Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

I spent Easter lying on the couch watching movies...it was delightful. But I'm still not feeling well, so I'm leaving work early to camp out at the clinic. I hope that they will give me something stronger than over-the-counter medicine, so I can say good-bye to this cough and congestion and get my energy back.

Quiltmama, I'm so glad that your brother was here for your nephew's birth. It was good that he could all be there for your SIL at this emotionally difficult time.

Back later--judy
Old 04-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #32  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Quiltmama, I'm so very sorry about your niece. I'm very happy that baby boy is doing good but it' so sad to lose a child.

Take care of yourself.
Marie
Old 04-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #33  

thanks a bunch. I've done my lazy day today. Will probably just have a salad tonight for dinner. Sometimes we just need lazy days.

I've got things to do but just wasn't motivated to do them.

It is hard about the baby, I never realized how common or often this happens. being my age I guess I'm out of the loop on baby info.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #34  
JULS,DOWNUNDER

S/C/G: 90kgs/75kgs/68kgs

G,DAY s, I,m sorry for your families loss Quiltmama sometimes GOD sends down an angel by mistake and realizes their needed more in heaven and so he calls them back I am happy that your nephew is well and home with his mum and dad shame your brother has to leave again soon but he has something preciuos to take with him in his memory chest, by the look of things we all had good intentions but all got off the train at platform EASTER but a little bit of what we love now and then will not completely blow all our good work we will just have to suck it up and start again today is fresh with no mistakes in it I love the lazy days too Quiltmama but I think of them more as re-energizing days time to think and reflect way things up see the negative side of things then take a longer look at the positive we can,t control a lot of things in this life but we can make a difference in what we can and as long as we have love around us and people who care we are half way there Judy sorry your still feeling yuk , hope you get something for it but good excuse to catch up on some you time and some movies just being able to sit down and actually watch a movie right through is heaven Marie can,t wait for the recipe I love to try new things and I love to cook, I told you you would nail those miles you go girl your are an inspiration to me when it comes to exercise but then again all of you are Carol hope you knee feels better but you sound in good spirits, I know what you mean about your mum mine is 74 and has had 6 bypasses including then main part of the heart I,m not going to even attempt spelling it correctly but iorta sums it up, she is remarkable we lost Dad as you know 5yrs ago now but she still gets out and mows the lawns and is always on the go, well thats it for me I will check in later Hi to everyone else take care bye for now ...Julie
Old 04-18-2006, 07:02 AM   #35  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Quiltamama my thoughts are with you and I also believe she was a little angel. One whom touched your hearts and will be remembered forever. I am glad to hear the little boy is in good health. He cares a special place I am sure in everyones hearts. Sorry to hear the dad has to go back so soon and I am sure ISthankful for his time home with his family. Tge war keeps too many folks away from home. I wish along with everyone else it would be all over soon.
Well everyone the carrot cake is almost gone 1 piece left for a friend. Thank goodness cause it was so good its hard to stay out of. I ate pretty healthy til I got home then went a bit off. My knee is better now my shoulder hurts.It could be I slept on it wrong? Oh I am just a mess! Gotta pick myself up and get in shape here. I am trying to make healthier choices with left overs its a bit hard soon they will be all gone. I never went walking yesterday. My body just caved in . I will give myself a brake til wed. then its up and at it again. I think my hips are changing and that could be some of my achy body? Just a hopeful thought. Clothes are fitting nicely and thats a plus. The scale oh thats most likely the same after easter. Well Judy I hope your feeling better after going to the clinic. My daughter had something similar now is feeling better. She was ill over easter. I spoke with the kids in Hawaii on sunday and they are planning on still coming home at the end of May. Don't think their going to make the family wedding. He might not beable to fit it in with the projects he needs to finish. Bill will make sure his guys are having enough work while he is gone so the timing is important.
Work has been okay one girl's client passed away yesterday after a battle with cancer. That is never easy.
Talk to you all soon lets get those portions going. I think a little measuring and maybe a food scale would help me. Also a lock on the ref. and give the hubby only a key.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:49 AM   #36  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all,

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here. Hopefully I will be able to get outside for a walk sometime today. I don't have the kids today since it's spring break and mom is taking them to a water slide park! So an extra free day for me. I have a Dr. appointment this morning, nothing special, just to check my liver enzymes again! I think this is just so unfair, and I get upset every time I have to go in! I've never smoked, drank, done drugs and my liver has to be messed up! There, got that out of the way!

So sad about the baby! Prayers for the family. It must be so hard to be joyful over a birth and still morn for another baby.

Hope you're feeling better Judy, and were able to get something at the clinic to help. I had something back in the winter that sounds like that. I coughed for a month! And that was with medication! Hope you get better quickly!

