Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 02:32 PM   #211  
deleted2

Amarantha, I love hearing about your beading--and MissWashu, I'm enjoying getting to know you!

Arabella, I was thinking about the Self challenge too. Wonder if it's on their website...?

Kaylets, I hope your day's evolved into something better than it's start. What's up?

Frogger, sounds like you're making great progress with your plans. Every little bit etc.!

Hi Everybody else!

I'm having a mediocre day--not great, not bad. Indulged in a little mindless eating this morning--nothing earth-shattering, but enough to make me look at what's going on. Oh goody, more self-examination....just what I want.....sigh...........!

Old 03-03-2003, 05:52 PM   #212  
Is it Friday yet?

Wellllll.... I have a list of responses for all of your posts. I will however have to reply tomarrow because....

...are you sitting down?

I just spent the last 1+ hour on the phone with "my guy"

Yes, he called. And now I must away to the bank, Curves and WalMart.

Shall return tomarrow, still no doubt, feeling a bit floaty...

Terri
Old 03-03-2003, 08:12 PM   #213  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Looking good for banishing the o' the day!

Arabella: I went ahead and joined the Self Challenge and thanks for the idea ... guess I'd kind of ruled it out, but when thou mentioned it, being the shameless copycat I am, I decided to do it after all. I liked it last year but didn't stick to it. This time I will go all the way for the tropical vacation! The daily prizes are nice, too!!!

Eydie: It is on the website, but the details are in the magazine.

I posted a message to any leprechaun banishers who show up in the buddy forum ... however, it has moved down to the archives already, so no one can reply anyhow!!!

I have set my calorie budget for this week on the challenge and guess what, it coincides nicely with leprechaun banishing!!!

PUNKIN O' THE AIR (AS IN FLOATING ON IT)!!! Hooray, on thy lengthy conversation with thy guy!!! Woo-hoo! Knew it'd come true!!!

Ms. W: Good luck on the blading!!!

Frogger: The are doing the happy dance with thee ... The Hag hath consulted the crystal ball on thy behalf and guess what, thy sister's scale is EXACTLY THE CORRECT ONE!!! Saith the omens and oracles o' the Universal Weight Management Consortium: "GO FOR IT!"

Kaylets: How goeth it?

to all!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:20 PM   #214  

Smile Hello all!

Feeling kind of floaty..........hmmmmmmm

Thanks all--

sometimes you just know... short story-- about 3:45 was told that there were some "concerns" that I seemed overwhelmed and since I to begin the last phase of my training- this is of "concern". Very frustrating for me as I 've only been taking lunches to go to my Toastmaster meeting which is once every two weeks. and the killer is " its been kind of quiet today they tell me, why are you behind?" Yet, we've been short staffed due to storms, illness and etc- I am also the odd man out, w/o a "buddy" so again, I have no one to share.
I don't leave the desk to smoke, have lunch, Socialize, -- only to pee--

The other frustrating thing is being told" I understand when you're asked if there is anything someone else could do ---you say you're doing "Ok" " What would you say if someone asked at 4:45 every day?? That you don't think they really are asking--How much could they do in 15 minutes anyway??

So, of course, I just stood there like a deer in the headlights with totally INAPPROPRIATE phrases in my head ---

Luckily, DH was going home on time so I stayed and did a deep clean on my desk. Most of it was throwable but you know how you have to look at each piece to make that decision. But before I did that, I cranked out a pile of billing b/4 the mailroom closed and its amazing how much you can do when its quiet. But, its more time I'm not being paid for.

I know as I get faster, I won't have to be do this but this learning curve is a hard one to crack.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Need to pay some bills.

Take care all

Last edited by Kaylets; 03-03-2003 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:24 PM   #215  
Hot Stuff

Oh, Kaylets...so sorry to hear about your work problems. Sounds familiar, the part about being the one actually WORKING while others socialize, wander aimlessly, take multiple smoke and coffee breaks, come in late, take full lunches, first ones out the door at 5pm.....and they seem to be able to do whatever they want and nothing gets said....while you toil away unappreciated. Good for you for staying even though it's unpaid and most likely unnoticed....at least you'll feel better facing it tomorrow.

