Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 04:55 PM   #151  
Empress/Queen

Yo, drive-by me-me negative postie as I'm TRYING to write (work) and it's not going well. Really blocked again. Really need a new career ... I just don't have it anymore as a reporter. Howsomever, am not just wanting to finish. Traveling tomorrow!!!! And also homsomever, I DID manage to easily win the round with Jack and Ken seems pretty wimpy so don't think I'll have a problem with him either. As a matter of fact, he's been sitting quietly since midnight and come to think of it hasn't moved a muscle, blinked or gone off for a break or anything. He's wearing a little white leprechaun tuxedo and he looks suspiciously like Barbie's boyfriend ... hmmmm.

Eydie, I also agree you should block that entity's email. However, I personally don't know how to have emails returned to people as "undeliverable" ... that would be the most desirable thing and would greatly appreciate it if there's anyone here who can explain that to me also ... I know how to make it bounce back to them with a message ... it's under "rules" in my Outlook Express setup ... you could have it bounce back a message saying that you hadn't read her message and would not read any in the future ... if it continues you will report her, etc., etc. ... extreme though it may sound, you've gotta get this person out of your head and the best way is to just get tough with her. Punkin be right, she's just trying to turn the knife some more and make herself feel better. People who don't believe something is over when it is over have got problems that you can't solve so it's better not to let it affect you. You will not heal yourself from this until she stops ... believe me, I know whereof I speak!!!

Punkin: Sadly for thee, I KNEW you meant 6 degrees but was hoping it was a typo for thy frozen sake!!! Bundle up, glad it's getting warmer ... it'd have to go some to warm up from 6 degrees!!

Arabella: I do incorporate ballet moves and tapes in. I also took some ballet classes when working in another city a few years ago ... the instructor was an ex-male ex-gymrat type with major emotional problems that I found disturbing for classes that I was paying for, but I really helped my fitness by learning some of the principles. There are a lot of good tapes out and again I'd refer anyone to videofitness for reviews. Collage sells all the tapes I know of.

Frogger: I can't see the gif ... my computer is still suffering from the effects of the storms here (which aren't over) so I'll try again later ... they sound so lovely! I adore lavendar roses!

Scooby: I'm watching a lot of tv also ... we need to stop that ... rots the brain, bad for the waistline!! I keep leaving the computer (aka work that I get paid for) and watching stuff such as Joe Millionaire (idiotic) and Celebrity Mole (I liked that ... it was funny and light) and now I'm hooked on the really grungy I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here (sick). Where will this end?

Kaylets: Where be thou this a.m., no quote o' the day? Email if thou can.

ANAGRAM: on the 1.6 s DOWN!!! Glad thou be feeling better, though not 100 yet.

Off to work now! Au revoir!
Old 02-26-2003, 06:47 PM   #152  
deleted2

Frogger, now you'll have to send a photo of yourself in your wedding dress now that you know how [And can teach the rest of us! ] The flowers were lovely--beautiful combination!

Ceara, were you doing story-time at the library today with the kiddies?

Amarantha, get that work done so you can goof off for a few days!

About the 'block sender' thing---it's a great idea and I'll do it. I'm not proud of this but her e-mails still have that 'train wreck' thing, where I just have to look. 24 years worth of history there and I'm finally getting how sick it was--her always in crisis and me rushing to her aid. I'm so icked out by it--and embarrassed.

However, I'm feeling much lighter this evening and I'll tell you why! Just goes to show that you never know where you'll find enlightenment. I was walking on the treadmill and watching "Texas Justice". [Stay with me now!] This lovely old 85-yr.-old woman was rightfully suing someone and won her case. Afterwards it showed them in the hallway and this is where they ususally get in their final insults---but the old lady said to the 'plaintiff' [who'd tried to screw her out of her funeral money] "I'm not angry at you. I don't hold angry in my heart. Because if I have angry in my heart then I can't see Jesus and I MUST see Jesus." {All other deities interchangeable with Jesus IMHO! } It made me feel better instantly and I lost a good bit of the "angry" in my own heart! Her name was Daisy and I thank you for your wisdom, Miss Daisy!
What is your motto, Arabella? "Stay alert and watch for the signs"? That was my sign and I'm glad I was alert enough to hear it today! Much more peaceful!

Hoping you all are too!

Old 02-26-2003, 07:05 PM   #153  

Smile Hello all!

