Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #181  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Marie -- you need to get an iDog. Have you seem them? So cute, I'm a sucker for anything animal related. Then you can get him (or her) a "chill set". Kind of stupid but somehow cute at the same time... I think they are aimed at the teen crowed. And yet I'm 38. Clearly, I haven't grown up yet.

I'm just about to order my Zen Vision since I currently have a super old and crapper player. I'm going to ask for the iDog as a bday gift later this year. I'd love it have it at the office (since I can't bring any of my real four dogs there)...
Old 05-13-2006, 03:44 PM   #182  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Tyler, I looked at the iDog and it is cute. Maybe some day... I know what you could do, put your doggies barking on your MP3 player then play the iDog.

I'm having a fun day. We went hiking and got a good workout. It's absolutely beautiful out. I've been listening to an audiobook and doing a little cleaning. I'm trying to do a little cleaning each day I have off. I'm thinking then it won't be so overwhelming.

We're having a BBQ tonight. I've already mapped out my calories. I'm going to have a small burger and some oven cooked fries. Yummy!!!

I counted out how long until I go to Minnesota (9 weeks) and I figure if I lose a pound a week, I'll be below where they all saw me at Christmas and last summer. So that would be good. Definitely a reasonable goal.

Well off to Wally's world. I need to get the BBQ stuff.
Marie
Old 05-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Morning all just come back from my big walk which got the blood pumping so that was great.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:08 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Morning ladies-

Well I mesed up another weekend. Last minute I decided to go to my boyfriend's place. I seem to lose control of eating when there. I had 2 slices of pizza fpr lunch saturday and chicken and rice for dinner. Then, yesterday I had 2 bananas, chocolate, and pretzels and 1 cup of pasta for dinner. I managed to pass on the ice cream cake at that point I was so mad at myself for eating the rest of the junk. I am so scared I won't meet my goal for May 27. The only thing I can do now is really stick with it this week and next. I still have 12 days to lose the rest of the weight about 5 lbs. I did not get on a scale today because I am afraid of what the number will show. I got up and did my ball exercise so that is good. Ohh yea last week I walked a total of 21 miles woohoo I met that goal.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Nikki
Old 05-15-2006, 01:08 PM   #185  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning everyone, it sure is quiet around here the last few days. I hope everyone had a great mother's day. We went to Applebee's for dinner and I had their WW Steak Teriyaki for 460 cals and it was great. I stayed in my calories all weekend and holidays are definitely hard. I went hiking both days and just had an overall good time. I have today off and I'm hungry - and it's only 10 in the am. I hate hunger pains.

Nikki, good luck the next 12 days. Keep working at it and it'll come. You know that if you don't quite make the 10 pounds youre still way ahead of where you were a month ago. So don't get down on yourself.

Chaarli, good job on the walk.

Tomorrow is weigh in and I'm hoping for more of a loss (well duh...). I've been good with eating, exercise and water. Definitely I'm on track to lose.
Marie
Old 05-15-2006, 01:14 PM   #186  

Mmarie-

good luck with your weigh in tomorow. You did a great job staying on track for the holiday. I got on he scale today and am only up a pound which I figure I can drop by tomorrow so hopefully I will see 150's this week. It is 1 :15 and I have only had 200 calories so far. I always do better during the week.

Nikki
Old 05-16-2006, 07:15 AM   #187  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello everyone! Oh it seems like everyone is on a roll here keep it up. Nikki sometimes it takes our bodies time to adjust to the wt. just lost so don't worry more will come off. Its also very hard when we are out with pizza around. Friday nite a friend invited us over and we played pool. I had 1 stuffed slice of pizza and 5 wings. Well now thats not what I planned. But for the rest of the weekend I really was pretty good. I did have some sweets but watched the amt. along with the other food intake. No walking but lots of gardening. We spend mothers day at my 84 yr. old moms. All of my siblings and their children catch up mom for spring on planting flowers weeding and cleaning up the place. It is now a tradition. We all bring food to pass. Mom loves it and it really helps her out. The grandkids are learning to help a little but mostly play. So I have burned plenty of cal. this weekend and yesterday. I took a sick day and did a catch up around my own gardens. They look pretty good and ready to mulch. So more labor to come. I do need to get to the gym it is rainy here for the week. I will do my scale on wed. and fri. this week,I feel good and we'll see about the numbers. After all every little bit counts. Oh it was a nice mothers day. My son from Hawaii sent me a dz. roses and to both of his sisters. Then I got a couple of new tops from one daugther and a hanging yellow flower from the other. Gee I should of had some more kids this was like christmas. The hubby got me my grape bushes and we planted them along with some lilacs from moms house. Well glad everyone is hanging in there. Talk to you soon gotta go make a healthy lunch! I have to go to work today but yesterday seemed so nice I stayed home all day no running anywhere.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:44 AM   #188  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone,

Hope everyone had a wonderful mothers day! Mine was very nice, I had asked for a family picture and we went and had them made. Of course we went totally overboard with the pictures. It's hard to get my husband out so we had lots made. I had my DIL a braclet made of the swarkorski (not spelled right) crystal with the kids names on it. and a little braclet for my GD too.

