Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 07:38 PM   #181  

I guess im going to be the odd man (woman) out here. My hubby is great he works a 12am-8pm shift if he isn't doing overtime he cleans the house and washes the dishes for me when Im at work and since I work everyother weekend he makes sure that by the time I get home the house is tidy and that my daughters have been doing some laundry. Sure there are a couple of little things that get under my skin sometimes but I couldn't ask for a better husband. He always takes care of me when Im not feeling well or perhaps just a little overwhelmed by life. We are a family of six ranging in the ages of a 21/2 year old grandson, his 19 soon to be 20 mother who attends college everyday about an hour away, a 16 yr old daughter who goes to high school 45 min away and an 11 yr old son. This past weekend my girls had their boyfriends staying for the weekend so that made 8 of us and 1 bathroom. I guess my hubby noticed by the tone of my voice Fri afternoon that things were starting to get to me so he took me out for dinner on Sat and we had a great evening. No matter where he is or I am he calls me everyday even though I will see him that night when he gets home and he has been doing that for nearly 22 years now. Sorry I guess Im rambling a little but he really is great and I guess I sometimes forget that.

If I won a million dollars
1. I would design a new house one that has bathrooms in every bedroom and a few extra ones

2. Take a trip around the world

3. Hire a maid to clean my new house and a cook that would cook the meals I should be eating so i wouldn't have to plan so hard to stay on track with my new lifestyle of eating

4. Hire a gardener to take care of the outside of my house

5. Quit my job that is a hard one because I really like my job, yeah i know Im strange

6. I would buy or build a cottage at the beach I love going to the beach

7. Shopping, shopping and much more shopping
Old 11-04-2002, 08:05 PM   #182  

You're quite right, Dollar, I wouldn't be without my fella either, and I too sometimes take the good bits for granted. So, in the spirit of glass half full-ness:

Top five things my SO does that make me love him all over again.

Tells me I look pretty, just when I'm thinking this is the worst bad hair day I've ever had.

Pulls out seats and opens car doors for me, even after five years together. I don't care what the feminists say. I like that.

Brings me flowers for no reason at all or unexpected reasons, like when I ironed all his white business shirts.

Clucks like a chicken at the dog, sings badly in Italian while he cooks pasta, gets excited at Christmas and birthdays, Halloween and Valentines day.

Has the most wonderful hugs when I feel like the rest of the world is caving in on me.

I love that man.

Old 11-04-2002, 09:17 PM   #183  
living 1 day at a time

Fine, Fine ladies, ruin the fine spirit of crankiness that we have going on.

Top 5 things I love about my man:
1. He thinks I am the sexiest woman on the planet. I don't really understand that, but that's how he feels.

2.He lets me run things, for the most part. He obviously recongnizes my superior intellect and bows to my better judgement.

3. Ummm, he is pretty good at his husbandly duties , if you know what I mean.

4.His hugs are pretty awesome.

5. He still makes me feel tingly all over.

Love you all. Be strong!!
morningglory
Old 11-04-2002, 10:37 PM   #184  
Searching

Talking OKAY Happy Time!

Hello Ladies

Mu husband is wonderful for baiscally the same reasons as MG. And my husband and son do help around the house they just aren't as good at it or as sanitary as I am. It just starts to grate on me sometimes. Okay if I won the lottery (sometimes I don't like this game cause I start figuring the taxes in my head). I probably would not quit my job intitally because I would just miss the corn plant too darn much.

1. I would pay off all my debt
2. Buy a 2400-3000 sq. ft house with a big bathroom
3. Buy 2 new cars. For myseld a Toyota Celica 6-speed. For hubby A Toyota Camry LE V6 Automatic.
4. Buy new furniture.
5. Give my folks $10,000. Give my in-laws $50,000. For helping us in our lives.
6. Get liposuction. LOL Not sure about this one but it sounds good.
7. Buy a nice integrated entertaiment system and new top of the line computer.
8. Donate money to breast cancer research, BSA, and the ACS.
9. Travel. I would definitely go to Japan and visit my BF from college. Then I would go to Egypt, China, Thailand, and end up in Germany for an extended stay.
10. Spend $600 at a day spa just to see what it is like.

And I am sure more things. I would have to keep my job cause I could see myself getting bored in about 3-4 years.

Miss Chris
Old 11-04-2002, 11:47 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Hello there ladies. First of all mg you got it right about not being able to shot the men just love them. Let me say this on this thread miss a day and miss alot(sounds like an ad for a soap opera doesn't it) Rusty tell boxer bob way to go. You know if I was to try to feed mr fixit like I eat he would break down and die. Somedays all I eat for dinner is a salad(love them could almost live on them if it wasnt for those foods out there) and if i threw that at mr fixit he would look up and say what no meat? But my son could cope with it as long as there was peppercorn ranch dressing. You know ladies I envy you all as I read the post I was in awe of each and everyone of you. Now question how do you get your men to do so much. MIne is like what or how does this directly affect my life here and now? Is it goin to make my life better? Sometimes I think that I found him under a rock. One of the good things that he has goin for him is that he loves my son. Now if i could only get him to do things around the house and maybe even in the bedroom(wishful thinking).

here's a blessed day to everyone
sandy
p.s. if I won the lottery I would quit work and then proceed to make a lot of people happy
Old 11-05-2002, 12:24 PM   #186  
Super Star

Hello Hello Hello!!

