Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 10:32 PM   #226  

Been having server problems. So I'll be quick, just in case.

Lost a yesterday but think I'll be holding onto #16. Over by just a bit caloriewise. Close call but I think just a bite or two too many and I'll have to keep this fellow around with #s 8 and 10. I don't think they're any happier sticking around than I am having them but as long as they're not ganging up on me, it's ok.

More on the morrow if the server be compliant.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:23 AM   #227  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry .... voila, dreams do come true - with a LOT of hard work!

Yes indeed, it's just like magic Just decide what you want, work really hard to achieve it, and your dream can come true! Thanks, Punkin. That sounds like the plan!

O - I forgot to report on the week's results. No poundage gone, but I had the sense to take my measurements last week, and have lost an entire inch from my bust and .5 from each of waist and hips. Nothing from the thighs yet but I know from the past that I lose it "top down." Maybe THIS week I'll have a loss...

Amarantha, you are so on for that trip! Wooooo-hoooo! What a blast we would have! Of course, I would have to get to Arizona first, but I have always wanted to spend some time in the southwest. O, and of course, there is that little matter of winning, but fun to think about anyway. Yup, I'm just using the challenge as a weight-loss tool.

Re: exercise and the challenge - it seems to be mostly geared towards non-exercisers. It would be better for people with our sterling habits if they accepted higher levels of activity gracefully, instead of telling us that 3 days of flexibility exercise was "too much." I will soon have "too much" in all their categories, but I insist that it's good for me!

Punkin, too bad you can't wiggle a little time into your flight schedule. Wouldn't a face-to-face be exciting!

Kaylets, I do believe I have gotten here before you today, in time to send you : for your workday. I am quite peeved with these people messing with our of Positivity! How dare they! I hate dealing with people in those kinds of situations. I always like to go forward on the premise that people will be fair and that logic will reign. And sometimes I run into the occasional person that refuses to work that way, but I've never had the misfortune of being set into a nest of the vipers. Good luck, Sweetie!

Eydie, Wildfire, Scooby, Frogger, Miss Washu, all mentioned and unmentioned -- Let's make this a great day . Remember, our dreams CAN come true! Woooo-hoooo!

Last edited by Arabella; 03-05-2003 at 04:29 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:36 AM   #228  

Smile Wacky Wednesday

Hello all!!

Arabella, I could feel your vibes even as the computer warmed up!!
Most of the folks are harmless enough but its an entirely different "culture" than I've experienced before. If I was still bartending or in the Stained glass factory ( or insert wet-dry factory) -- the noise volume would fit right in-- But we are a professional company wooing law firms and etc to do their corporate filings. Consequently, we need to speak w/ state offices or officials in international jurisdictions- Often times I am actually holding my hand up over one ear to catch all of the phone conversation. Never mind the impression I'm giving w/ all the background noise.

Good luck on the asst editor position! Hope it works out exactly as you want!

Eydie-- What a clever idea !! I hope everyone can view your email! I love your haircut ! Your niece is a cutie too! Going to be a beauty like her Aunt.

Empress- the Yikes Icon is pretty much what I've looked like !
Hats off to you for knocking more greenies out the door!

Anagram- You're doing great too! So, tell us more about DH's "diet upgrade" -- Is this just a trial ? Sounds as though he is still steadily improving!!

Punkin- Very cool to hear from "the guy". Isnt it great to know he enjoyed your conversations as much as you did?? Everything will work out!! However its supposed to!! How nice to be on family land!! So neat!! And I love your avatar! I want a full size one for my cubby !!

Frogger-- May I suggest another hairdresser?? The only time I've heard of what happened to you is when dye is covering gray hair.
Some hairdressers just don't know how to deal w/ grey hair.
Believe me, everytime you look at the wedding photos you will wish you had ..... YOU DESERVE IT, after all, you've been doing great on plan !! ( I don't think you mentioned grey hair either did you?)

Wildfire-- How goes the battle? common refrain of mine is "work ethic" but its really more than that isnt it?? For those of us whose "productivity" isnt as easily measured, its really sleight of hand and "perception". A senior person in my unit has told me from the beginning, "yes, that's procedure but there isnt time to do it that way, " and I see exactly what she's telling me now.

Scooby- GLAD to see you're feeling more like yourself! keep comign back to see us!

MissW- Seems like your rainy weather came east! Its pouring buckets this am! Hope you sent Spring this way too!

