Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 05:01 PM   #121  
deleted2

Arabella, big congrats on releasing that pound. The first of many, I know!

Punkinseed, your 'feng shui tune-up' sounds awesome. I wish I had an eye for things like that. Hey, did you ever find out what your baby bulb is going to be?

Scooby, we miss you when you're not here. I agree with Amarantha--you'll feel better as you recover from your surgery. I'm sorry--will you refresh my memory? What kind of surgery did you have? And I think we're all eager to see signs of spring too!

Ceara, yes! Do It! I can't tell you how much I reccomend Pilates! I wasn't going to do a video today but I love it so much that I couldn't stay away. I hate to sound immodest but I have noticed a huge change in my body. My butt is "up", my legs are tighter and more defined, I feel no need to do crunches since it's been great for my abs, and my 'belly bloop' is smaller [amazing!], my posture is great, and I feel strong as a government mule! And it's relaxing yet energizing, if that makes sense. Let me know if you decide to do it--hope you do!

Amarantha, those leprechauns are sneaky creatures. They say that the faery folk have the ability to cloud our minds. Be Aware!

Hi Anagram, Kaylets, and all! Wildfire, How're you doing?

Old 02-24-2003, 05:21 PM   #122  
Is it Friday yet?

*Yaaaaawn....*

What a boring afternoon - thank goodness you guys are posting or else I'd be drooling on my desk!

Amarantha - I'm with you, WHY do they put out Easter candy in February?!?!?!?!? So, I have to look at it now for the next 6+ weeks?? Insane and a bit abusive of the stores, imo of course...

Scooby - hon, it sounds like you might have a touch of seasonal affective-type depression. Take really good care of yourself and get plenty of sunshine. I had it a year ago and was miserable! I'm glad we can be here for you - sometimes having an 'ear' is helpful. I'm happy to hear your surgery went well!
Now, as for "my guy" being a potential relationship - I guess there's a potential for anything, friend, boyfriend, more?, or he could disappear, never to be heard from him again - whatever's meant to happen is what will. I'm ready for it!

So, Arabella, what you're saying then is until your hair grows out you'll look like our token Femi-****?? Coooool.... every board should have one woman who looks like she could kick everyone's butt!

Eydie - Nope, I looked between the shoots and didn't see any proof of species (giggle). I think they're daffodils though because the deer haven't eaten them, they nibbled on one and spit out the leaves - most definately daffodils... However, until they show their little trumpeted faces, I'm covering them with bird wire so my precious little sprouts aren't Bambi's dinner!

Toodles for now!

Terri
Old 02-24-2003, 05:25 PM   #123  
Empress/Queen

Yo, still working but wanted to second Eydie's recommendation on Pilates ... when I do it, which I haven't for awhile but need to start again ... I stand taller, feel great and look leaner, not to mention that I really enjoy it!

Yes, Eydie, those peskly magical greenies have pulled the wool over Amarantha's eyes for the last time. Tomorrow is another day, Scarlett!

I second the request for an update from Wildfire and a to all others.

I can't seem to finish working ... can't concentrate!

Bye again.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:34 PM   #124  
deleted2

Amarantha, that's the word I had intended to use--LEANER! Longer, svelter [more svelte?]

Amarantha, I know you'll like this mini language lesson. I looked up the word 'svelte' a few days ago and it's from the Italian and Latin to pull out, to lengthen. So yeah, I think it's safe to say [dare I say?] that Pilates makes one svelte!

Old 02-24-2003, 08:37 PM   #125  

Smile Monday!

Hello all!

We were short staffed and let's put it this way- worked thru lunch. left 30 minutes late-- OVERWHELMING!

But then, I come down the hall and wonder " What a lovely voice, who could it be?" and its the Empress, singing to ME!!!
I think we should call Simon and let him know he n eeds you on American Idol!!

can't stay, wish I could- tomorrow's an early start--

Take care all!!

And thanks for the song, even DH was wondering what I was grinning about-- and he was singing too-- " the scale will come down tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar, come what may, tomorrow, I love you, your only a pound a way....!!"
Old 02-25-2003, 03:35 AM   #126  
Empress/Queen

Svelte, svelter, sveltest, never let it rest, until the svelte is svelter and the svelter ... SVELTEST!!!

Kaylets o' Overtime, they did want Amarantha on American Idol, but she felt it would unfair to the other contestants! Instead, she signed up for the Leprechaun Challenge (aka St. Patricia's Pledge) and do you know what? (What?) Well, it's like this, Amarantha be going to ace this challenge and so be all challengers on the St. Patricia's Pledge Team.

