Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 11:28 AM   #241  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday-eve!

Had a blast last night with my Mom. We went to Michael's and spent money like it wasn't our own... I have a ton of stuff to do this weekend now - frame and put up a new picture, paint a wrought iron candle holder and arrange all my faux ivy on top of my cabinets (hoping to keep the evil cats off the top of them!). Fun!
Today it's so windy I wouldn't be surprised if we loose power. News is saying we're having gusts of 60+ mph. So, if I'm not back - you know what happened!

Kaylets - I donno'... sounds to me like getting layed off would be a blessing! Good luck on that resume.

Frogger - Feel better soon!

Eydie - No, there's no solid plan now other than "someday when we're both in the bay area..." I have seen a picture of him, from a year or so ago and my idiot brother showed him one of me when I was a goofy 17 year old.

Ceara - I hope your daughter has a wonderful time! Perfect time of year to go to Hawaii...

Arabella - Good luck on the interview! Tell us how it went!

Not gonna do much today - got no sleep last night because of the wind so I plan on going straight home and crawling into my pj's!

Toodles,
Terri
Old 03-06-2003, 03:43 PM   #242  

Terri - thaks for the avatar. It's nastty windy up here too. 30mph gusts. and of course I live in a windtunnel.... it comes right off of the water and pushes through the line of apt buildings right here. I'm sure that it's not 1/2 as bad farther into town.

Kaylets - I say good ridence. Your situation is very familiar to me. And though $$$ issues suck now, I am so much happier (about myself, my life, and everyhting else) w/o that kinda crap.
Sorry to say, this new job has drawn me into old teritorries. The above situation being one of them, so just recently I was reminded of a certain person's stupidity.... I need to learn how to let the past go.

So according to this challenge, one more left last night. However, I skipped dinner, went to a meeting, and came home starved @ 10pm to eat most of a pizza. Then of course my tummy didn't feel good and I went straight to bed.... did someone mention seatbelts on this here wagon? O-well.

to everyone not mentioned so far, hello! I'll be back, I hope that ya'll are having a good day.

-W-
Old 03-06-2003, 04:38 PM   #243  

Way to go. Missed a day and a half and so far behind. Frogger, how about calling the manager and asking him/her to make good on the dye job. If no one complains, others will get bad dye jobs too and they should be willing to correct their work.

Arabella, good luck on the editor interviews. And Kaylets, how terrible to have to deal with all that. (Been there - worked once at a place where there was such incredible behavior on behalf of one co-worker that I still think it must have been just a bad dream.)

Ceara, how great for your daughter! What a great opportunity at her age.

Was up .4 lb yesterday at weigh in. Not too surprised as last week's weigh in was in the midst of the stomach bug.

Kaylets, dh's low potassium diet has his potassium a bit too low so he's temporarily allowed some additional foods. We've been hitting some restaurants for them and his appetite is decidedly improved. Had dropped another five pounds last month. Life is getting better but still nowhere near where we were in Nov. However, beats the alternative.

I've been feeling very draggy lately and suspect thyroid took a little dive again. Saw dr today on routine check and he had blood work drawn. So we'll see if it's that or "rotten winter syndrome" that will just go away when spring comes. have had trouble chasing with all this draggy but rid of one yesterday - sort of don't think it will happen today as seem to be super draggy and don't think I'll get exercise in. Also feel like I could eat a house.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:46 PM   #244  

Crawling into the pjs early sounds like a good plan, Punkin. Did it last night and it's looking good for tonight. Must watch Emeril though as I understand my niece-in-law and nephew are SUPPOSED to be on tonight's show and seated where they get to try the meals. Hope my info's good. But knowing the vagaries of tv scheduling, not counting on it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Friday this week too - more than usual. Hopefully Mr. Sun will shine. Had lots of snowflakes today (and rain). Mostly just nuisance stuff but so gray again. Yuk!

Have been having server trouble but looks like they got their act together and maybe I'll be able to keep up better. I really need a new computer as well but it seems easier to hang in with the "devil I know" than go to the effort of a new one right now. It would make too much sense to just go get a new one. Maybe soon.

To all unmentioned, hope you're having a good one.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:10 PM   #245  

Smile Thursday evening!!

Hello all!!

Seems as though some of us are having system problems??

