Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 05:16 PM   #151  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Ya know - I'm still picturing our resident chemist as a Capuchin Monkey with Harry Potter glasses. LOL

...And I wanna see Morning Glory's red hair!
Old 10-30-2002, 09:14 PM   #152  
Searching

Talking I LOVE U GALS!

Hello Beautiful Ladies

I want to thank you'll for being so awesome and making me laugh my butt off (OMG IT"S ALREADY GONE! )

Rusty I love your hair! How many times have I dyed my hair red? I love it, about 10! So lets see MG's hair!

Okay MG I like to eat everything on your hate list except BUGS! Which is pretty weird for a monkey! Give me your sushi and your oysters, which are awesome by the way with lots o hot sauce, I will save you all. I of couse have a mild reaction to shell fish so I often get a bit buzzed from eating it

Okay I like trash tabloids and Women's Mags. This is my big confession, but I mean Chemical and Engineering News can be so dull sometimes. And most people would rather dish on Angelina Jolie than some chemical reaction. So let me tell you'll about my secret pleasure!

1. The Star- It tends to be pretty accurate except for Oprah who I think hires a fat body double to walk around Chicago to screw them up.
2. The Enquirer-I hate to love them. They are totally awful and inappropriate, they bother stars at way too personal moments. And I loathe myself everytime I buy one!
3. Glamour-how stupid do they really believe women are. ANY WOMEN WHO TAKE THIS AS REAL ADVICE, these people are morons, and Men Should worry about pleasing us! When I read this I can feel my IQ dropping
4. Cosmo-SEE GLAMOUR!
5. And the list goes on!

So there are my 2 cents!
Ms. Chris
Old 10-30-2002, 10:15 PM   #153  
living 1 day at a time

I can't put up a picture right now. My hair is not as bright as Rusty's. Do you also eat internal organs Ms. Chris? My hair is down to my butt. I really don't know why I let it grow so long. Ok, well, see you all in the morning.
morningglory
Old 10-31-2002, 10:18 AM   #154  

Happy Halloween! Seems like my hair really set fire in that picture, MG. It's funny - does yours photograph differently from day to day? Sometimes mine is a dark auburn. Hard to believe from that picture, tho!

This was taken at the beach - 9/11/01 - our 19th anniversary. We didn't hear about the terrorism until the next morning when we got the paper.

Hi Lil Minkey Chemist. Funny, I have a biology degree and when I mention my tabloid trash addiction, people gasp. It's my dirty little secret!

I get the Globe, too. At least the three we've mentioned don't have Batboy and Nostrodamus on the cover every other week. Or Bill Clinton shaking hands with an alien. The WWN is just too stoopid, even for me!

PS Long hair is sexy - ask any man. They don't care if it takes three hours to wash and dry - it's a fantasy thing. I lopped almost all of mine off three years ago so I could get rid of a bunch of uneven layers and feathered bangs and I just finally got it where I want it for a while. Last hurrah before my fifties when maybe I'll get practical and keep it short.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:11 PM   #155  
living 1 day at a time

You know, I have always had long hair, of varying lengths. My youngest son really has a hair fetish. One day I got tired of it, all I ever did was tie it back so I got it hacked off to about half-way down my neck. A very drastic change. I went in to work and nobody reconized me. The manager even asked if he could help me. Don recognized me, but even he had to do a double take. I went home to show my kids and Brandon (my youngest) burst into tears. He begged me to have it put back on. He was probably about 4 at the time. He really was traumatized by it. When my daughter got sick with cancer we knew she would lose her hair. We warned him. Unfortunately, it mostly all fell out at the hospital, and what didn't we buzzed. When we came home I took Brandon aside and told him he musn't act upset when he saw her. And God love him, he tried. He walked into the room, took a look at his beautiful, bald sister and burst into tears. He ran from the room. I looked at Mandy to see if she was upset, but she said to go after him. I held him and comforted him the best I could. He eventually got used to it, but he was very happy to see hair finally grow back. So was I. I haven't cut my hair since.
morningglory
Old 10-31-2002, 09:59 PM   #156  
Searching

Wink I am a confessed hair abuser

Hello Ladies

My hair is naturally blond, but I am pretty daring. I have had it at all lengths and colours. Right now it is shoulder length, ash blond. But I have to confess to the worst I ever did was dye it pink. The pink stuff was in to the cuticle and I had to get a virgin bleach (BURNED MY SCALP) and most of it hacked. In a way I prefer it shorter, it looks really pretty down, but down most the time isn't practical. But men have this hair fantasy!