Hey, what's this Self challenge?

I'm banishing a today! Scat! Begone! Shoo! Poor Sherlock ate so many s trying to rid the Castle of them, her lovely black fur is turning green. She's such a loyal kitty.

Tried the LC Citrus Glazed Chicken tonight....and chucked it in the garbage. Yuck. Bitter....like eating orange rinds. Hopefully the others will be better. I got a good assortment at another grocery store, although they were $3.49 compared to $2.77 at my usual store.

Punkin...details, details! We want details!

Frogger....can I come to your sister's to get weighed?

Eydie, hope you salvaged the day.

MissWashu, how was the rollerblading? I've been tempted to try....used be able to rollerskate quite well, and ice skate, too.

Amarantha, I've seen beginner beading kits with a little loom included. I might have to pick one up and give it a whirl....with a teenager, the demand for cool bracelets/chokers could be something to keep me busy. Funny you mentioned "creating" fabric....that's what keeps me obsessed with cross-stitch...taking a blank canvas and creating a picture on it....thousands of tiny x's and slight variances in colors bring it to life before your eyes....

I must go and pack fruit and yogurt for tomorrow's lunch. Got a great idea from a coworker about stirring Grape Nuts cereal into your yogurt....going to try it! Throw in a few fresh strawberries and it sounds like a yummy breakfast.

Old 03-04-2003, 05:17 AM   #216  
Empress/Queen

Hmmm. Here I am at 3 a.m. compulsively thinking about weight and work problems in that order. Gotta stop and sleep!!!

Paul is staying as I had a bit more to eat tonight ... no major thing, though it's the first day of Self Challenge ... however, there are nifty "earned credits" aka exemptions built into that this year, so it's cool.

Eydie: Actually after reading their website further I see you don't really need the magazine to do the challenge.

Wildfire: It's kind of a Self magazine version of the Body for Life challenge. Hope it's ok to be talking about this on 3FC but 3FC has a forum for Body for Life and WW and Richard Simmons, etc., and they all have competing websites, so this is along those lines, I'd think! There are daily prizes and a grand prize but I'm just doing this for fun and a refreshment of my goals.

Arabella: I shall shut up about Self now ... didn't mean to steal thy thunder on that or anything ... was thinking thou would be back to talk about it more but I know thou be busy working ... thou just got Amarantha going on the thing!

Kaylets: I be so sorry also that thou had such a c****y day at work. It soundeth as if the turkeys have been out in full force and effect and they had a field day gossiping to supervisors at thy expense. I know it's hard, but don't give this kind of (again) c**p too much headroom! The comments you cited were all totally unfair and designed to shake thee up. Believe me, people will do this stuff and the best defense is a cryptic smile and silence, remembering that thou be not thy job (I have trouble with this one, too) and that the world be full of jobs. Another thing to remember is (what my brother always tells me) to think of thy NEXT job ... even on the first day of any new position, I do this ... I know it is all a series of stepping stones and I can learn something even from the ones that do not work out (which is not to say that I think this job will not work out for thee, on the contrary, I think it shows every sign of doing so) ... it be very hard to defend thyself from unfairness and illogic, that's why it's important to recognize these for what they are and let them go ... sometimes it seems the harder we work, the less we are rewarded ... sometimes that's just a false perception but often it is true ... it's the way life is and it's how the game is played, so the trick be to think of ways to use that to thy advantage ... it's all just a game, so don't worry, ok?
Old 03-04-2003, 05:50 AM   #217  

Smile Terrific Tuesday!

Hello all!

Yes Wildfire, this am is easier as I know the desk is in order. In another way, yesteday reinforces my "gut" feeling that the expectations for a new person (me) are more than the more senior people. Unfortunately, no one seems to understand how to do a daily count of tasks assigned, there is only "last months" and that report is skewed. Everyone's idea of the workflow is subjective depending on familiarity and personal taste. The manager is asking " is it busy today? " but the answers are subjective -- the orders assigned can be as basic as making a cover letter, 2 copies and marking the system to 30 minutes of research, seeing that the wrong form has been recvd, name conflict, etc, etc-- It's also difficult becuase this manager has been w/ the company less time than me and w/ our unit less than 2 months. He is geared to spreadhsheets and numbers measuring productivity yet each task can be wildly different.