Worked on my resume some as two friends know of openings.
One place would be a real hike- an hour in good traffic but .....
The other would be closer... also spoke w/ my mentor yesterday who made me realize I wasnt overreacting as I was the 4th person she had heard had similiar issues w/ new boss. Evidently, common knowlege on the floor is that this is common with him, " but this was discussed in our meeting" - your word against his-- I have written my answer to his " You need to think about what is your problem w/ the work flow" and will have same mentor proof it for me. I did my best to be neutral although I did restate my position that when the office is short staffed, and I send out a greater volume of work its only natural that when the completed work comes back from the state, it would come back to me.
We did have a large training meeting w/ charts and what have you. On some complicated filings regarding mergers and etc. This doesnt faze me as there are charts and each situation has its own peculiarities. Boss was in the room and I was glad so he could see how deep this type of processing could become and how much time just the prepping takes. Word of my current situation is out all over the floor ( his "meeting" w/ me took place out in public) and I was asked again and again thru out the training-- "Do you have questions, are you confused?? ...." But I was following the logic of it all--- Then I realized that company procedure actually could make a real problem for the client . I made sure my question was asked in way that made it sound perhaps I didnt understand the chart but when it was clear, I did understand the chart-- Their answer was " That's how we always do it" Luckily, 2 other team members originally from other units spoke up and reinforced my position that we coudl be doing the client a disservice.
So-- a small mental victory for me. I understand the concepts of what the states require- its the corporate procedures that don't follow!!!!!!!!

Wednesday's thought is:
"What we do today, right now, will have an accumulated effect on all our tomorrows"-- Alexandra Stoddard

Take care all!

Last edited by Kaylets; 03-05-2003 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:07 AM   #229  
Momma Frog

Hello All!

Kaylets-I have a few "whites" not grey, just white!!! We go prematurely grey in my family. Had them since I was 16. This color is rediculous!!! My hair takes color quite quickly and well, even though I have a mass of it and it's very thick and curly. I washed this morning and now my roots are flaming red that's fades into an auburn down to my ears and then brown past that. Now I'm a calico cat. What the ****!!! Ponytail day for me today. It's not as noticable that way. I'm stopping on the way home to get a home color. I'm really good at those. I can't stand it anymore!!! Tommorow I'll be streaked or pokadoted or something. Never going back there again!!! Chestnut should cover it nicely. That's about a half shade darker than au'natural.

Other than that, everything is good. I snuck onto my scale last night and was 2lbs lighter than I was friday. But offical weigh day is friday so I'll go with that number whatever it may be.

Have a good day!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 07:46 AM   #230  

OK! Where is this photo of Eydie and niece? What clever idea? I wanna see! I wanna know! Here's my email address, in case anyone wants to keep track:

[email protected]

Old 03-05-2003, 11:19 AM   #231  
Is it Friday yet?

Ahhhhh....

2 weeks from today I'll be driving back home from the trip I really don't want to go on. My Mom just gave me her carry-on luggage bag. Criminey, I guess I'm really going....

Arabella - Or, I should say, the incredible shrinking Arabella! Congrats on the non-scale victory!
Yes, a face-to-face would be nice - but I almost feel like I'd rather not meet him at all if I'd only have 15 or 30 minutes to spend talking or visiting with him. I don't want to have to watch a clock the first time we finally meet... I guess I'm a bit 'all or nothing' and since I can't have it all this time - I'll opt for nothing now and wait for later.

Kaylets - Hasn't your boss ever been in your position? Has he ever done your job? I think it should be a rule, or law or something that he has to have actually done what you do before he can be your boss - how else will a boss understand? And I agree, all that noise in the background can't be making a good impression on the client - to them, your office probably sounds unprofessional and chaotic.

Frogger - Oh wow... it sounds like you've got a botched color job! I don't think I'd go back to that person - but find someone who could maybe fix it? I don't think you should look like a calico!

everyone!

Terri
Old 03-05-2003, 02:15 PM   #232  

Default icecream on a tin roof

HI All

Pumpkinseed so never actually met this guy? This sounds so romantic! I understand that you dont want it done in all of 30 minutes. Not enough time to fall in love. Maybe get a quicky ..but not good love

Im feeling tired today its dreary here however i will try to make my kick boxing class tonight. Had a 80 year old man try to pick me up today in the grocery store...that was flattering.

He was very cute and sweet. Just couldnt give him my number...to wierd.

