about scale weight being not the best measure, etc., etc., but I grew up believing in scale weight and it's been a consistent measurement for me ... always with that grain of salt ... she also discouraged me from seeking to ever get into my size 8s and I don't really go for that kind of negativity, as I will choose my own goals, thank you very much! But I really like the place and enjoyed the workout. I'm holding myself back from going again until Monday though, as I've been sick and don't want to push it. The BMI is different and I find it's a good measurement for me also ... it's a ratio of weight to height and you can find a lot of places online where you can find out yours ... I've had a chart on my fridge for years and it seems the goals are very relevant to me ... it isn't useful for highly athletic or muscled people.

I'm not sure about the time difference, to tell you the truth. Also, we don't have daylight savings time here for some unknown reactionary reason. Arizona is on Mountain Time (I think).

PROPOSITION: Guys, I don't know if this is bothering anyone else, but recent political events (which we've sort of silently agreed not to discuss, I think) have resulted in a proposed grim St. Patrick's Day deadline on things to happen or not happen in a certain world crisis. Somehow this has made me personally lose my taste for a St. Patrick's Day closure for our challenge. I would like to end this thread and post an Easter thread instead ... maybe tomorrow, since Easter is on a Sunday ... or rather, I'd like for someone else to do so (volunteers?). I dunno, maybe I'm crazy, but it just bothers me having that March 17 date as our deadline ... I don't think our weight and health goals are frivolous, in fact in light of events, I think health is of paramount importance, but it just bothers me ... I apologize for always jumping ahead and if the consensus is that everyone prefers to stay with the St. Pat's, I'll go along! Please post your thoughts asap so we can get something up if we decide to!
Old 03-08-2003, 09:32 AM   #261  

Smile Wow

Empress- I had no idea a "Date" had been chosen- I admit it, I can only watch about 1/2 of each news broadcast-

I am fine with whatever the group wants-

I wonder if Scooby is stopping by today- I bet she'd do a fantastic job starting a new thread.

But then of course, I know everyone would be awesome!
Old 03-08-2003, 10:17 AM   #262  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Sorry I did a fly by friends! I have had no will power as of lately and I am just trying so hard to not to gain instead of trying to loose. But I think I am ready again. I have run out of excuses. I am not stating a goal-not until a new "mini" challenge has been posted. Just want to see the numbers dropping on a regular basis. I am at 194 today. So sad... to admit.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:19 AM   #263  
Empress/Queen

Kaylets: The date is not firm with anyone exactly ... it's the deadline some factions are trying to set and it's being widely bandied about in the media as a date something might (or not) happen. To me, it just makes sense for us to move on to Easter at this time. There's just a doomsday feeling about it, to me. I agree Scooby'd be awesome, as would everyone ... (there's you, too!!!). Arabella be on a trip, methinks but likely wouldn't mind.

I think Punkin would likely go along with the change (sorry to speak for thee Friday but thou be not online on the weekend and we all know thy goodly nature, so I'm just betting it be ok)!!!

Anagram, Frogger, Wildfire, Ceara ... apologizing to those I don't mention, but you KNOW we need thy input also!!!!

Flower: Welcome!!! As thou can see, Amarantha be in a frenzy to change this to an Easter challenge. Wouldst thou be in for that?

Dunno, I've just got a gut feeling this'd be a good idea if everyone is in agreement. Anyone who still wishes to banish leprechauns could just mentally change them to bunnies ... although bunnies be rather nice, n'est pas? Or anyone who wants to stay on this thread could do so, but then we'd be doing two threads again ... Amarantha be stressing big time ... time to go back to work!!!
Old 03-08-2003, 12:39 PM   #264  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Default Saturday

Good P.M.

Easter be fine avec moi...I'll just follow along...this week has been a bit of a dud for me...not because of the media...I'm medially challenged, remember? , 'cause I refuse to listen...but other complicating events in my life have distracted me from my purpose and goals....so a restating/restarting is fine with me.
Self medication is good but there are so many calories!!!!!! (referring to wine)

Ceara
Old 03-08-2003, 12:41 PM   #265  
Hot Stuff

Seeing as I'm overrun with increasingly irritating green s, it's fine with me to switch to an Easter Challenge. I can say, though, that this week has been much better, and my sneak peek at the scale showed a 2lb loss. I'm all for Spring and fresh starts. (and there's no WAY I'll make that 10lb goal.)