WOMEN (to echo Ceara, I think you are all women, if not, please mentally refer to thyself as such for purposes o' this challenge, thanks!) We are in the second week of this leprechaun banishing project and SOME of us (notably Amarantha) are losing focus already. We need to hocus pocus focus focus here and gird our loins with determination and realize that WE ARE GOING TO WIN, WIN, WIN one for the Gipper (obscure football reference)!!! Starting TODAY, those s are outta here and so are those s.

"The sun'll come out TODAY, bet your bottom dollar that TODAY, there'll be sun ... TODAY is the first day of the rest of our lives, gal pals, how do we want to spend that REST PERIOD? Do we want to spend it in a fit and healthy body at our desired weights or do we want to make excuses (Amarantha, I'm talking to YOU) forever as our goals recede over the edge of the Emerald Isle and fall off into the sunset? NO, WE SAY, A THOUSAND TIMES NO, WE WILL STAY, WE WILL PLAY, WE WILL BANISH THE LEPRECHAUNS TODAY!

In one of my very old bead books, there's a little filler saying that "marantha" means "amen" in certain Native American languages. I don't really know if that's true (and it has nothing to do with beading), but Amarantha will just say "MARANTHA!" Say good-night, Gracie! Good-night, Gracie!

Old 02-25-2003, 05:47 AM   #127  

Smile Taregetting Tuesday!

Hello all!!

Will try to get an early start this am and hope to meet w/ better results!! At least, combine the piles into one !!!!

Please keep an eye on the kettle for me and will some one sign for a package when it gets here?? Its the inflatable lifesavers that we'll keep right here next to the bottled water and the NO GUILT and FRESH START ( I meant to tell you I loved that Anagram!) Cards.

Today's thought is:

"You have to do it yourself, and you can't do it alone" -- Martin Rute

To today's best choices!
Old 02-25-2003, 07:13 AM   #128  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Exclamation Token Femi-**** on the block!

No fear, My Darlings -- I'm actually as gentle as a spring lamb, or the spring chick (wellllllll...maybe laaaaaate spring -- say, Septemberish ) that I am going to resemble in a few weeks. Beside the milimeter or so of growth that I'm counting on, I'm also thinking about how weight-loss shows up in my face first and that I look much younger with even a few pounds off. This morning, I really can tell a difference in my body -- legs look so much more like legs and so on. I'm sure it's the gym effect. REALLY want a body fat analyzing scale, because I'm sure it would be very encouraging when the regular one wasn't
i
Kaylets, I'll keep the kettle on simmer all day, right on top of the big woodstove here. I'll gather some comfy chairs around it. Y'know, even when I am doing great, starting off the day with a "no guilt" card and a "fresh start" one feels good -- I shall take one of each!

Amarantha, we are not worthy! *Yes, we are, and you know it, Baby!* Thanks so much for honoring us with your talents rather than taking it on the road!

Eydie, thanks for the info on the meaning of "svelte" -- neat word! Pilates sounds great. I'm pretty committed to my yoga and tai chi, but alternating with the occasional Pilates might not be a bad thing. BTW, I saw a tape online yesterday that was some Pilates-yoga combo thing.

Punkin, so neat that you've got shoots coming up! The bulbs I planted are under a few feet of snow. And the ones I didn't get around to planting are sitting in the front porch in their little bags, really not likely to bloom anytime soon.

Scooby, yeah, I think short is in right now. As kind of a fun mental exercise and perk-me-up, I've been pretending to be a model for a few weeks now, so that really helps me feel ok about the hair More makeup, please!

Leprechaun banishers All -- let's get out there and make this a FANTASTIC day! Love to all!
Old 02-25-2003, 09:17 AM   #129  

Woo Hoo! Had a super day most of yesterday. Walked outside (on the road - sidewalks too slippery). Banished #9 which has #8 totally confused. He did think it was his turn and DOES NOT UNDERSTAND that he is still here without his buddies #7 and #9 because of his own behavior. He's lonely already.

The two day relaxing streak ended before bedtime. Tummyache, chills, nausea went to bed with me and I woke at 4:30 or so doming homage to the Porcelein Princess. So far am holding down (though uncomfortably) one cup of tea and one cracker. I've been really fortunate this winter not to have come down with very much of note and hope this one is short lived as I do want to get my exercise in. I don't think food will be a problem today.
Plus, dh and I were planning a little runaway. Pshaw!
Old 02-25-2003, 10:04 AM   #130  
Momma Frog

Hi All! Work has been a bear! Sorry I haven't checked in lately!
Still chugging along! Still 2lbs down from the Val. Challenge. WOO HOO! I plan on weighing in on friday morning so I'll give an update on my weight progress then.

Got my bouquets yesterday!!! (How do I post a picture on here?) I want everyone to see it. It is WONDERFUL. She did such a wonderful job on them.