This company is small but growing. Many employees have been working together more than 10 yrs, some more than 20. There are open group discussions regarding another's job performance, hairstyle, sexual perference. There is no thought to how loud someone is and a passerby often" joins " a discussion from the hallway, so then the discussion gets louder and louder. Coworkers dont' call each other on the phone, they sit at their desks and yell for each other. If the person isnt at their desk or on a call, the other person just gets louder and louder yelling for the other.

Some people can tune all t his out - I do my best but I find it very distracting and frankly, stressful.

Anyway, enough-- I have a few thoughts and agree w/ you Empress, time to look around.

Thanks to everyone-

Today's thought is:

"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well." ---- Diane Ackerman
Old 03-04-2003, 07:27 AM   #218  
Momma Frog

Good Morning All!

Amarantha-Hoped you slept in a little today as you were up before the roosters this morning! I've had those nights!!!

Kaylets-I feel your pain with your job. I'm sure you ladies here are well aware of me being dumped on at work. I can well understand your situation and I work for a big company. Smile and nod and cuss and complain when you get home. Even if there's no one there to talk to!! I've done it, and I feel better afterwards!

Today I'm trying to banish another acutally I'd like to go for x2 for the week. Getting harder and harder for me to stay focused with everything else going on as well!
Got my hair done last night. Happy with the cut but not with the color. My hair is dark brown. I had it auburn many moons ago for along time. Finally got all of the red out with my home coloring and here I go off to the professionals who guess what? Put auburn back into it when I asked for dark brown. So my roots are red and the rest of my hair is dark. I look like a bleeding skunk!!!! I guess I'll be coloring my own hair again from now on. I only do it every so often but you would think, dark brown not hard to do for the "professionals". whatever.
I do admit it looks better after I washed it this morning but you can still see the red in the roots. I should have known something was up when they aske "and you like this color" talking about my NATURAL hair color. YES!!! That's why I asked for it. DUH

Anyway, have a good day ladies!
Old 03-04-2003, 07:30 AM   #219  
Momma Frog

I forgot, this is the dress my maid of honor is wearing. (No, that's not her in the picture!!) LOL
Old 03-04-2003, 09:48 AM   #220  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default oh gosh, another fly-by!

Better than nothing, right? I finished Feb's work this a.m. (thank you for your helpful rationalization, Anagram - you are a pal! ) NOW, I've promised another assignment for this aft, plus there's an assistant editor position open at one of the sister sites of the one I write for that I'm applying for. The prospect makes me feel excited, even if my chances might not be that fantastic.

I've just got time to do a fast workout and get to a contact lens appt. I'm trying out a new type of extended wear lens that allows you to leave them in for up to 30 days! They allow oxygen to get to the eye just the same as if you had no lens in -- I'm very excited!

Amarantha, no worries about stealing my thunder! I'm thrilled to have you on the challenge with me. So far, I love the "on track" that pops up in the journal when you've met some requirement. Too bad the prizes are only for US citizens though That trip would have been swell!

Eydie, are you in too?

Yes, please, Ms Punkin -- we want more details - could you float down a little closer to earth long enough to supply same?

Wildfire, that chicken dinner sounds goooood. And easy! I may try that one tonight.

Frogger, your wedding is going to be SPECTACULAR!

Kaylets, hope your work woes are lessened! It really sounds as if those people are unreasonable. Could you at least point out to them that there were valid reasons if you were behind? My son has been having similar issues at work: software and hardware failures, and supervisors unable to imagine how that could lead to a failure to meet targets! WHY are so many people in authority ill-suited to it? Wouldn't a little capacity for logic be helpful?

Everyone: Let's make this a great day! Love to all!

Last edited by Arabella; 03-04-2003 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:15 AM   #221  
Empress/Queen

Yo! I am on track now and heading for the showers ... did the challenge workout, but it is far less than I usually do for weights, so I added more.

Arabella: Good luck on the editorship!!!! I'll bet you get it and if not, well, there's always another one coming down the pike. Re the challenge, I didn't know the prize was for U.S. only ... how tacky!!! If I win the trip (big if), you can come with me if you want!!!! My main goal is just to use it as a way to have fun with my program and get some results, finally!