Ms. Chris
Old 11-01-2002, 07:49 AM   #157  
living 1 day at a time

I have never really dyed my hair another color. Occasionally I have had highlights put in. But, one time for Halloween I was the bride of Frankenstien. I put my hair up and used that spray on color to do it black with the white streak. It took like 3 or 4 cans. It was awesome looking. However, I had to wash my 4 times before it stopped running black. Even then I kept coming up with black patches.
BTW, I have lost 5lbs. since I last weighed myself(about 2 weeks ago)
morningglory
Old 11-01-2002, 08:18 AM   #158  

MG - bet you were happy to see that on the scale!

I'm still up here on my lonesome plateau *weighting* for a down elevator. LOL

"Beautiful young chemist seeks cuddly teddy bear for good times. Let's eat fruits and berries, and hibernate all winter."
Old 11-02-2002, 12:49 AM   #159  
Searching

Talking Hello!

I love to wave at ya'll

Rusty, you know fruits and berries aren't on my diet

I think we need a standing ovation for MG and her weightloss :

My Favorite TV Shows of All Time
1. Deep Space 9
2. Star Trek Next Generation
3. Xena Warrior Princess
4. Outer Limits
5. Twilight Zone
6. X-Files
7. Star Trek
8. Fawlty Towers
9. Good Neighbors
10. Monty Python

Honorable mention Seinfeld and Are you Being Served?

Waiting to see/or too soon cancelled
1. Dark Angel
2. Birds of Prey
3. Something Chance that was on Fox for awhile. I really liked it. It was a guy that had luck all the time.
4. Smallville
5. Enterprise- good acting, slow pace!

Miss Chris
Old 11-02-2002, 09:48 AM   #160  
stbakd

happy saturday everyone. fruit isn't in my either but should be.
mg. way to go loser. i think i found them
it's time i got on the circit.
glen
Old 11-02-2002, 11:04 AM   #161  
Super Star

LADIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HAppy i am glad it is not HAlloween anymore!! More puter problems!!

Ro YOU ae beautiful!! Not only on the outside but your brain is amazing!! Thank you for sharing your picture!!

Morning!! I love ya girl!!lol..besided your baked good are not on my buy one get one free aisle..lol..so I love ya too g/f!!!lol

Ro my hubby's fav brit shows are on your list..lol engineers unite..lol..i wish you were my neighbor!!

Rusty!! I love that picture..lol and i love your saying at the borrom of your post..lol..Another wonderful mind!!lol You too have a great picture and a fabulous mind!!And i love all shades of hair..lol..

Helftyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy my buddyyyyyyyyyyyyy.who luvs ya??

Only pic of me that i have is this Hallowens kabuki looking witch..Seriously white skin..lol as my kids said..woah Momma you sure look scary. Nuff said my children..lol

Love ya all!!

Tracy
Old 11-02-2002, 11:26 AM   #162  
stbakd

tracy glad to see you're alive and well. hope everyone is going on the right food and
ttfn
Old 11-02-2002, 09:30 PM   #163  
living 1 day at a time

Good to see you back Tracy.
Don't mind me too much if I don't post as regularly. I have been trying to get sick and my body is worn out fighting it. I feel like sleeping for a year (yet another great way to lose weight). So, I may be a lurker til I get to feeling well. Be strong all. Love ya!!
morningglory
Old 11-03-2002, 01:26 AM   #164  

Happy Saturday all!

A list of your favourite tv shows and a discussion about hair colour. What more could a girl want?I love this thread! I have dyed my hair a variety of colours over the years, some definitely better than others. I even double bleached and went blonde, a huge misake for a deep brown-eyed, olive skinned person (think Versace's sister).
Rochemist, I have the honour of living with a Trekkie, although I'm not one myself. He told me once that he fell in love with me because I can do the seperated finger 'live long and prosper' thing. Sad man.

Okay- favourite tv shows of all time.

Fawlty Towers
Monty Python
EastEnders
Frasier
Six Feet Under

Worst tv shows

Coronation Street
Temptation Island
The Waltons

Old 11-03-2002, 02:03 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Hello all Divas.. Mg on the weight loss, and sorry to hear that you are feelin under the weather. Can't resist the tv show thing so heres my 2 cents

1. Days(ok others problems are much better than mine)
2. Friday the 13th the series
3. Sliders
4. Er
5. Any day now(wish that it was still on. dang those producers)
6. In livin color
7. Married with children(got to admire al bundy)

You know the hair thing that someone said about all men loving it and thinking it was sexy was oh so true. The idiot repairman(hubby) has been beggin me to let mine grow. Don't men realize how hard it is to take care of. Everyone have a wonderfully blessed day.

sandy
Closed Thread