Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 08:26 AM   #166  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Hmm - I don't watch TV - too stuck on books and webcams - which I often do simultaneously.

Trek fans - you MUST have seen Galaxy Quest! Man, we watch that and Mystery Men about every three months. Have them both about memorized! Two great ensemble casts!

I LOVE Alan Rickman! He is sooooo sharp:

"Cancel Christmas!"

Morning Glory - rest and drink aromatic tea and come on back to us when you feel better. {{Hugs}}
Old 11-03-2002, 09:24 AM   #167  
stbakd

hope you feel better soon morning glory
tv shows
grand old opry,reba, 8 rules for dating and fraser ttfn

glen
Old 11-03-2002, 10:27 AM   #168  

Do you silly people have any other favorite threads where you hang out?

Happy Sunday morning! Just made an awesome breakfast - so low cal that I can hardly believe it. LOL

I've become this devoted fan of Eggbeaters. They aren't some weird fake thing - they're just eggwhites in an easy pour little milk carton. They make great egg sandwiches, scrambled eggs and omelettes.

I just threw some scallions, a small red papper and a half a can of mushrooms into the frying pan with a squirt of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. Browned them up a little bit, rock n rolled the Eggbeaters til they were all shook up and dumped them in - 4 eggs worth - and turned them a few times. One more spritz of the spray and served it (to ME!) with two slices of wheat bread and some medium hot salsa.

Mmmmm. the 4 Eggbeaters = 120 calories, toast = 160/2 slices, the salsa and veggies - negligible calorie content. Maybe ?50.

Made BoxerBob a couple sandwiches on small Kaiser rolls, browned, one Eggbeater each, one slice of lean ham each (30 calories ea) and a half of a slice of American cheese (70/slice) each.

I used to make them dripping in margarine and cheese and whole eggs and they were 1800+ calories just for his breakfast. So, he can still have his eggs and eat them, too!

He lost six pounds this week - his first week eating what I eat mostly. Lucky dog!
Old 11-03-2002, 03:54 PM   #169  

I knew I forgot one- one of my favourite comedy shows of all time, 'Family Guy'. How could they cancel it???? Loved that evil baby!

Old 11-03-2002, 07:48 PM   #170  
living 1 day at a time

Hi all!! I sure rested today. I rested while I cleaned and cooked. At least I don't feel as crappy as I did yesterday. I actually sat down for a few moments yesterday, just to rest before I started supper, and fell asleep. I was worn out. Thank you all for your words of support and sympathy.
I go to a few other threads Rusty, but none capture my attention as much as this one.

Favorite TV shows.
1.Good Eats
2.Iron Chef
I don't really have any other. I love the food network.

Top 4 Reasons Why Men Suck:
1.They are lazy pigs
2.They smell funny
3.All they think about is you know what
4.They are lazy pigs (yes, I know I already said it, but it's worth saying again)
morningglory
Old 11-03-2002, 07:50 PM   #171  
living 1 day at a time

PS.
Rusty congratulate BoxerBob for me!! Awesome job, even if he is a man.
MG
Old 11-04-2002, 08:11 AM   #172  

You can tell that I haven't watched TV for a while - the shows on my favorite list are:

The Addams Family - Gomez and Morticia were so sexy!

The Muppets

David Attenborough programs

James Burke programs

Ken Burns programs - most

BoxerBob is surprising the heck out of me - he is sticking like glue to the foods I recommend and serve. Last night I made a half-pound of angel hair and a very chunky vegetable spaghetti sauce with a 1/3 lb of ground sirloin. We always had a pound of burger and a pound of angel hair - but he didn't make a peep - just savored every bite and didn't GROAN when he finished, about being stuffed and uncomfortable!

**I always put in six hot sausages (that I get on sale and then give them to the dogs before I serve.) LOL We don't like sausage but we love the flavor it gives the sauce. Adds a little oil to the sauce, too, so I can skip added fats.**

Still have half the sauce left for another night! I think I'm learning to practice portion control!

I'm down 2 lbs from Saturday! Hope it stays - I seem to see-saw.

I've been making a snack jar up for Bob, too - he always munched junk food during movies. It's a handful of frosted mini-wheats, broken graham crackers, raisins and Kashi Cinna-Raisin Crunch. It's great!
Old 11-04-2002, 08:21 AM   #173  
living 1 day at a time

Way to go Rusty!!! I think you are right. Ultimately, it is about portion control. I truely believe that if we can get that down, the rest is... well, not easy, but less difficult.
Your dinner sounds yummy!! Tonight I am making Don's birthday dinner. It's not his birthday today, but I hate trying to cook a complicated meal after work. I always feel like I am running behind. I am making him chili, chicken, and cheese enchiladas. He loves those. But I will only eat one, because I am strong, and of course, I am an angel. LOL!!!!
Have a great morning!!!!
morningglory
Old 11-04-2002, 08:30 AM   #174  
Super Star

Morning!!

I think this thread should be a tv show!! Your minds are blowing me away!! WHoheeeeeeeeeeee!!