Kaylets: Thy description of thy work sounds like every newsroom I ever worked in ... you poor thing!!! Hope it settles down for thee a bit until or if you decide to get out ... email me if thou wanteth ... I'll be on road most of day, back tonight ... supposed to have lunch with managing editor and publisher today ... I'd rather not, but ...

Frogger: Again, I can't see the jpeg for some reason! But sounds as though all is in hand for the wedding except thy haircolor ... but will the veil cover the roots anyway?

Later ...
Old 03-04-2003, 02:14 PM   #222  

One down!
later
-W-
Old 03-04-2003, 02:44 PM   #223  
Is it Friday yet?

everyone! I'll be back to post after lunch...

I wanted to test my new avatar!

Terri
Old 03-04-2003, 03:13 PM   #224  

Just checkin ....
Tried catching up on posts but not there yet. Skimmed.

Frogger the brides maid dress is beautiful! Stunning

Pumpkin..that is so awesome about the guy. Im physched for u!!

Amarantha...i see alot of green guys...are green guys good or bad?

Just a big hi wonder women!!

Ha d a great work out yesterdasy..have some hope! The sun is actually shining but still freezing.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:15 PM   #225  
Is it Friday yet?

*whew* I haven't had a "normal" post since Friday! Talk about withdrawl!

Ok, "my guy" called yesterday and my Mom answered the phone and said his name, so I knew it was him, but I thought they'd be on the phone for a few minutes since they always got on so well, but no, I heard her say "yea, the kid's right here"... He called to thank me for the letter of recommendation I sent. He also wanted to know how long I'd be in L.A. (literally only a few hours) - he said his house is in in the flightline of LAX and that he'd wave when he saw a United plane go over - and said we've got to meet *some* time. I suggested we meet half way, in the bay area, one of these days and he agreed... So, that's about 10 minutes of the conversation - the other 70 minutes were chattin' about just stuff, touched on work for a minute, then back to just life in general. Nice talk...

Amarantha - your beading sounds really VERY pretty - any way of getting to see some of it?

Anagram - Oh! We're getting a Lowe's! I'm SO excited!!!! Watching Trading Spaces, they're always mentioning them and I just grumble... we're supposed to have it by next summer! (obvious debt coming!)

Miss Washu - I couldn't agree more about the work drama. I've never understood people who put SO much effort into being stressed about stuff that, in the grand scheme of things, really doesn't matter a hoot... So how was the rollerblading?

Kaylets - Yes, my 5 wild acres was a dream. It's actually what I dreamed would be my "perfect life" when my marriage was falling apart - move to Oregon, build a house on my late Grandma's land.... voila, dreams do come true - with a LOT of hard work.
Speaking of work, yours sounds hellish - I agree, time to start looking!

Ok, and to you and Amarantha - here's my life after death comment:
"I believe when we die we experience for ourselves the way we've made other people feel during our lifetime. What a treat he must be getting now to experience all the love he gave kids for over 30 years!"

Wildfire - Gods I *do* hope your daughter is going to take Grandma up on THAT kind of offer! What an incredible blessing! What an opportunity! If she doesn't "get" this - set her down on this thread and we'll all have a chat with her!
I think your cross stitching is a great idea to cure the hand-to-mouth syndrome - I, when I'm feeling "good", use my crochet or knitting - it's impossible to eat when you've got your hands full of yarn.

Ceara - Congrats on that loss you! You're doing awsome - commere' and touch my hand so your motivation and stick-to-it'ivness will rub off on me!

And.... did I see a fly-by Flower post??????

Frogger - The bridesmaids dresses are very pretty too! Sorry to hear about the hair color fiasco - I can semi-relate - I have light red roots coming out of my dark auburn "Irish Setter" hair color - so of course now *my* natural color is looking a bit green... Thank goodness I bought some burgundy'ish hair color jel to even it all out.

I guess that's all for now - I should get my billing done since tomarrow's Wednesday (aka, pre-veg day, the day preceding Friday eve).

Toodles,
Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 03-04-2003 at 04:21 PM.
Closed Thread