Old 01-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #61  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Hello ladies hope you all have a great week! Remember every Friday is now weigh in.

FatChickBGone.. Yeah I do try that sometimes, it helps sometimes Thanks for your continuous support!

Shananigans.. Woops I meant 1/2 marathon, still freaking AWESOME!

Tigger175... Im sorry about the 'cheesecake' incident. People really just don't get it, it is a never ending battle. I liek to say "a lot of people tell me they do not like vegans-vegetarians because they intrude on your personal choices, but I do not do that, and it seems people who are not VEG actually continuously do that to me. If you want the respect from me, please show it yourself."

SummerKate... yeah, i think when i get into a daily exercise routine that does really help with binging! You are right, I need to do that! When I move I think I will have more options.

SkinnyTeen.. Yeah we love endorphines!

Tammay... we would love you to join our group! Please let me know your start weight, and personal goal. Also keep us posted on how you are liking or di-liking things in the book!

Mxgirl... Sounds like you are doing great so far!

Haley... good job on your work out yesterday! And talking yourself out of a binge! You go girl! Ahh sorry about that! I wasnt paying enough attention. I actually originally put 280 for me, and then was like woops.

Last edited by jillnicole03; 01-05-2009 at 11:37 AM.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Mxgirl, you don't seem to eat many cals, I track mine too, it is so addictive. I wish I could just stop and see what happens, but I don't have the willpower. And when I track them I keep on thinking I'll just not use oil etc. and end up with a low count. (then binge of course) The same with getting on the scale, I can't not do it every day.

I am starting to get used to the mcdougalling! I'm losing weight fast, but it is mainly holiday weight, I suspect.
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #63  

Height: 5'5

hey ladies!
yesterday i drove quite a few hours to drop my little brother off at college. we ate at a pub and they had an AWESOME salad! it was organic lettuce with caramelized walnuts, sweet peppers (i think they may have been canned) artichocke hearts, and half an avacado with vinagrette dressing on the side. i thought it was a bit of a strange combo and i would have preferred plain walnuts that were uncaramelized, but it was good, good, good!! i didn't even have to make an effort to not eat animal products, it was the best looking thing on the menu, imo.
in other news, i might be working at a weight loss camp this summer. i had a phone interview today and i think it went well but i will be soooo nervous until i find out! i think they have vegetarian options for the summer, and it would just be such a great job and give me a huge opportunity to get healthy. i'm super excited for it!
how's everyone doing??
summerkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:52 PM   #64  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Kate that salad sounds awesome! I can't remember if you're vegetarian or vegan? Just a warning though most carmalized nuts will be carmalzied with butter. I did the same thing once at a lunch and didn't think about it until days later! I swear they sneak animal stuff into everything

The camp sounds awesome!

Last edited by Fat Chick B Gone; 01-05-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #65  

Height: 5'2''

Hey everyone

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to stay positive. I only have a few more days untill I have to move into my apartment so while I still have some free time I am reading. Right now I am reading "Diet for a New America" and think it is a very good collection of information.

So I haven't been exercising very much. Once I get back to school though I will be able to use my school's gym, so I can get focused again. And once I'm cooking all my meals just for myself it should be easier. However due to my schedule I'll have to pack lunches everyday because I'm almost certain there is very little vegan food available at my school (perhaps I'll write a suggestiong in the suggestion box).

Dee
tigger175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Hi all!
Well, today did not start out on a positive note. I planned on getting up at 9 a.m. (I work from home, so my hours are set by me and no one else ) but ended up sleeping in until 11, mainly because I binged all weekend and had a hard time falling asleep. Then I made myself some vegan sugar free fudge for later tonight but it kept getting crumbly on me so it took a while to make, putting me further behind.

But I ended up getting done what I wanted to get done for today, so that's good. I'm also trying to stay positive and not blow things out of proportion too much (which I have a tendency to do).

I also got in some exercise this morning (20 minute brisk walk with a Leslie Sansome DVD and 10 minutes of resistance training) and I plan on doing yoga later tonight.

I did weigh and measure myself this morning and I was a little alarmed. I thought my weight was 146 but the scale read 150.5! I know this is probably due to the weekend binge and it will go down but it still alarms me. The last time I was determined to lose weight I was 153 and I promised myself I would never allow myself to be in the 150's again!

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #67  

Height: 5'5"

Summerkate: That salad sounds pretty yummy...I wish I was "adventurous" enough to try something like that. I'm really weird with how I like my veggies. ...Certain ones I guess (mostly tomatoes. I love them, but will only eat them diced or smashed up). I have a hard time ordering stuff, cuz it never comes how I like it. Yay for the summercamp! That'd be really fun!!!