SO i hope everyone is having a happy hump day. Only 3 more hours till its time to go home.

Talk to you later. Thanks for the welcoming of my postings!

Sheryl
Old 03-05-2003, 02:28 PM   #233  

Hello,

Yesterday's departed well ahead of schedule. Rollerblading was fun! I only fell on my *** once. Lucky me, the only person to witness it was a sweet elderly woman that informed me that "You should really wear a helmet, dear " Hey, I know how to land on my *** and nothing but the ***! My tailbone is sore today...

Frogger - one of my H.S. buddies had those genetics too. I think she noticed the first whites showing up our Junior year... 'bout 16 -17 I guess. Lucky for her, she liked to keep her hair platinum blond. I have faith in you w/ that home kit. I mean really... what a botch! (Ok, I personally would love, and have tried to get, that calico effect.) But how hard is all-over dark-brown??? I'd be walking in there, as is, and asking for a refund.

yeah, where is this photo of Eydie and neice. No fair confusing the rest of the thread.

Punkin - I that avitar. Where did you find it? BIG smiles about your guy I agree w/ your time limit theory, no fun if you've only got a few minutes.

Kaylets - As soon as we see spring again I'll send it your way. Let's jsut skip straight to summer, ok.

Ok, seriously, today is tax day. I'm not doing another thing 'til the bills are paid and my taxes are done....... I'm drinking water, and doing my 'pit-stop' exercises, and getting this s**t done!

I'll be back.
-W-

Last edited by MissWashu; 03-05-2003 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:25 PM   #234  
Is it Friday yet?

Scooby! A quicky????
(Gods isn't there a little symbol for falling over laughing??). "Hi, nice ta' meetcha' - come here in this bathroom stall n' strip, buddy!" Hooooohahahahahahaaha! (scary that my mind had already gone there and the little moral part of me said "no you hoochie momma, you can't do THAT!")

So, Scoob, no, he and I have never met face to face - we've only talked on the phone, for almost 2 years. Damned near every day of the week.... I've talked to him more in that time than I have my best girlfriends! But anyway, no, no quicky... and I can't even say it's "love" - but it's definately interest - and part of me that just knows he'd be perfect "if only...". Even my ex husband didn't make me feel this good and laugh this hard - and the biggy - we never were friends.
Very sweet about the ol' guy trying to pick you up - sweet, but a little strange...

Miss Washu - If only they made *** helmets! LOL! If that's gonna be how you fall just watch your wrists - I broke my right wrist falling on my bum (reached down with my hand to brace my fall). Rollerblading sounds fun though! I've heard it's like ice skating, is that true? I loooove ice skating...
The avatar came from a client of mine that works for the US Coast Guard (military folks are a funny bunch). PM me your address and I can send it to you.

Toodles for now!

Terri
Old 03-05-2003, 06:20 PM   #235  

yeah, *** helmets! You're right about being careful w/ the wrists. A couple of years ago I was a snowboard instructor and that was the first thing that we taught the newbies... how to fall w/o putting your hands behind you. Very important! It IS alot like ice-skating, but easier IMO.

well, I'll be back again later. Got a little green man riding on my heels. Just a couple more steps and I think that I can trick him around to where I can kick him off the isle. *punt*

-W-
Old 03-06-2003, 06:23 AM   #236  

Smile Terrific Thursday

Hello all!!

Big goings on at the job yesterday, either a big announcement or such....VP's in sight... boss whispering to some.... if a reorganization is imminent, the only contol I'll have is outside the company. All the unnecessary items from desk drawers and etc were taken out the night of my deep clean. This company brings you a big box when you're being led out the door-- I'd prefer just having to grab my purse and be gone. I'm not one for lots of things around the desk and if I leave TOM stuff in a drawer, so what.
Up until yesterday, I didnt think this was a real possibility but the mood changed yesterday about 2:30 and I've been working long enough to recognize those kinds of vibes. Also, as I said, open discussions about a coworkers performance are commonplace-- its interesting how many are becoming quiet when I come back to my desk, etc.
Also, wrote an email to my boss regarding my thoughts of "What I think my problem is" which I had proofed by my mentor. It was professional and calm --- and in black and white. ( to avoid the 'I did too tell you that') -- His response was disappointing. He said 'we'll discuss this next week one on one " .

Punkin- no, he's never done my job-
There are a couple of interesting twists regarding a relationship the boss has w/ someone in the unit also. Not romantic but still troubling.

