Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 07:23 PM   #31  
Finally Fit!

I also have to say that I love California Roll , dipped in Soy Sauce... with chopsticks. Love it Love It Love It
Old 10-10-2002, 10:38 PM   #32  
living 1 day at a time

Default Great Hubby

Tracy,
We have been together for a little over 10 years. He is wonderful. I am so glad and lucky to have found him. I think that we have compromised on the things we like to do. He is not much for going out. We almost never go to the movies, which I really love to do.

And the staying at home rubbing body parts benefits us both, lol.
What do you do to relax? With 4 very busy children it is hard for us to find time alone together, so when we are we really really enjoy ourselfs.

ttfn, morningglory
Old 10-10-2002, 10:49 PM   #33  
Searching

Talking Dark Chocolate Lovers Unite

Dark Chocolate Lovers Unite! I like that maybe we could start our own political party. Our platform would have to include plenty of heavy lobbying from chocolate corporate sponsors

Been pondering MG's ways to alleviate stress. I do what I do and mostly I thrive on stress. Get me under the gun in a problem solving situation and you'll get me at my best. My boss describes it as creating my own level of anxiety . My biggest stressors are the days right before and during my Auntie Flo's visit. I can't think and I go nuts and I yell and sometime cry alot. My creativity is at an all time low and my self esteem sucks :hypno: and I am so just ARGH! But this is what I do:

1. Long hot showers
2. Lots of cuddling
3. Wax my eyebrows (this is my self destruction)
4. Wear my fat old lady panties and other "comfort" clothes
5. Read mindless dribble

Somehow it makes me feel better so it relieves my stress. Any other thoughts?

Ms. Chris

(Aunt Flo is here so the quality of this post may be at an all time low )
Old 10-10-2002, 11:01 PM   #34  

Had to post a reply since I was being a lurker- hope you don't mind.

Thanks Ms. Chris for your list of things you never do or whatever it was called- I was going to eat a snack of chocolate muffins for several of the reaons on your list- hubby not doing what I want- evening not going right etc- but I stopped.

You ladies are a hoot! My husband wishes I would seduce him- did a lot when we were 1st married- maybe has something to do with having a baby and the stage in my life.

Anyway, thanks ladies for your inspiration!

By the way I love dark chocolate and so do both my sister in laws!
Old 10-10-2002, 11:52 PM   #35  
Searching

Post Reading through the posts

I was reading through all our posts and I think we have some great stuff in here. Well of course we are all thoughtful awesome women!

I wanted to say something about being sexy and seducing hubby. Sexy is as sexy does. If my old man thinks I am hot and I start to do the little things he likes. The corset, the hair down, the smiling, wearing high heels, all the sudden it doesn't matter that I am 200 lbs. +. Other people notice too. Then it becomes that circle your looking sexy, then your feeling sexy, and then your climbing all over each other like a crazy jungle gym

That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Ms. Chris
Old 10-11-2002, 02:48 PM   #36  
Super Star

I love hot baths..music and reading..and a good....lol

Girl if you have 4 kids and still do that cuddling thing..honey..DR> PHil should be giving YOU his talk sho!! YOU are the HERO of this post!! SO..tell us more.for i am taking notes

Hiya sshomemom..how are ya?? I have seen you on another thread, and am glad you are here.

Ro...you truly have an amazing mind..I love it..keep it coming!!

Howdy Starkeeper and Svelte..any choc. is GOOD choc.lol.

Now the things toat would turn on my hubby..

mowing the lawn (me..ha)

Fixing the gutters (I am afriad of heights)

and watching married wiht children(which..reminds me of my LIFE..lol HA!!)

SO i hate to say this..

Hubby..no way...
Old 10-11-2002, 08:01 PM   #37  
living 1 day at a time

Default Not married with children

Tracy,
I don't blame you. I won't even allow him to watch Married with children in my house, and mowing the lawn is his JOB!!!

We are lucky to still lust after each other.
He thinks I am so sexy and I think he is lucky to have me.

Ro, you are right. Sexy is as sexy does. I can be in my ugly ole sweat pants, paint stained shirt, hair mussed and give him a huge wink and boom!! he's dragging me by my hair, errrrrrr, never mind, lol!!