Empress, I was on the very bottom of page 8--

Anagram-- glad you felt well enough for weighin!! After all, we do
have our priorities!
Eydie-- Blocking email may work but if she knows where you live and etc-- you may be able to avoid for so long but you might have to point blank, face to face ( hopefully in a parking lot and NOT at your house) tell this person that you have thought about what she said, ( inconvenience, etc) and you agree. And in fact, now that you've had time and distance, you agree 100%. That you have changed and realize now that the two of you have
nothing in common. That you are not angry and you wish her well. -- and that you need to go and take care of something ....

Frogger- you flowers do look like spring! very nice!

I am still dragging tonight. AND ITS SNOWING AGAIN!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:26 PM   #154  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink Holy Samolies!

Prolific aren't we?

Ok...Eydie, nope not storytime today...class visits..had a split 4/5 and 5/6...really nice kids and I think I book talked or zinged 7-8 books and they all went out.....I like that. Tomorrow I have a 3 and a 4 (at the same time) and then later a 7/8, and 8 (at the same time), and a polar bear programme later in the day. Tomorrow is National Polar Bear Day and a programme seemed like a good idea at the time....now I don't know. I'm too pooped to participate! And Scooby...yes in this incarnation I'm a librarian....and I do the same thing your sister did for you for my kids. Find them stuff for homework. I had fun with the kids today, I do like the pre-teens and teens...they are so immediate and real...no games...but they are draining. I needed a nap at 2:30!

YES! ANAGRAM!

Anyway, I'm off to do some more booktalks and hit the hay.

See y'all tomorrow (I have rehearsal tomorrow night...here come de saloon girl!)

Ceara
Old 02-26-2003, 11:43 PM   #155  

Living vicariously but I love your saloon girl role, Ceara.

Managed somehow to banish another today. Score now: Me - 9; s - 2.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:41 AM   #156  

Smile Ta da Thursday!

Is it just me or has this been a LONG week>>

Ooppss-- guess I am behind as well, greenies are still with me, I am just dragging w/ this record breaking TOM -- Tuesday and Wednesday -- in the corral -- This am, starting to revive and will have to clean cars and etc, much more hopeful a greenie will be gone today!!

Frogger-- What a great NonScale Victory!! Good for you!!

TV News says Mr. Rogers passed away last night. What a legacy he leaves behind!!

These past few days I really have been leaning on our group. Cabin fever, snow storm sadness, + TOM ....???? All I know is I need a new attitude!! Thanks to all of you for sharing and helping me stay on perspective. I know this is a mememe post mostly and I do appreciate the chance to be whiney for 5 or 10 minutes.
I am sure this mindset is how I picked today's thought.

PS-- Bigger storm due in again tonight at RUSH HOUR!

Today's thought is:

"When a blind man carries a lame man, both go forward." --- Swedish Proverb

EVERYONE:-- Shall we do something "special " for ourselves today? Even just for 5 minutes?? Lets!!
Old 02-27-2003, 05:47 AM   #157  

Smile OM MY GOSH---

Just had a horrible thought!!

Today's thought doesnt mean I think we're handicapped!! I was drawn to the idea of teamwork!!
Old 02-27-2003, 06:30 AM   #158  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning, All!

Today I must really push push push and get stuff done. Yesterday I took a bit of a half-a**ed shot, when I really needed to work. And I know that doing that is really linked to extra stress and end-o-month bingefests, so I just cannot, will not do that today.

Kaylets, hope you're feeling better. Probably your slump is at least partially hormonal, don't you think? I think that your thought for today means that we all support each other with our various strengths and help when one of us has a problem in some area. Good one, pretty true!

Indeed -- I am definitely going to take a me break today. I think this aft I'll make a decaf cappuccino, put on some sublime music and just sit and listen to it and have my coffee for 15 minutes. I'll toast you!

Amarantha -- hope you have a good day travelling. I comiserate with you on the writing thing - definitely have the same problems, but I haven't given up hope that I can beat the yet.

Anagram, WTG -- you are really steaming right along!

Punkin, did you see "State and Main" and "Magnolia"? I loved those too.

Well, My Dovies -- I must be off to work. Let's make this a good one! Love to all.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:28 AM   #159  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile It's Thorasday!!!

Sloggin' along....

Flyby, gotta million things to do. Slept like a log until DH kicked me in the night...woke yelling Ouch...it hurt!..and in the process of kicking him back, which I did...O-o-O-P-S. I will have a bruise I think.

Gotta do the TM (which is NOT transendental meditation) and am off. The heathen is killing a bone under my chair...she is so funny...knocks it under the legs and then challenges herself to get it out. I like self-entertaining animals (and people).