Are those leftovers almost gone? I got rid of the biggest portion of mine this morning. Into the garbage or into me! I chose the garbage. But it's still so hard to throw away good food when "people are starving". Can't you just hear that little voice? I cut the ham into slices and froze it along with the ham bone for soup. Out of sight...

Everyone, have a wonderful day, Freda
Old 04-18-2006, 02:31 PM   #37  
Lifelong Journey Member

Freda, I chatted with my DH about throwing food away. I think our generation just can't do it. Wasteful food was a big no-no when we were growing up. But I watch my DS and his GF, they can just stop when they're doing eating without a blackward glance. I'm thinking that might be the wave of the next generation and maybe the trend of Americans being fat might start to go away. Just a theory, but I watch how younger people throw food away and I can't do it. I just can't.

Jules, loved your view on the angel idea. That's very neat. give your mum a kiss and help her with the lawn.

Carol, I started taking Gloucosime and Chondritan (spelled wrong in both cases I'm sure) about 3 months ago since my hips hurt. Between the regular walking exercise and those herbals, there's absolutely no more pain. I started because I've been giving it to my doggie with hip dysplasia for the last 5 years ad she's great. I know that new reports say it doesn't help but I disagree. Just an idea.

I walked this am and can play in the SUN after work. Yes you read that right, the sun is shining on this particular desert. YEAH!!!
Marie
Old 04-19-2006, 07:38 AM   #38  
fIREFLY

Marie thanks for the info. I think it might be worth a try. Can't let it get me down. Today will be a walking day around 70's here! Wow its nice to have spring. I think I may walk by myself as I am getting out a bit early today. The hubby has a doctors appt. I am attending. If I don't go and ask questions no one does. The doc pats him on the back and sends him on his way. So I don't think the he likes it when I go. Oh well thats life. I will take a couple of hours of sick time. I made a pasta salad to take in to a potluck today at work. Its someones 30th birthday. The 3 colored pasta had a veggies primavara salad recipe on the box. So I kind of followed it. It had ham in it so of course I have that left over. It was very lean, carrots, peppers, tomatoe, onion and spices with a italian dressing and a bit of mustard. We'll see how it goes over. Oh I have to add a little cheese in the end before serving. It was quick and looks springy. I tried yesterday to becareful of my intake all in all didn't do to bad. A bit high on cals but healthy. I had cottage cheese and cantalope for lunch and a apple for snack. So that was good choices I felt. Well every little change helps. I need to make sure I buy some yogurt. I am not getting my 3 dairys a day in. Got to straighten up on that. Has anyone heard of the diet where your on a few days off then on? There is some study out on it? Well let me know just wondered if there is something I am missing.
Take care everyone eat healthy and lets reach our mini goals. I have 10 miles to walk at least. 4 TODAY!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default hi ladies! new to the board and trying to lose

hope you don't mind if i jump in!
I am tracyg. I am almost 40 *yikes*, sahm to 3. Homeschooling 2 of them.
As if Easter and all the related junk isn't bad enough, today is my ds 11th
birthday and tomorrow my dd's 7th....can you say CAKE????? Actually I am not doing cake lol, making cupcakes for my kid's awana group tonite
In any case, i have been watching calories ala calorie queen for almost 3 weeks now. i was getting very frustrated as i was being soooo good and not losing a thing. but af showed up and i dropped 2 lbs. so my first loss! yay . I need to lose about 53 more.....
well, nice "meeting" you all. look forward to getting to know ya' some.
While my kids are at awana, I am hitting the track at the 'y' and will do the same tomorrow while the girls are at gymnastics. Trying to add more exercise
and protein to my life....oh and water instead of soda, so that is my goal for the day! Well, i guess i better get the kids off the trampoline and 'into school'.
hugs
tracyg
Old 04-19-2006, 11:27 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi all -

I hope you don't mind me joining in. I use to have a real good support thread and it sort of faded. I am 27 and I lost 34 lbs in the last year. My goal is to lose 12 more by June 1. I would like to be at my final goal of 135 by the end of the summer. Right now I am at 164 so that is 29 lbs to go. I am waiting for summer to swim . I can't currently workout due to an ankle injury but I am hoping that changes fast. I did real bad last week with all of the candy and even today I had a handful of jelly beans

cacmsc- good to see you again. I miss our other thread.

love and light
Nikki
Old 04-19-2006, 01:36 PM   #41  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Nikki and Tracy, welcome. I don't think we're going to fade away. We've got a great bunch of chickies and all post pretty regularly. I've been on other threads that just have little activity. That's why I like this one. Both o you, congratulations on your losses. I'm not losing but at the moment I'm not gaining either. I need to be better with the food, but my motivation isn't high. What I am good at is walking. I exercise daily and rarely miss a day. That's why I'm not gaining.