Anyway, resume's almost ready-- just having a formatting issue- why is it always so much easier to just redo the document???

Scale showed .5 down- would love to see that next Monday too.

One thing for sure-- am not going to let their kind of insanity add pounds back ! ( or I hope I'm not going too!)

Thanks all, you really are the best-

Today's thought is:

"When you bow is broken and your last arrow spent, then shoot, shoot with your whole heart" --- Unknown

To today's best choices!
Old 03-06-2003, 07:22 AM   #237  
Momma Frog

Good Morning All!

Suffering with alergies this morning. Nose is stopped up/runny sneezy. Itchy eyes. Drainage/upset tummy/sore throat. The works. Everyone here started yesterday with the alergy attacks. Mine was a bit delayed

Will weigh in tommorow and see what the damage is for this week. Haven't felt much like eating here lately. I had pretzels for lunch yesterday. Just a sandwich ziplock filled halfway with the mini pretzel twists. And I was full for some reason. Didn't eat until dinner after that.

Just wanted to check in see how everyone's doin.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:29 AM   #238  
deleted2

Punkinseed, what are you going to do? I really understand not wanting to meet 'the guy' and have only 20 minutes. What's your plan? Do you know what he looks like even? Ooh, this is so exciting!
I like the new avatar too--altho I kinda miss the pouting kitty with a mohawk!

MissWashu--glad you like the rollerblading, it always looks like fun. I don't think I have the balance for it, but I might try it. But you know....you really should wear a helmet, dear.

Kaylets, I've been thinking about you. Work can be so weird, or the people one works with can be weird beyond all human understanding!!!!! I work at a place with a very small staff and it's unbelievable the things that get started. Don't know what the answer is.

About the picture that you keep hearing about: I'm slowly collecting e-mail addresses and then I'm introducing myself with a photo. [To those that've already seen, it's interesting that you only see see my face, huh? I'll have to gird my loins [?] for a full length shot!]

Off to work!
Have a good day, folks!

Old 03-06-2003, 07:44 AM   #239  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile Thursday!

Aim in' for a good one.

Was thinking of Empress A...at 2:30a.m. as I drove my DD to the school.... Man I don't know how people stay awake then...although there were lots of stars......and the roads were good. DD is off to Hawaii....school trip...basketball tournie..lucky thing. She has worked hard for this the past 2 years though...and I'm glad for her. They should be near Chicago by now.

Have a full day....am on vacation and will likely do nothing much for me...have a couple of meetings to attend and some typing to do...ho hum.

Will swing by later 'gators.

Ceara
Old 03-06-2003, 08:38 AM   #240  

Angry Good morning!

We've got that "Winter Wonderland" thing happening here again --- ICK! Had to take the car in for servicing and the roads were really crappy.

I've got an interview for the Assistant Editor job. The editor-in-chief of all the sites said that my location is a disadvantage, but that the ed. and assistant ed. of the site I've been writing for speak very highly of me and that they want to talk to me anyway. Hope it's not today, because I feel brain-dead. Someone seems to have filled my head with oooey-gooey marshmallow fluff. I'm thinking I'll try and take it easy today.

Ceara, funny how those middle-of-the night times have consolations for us, isn't it. I'm usually asleep before 10, but when something has me awake in the wee hours sometimes it's like a whole other world. I love the quiet out of doors, and the stars -- being alone out there seems to let me connect to the natural world in a special way. My other wee-hours connection is when I've got my grandson over and he wakes. I just scoop him up and take him to the living room and he snuggles for a long while. Ordinarily, he's a bit too busy for cuddling, so it's very sweet. Even if I have trouble keeping my eyes open.

Kaylets, I really feel for you in your situation at work. I know when I've been in situations like that it can make me feel physically ill. Remember we're all with you, if you ever feel ganged-up on or alone at work. . Tea and sympathy, comfy chairs around the fire await.

Eydie, it's so nice to have a picture of you! I love seeing what my friends look like. I'm going to see if I can post a pic after I finish this message. I don't have one with my new haircut yet though.

Frogger, I think I feel similar today. I almost wasn't going to mention it, because I feel like I've been b**ching about my health all winter. I'm beginning to wonder about the air quality in my house, what with 3 cats and all

All mentioned and unmentioned: Let's make this a good one! Take good care of yourselves -- love to all...
Closed Thread