I know I don't get on here much these days, but you all are in my thoughts as I go about my daily business. I hope that Kaylets can resolve her work problems, that somehow Punkin will find the magic with her guy and then EVERY day will be Friday, that anagram and her hubby stay strong in the health struggle, that frogger will get everything done in time to relax and enjoy her wedding, that Eydie will conquer in her self investigation, that Scooby will find happiness, MissWashu will find success in her new job, of Arabella chasing her grandson, of ceara and her determination, and I picture Amarantha with her beading while silently staring down the computer that demands she do her writing, I wonder how Senamay is doing with her family and schoolwork, and what the latest is with Flower and her boys. I often find myself thinking, "what would the girls think of THIS?" when I do things.

So in a nutshell, I don't think it matters what we call our challenge or which one we're currently working on. The important thing is that we stick together and support each other through the many ups and downs we all have.

That said, I think we all need a
Old 03-08-2003, 02:46 PM   #266  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Okay...Easter it is. I will be in LV hopefully and I will have the vacation in my mind to stay modivated! I would like to be under 180 mark by Easter. 14 pounds. Doable only if I excersice daily AND stay away from junk esp sugar. I haven't really tried lately and I am holding onto at least a few pounds of water. I will drink water like it is soda. I will excersice with my dumb bells until my gym is back together and I will walk daily and eat my veggies. I can be on double time for 6 weeks! I won't turn into some Jane Fonda nut case! I have 3 boys at home to slow me down!!!!
Old 03-08-2003, 03:51 PM   #267  

When I heard the date mentioned, it blew away some of my St. Pat's elan as well. Thinking, that's not fair but 'tis a petty thing in view of the other.

I've been slogging along and having great difficulty with this challenge the last week or so, so a fresh Easter start works for me as well. I will need to "rethink" a few things as to why this wasn't working for me this time. I think I managed to fend off enough s but it didn't seem to be helping the weight and the bloated feeling I've had for quite a while now. I may want to work towards the end goal instead of stressing on a daily basis (I'm often lenient with me and despite the No Guilt cards felt I had to be strict for the challenge. Usually it was just a relatively small amount of calories but I did feel nasty if I went over.) I also think the bug played some part in it all and am suspicious that my crazy metabolism went in a tailspin as well. Will focus and figure out my game plan.

Just had a nice outdoor walk. Some patches are showing brown, usually under trees or so. Still 4-5 inches over most of yard despite nice temps, etc. And cold again the next few days (baw!!).

Hoping to drive to see the princesses tomorrow. that usually puts me in the proper frame of mind. Tea is brewing, chair is calling. I'm off.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:30 PM   #268  
Empress/Queen

So, it soundeth as if most of us be in agreement that we'll switch to an Easter challenge thread tomorrow? And I do so agree, Wildfire, those s be increasingly irritating. Let's not tell them where we're going ... let's just sneak outta here at midnight and have a nice Easter challenge with everyone posting their own plan or goals, long term or day by day. I think some of us like the day by day and some the long term. Like Anagram, I'm going to rethink it all over the evening (after I finish some more work) Doesn't that sound nice and peaceful? Now we just need a volunteer to assume the honor of posting the thread and thinking up a cool name.

Scooby: Be thou there?

Ceara: I think there do be times when it be wise just not to listen! And a drop o' the vine ne'er hurt a dieter in the long run, methinks! Thanks for being here!

Wildfire: A is very much needed, methinks! Wouldst that the world be all in our group, then they would not fuss so much and only worry over workouts, bodyfat percentages, demon scales, employment, calories, insulin surges and whether a carb be complex or simple or whether to play at leprechaun vanquishing or bunny banishing or whether we want to be queens, wood nymphs or tribunesses today and whether the tea be green or black or jasmine blue.

Och, sure and begorra, I be disconnected, saith my irritating computer.

If MsWashu be out there, what thinkest thou on the new plan? Also, Senamay, are you lurking? Everyone? Post, post, post! We still have goals to pursue and Kaylets has a fresh supply o' No Guilt cards out there with our names on them. Let's skip on outta here into the Land of Easter Bunnies, Spring Flowers and Pink and Lavender Easter Bonnets!!!! The world will go on and so will we ... so let's set goals and get ourselves fit for the challenges ahead!

