UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 08:52 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 215/211/140

Height: 5ft5

Hey - wondering if there was room for a bigg'un (soon to be a littl'un)?! I am currently using slimming world just with the aid of the mags as I am about to move to London and will need to find a group when a get there. Is everyone here on slimming world? Is everyone finding it works? I joined once before but I think I just used all my syns and ignored the free food so perhaps not the best way... Support of other Slimming World people would be great!
~Saralou
Old 09-18-2007, 02:44 AM   #482  

S/C/G: 266/242/168

Height: 5ft7

Morning,

FF, quiet right, you have to enjoy yourself sometimes, you can't deprive yourself all the time. As long as you get back on the wagon right away you should be fine....

Saralou, welcome to the forum. Everyone in this thread is on SW and as far as I'm aware we are all quiet happy with it and it works well for us. It's a great eatingplan and I haven't really felt hungry since I've started it. Of course we all get cravings, but it's quiet easy to get back on track. I find it important to go to my weekly meetings, you get a lot of support and great ideas there........

I had an ok night, no snacking, no synning, quiet pleased with myself. Went to the boxercise yesterday and was a great workout, cause I was a bit peed off, cause I heard yesterday that I didn't get the job that I applied for....so had a lot of steam to blow off lol......
Old 09-18-2007, 09:30 AM   #483  

Height: 5ft8

Hi all.. another newbie here.

I just came across this fabulous forum full of fabulous people it seems and I'm so happy I've found you I have recently started changing my life around in order to become healthier and lose weight.
I joined slimming world about a month ago and I'm finding it works well for me. Never feel hungry and I am discovering all these new recipes too! And I love the weekly support.

Daniele
Old 09-18-2007, 02:34 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 215/211/140

Height: 5ft5

Thought I would quickly share my delight at the dinner I just had. I made a bolognaise with veggie mince and loads of mushrooms, peppers etc with a normal size portion of pasta and had a huuuge dinner! It definitely helps thinking you can eat as much as you like if you're hungry. Not least as if I could afford beef mince I could have had the same meal with 500g of mince on a red day - madness!! This is usually the time that I sneak out to the Spar, which is less than two minutes away, to get some chocolate or crisps or cake so the goal this evening is to hold on to the feeling of fullness and not get tempted by Spar!
Old 09-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #485  

hey ladies,
saralou, weeelll done on your dinner, and on not being tempted by spar....thats what its all about!!!! all around....absolutely fab.

I just had a loveeely dinner as well, had selfmade bbq beef burgers on wholemeal rolls (the ones from the SW recipe book), absolutely delicious and very filling....have to say I had a snackajack earlier lol.....

daniele, . It'sa great forum, with good people and good advise....check out the recipe thread for loads of good ideas. Also you can have a look in my blog, got some recipes posted there as well. Any questions feel free to ask .

Haven't been to the boxing tonight, lazy me...but I'll definetely go tomorrow...probably alone tho, cause the football is on ...
Old 09-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 286/230/154

Height: 5ft 7

Hi all

great to see new people coming on board - of course I love all you oldies as well lol!!!

I'm off to weigh in in 10 mins - hopefully will be Ok - only problem is I've not eaten enough the last couple of days - had horrible horroble ... did I say horrible toothache - dentist this afternoon and he took the bugger out - can't feel a thing now and that includes the right hand side of my face. So sods law is that I'll have maintained or put on from not eating enough - metabolism and all that jazz!!

However good news is I did 40 lengths at swimming on saturday and also done my eliptical/bike training each night so fingers crossed...I'll post when i get back

Tara girls
Old 09-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #487  

Hi all,
Well my weigh in was better than expected after the curry...lost 1 lb
Been good today - I resisted cake and sweets at a meeting this afternoon and just ate fruit and for my tea tonight - shredded cabbage with a mixture of chopped tomatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, black pepper etc on top, and a salmon fillet on top of that. My plate was full and it was a perfect original meal and very filling - yum!

Welcome Saralou and Daniele : wave: hope you enjoy hanging out on the thread - I do

Hi Bubbly - hope your weigh in goes well and that your tooth (or rather the place where it was) doesn't start aching again.

Love ff x
Old 09-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #488  

Hey girls,

Bubbly, good luck with the WI, im sure u be fine with all the workout uve done...good for u!!! Glad that painful tooth is out...brrrr I hate toothache....drives me bonkers....

FF, good for you, makes that curry taste so much better now does it? And your dinner sounds lovely....wouldnt have the fishy bit tho....I hate fish.....