Empress- I recvd your email, hope you can find your way back here- just in case, I'll email you too. My first try here tonight knocked me all the to the dreaded "FATAL ERROR" screen. and now after going thru safe mode and etc, not acting right either.

We'll see!

Pull up the chairs gals!! Went for an "off the record" chat w/ ex supervisor today to get some perspective on how "poorly" I had been doing-- This person is a straight from the hip and wouldve told me if I was in trouble months ago but still..... And she told me, I was the 4th person from the unit to go and see her!!

I nearly didnt go, had pretty much talked myself into the idea that I was overreacting BUT then, early this am, overheard a discussion that began with a simple suggestion but then in response, I heard that nasty tone of voice again. Thought I was wrong but now the boss was going after the most experienced, most hardworking member of the unit. Although this member was caught off guard by his reaction, she recovered nicely ( how I wish I could do that instead of just standing there tongue tied)
and pointed out that if she felt overwhelmed, how must less experienced people feel?? I couldnt make out the rest but I can guarantee you, that member is someone you want as an ally. And you'd love to have as an ally, professional, level headed, and always willing to help.

So, I feel like my legs are back underneath me and am going to request my "meeting next week" be scheduled EARLY next week becuase I feel its very important to know what his expectations are before any more time goes by. Also, I am going to explain that if he is that upset with something I have done, I would prefer to be told in private rather than before an audience. And that I really do not respond well being spoken to in such a tone of voice. and we'll see what happens from there. If I meet resistance, I will go to the next step.

After all, doesnt he know who he's dealing with??
It is I, Queen of Quotes!!!
Old 03-07-2003, 06:20 AM   #246  

Smile Fabulous Friday!!!

Here we go Friday, here we go!

Slept in late so just a quick one.

Here's to everyone -- a quick touch on shoulder, a clink of a tea cup, let me push this footstool closer for you.....Everyone comfy???

The Royal Cleaners from the Palace just freshened the whole room ....

We're ready for the weekend!

Empress, hoping you can find the forum now-

Today's thought is:

"Real charity doesn't care if its deductible or not"--- Annonymous

To today's best choices!
Old 03-07-2003, 06:48 AM   #247  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Happy Friday!

I do not know why I am so cheerful, since I am off to visit my ex and ex-MIL at dawn tomorrow. Nevertheless, I am! Well, it's really only for a day, and the idea of a quiet road trip (I know my son will be asleep as soon as we get going) seems not unappealing. They're calling for snow on Sunday, but I hope it won't be too bad. DH has finally decided he's looking forward to the weekend on his own, so that's good.

I have an idea that I'd like to try if you agree. I'd like to find a time when we can all, wherever we are, take five minutes to meditate on our collective weight loss efforts and general health and well-being. I really believe in the power of thoughts and wishes, and I would love to do this at a time when we can all do it at the same time. How does everyone feel about that? Can we try to coordinate some time next week, if you all like the idea?

Kaylets, I love the way you're handling this situation at your work: taking control, which always feels so much better in all aspects of our lives, doesn't it -- hey, just realized that's the slogan I borrowed from you for my signature. I really believe that taking control is essential for our mental health. You go girlfriend!

Amarantha, hope you've found your way back to us. Sure miss you when you're not here! I have missed my calorie target for the self challenge a couple of days in a row, both times because I allowed myself to eat other than at the table when I was alone. I will get it firmly into my head that I cannot do that.

Anagram, I hear you with that "rotten winter syndrome" - I feel so much better in the summer. Really haven't felt fully well since January. I suspect that if I spent more time outside in the fresh air I would feel a lot better. Did get out to walk to the gym this morning, and maybe I'll do another stroll to the bank later on.

Your Punkinness, you must be even happier to leave the workplace on Fridays now, what with your best work perk being rudely removed. Happy Weekend!

Love to all, mentioned and unmentioned. Let's make this a wonderful day!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:11 AM   #248  

Can you spell B I N G E? Fresh Start and No Guilt cards sadly needed.

Like the "thinking of us" at the same time idea. I should be able to do five minutes at almost anytime.

Had several "Windows Protection Errors" recently while on site or trying to get there as well as some things I thought were server problems. Hmmm?