Good quote Kaylets. I got got the teamwork thing first...the other never occurred to me! Being PC can make you paranoid"y" eh?

Will fly back in later this eve. Make it a great one!

Ceara (minus another greenie!)
Old 02-27-2003, 07:49 AM   #160  
Empress/Queen

Yo! I feel whiney and me-me, too, Kaylets ... let's call this Whiney Day After Wednesday!

Tomorrow will be Punkin's wonderful day and in honor of that, let's all vow to NOT feel on the three-day weekend (even if we have to work)!!!

Finished work but now must run and do more ... traveling all day but planning on driving the extra miles it'll take to come home and rest in the middle of it.

Am losing focus on the leprechauns, resulting in Ken winning the day ... and he never moved a muscle. Score is Amarantha 7, s 4. Next up is Len.

Realizing that not counting calories on the off days is leading to bigger binges, I entered everything from those days into my spreadsheet and it doesn't look totally bad. Still hope for a loss of some kind this week. Very tired and negative but will do weights anyway.

Congratulations to all who banished s yesterday!

Arabella, I agree with thee and also hope to banish the ! WE WILL DO IT!!!

Ceara: Thy post was a sign for Amarantha (here's more me-me stuff) ... the White Bear is a special totem for me and just thy mention of the sweet thing is proof enough for me that THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!!!

Anagram:

A Swedish for the team!!!

Woo-hoo, let's hocus pocus focus focus today! Let's not go 'way, let's stay and play! We can do this thing and the s are HISTORY!

No excuses now Amarantha!
Old 02-27-2003, 08:34 AM   #161  

Kaylets, I too took the quote only in the teamwork sense. And I suspect just about everyone on the east coast is about ready to cry today with yet another storm coming in. I'm sure I've been through miserable winters before but, like childbirth, we tend to forget.

So I'm up for celebrating National Polar Bear Day with a small "me" session (I try to get one of those in every day anyway no matter how tiny). And I won't feel it's "me" alone as I'll be counting on my Patrician Partners to be doing the same. I too have found it more difficult to focus on my s this week.

Had a nice break yesterday. Still recuperating sis came by to "babysit" me yesterday while dh was at dialysis. We sat on opposite loveseats with warm throws and straightened out the world (well, at least our family world) for about two hours. Brought me jello, flowers and cookies she swore were just the right antidote to stomach bugs. I did have one (she was right, of course) but food was so low yesterday it didn't hurt my banishment program.

Today, go to dr with dh. Then hope to take him out for lunch that we couldn't make with bug Tuesday. He's been a marv at all this (as I know I've said before) but I'm constantly trying to think of little "uppers" to keep him going. The fun thing is trying to think of ways he can gain weight while I'm trying to lose. Sometimes I feel like a dog chasing its tail.

Lovely bouquet, Frogger. Eydie, I like the advice about telling friend she was 100% right. Nothing like letting someone eat their own words. But 24 years of history must make this all exceedingly painful.

Safe driving, Kaylets, Amarantha. I think thy job must be incredibly challenging, Empress, esp. when sometimes done in pain. And, Arabella, EOM is almost history so do what thou must to get through and Fresh Start as many times as necessary.

Off to the second cup of tea, a busy morning and hopefully a leisurely afternoon.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:38 AM   #162  

Oops, forgot I wanted to congratulate Punkin on filing her taxes. Seems incredibly early to me but, then, I never seem to get a refund. My in-house tax man has looked at our stuff and done rough estimates but we probably won't file 'til April 14th. Happy deck planning - and trip planning too. That time has been flying, has it not?
Old 02-27-2003, 09:26 AM   #163  
Momma Frog

Hi All!!
I have a picture of the dress (but not with me in it!) I will attach it though so you can see.

Filled my taxes last week. I hardly get anything back from state. Like 30 bucks that's it. And only a couple of hundred from federal. My fiance always gets a lot back.

Anyway. Weigh in tomorrow. I'll let you know how this week went. It my TOM so I may be up I may be the same. Don't know.

I'll check in later on!
Old 02-27-2003, 09:28 AM   #164  
Momma Frog

And here's the back!
Old 02-27-2003, 10:12 AM   #165  

Default sugar high

Good morning,

I am on a sugar high....had a box of whitmans samplers for breakfast..not the best choice...but its done..and im speeding. Rather fun actualy havent sped in a while.

Well i will be back...
Closed Thread