My WI is tomorrow night....I should be fine, only had a wee bit of boozing during the weekend and been good the rest of the week. Been peeing like mad all week too, so thats usually a good sign.....

Well, going to bed soon, my other half is watching the footie with his brother....why did I agree to have sky sports again?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:10 AM   #489  

Went for my WI last night and to my shock I stayed the same...was well annoyed about it, really thought I've lost at least 2lb.....but oh well, TOM is arriving this weekend, so that's probably one of the reasons, so hopefully I will be ok next week.....
Old 09-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #490  

Height: 5ft8

40 lengths at swimming!! I am so impressed Bubbly! I've only just started with exercise and if I can do 10 lengths I am doing well.

Well done fighting_flab! Every pound counts. You're doing great.

Moonchild- staying the same is annoying. But it's much better than gaining! Look at all the exercising you've done or other non-scale victories that you have achieved this week!

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome to the forum
Old 09-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #491  
Wanna be below 200!

S/C/G: 289/see ticker/150

I'm back! Welcome to all the new people. Had a good holiday, and only put on a pound, so I was pretty pleased with that as I ate and drank everything lol. TOM now which sucks. I'll have to read up on everything you've all been up to and post later, but just wanted to say hi. Oh and MC, we have another mouse, came back from holiday to it, ewwwww, but I'm coping better this time lol, just waiting for the poison the council laid to kill it.

First day back OP today and I'm doing well, got lots to tell you but it'll probably have to wait till I'm back at work on a proper pc.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #492  

Hello everyone! I'm an 'old' newbie.....I've popped in before to steal your recipes.

I have done SW before with great results but over the last year I have had too much work and a knee injury to contend with. I have been in denial. I used to run nearly everyday and could subsequently eat pretty much what ever I wanted. Hurting my knee has really shaken me and I have taken comfort in food and wine.

I reckon that I'm at about 14stone now, I was 11.5stone at my fittest. I've just been cleared to start cycling which doesn't hurt at all. I'm going to a SW group tomorrow to weigh in properly.

Hold me. I'm scared.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:30 AM   #493  

Helen, Welcome back......we missed u!!!!!!! Well done with the 1lb, thats fab! How was your holiday?

Welcome Jaffa, we'll forgive you this time for stealing the recipes lol. Don't worry about your WI, I'm sure you'll be fine....and SW is a great plan....

...saying that I have to admit that I've been naughty during the weekend.....had some KFC on Friday, a pannini for lunch on saturday and then chinky for dinner with a couple of glasses of wine....TOM arrived last night and I had a bag of crisps....I'm absolutely disgusted with myself...why do I keep doing that? I set myself a goal, and what do I do? I gain 2lb! Grrrrrr, i could scream. I need to stop thinking that food will go out of fashion the next day or dissappear from the earth....Back on track today, but I say that every Monday lately...I do need to stop this!

Sorry about all the ranting.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:54 AM   #494  
Wanna be below 200!

S/C/G: 289/see ticker/150

Hehe Moonchild, I've been exactly the same, snacking all weekend, and not exercising, I'm on track now though, and I'm determinded to stay that way!

The holiday was great, really relaxing, lots of lying around doing nothing, and loads of eating and drinking. The weather was awesome, and it was great because the hotel was by the beach and we could just go and get in the sea whenever we liked. The food was tasty although not 100% healthy. Only downside was coming home to find mouse droppings lol, oh well hehe.

On Thursday I went to the school that I'll be working in next year if I get accepted on the teacher training course, I really enjoyed it and had a great day there. It's an hours drive each way which sucks, but the school is lovely, and at least I know the commuting is only for a year and then I'll be able to get a job locally, hopefully I should know around March time (yes I know thats ages away), if I get accepted by the college or not.

My husbands moped got written off, it really sucks because it means we won't get enough money back to cover the cost of a new one. Grr, it seems so unfair, I think we're looking at driving lessons for him.

So, what have you been up to while I've been away?
Old 09-24-2007, 07:31 AM   #495  

Oh Helen, sounds like a great holiday, and I'm sure the mouse will be done and dusted soon....litteraly. Glad to hear that you like the school, I'm sure you will get accepted without a problem at the college.

Well, I've been just working away like a little soldier. Didn't get the job I've applied for, which annoyed me a bit. Finally got all our sky hooked up, but the problem with the £5 was never solved...oh well.....

Wondering what happend to Mel, she hasnt been on in ages.....
Closed Thread