Ok? Ok.

Now if Amarantha could just focus on getting her job done, she'd be in good shape!
Old 03-08-2003, 06:49 PM   #269  

Smile Blue jasmine tea??

Hmmm- sounds interesting....

I just had to share these - thought it would be perfect for Saturday. I didnt write this- my life is almost this way but I'm not the author!

7 Reasons to Crawl Under A Rock

1. CURL UP AND DIE ...... I walked into a hair salon with my husband and three kids in tow and asked loudly, "How much do you charge for a shampoo and a blow job?"
2. PAD PLEASE .... An insurance man visited me at home to talk about our mortgage insurance. He was throwing a lot of facts and figures at me, and I wanted to follow as best I could, so I told my 6-year-old son to run and get me a pad. He came back and handed me a Kotex right in front of our guest.

3. HO, HO, HO ..... I was taking a shower when my 2-year-old son came into the bathroom and wrapped himself in toilet paper. Although he made a mess, he looked adorable, so I ran for my camera and took a few shots. They came out so well that I had copies made and included one with each of our Christmas cards. Days later, a relative called about the picture, laughing hysterically, and suggesting I take a closer look. Puzzled, I stared at the photo and was shocked to discover that in addition to my son, I had captured my reflection in the mirror wearing nothing but a camera!

4. LADY GOLFER ..... I was at the golf store comparing different kinds of golf balls. I was unhappy with the women's type I had been using. After browsing for several minutes, I was approached by one of the good-looking gentlemen who work at the store. He asked if he could help me. Without thinking, I looked at him and said, "I think I like playing with men's balls."-

5. NUTS ABOUT YOU ..... My sister and I were at the mall and passed by a store that sold a variety of nuts. As we were looking at the display case, the boy behind the counter asked if we needed any help. I replied, "No, I'm just looking at your nuts." My sister started to laugh hysterically, the boy grinned, and I turned beet red and walked away. To this day, my sister has never let me forget. 6. PRICELESS ...... A lady picked up several items at a discount store. When she finally got up to the checker, she learned that one of her items had no price tag. Imagine her embarrassment when the checker got on the intercom and boomed out for all the store to hear, "PRICE CHECK ON LANE THIRTEEN, TAMPAX, SUPER SIZE." That was bad enough, but somebody at the rear of the store apparently misunderstood the word "Tampax" for THUMBTACKS." In a business- like tone, a voice boomed back over the intercom. "DO YOU WANT THE KIND YOU PUSH IN WITH YOUR THUMB OR THE KIND YOU POUND IN WITH A HAMMER?" 7. MOM'S ADVICE ..... A teacher noticed that a little boy at the back of the class was squirming around, scratching his crotch and not paying attention. She went back to find out what was going on. He was quite embarrassed and whispered that he had just recently been circumcised and he was quite itchy. The teacher told him to go down to the principal's office. He was to phone his mother and ask her what he should do about it. He did it and returned to his class. Suddenly, there was a commotion at the back of the room. She went back to investigate only to find him sitting at his desk with his pen!s hanging out. "I thought I told you to call your Mom!" she screamed. "I did," he said, and she told me that if I could stick it out till noon, she'd come and pick me up from school"

Empress, I'm thinking if Scooby doesnt happen by morning, I'll open for her and then when she does happen by, we'll see if she'll accept the nomination for this new challenge. Whaddya think??
Old 03-08-2003, 08:24 PM   #270  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Earlier I wrote a long reply and the site did it's error thing again and I just gave it up!!!

Kaylets: I'm ROTFL and also recognizing my life ... thanks for posting that ... I'm going to send to a friend who needs a laugh!

It'd be good if thou wouldst post the thread tomorrow, Kaylets ... and I'd bet Scooby wouldn't mind if thou be nameth the official starter-upper of the whole shebang! It seemeth it might be thy turn anyhow ... or you guys could be co-hosts ... whatever thou and Scoob decide would be goodly!! (Notice how we're just making decisions for our absent colleagues ... now THAT'S the way to run a challenge! )

I'm pumped and ready for the Easter parade and I even have my bonnet all picked out!!!

Thankee for steppin' up to the plate, Kaylets, and Scooby in absentia! Woo-hoo we're hoppin on down that bunny trail (no s must learn of our plans lest they follow and spoil our fun)!

Still working, gotta go.
Closed Thread