UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 10:53 AM   #16  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thanks for the encouragement Teel. I suppose it's important to remember how long it took us to get to our current size......and no matter how much we want it to, it's not going to come off overnight!

It must be doubly hard for you if you can't exercise, so 2 stone lost is an even greater achievement

Well done you and thanks for supporting others on your way

Amanda xx
Old 08-24-2003, 03:19 PM   #17  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Thanks for the welcome you guys!!

Sorry to get your hopes up Carol, It should have read No Alcohol - but...if i do find a way to lose weight and drink alcohol, i promise, you lot will be the first to know!!
Old 08-25-2003, 05:46 AM   #18  

You guys are doing great!

I joined here a while back - full of motivation, I lost a few pounds, then went on holiday, and since have put more back on what I was pre-diet! I'm sure that sounds familiar.

Anyway, I have spent the last few hot weeks totally miserable with myself, so here I am again....

I actually feel very motivated. I am going to follow a calorie-counted diet. I have all my slimming mags I have collected over the years, and have re-read all the motivating success stories. I have got a diary in my bag, and a FAT photo of me, that made me cry when it was developed, and HERE I GO!

::crosses fingers::
Old 08-25-2003, 12:18 PM   #19  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome Fiona!

Glad to have you here. You are right, I have certainly been in the position of 'failing' a diet and ending up weighing more than before........too many times to remember!

But that does not mean that you will fail again. You sound very motivated and like your head is in the right place, which is half the battle won I think!

Check in here regularly - I find it helps to keep me focused and motivated. When I read all the successes of people who have persevered and kept at it, it makes me more determined to succeed.

Good luck - you CAN do it!

Amanda xx
Old 08-26-2003, 08:52 AM   #20  
Theres no stopping me now

gained a pound am back up to 14 10 was down to 14 6.5 about 6 weeks ago, I will get back there again, I will I will I will
Old 08-28-2003, 01:19 PM   #21  

Yaaaay Carol.Go for it, Iam sure you will succeed...

you will you will you will!!!!!

luv and good vibes from Teelxx
Old 08-28-2003, 04:00 PM   #22  

Well it's Thursday and I've been to get weighed and I wasn't looking forward to it as I've been rather naughty over the last 10 days loads of beer and stuff I don't normally eat and then ice cream!!!

Anyway owing to the fact that I've exercised my big FAT AE off - I've lost 3lbs

3lbs - I CAN'T BELIEVE IT... : I really expected to maintain at the best or more than like gain - I'm really pleased.

A lot of it is down to chatting to the different people on here and also I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO going to do it...

By the way I start back at work on Monday

Hope all have achieved their goals this week.

Carol you've been ill - doesn't count. Start again

Dee

p.s. this makes it now

SW 215 Slimming World W 209 Current W 183 - 32lb altogether blimey....

Last edited by Yo-Yo Dee; 08-28-2003 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:18 AM   #23  

YES!! YES!!! YES!!! Oh well done to you, dee, you must be as pleased as punch for that great loss.I want to send you a great enormous hug, I hope you are okay with strange people like me invading the 6" personal space barrier....you can throw a brick or two at me later!!!

(((((((HUG )))))))

and a few whizzies to keep you smiling....

Old 08-29-2003, 08:30 AM   #24  

Cheers Teel and everyone else...

I am now battling with the printer on this machine at the moment it's driving me crazy!!!

Good weekend to all

Dee
Old 08-29-2003, 10:13 AM   #25  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Well done to one and all, just popping in quickly before going out to do some school shopping for my little darlings. Pleased to say I showed a two pound loss on Weds but don't hold out much hope of keeping it that way as I've been a bit piggy with different occassions going on such as my Mum's 70th birthday...mmmmm....ice cream cake....was blooming delish! And tomorrow is our wedding anniversary and we are going to breakfast out and then dinner...a few hours apart I must say, but I plan on being a person that orders not as good as she should, but I think 17 years is worth celebrating so I'll munch and munch.
Hope you're feeling better now Carol.... Wonder how Cat is faring back home, has she managed to pop in while she's been between visits?
Old 08-29-2003, 12:55 PM   #26  

Well done everybody - I will join you bunch of losers again. Not sure when, but I will (as I always say)
Old 08-29-2003, 06:25 PM   #27  

I cannot believe it. After being so darn smug for getting to the lost 2 stone bit...I weighed today and have apparently put on 4 lbs. I am so angry with myself. I know I have not been a shining haloed angel, but 4 lbs is too much .Darn it I must get back on plan properly...
Old 08-30-2003, 05:13 PM   #28  
2006 - Panda Remix

I've stayed the same this week. The last couple of days I've been feeling really run down and low - I've had every craving in the book (I've not had any cravings up to now). Last night and tonight I've had a takeaway pizza. I don't know what's wrong with me, I think I might have a bug or something which has sent me way off track.

I was in the supermarket today and the pringles and quiche and cheese were all calling out to me but I managed to resist them, so I guess it could have been worse.

I'll sort myself out this week, but I 'll expect a gain next week due to the pizza's.

Well done to yo-yo Dee and everyone else who has lost this week.

Amanda xx
Old 08-31-2003, 05:20 AM   #29  

DOES ANYONE MIND IF I JOIN IN???

HAVE JUST STARTED MY DIET AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 16ST 8LB - HOW AWFUL IS THAT?

I'M SO ASHAMED OF MYSELF, BUT IT HAS MADE ME DETERMINED TO STOP , TO TRY AND BE

SO WATCH THIS SPACE FOR A LEAN MEAN SEX MACHINE TO EMERGE (EVENTUALLY!!!!)

WELL DONE TO EVERYONE ELSE - YOU ALL SEEM TO BE DOING SO WELL.

HOPE TO CHAT SOON
Old 08-31-2003, 05:36 AM   #30  

Feel free to join in Jinty. I will be having a gain this monday but this will be my last one - hows that for determination
Closed Thread