Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 09:36 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Marie-

Congrats on your loss ! Another challenge is definitely in order. I am on board as well with a 5 lb loss. Right now I am at 159 so its 154 by June 8. Let me know how that dvd is when you get it. I can't wait until the fall when I can hopefully do aerobics again. As for the May 27 challenge I am now aiming to be 157 by Friday. Yesterday I was very good I had a south beach wrap for breakfast and we went to a south western restaurant for dinner. I actualy managed to stay on task something I haven't done in ages at a restaurant. I had a salad which contained lettuce, fresh salsa, some chopped up tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese and some steak and chopped olives. Pretty healthy overall. The only thing I messed up on was drinking all the water. When I am at the stores I can't drink tons of water it makes me need to go to often. I made my 21 mile goal this week for the second week. Today I start over.

Have a good one and keep up the work

Nikki
Old 05-21-2006, 12:07 PM   #212  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Nikki, Great Job at the restaurant. It feels pretty great to stay on track when out, doesn't it? I still feel like I won something big when we went out for Mother's Day and I chose the low cal menu when everything looked like heaven. Way to go on the 21 miles for the week. I was thinking of going into town and getting a pedometer since you like yours so much.

I made an icky dinner last night. I thought I'd look for a new chicken recipe and found an orange chicken breast marinade on Allrecipes.com. It was yucky!!! Luckily I had made the rest of my family homemade Au Gratin potatoes and they ate those. I forced the chicken down the hatch so I'd have the protein and definitely enjoyed my salad. Sometimes trying new recipes isn't a good idea.

It's rainy/yucky here today so I exercised indoors this a.m. It was nice. I really do like the WATP DVD. Maybe getting the Turbo Jam DVDs wasn't a great idea. There's a 30 day money back guarantee so if I don't like them, I'll send them back. Ah, the dilemmas.

Well, not much going on here today. DH is still working this weekend and that's no fun. But we both have tomorrow off so that's good.

TTYL.
Marie
Old 05-21-2006, 12:11 PM   #213  

Marie - What is the WATP dvd?
I've never heard of it

Nikki
Old 05-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #214  
Lifelong Journey Member

It's Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series. I do the Advanced walk for 3 miles. I do like it a lot.

I tried to get new aerobic tennis shoes for when the Turbo Jam DVDs arrive but nothing felt even slightly good without my orthotics. So I decided to just see how it goes with what i have. I also forgot to get the pedometer. Oops.

Marie
Old 05-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #215  

Oh cool I have orthodics as well they are a big Pain!

Nikki
Old 05-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

I like the idea of the mini goal, count me in that's 2 days before my birthday so to get 5 lbs off would be great.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:54 AM   #217  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Well girls I am back and my knee is killing me this a.m.. I danced so much at the wedding. It was wonderful the food was also a big hit with everyone too. Fun to see all the relatives etc...I let loose and now I am paying for it. We also had a family gathering yesterday. The polish weddings go on for 3 days sort of. So today I did get on the scale not so happy though. I have to say I am up so now I am glad we are starting a new mission. Cause I NEED it too! I am going to set my goal for 6.5lbs. That way it will make up for what I put back on this time around. I have to say its not easy with parties and weddings. Today my friends birthday and we are going for her favorite chinese. So I am eating a lite breakfast and will becareful this evening for dinner. I have sauce in the crock pot cooking slow all day. I am going to measure my pasta to not over do. I also won't have an egg roll today or anything fried for lunch. So hopefully I will see some changes. Thanks for all you support I need it right now. I ended up using a shawl that was lite wt. and had velvet blk. roses on it and fringe it came from Itlay. It was a gift from my daughter future father in law when he went away. Lots of shawls and sweaters and little jackets at the wedding. We have had such cold weather. This weekend is our first camping for the season burr! Though its suppose to warm up to 70's. I hope so. The kids come home on the 8th so thats another goal to lose wt. by then would be nice. With all the dancing I am surprised I gained kind of. But I have let in lots of goodies, cheeses, etc. So today will be a start back day. Lots of water too. To all of you that loss congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up now I have to catch up with all of you. Lots of hard work ahead one step at a time though. Some of it may be due to salty foods as well but at any rate a number is a number. Wish I were one of those skinny girls that could eat everything and never worry. I think I was at about 16 then life hanged. No sense in drowning, time to pick myself up! Back on track today! I will try to balance my lunch out. No real exercise today with the knee thing. I have to give it a few days to calm down. 5 years ago I had surgery on it. I tend to forget it then it comes back to haunt me a bit. Oh well had getting old and I won't let it come easily without a fight! Have a super day and I will work on my intake. I am going to journal my whole week! Camp food will have to be healthy for me. Lots of fresh veggies maybe shiskabos with veggies and chicken or shrimp. I will need to preplan to make it all work out. The folks we go with are really food lovers.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:02 AM   #218  