My hubby loves Married with children. It is the bane of my existence. How can such an educated calssic loving man love that show.

But..i have turned into the Peg of that show,

I swear on Holidays and my birthdays AL..consents to his duty,

Now what was that about life imitating art??hmmm

Ps morning I hope you are feeling better!! And Glenn I have resisted the candy!

Old 11-04-2002, 08:51 AM   #175  

Good Mornign folks,
Im new to this thread but thought i would give it a try, I have spent sometime reading your entries and I liked what I read.
I too have red hair but mine is very short. I use to have it long because when I met my hubby he wanted me to grow it so silly me I did. Well mine is so thick I got headaches and a sore neck from the weight of it so off in came and I have never looked back. I love to be able to wash it and have it be dry in 1/2 instead of 6 hours like it use to take. I have only coloured it a couple of times and that was just to try covering the bits of grey that are coming in but I never liked what i got.
Well I will post here more often if that is ok with the rest of you.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:46 AM   #176  
living 1 day at a time

Tracy, I am feeling much better thank you. Sorry to hear bout your hubby, lol. Mine would ravish me two or three times a day, if the kids weren't around. Ah, poor me.
Dollar, you are of course more than welcome here. The more the merrier, I always say. Of course, you can't apply that philosophy to everything, but in this case it's ok.
morningglory
Old 11-04-2002, 12:02 PM   #177  
Searching

Talking Welcome Dollar

Hello Ladies and Glen!

Okay I think you ladies know I am a little list obsessive. It gives me a point of reference, something to check off, and a way to organize my thoughts. Well I was going to put this all in my journal but I thought you gals would understand my list thing more. So anyway..............Last night when I left for work not only was I miserable Tod(my SO) and I were screaming. It went on when I got to work So we are on the phone and he says,"I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO MAKE YOU HAPPY". So I hung up and I started writing. My first list was............

WHY MY HUSBAND IS A MORON

I won't burden you'll with that list.

My secon list was.............

HOW MY HUSBAND CAN MAKE ME HAPPY
1. Talk to me! Tell me everything that is going on with you and don't hold back. I worry about you, and need to know you are okay.
2.QUIT MOLESTING ME! Grope boy has to end, I am ready to be made love to
3.Help me and yourself keep our budget in check
4.FOLLOW THROUGH!If you tell me you are going to do something, DO IT.
5. Kiss me when I come home.

(WE always have at least 1 fight when I am on nights, nights for 4 months does that mean I get 4 )

MY LISTS WORKED. It organized my thoughts, he listend!!!!!!!!!!!I came home this morning and my house was immaculate, there was fresh coffee in the pot, and a note that said I love you

So here is another list from Chris!

5 Things I want to Learn to Do in My Life
1. Tear down and rebuild an engine
2. Paint
3. Interior decorate
4. Sky Dive
5. Bake bread

YOU ALL ARE AWESOME QUEENS!
Miss Chris
Old 11-04-2002, 03:18 PM   #178  
living 1 day at a time

I hadn't noticed that you are list-freak, Ms. Chris
I think the men have lost their ever-loving minds. They need some serious therapy. Maybe I should try to make a list of things Don could do to make me happy. That would have to be private, of course
Ok, here's what I would do if I won the lottery. What I would do for myself, because, of course I would share with my family and do stuff for the kids, not Don though. Well, maybe I would do something for Don, but he would have to be very very good.

1. I would buy, or rent, or whatever you do, a maid. Tall, handsome, tan muscular with a tight lil' rear end. I would have him bend over a lot and give me a lot of body rubs. I would also get a couple of old, ugly female maids to do the housework

2.Travel. Everywhere. See the US, and the world.

3.Duh, quit work.

4.Learn to do the things I really want to know how to do.

5.Go to the ocean anytime I want.

6.Get this body in shape, hire someone to kick Toby Keith's wifes butt and marry him. Just kidding, I think.

7. Go to cooking school.

8. Go shopping for just anything I want. Just buy, buy, buy.

Hehehehehe back to reality
morningglory
Old 11-04-2002, 03:47 PM   #179  

Top 5 things my SO does to p*ss me off....

Listens to the first three words I say and then thinks he knows what I'm talking about.

Procrastinates. (Yeah, I promise I'll book those show tickets/fix that blender/water those plants today. tomorrow, next Monday, hey whadda you know...they sold out/warranty expired/died!)

Comes home and asks me what I did to 'fill in the day' (I largely work from home) like I ate bonbons and watched Oprah for 9 hours.

Tries to take over if I do any 'handyperson' stuff. Though I've found the best way to get him to do things around the house is to pick up a sledgehammer and start swinging.

Lets just say no woman should ever have to share a bathroom with a man. It should be in the U.N human rights bill. Now.

Having said all that, he is an aboslute honey most of the time, he just needs a bit more training.

Old 11-04-2002, 03:56 PM   #180  
living 1 day at a time

Men, you can't shoot em', God love em. Huh? Doesn't is suck sometimes wykyd?
Closed Thread