UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 09:24 AM   #211  

Well done flumper, that's great! Its things like that that make you realise that it really all is worthwhile!

Carol, great to hear from you! I always like to read your posts, I think you and I are similar, we both know we can do it because we have before, its just that life sometimes gets in the way!

I have a question regarding exercise. I have just started to walk to work and back. It takes me about 32 minutes each way. Do you think this (combined 60 minutes walking a day) is enough or should I be thinking about adding in more when I get home from work? I have always loathed exercise and use tiredness as an excuse not to do more in the evenings. Any suggestions welcome!

I always seems to be on here asking questions! The support and knowledge here is awesome though, so a big thank you to all the UK3fc.

Phoebe
Old 04-26-2002, 09:35 AM   #212  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

An hours walking a day is excellent Phoebe well done!!

Kim you are a superstar!!Well done that lass!!

Carol well done on the charity walk, I am doing the race for life on the same day in Trent Park, Enfield, I am doing it with a friend, it is for Cancer charity, we have to raise at least £50 to take part so heres hoping. It is only 5k and we are walk/jogging it rather than racing, I am looking forward to it. hope the weather is better than today, it is bucketing it down, thunder lightning, you name it!!

Hope you all have a very good weekend. There is a PTFA event tonight at school, ladies indulgence evening, I am having reflexology session then I am on refreshments, tea, coffee, cakes WINE!!, may the ukfc force be with me!! I will have to drive or it could be dangerous!!
Old 04-26-2002, 09:51 AM   #213  

Well done Kimmy

Can I just collapse now please had two hour test I need to slump I had to do make believe phone calls with the woman assessing me how bizarre.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:02 AM   #214  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hi Everyone

Phoebe, I'm not an expert but I think a hour's walking is enough to start with. I only do more because I enjoy it, but I think I can remember reading in one of Steff's posts that an hour was kind of the optimum amount. You are supposed to walk fast enough to get slightly puffed, but not so fast that you can't hold a conversation. Maybe you're going to be like me and find out that walking is the 'right' kind of exercise for you.

Veggie - how do you think you did?? When will they let you know?

TQ and Carol - you are superstars for volunteering to do those charity walks. Are you both getting in to training for it? How far is 5k in miles?

Maybe we ought to do sponsored diets - at least that would give us all a bit more incentive!!
Old 04-26-2002, 10:11 AM   #215  

Yes anyone want to sponser me for thousand pounds

Sarah next have actual interview for job yawn after all these assessments!!
Old 04-26-2002, 10:43 AM   #216  
Consistency + Balance

Sounds familiar - I did all that once for a well known mobile phone company - all the assessments... then the interview.... then a week's training.... then I started the job and it wasn't anything like they had told us! Probably listening in to the calls was the best training you'll ever have.

The staff canteen was VERY nice though!
Old 04-26-2002, 01:05 PM   #217  
Theres no stopping me now

Phoebe the walking to work sounds good. Wish I could do it but I work 26 miles away for home – maybe if I set of home now I may be there in time to turn around and come back for Monday morning.. I think we are very alike, as we know we can do this but we’re both struggling to get going on it. I know that once I start to see the pounds come off that is the biggest incentive I have to keep working at it.

Training for my walk. Well I got off to a good start with all my hikes around the business park at lunchtime. But now I’m in Glasgow 4 days a week these have gone by the wayside. I am still going for that walk when I get home. I just need to tell myself that I am going to do and then when I get in have a quick chat with Ray and the boys and then go. If I sit down then I’ll be stuck on the couch all evening. The light training is about to step up a gear.

Have had an absolute waste of a day – they happen to all of us every now and then. I’ve been doing customer care meetings most of the day. Mainly chatting to customers about the reports I provide. I hate this part of my job. I don’t mind the chatting but I am hopeless at running a meeting, always feel like we didn’t accomplish everything we could off. Maybe I just set my sights to high – who knows.

Anyway it’s 4 minutes past 6. My stats have finished running. Just need ot email then out and then I’m off home and off for that walk.
Old 04-27-2002, 03:47 AM   #218  
diva of the diet

Default The black trousers are on!!!

YAY!! Hip Hip Hooray!! The black size 18 trousers with concealed side ZIP are on my body, they fit me I shall now live and die in them!! I have had them about 3/4 years from George at asda bought them to slim into , well it took me a while but I have done it. First zipped waist garment I have worn since 1994
Today is a day of celebration!! I am ecstatic, I know you will appreciate the joy that I am feeling today.
I know I am going over the top a bit but honestly i wouldn't feel any better if they were a size 12 (well maybe a bit!!)
I still have a long way to go but with all your help I know I am going to get there, thanks everyone, could not have done it without you all (sob)
Old 04-27-2002, 04:06 AM   #219  
Consistency + Balance

WELL DONE TQ!!!!

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... having the pounds come off on the scales is very nice, but NOTHING beats shifting down a dress size!
Old 04-27-2002, 04:10 AM   #220  

Well done TQ. There is nothing like fitting into something to make it all worth it.
Old 04-27-2002, 04:15 AM   #221  

Only said a fraction of what I wanted, turned to speak to Sean and hey presto I'd posted. So here's the rest.

Today is plan day. I'm about to go and hide in the kitchen and think seriously about what I want to do. Needs to be the kitchen as every other room in this house has somebody or something in it - boys, snoring husbands, hamsters on wheels. And in the kitchen I can put the radio on the station i want - how sad is that - it's my domain.

I'm going to approach this like planning a project at work - I do enough of that there so I should be able to use those skills to plan this. I'm going to plan on getting to 14 stone - 1.5 stones still away. Going to include a basic exercise plan, mile stones and even a measurements and metrics section. Definateley too sad for words on a sunny Saturday morning.

back with the outline plan later.
Old 04-27-2002, 04:50 AM   #222  
Consistency + Balance

I think approaching dieting and getting fit like a project is a really good idea. I am a great believer in having mini goals and incentives - it really is the only thing that works for me. I am really looking forward to seeing your outline plan!
Old 04-27-2002, 05:12 AM   #223  

TQ isnt it the bestest feeling in the whole world ..............im still walking round with big cheesy grin
Old 04-27-2002, 05:55 AM   #224  
diva of the diet

Yes definetely the best feeling in the world . I treat my slimming club like an evening class, take along my folder each week, write notes all the time and look to learn more about getting healthy for life, each day. I am not doing this again, this is the last time, i think I have learnt a big lesson over the last couple of years and that knowledge is staying with me .

There is much to be learned from the University of Life , I think I am finally beginning to see clearly again, it has been a while .....

(I feel I am getting a bit 'deep' for saturday mornings, but have decided to post anyway )
Old 04-27-2002, 06:42 AM   #225  
Consistency + Balance

I think I know what you mean, TQ, we do all get a bit complaisant thinking that we know it all - and it is only having to go through all this all over again that maked me realise that I might know a lot about food and nutrition, but knowing it and actually putting it in to practice are two totally separate things! The difference this time, for me, is that I have never been so committed to getting fit as well - I've always dieted more for how I look, rather than to be healthy!

Anyway - you have spurred me on to try on a few things I had left waiting in my wardrobe for when lose enough to finally fit them - and, guess what - a few of them did! Mainly tops but some shorts and a couple of pairs of stretch jeans - I am especially pleased about a nice fly fronted jeans skirt I bought from Next in January - its a size 16 and it fits fine (must be something wrong with their sizing though - my hips and bust are a 16, but my waist definitely isn't!). I have got a gorgeous pair of black Wrangler jeans - and I shall only consider myself a proper 16 when I fit in to them - but it is nice to have some more clothes to wear!!!
Closed Thread