Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 10:06 AM   #46  
Super Star

Hiya!!

Morning glory..i have to say I am so thankful I found this one!! I love to be challenged mentally and love to laugh!!

SS..ok..i love tuffles..anykind..lol and i love those MILLIONS of kinds of donuts..but espeicially Krispy Kreme..so now i am headed for teh pickels and praying that God for just 5 minutes will amke them taste like the stuff you posted!!!

Ps..i think a sense of humor or a quirky personality si THE best thing ever...get your hubby over here so he can rub off on mine!!
Old 10-13-2002, 10:43 AM   #47  
Searching

Angry Hello

Bon Jour! Hola! Guten Tage!

OH GEE SS DO YOU HAVE THE SWEETEST TOOTH! Your list was making me think about all sorts of bad things.

Plus that diet sounds totally gross, the one food per day diet. It gets you to quit eating by limiting your options to nothing.

MG, I agree I have sometimes done some dangerous things to lose weight. They never worked and because the associated starvation factor I always ended up binge eating.

Okay so we started this thread listing our yummiest foods we couldn't live without. I also have a list of "diet" foods I can't live without either.

1. Green beans-low calorie, go with anything, commonly served
2. Salad in a bag-does it get any easier?
3. Low-cal vanilla ice cream (at 100-110 cal per 1/2 cup who can beat it)
4. Tuna fish- you can eat a whole can for 120 cal
5. Eggs-a whole egg has 70 cal
6. Pre-packaged Frozen dinners
7. Yogurt- Yoplait has made the Whips that taste like desert for 140 cal and Fit-n-Trim(Dannon) gives you a full 8 oz. cup for 120 cal

Now this list is making me hungry.
Ciao Bellas!
Ms. Chris
Old 10-13-2002, 06:59 PM   #48  
stbakd

happy Sunday all. today is canadian thanksgiving. i'm having leftover turkey breast with potatoes and beans. ttfn
glen
Old 10-13-2002, 08:38 PM   #49  
living 1 day at a time

Default Yummy low cal foods

Seems like an oxy-moron, doesn't it.
1.popsicles-40 cals. no fat
2.pretzels dipped in mustard
3.yougart-very tasty and satisfying
4.donuts (oops, wrong list)
4.(the real #4)whole wheat bread(not really a diet food, but since I have started eating healthier I have discarded white bread) Much tastier and actually good for me(except for the butter and jam that magically appear on it)
5.grilled chicken

That's enough for now. Tomorrow is my day off, woohoo!!!

ttfn, morningglory
Old 10-14-2002, 03:23 PM   #50  
Searching

Lightbulb HMMM

Hello Everybody!

Well I read about every diet in the world thinking I am just going to find this amazing plan that will make me a size 9 in 2 weeks. Aint happening chickies!

So you read all this stuff and they have calorie counters. So how do they figure it all out. For example watching TV burns 1 calorie per minute, reading and sitting burns 2 calories per minute. So since I am a multitasker and say liek to be on the computer while I am doing all this (2 calories per minute) do I get to add them all up = 5 calories/minute Just a thought

This other guy wants you to drink a gallon of water a day. Well thats cool I only drink water and coffee. But he wants it to be cold water, so you jump start your metabolism by heating it up. Okay isn't room temp 70-75 F and human body temp 98 F so even if you drink it at room temp your body has to heat it up!
Whatever!

So how is everyone? Anything new?
Ms. Chris
Old 10-15-2002, 02:21 PM   #51  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

My turn - this thread is a hoot and an inspiration!

Can't live without:

1. McDs Double Cheeseburgers

2. Pepperoni Pizza

3. Fried Rice

4. Butterball Chicken Fingers with Ranch Dressing

5. Fried Mozzarella Sticks with Salsa

So - which on these things is not like the rest? None! I do seem to have a taste for fried, salty, breaded, starchy foods, huh? Never really thought about it that way before.

Chocolate? Not a factor in my 40+ lbs padding.

Now my husband:

1. Chocolate everything

2. Little Debbie cakes

3. Oreos

4. Cheez-Its

5. Hills Bros Coffee

Good thing I love fruit and vegetables so the key to my eating right is:

1. Getting to the grocery store every week, instead of once a month, to keep the fridge full of fresh healthy choices.

2. Not relying on frozen convenience foods for snacks and dinner, unless they are one safe portion.

3. Eating out once a week, not every other day.

4. Skipping the spontaneous cruise-by/drive-thru/*I deserve a break today* attacks.

~Rusty
Old 10-15-2002, 11:19 PM   #52  

Hey all!

Still can't think of 5 diet foods I can't leave without- Except the yoplait whips- love those things

Blew it the past two nights eating after dinner-and not just one snack either- Last night I made frosting- I know big surprise with a sweet tooth like mine. If i could loose the sweet craving I could easily lose at least 15 pounds- half the battle

MG- hope you had a good day off

Ms. Chris- i heard the thing about cold water before also- I never thought of it that way but your right!

Rusty- Welcome

Glen- Hope you had a good thanksgiving

Tracy- why were you so upset when you were dating your husband that you couldn't eat? You're supossed to be too in love to eat? What happens to that after you get married? Why is when we get married that we tend to put on weight?

