UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 04:37 AM   #1  
Theres no stopping me now

Thumbs down Exersize 2003 - part 2

The old thread was miles long and made for mundane reading so I started a new one.

I have made a new exercise plan, half and hour a day for the next week, nothing strenous, just enough to get me moving and shifting some of this bulk. Includes surprisingly my bike, walking and some gentle aerobics, once Ray back to working normal shifts I might even escape for a swim.

Last night I cycled 1 mile to the local co-op and then cycled the mile back with the additional weight of a rucksack full food on my back.

This morning I got up and walked 2.5 miles in the sunshine.

Feel amazing
Old 08-16-2003, 05:14 PM   #2  
2006 - Panda Remix

Good on you Carol - I bet all that exercise will really boost your weight loss.

I am only on my second week of dieting and haven't really incorporated exercise into my plan yet. I did manage to do 25 minutes on my exercise bike once last week and I'll try to do a few more sessions this week. I'm so overweight at the moment that any exercise I take is going to benefit me!

I've got a full years gym membership but what with this hot weather I've not been able to face going. The silly thing is that I put off going all the time, but after I've been I feel great!

I think I'm just not used to taking any exercise at the moment and I need to establish a regular routine. But like I say, any exercise at the moment is good!

Here's to a good week!

Amanda xx
Old 08-17-2003, 04:26 AM   #3  

I would like to go to the gym, but with a husband that works shifts and the boys to run after it's hard to find the time.

The local gym is too expensive for me, but the council sport centres run evening sessions in the weights room at the local sports centre up until 9 you can go in and use the equipment and they have staff in there advise you. But not much use if Ray isn't in until 8:30, would just get changed and then it would be time to come back out.

Would love to swim more too, but am stuck in the same time warp. Ray works most weekends so although I can take the boys swimming with me, it is more of a splash around than the work out I want and need.

Enough moaning, aerobics today and some serious tidying up.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:58 AM   #4  

My exercise regime consisted of walking most of the week (mostly between pubs but there you go

Tomorrow I'm booked for a full gym session with a friend of mine who's also a yo-yo dieter and like me enjoys a drink but she's now at goal and looks fantastic and is sooo inspiring to be around (she always has been tho') so I've taken the plunge now and not left it as I normally do until a good week after I've returned from holiday!

The article on the front of 3 fat chicks re exercise is very encouraging to anyone who thinks they haven't done any "real" exercise.

See you later

Dee
Old 08-24-2003, 03:58 PM   #5  

Walked around a bit today, nothing to strenous but we strolled for about 2 miles - better than nothing
Old 08-26-2003, 08:48 AM   #6  

Just walked a mile - not far but enough
Old 08-26-2003, 01:36 PM   #7  
2006 - Panda Remix

Talking STOP PRESS!

I went to the gym today!

I've been struggling to get down there for weeks and today I finally stopped listening to all my excuses and went. And I feel great!

I did 20 mins on the bike, 20 minutes on the treadmill, all the weights and 20 situps. I really enjoyed myself and definately felt those endorphins flowing!

I feel good because of the energy it gave me, but also because I normally feel guilty for not going, so today there is no guilt because I got my butt into gear and went!

I'm going to go again later in the week.

Amandaxx
Old 08-27-2003, 01:47 PM   #8  

Well Done Amanda - keep it going

I've been today as I've not been as good as I intended this week so I decided to change my routine, here it is:

22 minutes xskier level 3 = 301 calories
27 minutes fat burner level on treadmill = 150 calories
? minutes (forgot to look but nearly 10 minutes) cycling = 50 calories (yeah 10 lousy minutes for 50 cals!!!!!!)
few weights and then took the dog out for 45 minutes

So today's been pretty active also stuck rigid to the old eating plan weigh in tomorrow!

Hubby's cracked a rib (falling over aforementioned dog...) so he's out of the gym but I've been asking around and apparently he's ok to do the recumbent cycle so we're going tomorrow!!

Hope all are well

Dee
Old 08-27-2003, 04:43 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Ouch! I ache today.......think I overdid it a bit at the gym yesterday. Having a rest day today, but definately going to the gym on Friday as I've got an appointment to have a training programme set.

Yo Yo Dee: Good luck with the weigh in I never worry too much about the calorie count on gym machines because they are all set to assume an average weight of the user. If you are alot heavier than 'average' then you will be burning more calories than it says because of your extra weight. The only accurate ones are where you programme your actual weight in. Does that make sense?

Keep on moving everyone

Amanda xx
Old 08-27-2003, 05:07 PM   #10  

Hiya Amanda hot bath with loads of chamomile and basil for those aching bones.

Oh I never used to either but we've got all this new high techy stuff in (I'm finally getting something back from the local authorities they've spent an absolute fortune) and it's all programmed to your individual weight - frightening really

I got into a dress today (meaning I zipped it up!) that I haven't worn for over 2 years..... it's going it's really going

Nighty night

Dee
Old 08-28-2003, 01:09 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally posted by Yo-Yo Dee
:

I got into a dress today (meaning I zipped it up!) that I haven't worn for over 2 years.....
Way-to-go!!!Well done on getting into that dress. I hope it was one of your favourites the first time round.
Sympathies to hubby.... was the dog alright?
Keep going everyone, keep it up and the markets will crash 'cos we'll all be borrowing too much on the credit cards to fit out our new wardrobes!
Old 08-28-2003, 05:19 PM   #12  
2006 - Panda Remix

Well done yo-yo dee on fitting into your dress! That must feel great. How much weight have you lost?

The machines where you can programme your weight in sound very flashy, and must cost a bit, my council can't even afford to grit the roads when it snows!( no joke!)

I feel alot better today, and did 30 minutes on the exercise bike at home. I've got an appointment at the gym tomorrow so all in all it's not been a bad week exercise wise - considering I'm just getting started.

We'll get there

Amanda xx
Old 08-29-2003, 08:33 AM   #13  

Good girl Amanda - I bet you're too young to remember the Nautilus machinery... they were absolute monsters!!!! it sort of was you're own personal trainer but you couldn't argue with it!!!! drove me mad

Anyway seeing as it's my last weekend b4 I start back at work I'm going to try and sort out my house (bet something distracts me) into some semblance of order

keep it up

Dee
Old 08-29-2003, 12:28 PM   #14  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Smile

You exercise Queens you!!!!

Your all going great guns.......what's your secret??

I am managing to do a 10 minute exercise routine first thing in the morning and have done it all week, and have walked or used the stairs wherever i can...but don't you find the more you exercise the more hungry you feel?? I do!

I used to go to aqua aerobics a while back but stopped going [can't remember the excuse i used!! lol] But as soon as the kids are back to school i'm going to start going again!!

Here's to continued exercising!!!
Old 08-29-2003, 12:57 PM   #15  

Walked the mile to Stirling again at lunchtime today, it's uphill on the way back does that burn more calories, sure it does.
Closed Thread