UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 12:47 PM   #91  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Anyone else having trouble with Hotmail? I can't get in to any of my email accounts - I am just getting an announcement saying 'We're sorry, but the page you're trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist'.
Old 04-05-2002, 12:49 PM   #92  

No!
Old 04-05-2002, 01:09 PM   #93  
Phat Chick

I am - it's not letting me into my emails.
Old 04-05-2002, 01:11 PM   #94  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Sarah it won't let me into mine either, not that I use it very often...prob be back up working in a few hours, they seem to go through little spats like this.
By the way. I don't know where spring has sprung off to here in NJ, it's just started snowing!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 01:41 PM   #95  
Consistency + Balance

Still no Hotmail....

Snow in APRIL! I can't ever remember snow in April, but no doubt someone will put me right. Chris - in Yorkshire today I have been basking in warm sunshine with a gently (but freezing cold) easterly wind whistling in off the North Sea. It was gorgeous in sheltered areas though.

Kevin's jealous and wants me to go and find him a lovely leather jacket now... good job its his payday next Friday!
Old 04-05-2002, 08:50 PM   #96  
Slow and steady

Snow just turned out to be a few flurries..Thank God...it's blloming cold here though. I just walked Pen and Lew and I think they are even glad to get into the warm house.
Hope it warms up some tomorrow, I don't like being cold. Living in AZ must have made a wimp out of me.

I had my friend measure my wobbly bits tonight, we've done it once before about five weeks ago. I'm pleased to say I've lost two inches from Bust, waist, hips, legs and arms so am chuffed with that. Also, got into a size 16 pair of jeans and even though I say so myself, I looked fantastic in them....LOL!
I love this losing weight and inches feeling! Everyone have a great weekend...talk soon
Old 04-06-2002, 02:18 AM   #97  
Consistency + Balance

Hotmail seems to be working fine this morning.

Kevin's working both days AGAIN so I am doing some spring cleaning and gardening.

Anyone else got some nice plans? Have a lovely weekend, everyone.
Old 04-06-2002, 02:28 AM   #98  
Pending Email Confirmation

You are doing so well Sarah, but how can you be sure that when you hand over the money they will send you your stuff??

I need a step video... I must look next week when I get back from my trip!

Sarah Ann Trotter!!???? no , just doen't have the right ring to it ROLF!
Old 04-06-2002, 02:57 AM   #99  
Consistency + Balance

Its a question of faith really, I suppose! I have been more than happy with the things I have had so far. Everything has been honestly described and sent to me as soon as my cheque has cleared.

Basically on each site the individual users are given the opportunity to rate the person they are buying or selling from after the transaction has completed and the number of ratings shows up in brackets after the User's name. If you get swindled or are unhappy in some way with the transaction then you can leave a bad rating with a comment explaining why. Then, when you are shopping around for something. you can look at all the different feedbacks and read other people's comments to see how trustworthy they consider the person you want to buy from is. So far I have been careful to only buy from people who have got only good feedbacks - one bad feedback and I won't buy from them!
Old 04-06-2002, 04:13 AM   #100  

I won a callenetics and a lady golfer video on ebay today for £1 the pair!

Only started actually bidding after i told sarah about them and now i cant stop!! Spose its god paying me back for getting sarah addicted!!

Tracy
Old 04-06-2002, 04:21 AM   #101  

Default For Sarah

Sarah,

Not sure if this might not help you with the problem with your brother in law on MSN Messenger but if you go into tools at the top and then options and click on the privacy tab you can 'block' your brother in law which means it will not show him when you are on line so you can still talk to us but dont have to talk to him unless you want to and then you can unblock him for 5 mins!!

Tracy
Old 04-06-2002, 04:22 AM   #102  
Consistency + Balance

Hmmmm!!!!! You have got a LOT to answer for..... I just bid on a jacket for Kevin......
Old 04-06-2002, 04:24 AM   #103  
Consistency + Balance

Ohh! Thanks for that Messenger tip, Tracy! I feel like I am hiding all the time. I don't want to block him forever because he is usually a nice enough bloke, but its almost like he expects me to be just sitting there waiting for his messages.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:18 PM   #104  
Slow and steady

Would just like to tell you all I went out shopping with friends on Saturday and we went and had lunch at the mall. Being a good person trying to lose weight I opted for the lowest fat thing I could see on offer. A tuna roll. From a place that makes subs...it's called Blimpies. I put down seven points for it cos of the bread and mayo, chcked out the points later on the web and found I'd consumed 16 in one fair swoop! 16! Can you believe it? I was flabbergasted! I think I'm still in shock, so be warned girls, don't eat at Blimpies...LOL! Should have known the calories and points from the name really cos after 16 points anyone would be a blimp, wouldn't they?
Had a pretty busy day today at work, trying new procedure's with our kids...mind boggling to say the least, so feel rather shattered now and am off to bed.
hope you all have a great week.
Chris.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:03 AM   #105  
Consistency + Balance

Crikey, Chris, that was a nasty shock - what did you do for the rest of the day - just eat fruit and water? (Do you think it was mayo??).

I am totally exhausted - I had a three hour visit from a social worker yesterday 'assessing' me.... which involved delving right back in to my childhood (which wasn't a happy one) and unearthing all the family skeletons (lots) and trying to work out what effect they would have on my relationship with a foster child (all positive). I was completely and utterly k*******d AND - worse .... the jobs only quarter done, the next installment is on Friday when she's coming back to 'do' adult relationships, work experiences, 'character' and life-experiences..... YUCK!

She has told me that the 'new guidelines' say that instead of just writing to our various children, Kevin's ex and our referees that they will have to go and visit them (or get the social services in Kent to go see Kevin's). Oh Joy! Our friends are going to love that!

OOHHHHH!!!!! A bit of good news though, she is putting us in the list to go before the fostering panel on 28th June - which means she has to get all this assessing stuff done by 31st May at the latest.
Closed Thread