I have been doing ok. Still not breaking any marathons with exercise, taking it slow and easy with lots of stretching. It's been raining so much here that I haven't gotten out for any walks.

cacsmc, What a wonderful tradition you and your family are starting, having a day of clean up for your mother! Children learn by seeing and they are learning so much from that...respect, love, and lending a helping hand

Marie, You did well staying within your calories at Applebees! They have some nice selections to help, don't they! Wish more restaurants would come out with some calorie wise chocies.

Nikki, I'm crossing my fingers that you meet your goal. But, even if you don't quite get there, every pound lost is a pound lost!!!

Everyone, make this a good day, Freda
Old 05-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #189  

Morning ladies-

Yesterday, I had a really good day. I met my 7,000 steps plus another 600. Also, I ate well. This morning I weigh the same as I did last week so I didn't gain much. I decided I will weigh in on fridays from now on. My goal day is May 27 and the closest I can get to that day is Friday the 26th. 11 days to go and 5 lbs to go!

I hope everyone is doing well

Nikki
Old 05-16-2006, 12:40 PM   #190  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi everyone, Well my 4 day weekend is over and I'm back at work. The scale showed a .5 pound loss so I'll take that. I'm up to 5 pounds on the journey. Many, many more to go.

Exercise is still good. I think that I have that down to a fine habit. I like it - but then I'm walking outdoors and I love that. Tonight after work DH and I will go for a long walk.

Carol, good luck on the weigh in tomorrow. Mine was okay, but for some reason, I tend to have more success on Fridays. Strange. Cool Mother's Day tradition your family has. Enjoy the "Christmas".

Nikki, good luck on the remaining 5 pounds for the goal. I've pretty much accepted I won't make 10 pounds by the 27th - I'm hoping for another 2-3 pounds. Still way better than I was at the end of April.

Freda, you should post your family picture. That's sounds cool. Good luck with the exercise.
Marie
Old 05-17-2006, 07:30 AM   #191  
fIREFLY

Freda thanks for your thoughts and I also think its a good experience for the kids. I said to my little grandson maybe someday you will be helping me. He looked at me and said grandpa is older than you! Out of the mouth of babes! I love it! He also asked me how the robins eggs get bule? I think he was associatating it with easter eggs and us coloring them. Cute I say! I enjoy little kids and all their thoughts they never hold back just ask! Nice idea with the family picture. I need to take my camera this weekend and get some pictures of my kids all dressed up. Maybe even get one for the hubby and I. I have a wall in my walkway with pictures all over it time for some changes in there.
Freda the braclets sound beautiful. I still have to whip up some jewelry to go with my outfit for the wedding this weekend. I did manage to get my hair cut after work. I am not getting my highlights done yet they still are okay. I will just color it myself. New style kind of short for me anyways but stylish. I like when I can recreate what the hairdresser did the day before. Sometimes I never get it right this time it seemed easier.
Nikki I walked to the main office at work yesterday from my office not real far but down and up a hill and then some also 20 steps up and back. It is a good walk I should do it daily. At any rate thought of you and counted my steps after 300 I stopped but they do add up quite nicely. Maybe I will get a step counter you are doing great with it. Great job and keep it up. I am going to walk this afternoon if the rain holds off. I have two appts. and will be by the walk way not my normal place but a nice hike and I will have my sneakers with me. Yesterday I never got to the lake to walk. Since gardening I haven't been walking as much. At least I am still exercising though. I haven't written my intake since saturday. So today I am starting again it really helps me and that makes helps with results. Yesterday wasn't too bad but I ate salty sauerkraut and a hot dog , little brownie leftovers glad their gone now. Can't have that stuff around or I get into it. Maybe freezing it til company comes over would work or sending home with the kids. No scale today because of my salty foods yesterday I didn't think it was a good day to try it. Maybe I will wait til friday in hopes of a loss this week. Back on track today trying to send myself a life saver. Marie your doing well keep it up. See now you have the exercising and food in order the results are following. Nikki even if we don't reach our goals you started us on this journey with an incentive which worked for us. So after the 27th we'll need another goal. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #192  

cacmsc-
That is awesome that you walked. I am really enjoying it. I say get a step counter ! I am using a real primitive one but I am thinking of getting one that shows the calories I burn too. I have a second goal in mind already. I want to get to 148 by July 4th.