Kaylets, you've managed not just to regain your "legs" but also to be rational and work out the scenario fairly well. Let's hope someone can get through to Mr. Nasty that he's not demonstrating good management technique. Since he's so new and inexperienced, he may be trying the old "show 'em who's boss" technique that usually woefully backfires and will eventually lead to his job demise. If all the experienced/inexperienced and overwhelmed people look and find elsewhere, his department numbers won't look very good certainly.

My second cuppa (green) is waiting as is laundry from the dryer. Must pull me together or there will be no point sorting out the too large clothing. They'll be back to "just right" in no time.

Miss you, Empress. And ceara, Eydie, Frogger, dollar, etc. etc.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:11 PM   #249  

Default pass a guilt free card over here

Struggling today..sucks

Just keep eating not because i want it...because im tired and bored and sick of this weather! I hope the weather turns nice soon. Im not sure if its a binge but its not good...

I hope i get some strength soon...i hate that im punishing myself. Just hope it passes.

Sheryl
Old 03-07-2003, 02:45 PM   #250  
Is it Friday yet?

It's..... FRIDAY!!!!!!

Ok, where's her royal highness? Empress A having problems getting online? Or have the carried her off?

Kaylets - I think you're handling this whole work thing wonderfully. It sounds super stressful though...

Arabella - Ya know, that was one of my New Year's resolutions, to bring a more spiritual 'me-centered' time into my day - every day - and I have yet to do it! So, yes, I'm with you. I'd like to take a few minutes every night to center myself and remind myself of my goals - celebrate the body I have and focus on making it healthier so it'll last me longer!

Anagram - Freshly printed "No Guilt" cards are always available!

Scooby - Hang in there... I've been loving the mornings on my way to work now (6:15am) - there's some sun! Spring is coming!

Hugz all, time to go find some lunch!

Terri
Old 03-07-2003, 05:26 PM   #251  
Empress/Queen

Yo! This is a me-me-me whiny post, beware! I am on but who knows for how long, so if I don't reply to everyone, take it as a given that I've done so!!! As I emailed Kaylets, I haven't been able to get on 3FC for a couple of days. And that has been good because really the banishing and the Self challenge have both gone out the window. Feeling really blah ... tried to work today as I have tons of stuff to write up by Monday, but decided this should be my day off and I can work Sunday. I realize that part of my not wanting to work (aka write, I don't have problems with the other parts of the job, just the writing) is the underlying belief that I can't do it anymore so if I take a day off, I'm doomed. Just as I have the underlying belief that I can't lose weight anymore and am doomed to gain it all back. Both are fallacies. So I slept and wandered around town and ended up at Curves, where I signed up and tried out the circuit and let them measure and weigh me and do a bodyfat reading ... weighed in at 6 pounds higher than my scale ... came home and got on with the same clothes and it's three pounds down from that, so that's good to know ... I take all scales except my own with a grain of salt. My bodyfat was REALLY high and I'm taking that with a grain of salt as well, but I like the place and the resistance provided by the machines was more challenging than the wimpy workouts I've been forcing myself to do at home ... I will go at least three times a week or maybe more for awhile and see how it goes ... then just walk at my leisure the rest of the time ... Punkin, how often do you do Curves? I dunno, I need something to get me feeling better and back on track ... was hoping the Self challenge was it, Arabella, but I can't stick to my calories either ... the workouts are not challenging, as I see you noted a few posts back, so I guess Hawaii is out!

Workouts aside, I remain firm in my belief that calories ingested versus calories burned are the main issue in weight management ... though obviously metabolism changes and other factors play a role in how many calories we burn when exercising or going about our lives. I need to stick to my calorie level and I will have results.

I love thy idea of a collective moment of meditation that we could share, but I don't know when as my schedule changes from day to day and night to night, mostly depending on what week of the month it is and what meetings I have to cover. If someone proposes a time, I will try to adopt it.

Well, I am going back to bed ... Kaylets, I emailed you earlier when I still couldn't get on here. Good for thee in speaking thy mind on the work situation. It's the only way.

Hmmm, again. Many of us here seem to have been bingeing a bit ... could it be the s have all gotten together at the Lucky Strike Motel and attended a seminar on how to bring us down? We can't let them! I personally have lost track of what day I'm on or how many s I have left, but here are two for Friday and Saturday that I intend to banish:

Old 03-07-2003, 06:05 PM   #252  

Got out and walked today even though it was still (slightly) below freezing and felt better for it. Also veddy good on the cals so far (and very repentant for the uncalledfor binge). I am still trying to chase the blahs. Tried on summer clothes to see what I felt I could discard - not as much as I thought. Downright depressing. However, some I still felt "wearable" actually were hanging on me at the end of last summer and that was10-15 lbs ago so it must be more a "mood" thing than anything.