Gotta run. I'll check in later!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 10:18 AM   #131  
Is it Friday yet?

Brrrrrrrr.....

It was 6 degrees this morning! Crazy cold.... but look! Spring is just a few short weeks away now! I'm afraid to say with our temps in the single digits, I'm starting to look forward to my trip to Arizona!

Anagram - Uh oh... sounds like you've got a nasty bug! Take care of yourself.

everyone! Hugs n' such, gotta get some work done!

Terri
Old 02-25-2003, 05:23 PM   #132  

Hi all feeling a little better then yesterday. Had a fun scrapple game last nite. I lost but it was still fun.

Oh well i just had a spacious psist removed...last thursday stitches came out today. Everything looks good. And there was a sale at filenes basement 70 percent off all shoes..so i got 3 pairs for only 40 bucks.

Arabella i always use alot more make up when i get my hair cut...that is to funny.

Well pumpkin i hope that coworker becomes a bf. However you have to sometimes let him know that your interested. He called you 4 times..so something is there.

Anagram are you feeling any better? Sounds like a bug. I hope you can sleep that off.

Eydie- Pilate scares me. Im working about a muscle spasm..i dont do any yoga or tai chi because of my toe spasms.

Amarantha im glad you are not on american idol cause then you would be to busy and no time for your diet groupies!

Well hi frogger...glad the bouquet turned out well...
Hi Kaylet- i like the thought of the day and its so true...asking for help ..is a great way to include people and get things done.

Well talk to you later. Thanks for listening!

Sheryl
Old 02-25-2003, 10:15 PM   #133  

Been a bummer of a day. So #10 gets to stay and keep #8 company. Hoped I'd feel well enough by this evening to get in some exercise but it never happened. Pulled myself off the couch to check in here and now it's off to bed.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:36 PM   #134  
Empress/Queen

Default Raining on my parade ...

It's been raining all day so Amarantha could not get on the internet ... other people get on the net when it rains, but not Amarantha! C'est mal!

Reporting that Jack is definetely outta here, though it not be midnight yet. Am at 1570 calories and unlikely to eat ... too tired from driving through mountains in the RAIN! Was this what Amarantha left the midwest and trekked across the prairie and braved her first week in Arizona in 120 degree heat in a trailer on the desert with only a defective cooler between herself and expiration?

I think not!

But, I digress, as poor Punkin is living in 6 degrees (dost thou not mean 60, maybe?) and Anagramatic hath a nasty bug (but congratulations go double when thou banisheth a leprechaun in that condition, so ). And both Punkin and Anagram could benefit from bundling up and getting some hot peppermint tea from Kaylets!!!

Scooby: Glad thou be feeling better!!! BTW, dost thou think mayhap Pilates and/or yoga might loosen thy muscles and end the spasms? Just a thought ...

Frogger: I'd love to see thy flowers ... don't know how to post a picture exactly but can you just post a link? Glad things are going so well!

Arabella: September soundeth just right for spring chickdom! It be wonderful to hear thee feeling so good about thy success! No scale can measure the power of positive thinking (apologies to Norman Vincent Peale)!!!

I've looked at the bodyfat scales but wonder about their accuracy?

Kaylets: I need a supply of those FRESH START cards!

Gotta go!!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 05:51 AM   #135  

Smile Wacky Wednesday!

Hello all!

A wood stove !! Even if its only virtual, how wonderful!! And yes, of course, Wingchairs and Rockers all around!
NO GUILT and FRESH START CARDS on the table and lots of inflatable lifesavers when the greenies are on the verge of winning!! and can't forget the wall of music to choose -- we're always playing your favorites!!
And the tea cups are always clean and the ice water is always the perfect temperature !!

OKAY-- hand the dunce cap this way please!!!! remember the 2.5 gain Monday??? Why was I the last person to realize it was TOM ?? Yesterday am, I just shook my head. Sure, its been since b/4 the holidays but how can you just forget over 30 + years??
There's a Freudian term that escapes me right this minute but I'm sure most of you know it.

Scoobysnacks-- How long will you need to recover from the Cyst surgery?? I imagine it must be so painful. Anything near my teeth or eyes just sends chills thru me. And you're not alone in feeling blue when you don't feel good. I am the worst patient.
In fact, that's a gauge I now use to make myself realize, that I'm not feeling well rather than just suddenly gotten lazy.

Anagram- sorry you don't feel well.

To everyone else, I need to be at work early again so please don't feel slighted- You know I'd chat all day if I could!!

Today's thought is:

"Do it big, Do it right and do it with style."---- Fred Astaire

To today's best choices!
Closed Thread