This morning I had 2 eggs and worked out on my ball. I walked 7,558 steps yesterday woohoo . I really hope I see a loss on friday.

Marie- Anything you lose is better then nothing.

Have a good day ladies. I will be shopping for some new sexy summer skirts today I hope I see a size medium or 8.

Nikki
Old 05-18-2006, 06:36 AM   #193  
fIREFLY

Nikki the journaling my intakes yesterday was a little more control in all. I think that a step counter is a good idea. Does it also figure out miles? Just wondered. Have fun shopping. Eggs aren't so bad for us a great protein. Breakfast is so important. They say people whom eat breakfast start their metabolism flowing earlier in the day. So I try not to miss it. I have changed over though to whole wheat toast and sometimes Life whole wheat cereal. So I use up around 300 cals. Lunch lately is a salad w/ tuna or protein, croutons for a crunch. For mothers day my one daugther bought me a new pair of linen pants cocoa color. I tried them on this morning they are so comfortable. Size 10 maybe someday I will see a 8. Now that would be something. I am 5'7'' and a bit on the bigger bone side. If I lose what I want in the long run an 8 might be my size on the bottom. But with these football player shoulders I will always need a M-Lg on top. Oh well! I will do the scale on friday girls. I stayed around 1450 yesterday. Thanks to a friend whom treated me to the bagged popcorn with 150 cals. I shouldn't of ate it but it was so good. I need to buy some fresh veggies and fruits today. I like that new spray salad dressing it seems to work really well and saves calories for sure. So of course I will use them on something else. Hang in there girls . Oh Judy you must be enjoying that vacation you so well deserved. My work was crazy yesterday my high need client was number 1 issue of my day for sure. Seems like a good day can turn crazy in the matter of just a few min. I hope today is a little calmer. I was taking off friday but will save it to spend with my kids next month when their here from Maui. Take care and have a great day.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:03 AM   #194  

cacmsc- The pedometer I have does not do the mile calculation. They do have them though. The general rule is 2,000 steps equals 1 mile. I journal my food intake daily as well as my water and exercise. I did not look for bottoms afterall yesterday. I decided to get acessories for an outfit I had. I will try to get some pictures posted of me in it. It is a large slip dress. I never thought I would be able to fit into a large slipdress off the rack. I walked the mall 4 times yesterday and had eggs and a small greek salad. I am going to try the approach of increasing protein for the next 9 days to see if that helps me get to 155 by next friday.

Have a great day ladies
Nikki
Old 05-18-2006, 01:01 PM   #195  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning chickies, I hope everyone is doing good. Tomorrow is weigh in and it should be fine. I know it's not possible to gain. I also track my exercise, food and water. All have been really good. Since we started on the May 27th goal, I haven't gone over my 1450 calories even once. I've also exercised everyday.

I learned something new yesterday. I've been walking outside (I live in mountains - think big hills for the daily walk) and it was hard getting up the first hill when I started a couple weeks ago. Now, I had been doing the WATP DVD since January and it was tough. So I was thinking that I wasn't getting a good workout with the DVDs since the hills were so hard. So I thought about buying a treadmill for the winters even though I don't really like them at all. But yesterday, it was raining when I was ready to exercise (actually it was the only 1/2 hour of rain yesterday) so I walked inside with the DVD. I was pooped by the time I was done I realized it was a good workout - just a different one. So the idea of a treadmill is going away. I like the WATP DVD so I will do that int he winter. But for the most part, I'll be walking outside for the spring, summer and fall. Anyway, I proved to myself that the WATP were a good workout.

Today is my last day at work this week. I have another 4 day weekend. Unfortunately those will be coming to an end in the next couple weeks. I don't have any plans but DH has to work this weekend (Guard weekend) so it's be quiet.

My Jeep is being naughty - died on Tuesday on the way home from work - DH fixed it. Died again yesterday in an intersection. DH towed it and found yesterday's problem so today I'm picking up a new starter for it. It's being bad. He fixes one thing and another breaks. Bad Jeep.

Carol, sounds good that your logging your food. As long as I put everything into my computer program, I stay the course. I don't log, I overeat. Pure and simple.

Nikki, I agree on the eggs. I have one every morning. Good protein and it last through most of the morning. I also have a glass of milk. Go dairy.

Talk to you later.
Marie
Closed Thread