The only thing i would like from my hubby is more lust for my form!!!

And if i won the lottery I would give my sister a bunch as her hubby lost his job in June and still has no work..and they are facing losing their home.

Then I would pay off mine and start a daycare/school for parents who are in need of a good place to put their kids, but still can afford it. One with art, culture and lots of exercise so that everyone could have the same schooling benefits as the rich do.

Tracy
Old 11-05-2002, 04:04 PM   #187  

I've always thought if I won a mega-lottery, apart from buying my dream farm and paying off my sisters mortgage, I'd like to be able to do something that would really make a practical difference in the world.You know the sort of stories you read in the paper about people who've been cheated out of all their money or had a terrible accident or loss, or can't get the medical treatment they need and you always think to yourself 'Someone should do something to help them.' Wouldn't it be cool to be able to just send them an anonymous cheque and know that you were able to leave the world a bit better than you found it.

Old 11-05-2002, 05:58 PM   #188  
Super Star

well said wykyd...well said
Old 11-05-2002, 10:52 PM   #189  
Searching

Thumbs down Very Cool Wykyd

Hello Ladies

I think alot of us just by our presence in the world make it a better place. You have to when you love a child, respect an old person, care about causes or just like today when we all go vote,

Here are my list of top causes:

1. Breast Cancer Awareness (Susan G. Komen Foundation)
2. Boy Scouts of America ( I think they do alot of good for boys despite some of thier moronic views on gays and athiests)
3. Planned Parenthood-this is the pulse of reproductive rights around the world
4. The Elderly- I pay attention to the news and when they start to shaft old people on the medicaid end or with anything else I am e-mailing my congressman/senator

On a lighter side. My favorite comic book heroes:
1. Superman- he encompasses all the good that should be
2. Batman- he is dark with problems, the man every woman wants to change and keep the same all at once.
3. Witchblade-powerful, and yet vulnerable. Still understanding what it means to be woman.
4. Rogue- Strong and lacking the ability to be touched by anyone she finds further power in her solitude
5. Wonderwoman- she makes alot of sacrifices for mortals
6. Wolverine- another bad boy with a bad attitude how can I resist?
7. Angel- he has wings and has faced alot of mistakes he has made
8. Lara Croft- she is everything I wish I was, and she has alot of fun toys and big guns
9. Batgirl- she should get upgraded to woman, but still kicks some booty
10. Xena- she was so great on TV and just as invincible in print

Miss Chris
Old 11-06-2002, 04:58 AM   #190  
Searching

Talking Remebering how this thread started

DARK CHOCOLATE LOVERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!

Check it out!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...088#post283088

Miss Chris
Old 11-06-2002, 08:06 AM   #191  
living 1 day at a time

Helping others would have to be a top priority.
1.Democratic Party
2.Children's Cancer
3.Breast Cancer
4.The Ball Club my children played for
5.Boys and Girls club
6.Those agencies that help the poor with their utilities and food bills
7.Of course, my family

I don't really read comics, so I can't make an informed list on them. I would like to have wings. Lovely, Red Feathery wings. That would be so cool. They would have to be large wings. No skimpy little wings for me.

I am very depressed with how the elections went last nite. I hope I don't offend any Republicans out there. I have decided the time has come to get off my butt and donate my time to help the party I support, because Republican control of everything scares me.
morningglory
Old 11-06-2002, 08:20 AM   #192  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

I want fins - and a tail.

"I'd like to be, under the sea."

"Darling, it's better, down where it's wetter, take it from me!"

Splish-Splash!

And if I had a couple billion dollars I'd buy Neverland from Michael Jackson and I'd sponsor about fifty kids thru the Christian Childrens Fund. We sponsored a little girl on Sumatra until she was old enough to leave home. Very gratifying, a few dollars made a huge difference there.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:56 PM   #193  
living 1 day at a time

I would also donate to the Children's Make a Wish Fund. That is a really good charity. It deserves to be supported cuz they make dreams come true.
morningglory
Old 11-06-2002, 09:49 PM   #194  

I already am a super hero! (well, okay, kind of...) I share an office (I use it some days and a colleague uses it the rest) and the person I share with calls me Super Tidy Woman, because the first thing I do when I arrive is straighten everything up and put things away. He even drew a cute cartoon of me in a red cape with a duster in one hand and a cloth in the other. I'm not that bad. Really. Wait... is that a pile of messy papers over there?....

My fave superheros/comic book characters:

Vampirella: my older sister used to buy these and I would look at the pictures wishing I looked like her. I 'm not so sure about that now, but she's still cool.

Xena- she's strong and she's a New Zealander too!(Lucy Lawless - don't you love that name?)

The Phantom - the movie sucked but the comics were great.

The Thunderbirds- Virgil was the first boy I had a crush on. (aged four) I was devestated when I found out he was just plywood and string.

Roger Ramjet- I still know the theme song!
"Roger Ramjet, he's our man , hero of the nation, for his adventures just be sure to stay tuned to this station...."

Old 11-07-2002, 08:00 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

thanks for the link miss chris. enjoyed it very much
Closed Thread