Right before my time of month I tend to get a tad bit unreasonable. I just can't seem to keep my stress down no matter what. Usually, if I can get some quiet time, then I can (hopefully) destress.

ttfn, morningglory
Old 10-11-2002, 11:47 PM   #38  

I guess I'll work on feeling sexy! Still thinkingabout the 5 musts- 1 is definately Dunkin' Donuts (fortunately or not , the closest one is 1 1/2 hours away and fudge and truffles
Old 10-12-2002, 06:16 AM   #39  
Super Star

Morning ..lol..thank you..lol..I feel like Peg Bundy is my life!!!

SS..hmmm ours is dowtown..and I had no idea they had that stuff!! Good thing I am poor right now is all I can say!!

I used to feel pretty...but to me... my next hubby if i have one will be short, fat and bald (ooposite of my hubby) I think that man would love me..for me..and probably have developed his sense of humor..WHICH to me..is the SEXIEST thing..about anyone!!

I love this thread..thanks for letting me join!!!
Old 10-12-2002, 10:27 AM   #40  
stbakd

i hope you ladies are taking it easy on the must have and going s
tracey: there is an article in this months readers digest for you to read. it suggest have your favorite foods in moderation.
my musts are chips and beer. ttfn
glen (hefty)
Old 10-12-2002, 10:30 AM   #41  
Super Star

Ok Glenn..i love ya like a nun

but did you have to mention CHIPSSSSSSSSSS??

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I love ya... You make me laugh

Heading for the reader's digest now!!

Ps what KIND of beer..wait..do NOT tell me..i have to go to the grocery store!!!

The Goodbye Chips Girl
Old 10-12-2002, 02:30 PM   #42  
Searching

Talking Wow this thread has taken off

I am happy to see so many new posts and new faces

Chips and beer. I can see that as a must have. More chips than beer for me.

How about this for a topic:
What is the worst diet you have been on?

I went on one of those liquid diet once. I was so light headed that after bicycling I came home lost my balance and conked my head.I felt like a huge idiot!

I think I have found a new truism. Consistency. I was reading Grillers journal and it occurred to me though I am often good about my mini-meals if my mood is off or I get upset I might skip a meal setting me up to cheat later. So I think that will be a mini-goal for next week, eat and excersise consistently despite mood or "outside" barriers for the week.

Ms. Chris
Old 10-12-2002, 04:13 PM   #43  
Super Star

For me

when i was dating my hubby..i was so upset..i ate three muffins a day (mini)

and then my tummy hurt so bad from dieting..i had to eat babyfood until i saw i doctor.

hmmmm
Old 10-12-2002, 05:14 PM   #44  

Hey all!

Dunkin' Donuts doesn't have fudge, not a great typist, didn't get it separated

Top 5
Chocolate-fudge, truffles etc
Dunkin' Donuts
Cheesecake with chocolate crust
strawberry pie
ice cream

Worst diet-proably the a fruit veggie fiasco- one day was only bananas, one day only melons, one day was bananas and milk It was hard to keep up with and yucky!

i have heard that consistency is the key that's why I want something I can live with for life not just for a short time Anybody got any suggestions or things that work for them?

Tracy- sense of humor is a must!!! Before I was married that was a top five must have-couldn't live without I'll have to remember that next time he's being funny and it drives me nuts!

TTFN
Old 10-12-2002, 09:34 PM   #45  
living 1 day at a time

Default Fad Diets

I have never really been on a fad diet. I usually just cut calories and pray for strength. The thought of eating only one kind of food has never appealed to me. Maybe if there was a donut diet a toast with lots of butter diet I might reconsider.
I have, unfortunately done unhealthy and dangerous stuff to lose weight. It worked, but I felt really stupid and tired all the time. Had to take caffenine pills to get through the day.
Luckily I came to my senses before I did too much damage to my body.
I love the way this thread is going. I am really happy that I found this place.
I can't write anymore. I am so tired yet have so far yet to travel, lol. One more day of work, then I can rest. Have a lovely weekend all!!!!!

ttfn, morningglory
Closed Thread