Quillie: I shoot to keep my cals around 1600 a day. Sometimes I do really well...sometimes I end up having a couple chocolate chip cookies that throw me over the edge. Such is life. Last March I ate no more than 1200 calories. Believe it or not, I was full off that too. I didn't really follow any particular plan, but I did look to volumetrics for a little help.

Yesterday I got some dang good news!!! Since May I have been working the 9pm to 7am shift at work. It's really messed me up. I have trouble going to the gym, I have trouble sleeping, I have trouble eating well...and I snack all the time (A LOT of junk food!). Well...my body was telling me it's time to take care of myself. I was getting incredibly painful migranes with the dizzy room spinning stuff (which is the WORST). I went to the neurologist yesterday and she told me NO MORE OVERNIGHTS!!! Yay!!! Not only was I pretty stoked that she gave me a note for my supervisor that I need to work straight days, but I was happy because I'll get to spend time with my boyfriend, and sleep, and go to the gym, and eat on a schedule! Oh Happy Day! :-D
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 212/145/125

Heyy girls!!

I know its a little late..but I would love to be a part of the new challenge!! Last I checked in I was doing wonderful weighin in at 142..yeah unfortunately i had some rough weeks and am not going on the scale until friday. I was following the eat to live program which i loved and started again today! btw I read the ETL book and I would highly reccomend it to all of u. Well I'm happy to be back
Have a wonderful day!!
CHICKpea3241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #69  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome back Chickpea!!!

What is the ETL book?
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #70  
-^.^-

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5'0

It's "Eat to Live"
I've heard about it. Sounds good!
I'll have to check it out

Since going veggie, I've already lost a good amount of weight. Today in PE I went swimming, so it was the first time I saw myself in a bathing suit since before. I felt so proud. (At least until the other girls came in, but I was still pretty happy. )

Last edited by Skinny Teen; 01-06-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Skinny Teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #71  

Height: 5'2''

Skinny teen- congrats on the swimsuit success!
Chickpea- I'll add eat to live to my list of books to read.

So today has been a fairly good day so far. I've been trying to watch what I'm eating more and I played DDR for about 45 minutes. It's a lot of fun and a good way to get moving.

Dee
tigger175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

I picked up Eat to Live yesterday, has anyone read it? Its really interesting as far as reinforcing the benefits of a vegan lifestyle. I can't believe it but I ran out of my honey laden Kashi today and I didn't buy more, I bought quick oats instead. What this books says about animal products (honey, dairy, and eggs) is just amazing. I've looked up some of the studies he cites and it seems to hold up. I've read the first 100 pages and I'm more motivated than ever to maintaining this lifestyle.

Last edited by JackieRn; 01-06-2009 at 05:22 PM.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #73  

Hey girls,
You all are doing great!

I've heard a lot about ETL, but have never read it. I'll need to see if my library has it.

I have been doing pretty well. I worked out yesterday and today, I haven't had any alcohol since the 31st, and my food intake has been decent. I want to get in more veggies, so I'm working on that (Summerkate-your salad sounds delicious!).

I also decided to make a goal of how many minutes I exercise a month. My January goal is 720 minutes, so right now I'm at 63 minutes.

So, what are your favorite (easy) vegetable recipes? I remember someone posted a roasted brussel sprouts recipe, but sadly, I hate them.

Have a great night, everyone!

Last edited by Darby1; 01-06-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #74  

hey ladies,
thanks for the feedback
fat chick b gone-i didn't even think about the caramelized walnuts having butter! you're so right! i'm not specifically anything yet, i'm just working on reducing animal products in my diet. it's much easier for me to make progress while i'm at school (i don't buy meat and last semester i decided to do this towards the end. instead of buying all vegan products like butter and stuff like that, i just used what i still had. i think at the beginning of this semester i'm going to take the time and make the investment to check out all that stuff at the store and buy things w/o animal products as much as possible! the only thing that i'm not sure about yet is calcium/iron sources as i worry about being low on both)

mxgirl-that's great about your new shifT!! i think the time of day that you work has a huge impact on quality of life. i read somewhere that working nights can take years off your life cuz it gets you off your natural circadian rhythm. that's great that you'll be getting back to a better schedule for you!!

how's everyone doing??
summerkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 270/209/170

Height: 5ft 7

Im doing E2L rightnow, but Im having a heard time with the limiting grains as much as it says. I LOVE grains so much. BUT, Since starting it 2 weeks ago I have oodles more energy then I did before. So far not a huge weight loss but Im also on a plateau (or just getting over lazy Christmas weeks).
erinmagill is offline   Reply With Quote