cacmsc- Hang in there girl. I would be more concerned with taking care of that knee. As for the chinese lunch , if you eat steamed food and white rice it should not be to bad.

Yesterday I did pretty good again. I had eggs for lunch, a yogurt for lunch, 1 serving of chips for 150 calories as a snack and a salad for dinner. I walked 6,000 steps its a start for the week.

Have a great day ladies
Nikki
Old 05-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Sigh...I'm moving my ticker up four pounds. My June 8 goal is to lose at least five pounds. I had nothing in the frig besides ice water and condiments, so I did major grocery shopping, and bought lots of fresh veggies, lean protein and dairy. Although I had some great food on vacation, it feels good to have home-cooked meals. I made a big pot of spicy veggie soup and threw in some shrimp, and also made spaghetti surprise (spaghetti squash instead of pasta). I'm already lighter than I was late last week (239.5!!!! ), and I'm feeling good about meeting this goal and starting the summer off right.

Marie, I love Turbo Jam. The moves are fun, and not too hard on my knees. I like to mix up my videos to keep out of the rut my body gets into once it's mastered one routine. Let me know what you think!

Carol, I'm glad you had fun at the wedding! I used to love dancing. I don't dance much now, so I'm self-conscious when the opportunity arises. I will be on the Gulf Coast next month, and I'll see a friend there who loves zydeco dancing, so I'd better get over it! Anyway, I know that you'll make up for lost ground, you're my role model for journaling.

Hope everyone else is having a good Monday--judy
Old 05-22-2006, 01:29 PM   #220  

judy- Hang in there. Vacations are real hard to maintain while on. I think this june 8 challenge will motivate us all !

Nikki
Old 05-22-2006, 01:47 PM   #221  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Every one,

Niki, sounds like you've got the eating program down! Good for you. You'll meet your goal for sure if you keep it up!

Marie, hope you enjoy the new tape. Give it a chance. Lots of times the moves seem difficult intill you get used to them. Changing exercise keeps you on your toes and reves up the matabolism! I know what you mean about making a recipe and it not turning out the way you want! That is just so annoying. I try a lot of recipes from magazines and cookbooks that look good and sound good, but they taste:not so good! You didn't get it from cooking light did you? Let me know!!!! I find most of their recipes pretty good.

cacsmc, Sounds like a fun wedding! Been a long time since I danced all night! Not sure this old body would hold up either! It is harder to stay on course with weddings and parties and holidays! But, there will always be weddings and parties and holidays! We have to decide if it's worth over eating and gaining weight and taking the set back. I know you will work hard to meet your new goal.

Judy, I always get tired of eating out when I'm away for awhile also. It's wonderful, but then you really crave somel homemade food! I made soup over the weekend too! It's still cold here and it sounded really good. And it's always good to have some in the fridge frozen for later when you don't feel like making anything! And your comment reminded me of something some one said "dance like no one is watching, eat like someone is". Go have fun with your friend and dance up a storm!