See ya!
Steph
Old 10-16-2002, 07:55 AM   #53  

Isn't it weird that on your way UP^ a certain weight feels fat horrible, bloaty and depressing but on your way back \/ down that weight makes you feel sexy and energetic and proud? My *old* fat pants are a joy to slide into today. I hid myself when I wore them four months ago before my surgery and subsequent (lazy) weight gain.

Still have a long way to go - but I'm glad to see my old friend on the scale. Now the hard part begins... 35 lbs more to go!
Old 10-16-2002, 08:25 AM   #54  
living 1 day at a time

Hi All!!
In a hurry today. I had a great day off. The house was mostly clean, none of the kids forgot anything, so I didn't have to run out to the school. Both of my sisters were at work, so they didn't bother me. My oldest didn't show up until 2, and all he wanted was food. So, yes, it was lovely.
Started Christmas shopping yesterday!! I always wait til the last minute, literally. Christmas Eve, frantically trying to buy for 35+ people, then trying to wrap it all. And I always swear that next year will be different. So, I did it. I started early. I am very proud of myself.
Rusty, your list is pretty good. I love fried salty foods. Heck, I love all foods.
Men I Love(that aren't my husband):
1.Toby Keith-Oh, that voice. And, yummy, he is so very tall. Yea, I love him
2.Alton Brown(food network, Good Eats.)-Smart, funny and good in the kitchen, what more could you want from a man?
3.Heath Ledger(A Knight's Tale)-Absolutely delicious eye-candy. Of course too younge for me, but this is fantasy land.
4.Troy Gentry(of Montgomery-Gentry)-He dresses in black, seems deep, and just makes me drool.
Ok, that's it for now. Share your fantasy men. It's fun and might make for a good giggle.

ttfn, morningglory
Old 10-16-2002, 08:27 AM   #55  
living 1 day at a time

One more thing, reading over my list of dream men. On the Alton Brown entry I said what more could you want from a man? Well.....there are other important things. But I am sure each man on my list is more than capable.

morningglory
Old 10-16-2002, 09:54 AM   #56  

Like they say - all women dream of having two men. One for dishes and one for cooking. (Or is it three? One for laundry!)

Dream men?

Homely nice guys. They're so grateful!

Okay, I admit, I had a serious crush on Michael Flatley. Even got to meet him in Boston a couple years ago. Took a ride in his limo, had champagne, he gave me a back rub. (In my dreams!) He did kiss me on the cheek and gave me a hug. He really treated his fans well while he was still on his way up^. He smelled good, too.

Disregarding any character faults:

Jeff Goldblum

Sean Connery

Mandy Patinkin

Kevin Kline (so smart! so talented!)
Old 10-16-2002, 11:04 AM   #57  
Searching

Talking Good Morning

Hello Everyone, Welcome Rusty

Well you gals have just been having a blast! SO ENJOYED READING EVERYONES POST FROM THE LAST DAY I remember when it was me and MG and a bunch of lurkers!

Okay dream men(and I have to say minus any character flaws)
Do I get 10 or 5 Some of these guys there wouldn't be much done after I got finished!

1. Ben Affleck-he has grown on me over the years like an ex-boyfriend you were never quite over
2. Christian Slater (Talk dirty to me baby!)
3. Matthew McCounehey(sp?)-he also could talk to me in that southern drawl
4. Billy Zane-THOSE EYES!
5. Jake Gyllenhaal (Donnie Darko, Cider House Rules)all the vulnerability with a secret strength behind those eyes
6. Brad Pitt-my husband young and with teeth
7. Jason Statham (Snatch, Lock Stock 2 Smoking Barrels, Transporter)-actually he is a taller better looking version of my friend Glen who is in prision and we all miss
8. Sean Connery-he was 007 who wouldn't?
9. Hugh Jackman-this one is hard it's so hard watching him play Wolverine in X-men. I am a huge Wolverine fan, but thinking about being attracted to Wolverine is just confusing.
10. Antonio Bandareas-I could act way more screwed up than Melonie

I could go on I wouldn't object to Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Noah Wyle, or Patrick Stewarts advances.

Well this was a blast! Have a great day ladies and Glen (who can of couse list his dream women and Halle Berry better make the list!)

Ms. Chris
Old 10-16-2002, 11:21 AM   #58  

Oh Ro! - how could I forget Matthew and Antonio? They are definitely 0 calorie snacks I could nibble on when I'm bored.

Guess we better make it a Baker's Dozen!

Had to jump in - you and MG were having WAY too much fun by yourselves.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:26 PM   #59  
stbakd

here is a man's list
1 pamela anderson
2 michele wright
3 trisha yearwood
of coarse this is after i loose 100 lbs

glen
Old 10-16-2002, 10:06 PM   #60  
living 1 day at a time

Ok,
Am not going to commet much on Pamela (UU) Anderson. But way to go on Trisha!! Have to fight Garth for her, though.
Ben Affleck would be good for a one night stand. Love Kevin Kline, he was soooo sexy in French Kiss. But Matthew, ummm, how could I have ever forgot him? That accent just melts me. I don't know if he is a good actor, but I would let him play in my theater. Ro, those add-ons were also lovely. You have very good taste in men.
That was a really fun list. See you all tomorrow.
morningglory
Closed Thread