Does not look like I'm going to make the purple suit by Easter. I find a lot of things I wore before at this weight and higher just don't fit the same (lotsa belly still here). But it was a step forward to try more on. Have a large basket of things to be laundered that I could NOT wear last summer (or for many summers) so that should perk me up a bit. Tomorrow is to be in the 50s and that should perk me up too.

Welcome back, Empress! 'Puter problems make all seem difficult. You can still write, go to it, go to it, go to it (on whatever day seems appropriate to thou).

Cheery Friday, Punkin, Queen of same.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:13 PM   #253  
Empress/Queen

Anagram, thanks for the welcome back and encouragement on writing ... I feel a bit like Punkin's new avatar, though. Blah here as well and actually somewhat on the warm side too quickly ... was 76 degrees when I came out of Curves today.

Sorry about the purple suit but actually Easter's a long way off ... bet you can do it yet! We must think of what kind of challenge we want to do for Easter and who will start the thread (not me) ... I have no hope at all of getting to my St. Patricia's goal, but hope springs eternal, so I'm planning for Easter and hoping Curves will help me finally get results ... or not, but there's always Mayday after Easter and ... so it goeth!

Ok, I'm going back to bed!
Old 03-07-2003, 11:37 PM   #254  

I, too, have no prayer of getting to my goal. I may yet end up where I was at the beginning of the challenge. The stomach bug last week seems to have fouled me up somehow. I did chase a away today. Got really confused and had to check posts to see where I stand. I THINK it's now ME - 16; s 4 but not 1000% sure. And many of the MEs are by dint of generous rules. Well, only one more for this week, 10 more days of the challenge. I know I'm normally eating a lot less than I would if I had not signed up for the challenge so that part's good even if I'm not keeping totally to what I'd like. And even though I'm not doing lots of exercise, again I'm doing more than I would be without the challenge.

Anyway, I hope (plan?) to get my focus back. It seems to have skipped off to the LSM with an incredibly attractive . And I really thought this would be my best challenge yet (sob).

Another Fresh Start tomorrow! Safe trip, Arabella.

Last edited by anagram; 03-07-2003 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:31 AM   #255  

Smile Simply Saturday!

Hello all!!

Come on in!! Just put nice mellow background music on to play, kettle is nearly hot, and the sunrise is just like that Emily Dickinson poem, "One ribbon at a time".

The boss called out yesterday!

His high school friend tried to start a rally of "sure wish I had a boss who knew what we're were doing" but as far as I could tell only one or two chimed in. Since she was the only one the boss left a voice mail regarding his abscence ( he told his boss too), most assume she is his "informant" (Sp?). Luckily, work load was light and I only have 4 pieces waiting on my desk for Monday.
What a feeling!!

So thanks all for letting me vent and etc. I hope I 'm taking the right approach, I don't have any trump cards in my hand so I've been trying to play strategically. Did I mention that Tuesday, after "the Monday talk", I also made sure I had a discussion w/ the trainer( highschool friend)??? I told her that IMHO, the boss had no real idea of how many responsibilities she had and how time consuming they were.
Later that day, (after I had seen her sitting on the boss's desk)
she told me perhaps she could look at my work b/4 it left each day to "get an idea of what was going out". I told her I thought that was fine but that it had to be b/4 the crazy part day began, that it was too easy to make mistakes the last 1.5 hrs of the day.
( In other words, asking me at 4 :45 as she had been was not "working for me". ) ( Hi Dr Phil!!)
In case I sound like I'm being resistant, company policy is that if the order comes in today, it leaves today. Anything I receive b/4 4 pm has to go out ( barring complications). That's what we're selling to the client. And trust me, we get our share of SOS's after the deadline, especially if its a filing that can be faxed to the West coast and still get that day's effective date.

What a memememme post!

let me do another right now and catch up w/ eveyone!

Today's thought is:

" Time is the one commodity above all that is our true possession...Time's most important quality is that it passes, that we only have a finite amount. Therefore, be aware of its value and know that when you give your time, you're giving of your life."---Daphne Rose Kingma
Closed Thread