Make it a good day, Freda
Old 05-22-2006, 07:15 PM   #222  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi everyone, this is the last day of my 4 day weekend. I'm ready to go back to work. I get a little bored. Not a lot, just a little. DH had the day off too so we went hiking iwth the doggies. Got lots of exercise. I've been right on plan with everything. Hopefully tomorrow's weigh in will show the effort.

I bought a 2.0 USB card for my DH's computer. My iPod only works with 2.0 and we had only 1.1 USB in the house so I was using my work computer to update my iPod. So anyway, I got the card to work and the iPod is happily connected to the home computer. YEAH!!!

I went outside and dug up 21 strawberry plants for a co-worker. I have the strawberry garden from h*ll that grows like a weed (I'm really not complaining). There are runners everywhere and the garden itself is thick as a lawn. So anyway, I told my co-worker I'd bring him some plants. I thought 21 of them would start him out. Unfortunately I didn't make a dent in thinning them out. I just can't weed them out - killing a sweet little plant would kill me.

Carol, good luck and you'll get on track in no time. Take it easy on the knee.

Judy, I'll let you know about Turbo Jam, I've had regrets since I bought it but there is a money back guarantee so I should be okay. Also, sorry about the tracker going up. You'll get it back down and as long as you had a good time on vacation, it was worth it.

Chaarli, welcome to the new challenge. Five pounds would be a great Birthday present for you.

Nikki, I love my orthotics since they relieve bone spur pain, but they're horrible to aerobics in. When I hike or walk outside, they're fine, just when I'm going from side to side they bad. I'll try the trial and error when the DVDs get here.

Freda, the recipe was from online. There's very little chance you'll run across it so you should be safe. I really like that saying - I've heard it before but it's great to re-read over and over again.

Oh, I found a good product. It's American Heritage Fat Free American cheese slices. There's 30 cals per slice and it was good on a burger last night. It melts nicely so today I put it in my tomato soup and it was great. Kraft also makes basically the same thing. They also have a sharp cheddar and a swiss.
Marie
Old 05-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #223  

Not a good weekend or start to the week today. I messed up a WHOLE LOT.. but tomorrow I plan to get back on track so I guess that's more important than my mess up huh.. I am still going for my 5lb goal by June 8th! I gotta make it happen so I gotta buckle down...
Old 05-23-2006, 07:37 AM   #224  

Morning Everyone-

Marie- My orthodics can be a pain especially when I want to wear nice shoes lol. I wear them and pay later. That cheese sounds good. yesterday I went to the grocery store and picked up some almonds to snack on. I almost passed out when I saw the price 5.79 YIKES.

Intrigued- Hang in there. You can probably climb out of the funk rather quickly.

As for me , I did good I saw 158 on the scale today. It is not my offcial weigh in day so I won't change my ticker. However, thats 1 lb for the June 8 challenge and the 9th lb for the May 27 challenge. I am hoping to get to 157 by Friday. I will have lost 10 lbs since April 27 then. I was trying for 12 but I will take 10.

Have a great day

Nikki
Old 05-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

I'm still adjusting to the whole getting-up-in-the-morning-and-getting-moving thing. It was nice to get dressed at 9AM and stroll downstairs in time for the last of the continental breakfast...I've been lingering in bed too long to work out in the morning, so I'll set my alarm tomorrow and put a big "No Excuses" sticky on top of it. But I'm planning my meals in advance, and going to Curves again, so we're getting there. I keep forgetting to log my food, though, and I have to go back at the end of the day and write it all down.

Freda, I like to cook up soups, chickens, roasts, etc., on Sundays and freeze them in smaller servings for lunches later on. I don't like eating the same lunches and dinners every day. I don't think I could deal with "cabbage-soup" diets or whatever. Being a restaurant critic is one of my dream jobs...as long as I could afford a personal trainer

Nikki, good work on losing another pound..you can do this! And Intrigued, every day is a clean slate, and you have a dozen chances to make a good decision every day. No worries!

judy
Closed Thread