Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 08:08 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Things that I hate about Thanksgiving.

1. Food Food everywhere.
2. There is always some family member that will look at you and tell you that you would look so much better if you would just loose some weight. you are thinking there is food everywhere.
3. Football. Did anyone want the remote?
4. It starts the Christmas shopping season. Around here you don't dare go to Wally World on the weekends. Early mornings are ok and during the late night hours forget it they have too many pallets in the middle of the floors and you cant even walk around.
5. Cooking. As I said in #1 Food Food evrywhere

was just wondering what everyone else thinks.

Heres to a blessed day to you all,
sandy
Old 11-07-2002, 09:14 AM   #197  
Super Star

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I had to jump on THIS one!!

COOKING AND

CCCCLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNING up!!

Uhg..all day. I cook..Then I eat then I clean up..then I eat then I clean up again.

And trust me if I lived near a relative that wanted to have it at their house..honey i would be so GRATEFUL I would probalby die from the sheer joy of not having to put away all that stuff.

And I ahve got my routine down pretty good.

Pizza..Pizza for the big turkey day...but I LOVE TURKEY

ah the dilemema (shoot i tried 5 times to spell it..ya all know)

I am simply the bah hum bug of thanksgiving day

and to make matters worse..hubby flies in fomr a two week trip the wenesday night before..no going out for him

SIGH!!!
Old 11-07-2002, 11:54 AM   #198  

Tracy I hate the cleaning as well but this year I am goin to dothings a little differently. I am goin to use the fine china, sliver,crystal, and of course fine linen. Paper plates and cups, plastic silverware, and of course plenty of paper napkins. Now if only we had cockware of the same calibar. I think that if we could get our men to cook and clean things would be a little different.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:42 PM   #199  

Since I already had Thanksgiving up here i don't haver the problem again until Christmas. Thanksgiving was a breeze this year, it was held at my brothers house. This was the first Thanksgiving I have ever had with him and this will also be our first Christmas. Just before Christmas laast year I found out I had 5 siblings I knew nothing about. We were all put up for adoption as we were born. I have been reunited with three brothers, the youngest sibling died at age 3 and the oldest girl we have not found yet. What a shock it was to me to have them find me I never went looking for anyone. It was not possible for us to be together last Christmas because of the process that had to be followed but it will be different this year.
As far as the cooking and the clean up I love to do the cooking and as far as the clean up goes in my husband's family it is the men that clean up after Christmas dinner.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:39 PM   #200  
DNW

Default Someone Put 6 Children up for Adoption????????????

I am so glad you are reunited with your siblings...but to be frank I guess I am at a loss for words that someone would have not one but six children...and give them up for adoption....just when you think you've heard it all...well God Bless you and your new family anyway.
Old 11-07-2002, 04:31 PM   #201  

Deadnursewife - I too had a hard time with the fact someone could do this. She was not young she was 32 when the 1st one was born and 41 when the 6th one came along and he died because of that he had very severe downs. Our fathers knew nothing of us, I think she was very selfish. It doesn't really matter now though I have brothers and am very close to one we even think the samething at the same time or finish each others sentencces. I have spoken with my birth mother twice but have decide against seeing her. You know what is ironic she did eventually get married about a year after the last baby and guess what she adopted a daughter. Sorry rambling a little just thought I would fill you in.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:44 PM   #202  
Searching

Talking Hating Thanksgiving

I have a general dislike for most holidays except Christmas (I love the decorating and shopping, hate dealing with my family) and Halloween. I get past most rough spots by just going to work. Once again this year I will be working on Thanksgiving.

Things I don't care for on Thanksgiving
1. Visiting extended family. Most of them don't like you or know you so why bother.
2. Does there have to be enough food for a 3rd world country for a month.
3. Football (I was afraid I was going to be alone on that one)

Things I like on Thanksgiving
1. Nobody is at the movies its a great time to go
2. At work we bring in shrimp and all kinds of stuff. It makes it nice and homey without the extended family homey. (how does it go, You can choose your friends but your family is thrust upon you).

Well you ladies havea good one!
Miss Chris
Old 11-08-2002, 07:20 AM   #203  
living 1 day at a time

First off, dollar, what a strange situation with your biological mom giving you and your siblings up for adoption. I am very glad your brothers found you. It sounds like you have found peace with the situation. I wish you luck and strength.
Thanksgiving: What a stressful holiday. I like Thanksgiving. One day of eating won't kill me. I don't even worry about that. I usually have the meal at my house, because other holiday's are at other sibling's houses. Precleaning is where I stress out. We all bring something (I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters), mom cooks, and it usually goes pretty good. My contribution consists of homemade mashed potatoes and rolls. Sometimes I bring the olives. No biggy, no stress. Cleaning up afterwards can be a hassle.

Things I hate about Thanksgiving:
1. Leftovers. We never eat them, so they end up turning green and crawling around in my fridge before I finally call in the Green Beret and CDC to get rid of them.

2.Fighting. My mom and dad love to pick at each other. It never stops. Sometimes I feel like leaving. Of course, since it's at my house that really isn't possible. Oh, well.

3.Cleaning both before and after. I hate that the men pretend like they don't know the women are cleaning. It just jams my printer. When we go to Don's house for Christmas I refuse to help his mother unless he does. I just think it's fair that if I am working he should be working.

Things I like about Thanksgiving:
1.Pieecan, pumpkin, chocolate, mincemeat, apple, I love pie!!!

2.Rolls, I love rolls. I love bread. I can take or leave the turkey, but I love bread. I guess stuffing fits in this catagory.

3.I like the sense of community, of family when we all get together. It's really nice until my mom bops dad with the frying pan and my bro starts to strangle my other bro.

Enough of the morningglory family of disfunction and controversy (it's so empty without me).
morningglory
Old 11-08-2002, 08:33 AM   #204  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

This Thanksgiving will be a sad one. Last year my Dad and my beloved stepmom, Jo, had the whole family together for the annual traditional, *beginning of the holidays* turkey dinner. This was the twentieth or so with a dozen of us getting together to eat and visit. I'm glad Bob and I took pictures and were the last to leave so we could visit a little longer.

A couple days later (on my Dad's birthday) Jo died suddenly of a heart attack as they were driving home from a little lunch celebration with friends.

Jo was the glue to held us all together and maintained the family traditions. Luckily, her family is warm and loving and have stepped in to support my Dad. There are a half dozen sisters and it's helped to keep my Dad going, knowing they are all sharing this time with him.

Hey, thanks for listening.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:19 AM   #205  
Searching

Unhappy What is it about November?

Rusty you always feel free to share your heart with us!

November is hard one for us too. Heidi and Kirk got married on the 13th, so much potential. She has an aneurysm 3 months later, thier marriage can never recover the loss of the "old" Heidi.

My friend Glen went to prison that same November. Its been 4 years, he has 8 more left to go. He is missed very much. He use to call every Thanksgiving, but its too hard. He sends Christmas cards. We were hoping he would get moved to Kansas so he would be a bit closer. Not that the drive to Minnesota is awful, but I hate the gaurds there. You lose all rights when you go to prison, and apparently this applies to the people who visit you.

Wow I have nothing now to follow this up. So I guess I'll see ya'll later.

Miss Chris
Old 11-08-2002, 10:42 AM   #206  

Hope we don't all binge when we're depressed! There won't be enough food on the planet.

Looking on the bright side - when we miss our friends and family we learn to be grateful for the happy moments in our lives!

When I count my blessings, I count you all TWICE!
Old 11-08-2002, 12:29 PM   #207  

I don't know if it is the Holliday season that makes us binge or the cold weather that comes with it. Dollar Bless your heart I could only imagine what finding, goin through and dealing with you situation would be like. But it the end I think that you have received many blessing. Rusty so sorry to hear about your loss, I will keep you and each and everyone of you in my prayers. I honestly belive that during the hollidays we allow ourselves to be a little more open, we care more about what it is going on around us and it is them that we begin to think on things a little more than we did during the rest of the year. Anyway that is the way it is with me. During the year I am so busy with work, then my son activities, and helping out my mother that sometimes(more often than not) I can only focus on the task at hand. Ok I will stop rambling on here. The hollidays have begun and I have already begun to feel the pressure of it all. Help some smack my hand
Old 11-09-2002, 09:40 PM   #208  
living 1 day at a time

Rusty, I am sorry to hear bout the loss of your step-mom. I hope you are able to have a good holiday, and remember the good times. Miss Chris, sorry to hear bout Heidi and Glen. I like the holiday's for the most part. What I really hate about them is the pressure to make Christmas all about how much you spend. That is not what the season is about. I wish everyone well.
morningglory
Old 11-10-2002, 05:18 AM   #209  
Super Star

Dear Dollar and Rusty and all you super wonderful talented people.

Dollar i am so sorry about what your Mom did. But am also happy that you finally know about your siblings. I love my sisters and wish i had more. I know it is painful and I hope you post about what will be happening in the future. I will be reading every word you post.

Rusty I am so sorry about your step mother. It is so hard to deal with a death of someone you love. But as my sister became a stepmother two years agao i am so happy to know how much you loved your stepmother...this will give her hope.

Two years agao we lost two members of our family in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My husband's sister and mother died within 4 days of each other. I do not think my husband has ever recovered. So as we head inot the holiday season...my hubby will grieve again. This will be the first year we will not travwel to my parents in Florida. It is simply too much for him, so I told him we would stay home and go later after Christmas.

Gigglez..you will do great!! You soound like you wear off all that you may eat!!

Morning i hear ya on the pressure. Sometime I wish christmas was in the middle of the year. I sure would be better prepared for it.

Ro..i am sorry about Heidi..that is just so sad..so sad. I am lso sory about Glen, though it is good to know he stays in touch wiht you. It must be hard for him too.

Deadnurse..i hope you are doing good and that all is good wiht the deadnurse hubby!!

all for now!!

you all are simply the best!!
Old 11-10-2002, 07:32 AM   #210  

Guess what time it is!

HORMONE HOSTAGE Every "Hormone Hostage" knows that there are days in the month when all a man has to do is open his mouth, and he takes his life in his hands. This is a handy guide that should be as common as a driver's license in the wallet of every husband, boyfriend, or male child.

DANGEROUS: What's for dinner?
SAFER: Can I help you with dinner?
SAFEST: Where would you like to go for dinner?

DANGEROUS: Why are you so worked up?
SAFER: Could we be overreacting?
SAFEST: Here's fifty dollars.

DANGEROUS: Are you wearing THAT?
SAFER: Gee, you look good in brown.
SAFEST: Wow! Look at you!

DANGEROUS: Should you be eating that?
SAFER: You know, there are a lot of apples left.
SAFEST: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?

DANGEROUS: What did you do all day?
SAFER: I hope you didn't overdo it today.
SAFEST: I've always loved you in that robe.

Top 9 Things PMS Stands For:
1 Pass My Shotgun
2 Pack My Stuff
3 Perpetual Munching Spree
4 Puffy Mid Section
5 People Make Me Sick
6 Provide Me with Sweets
7 Pardon My Sobbing
8 Pimples May Surface
9 Please; More Salt
Closed Thread