Carol, the salad sounds good except the mustard (really hate that stuff). I've only had a few good pasta salads but that one sounds good. And you've got our temps beat by a little. It was 26 degrees this morning but i's supposed to get to 67 this afternoon and sunny. This is day 3 of the sun. Yesterday after work, I moved my porch swing out of the shade and into the late afternoon sun and sat in it, listening to James Patterson's Mary, Mary. It was so nice. I did have to get a blanket because the it was a little windy and the wind was passing down a mountain in my neighborhood that still has snow on it. But covered under the blanket was still great. I also got to open the window on my drive home. Ahhh, there's hope for spring here.

I walked again this morning. Three more miles. IDH thought I'd want to go walking last night since it was nice out, but I decided 2 more miles would make me want to pass out for the whole evening. Tonight might be another story. The doggies would love to go for a walk.

Well, back to work. I'll chat with you all later.
Marie
Old 04-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Marie -

Thank you for your welcome. I am looking forward to having support again. I am ding good today so far I drank 4 32 ounce water bottles, and had 1 weight watchers meal. I am planning a greek salad for dinner.

Nikki
Old 04-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Nikki and Tracy--Good to meet you! I think that this group has hung together because when the thread lags, someone has always taken the lead on reviving it and keeping it going, like starter yeast for many loaves of bread (whole grain, of course ). I really enjoy the 'voices' of all the women here, and I get lots of pep talks and support from the group.

Well, if I'd waited any longer before seeing a doctor, I would have ended up with bronchitis, so I'm glad that I went in. When I showed the doctor what I'd been taking, she laughed in my face, and reminded me that now you have to ask the pharmacist to pull out the really powerful decongestants that are under lock and key, thanks to the clever drug addicts who use them for other reasons. Besides getting a prescription for some serious cold medicine, I also got some neutron-bomb antibiotics. I feel better than I have in several days, but it may be a while before the cough and the constant headache goes away.

My eating isn't too bad, I'm trying to eat extra greens, yogurt and fruit. But I am eating more carbs than usual, maybe because I haven't been sleeping well. And still not working out--boo! I'm just not up to it. But two years ago, feeling sick would've been a good reason to pig out, so I guess this is progress.

No time for personals--I have tickets to the Orioles game tonight, and will have to leave shortly. But I wanted to check in before I left, 'cuz it reminds me not to eat the unhealthly stuff at the ballpark. That's today's micro-min goal.

Enjoy the sunshine!

judy
Old 04-19-2006, 06:32 PM   #44  
JULS,DOWNUNDER

S/C/G: 90kgs/75kgs/68kgs

G,DAY s and a big Nikki and TracyI,m sure you,ll like it here lots of support and understanding not all just to do with weight loss either, congrats on both of your losses you sound like your on the right track Judy glad your on the road to recovery with the extra carbs I think when your feeling a bit yuk sometimes you eat a bit more of what used to be your comfort food but when your feeling better you will pick up the pace and get back on track and exercise will follow and your not using being sick as a reason for pigging out as you would of in the past so that is a big step forward, Hey Marie reading in the sun I love to do that to how is Mary Mary I haven,t had the chance to read it yet, I also want to read the Honeymoon by Patterson have you caught that one, and what do you mean your motivation isn,t high girl you sure motivate me when I,m feeling lazy I come here and your off on one of your walks it makes me feel guilty that I,ve sat on my but all day and I jump straight on the bike and peddle for 30mins Carol all that yummy healthy food sounds good your not doing to bad, your hubby sounds like mine if I don,t go with him he doesn,t ask things either sometimes I that even though my kids are grown and left home I still have one here , Good luck at the quacks Freda hope everything is fine glad you have lovely weather for your you time, G,day Quiltmama hope your well, well thats it for me started the day well a glass of skim milk and a breakfast bar just going to grab an apple on my way out, maybe I will start putting down what I have eatan over the course of the day at the end of my posts and see how much I actually have consumbed and where I can improve I have hit a plateau which I hate so maybe an increase in exercise to might help been a bit out of lately just haven,t had any me time for a few weeks anyway just a thought bye for now, take care, make every day count, BLESSED BE ...JULIE
Old 04-20-2006, 06:48 AM   #45  
fIREFLY

Tracy welcome aboard we are always happy to meet new people and be able to exchange info. So WELCOME!
I have been also trying to finish up some Easter goodies around the house. My mom makes the best maple frosted nut and raisin sweet rolls. I did add the calories in and limited my intake with them. I didn't eat the whole pan! At any rate they were worth the calories. I did walk 4.0 yesterday and am doing it again today. So hopefully things will all balance out and then some.
Nikki welcome you will love this thread very supportive nice to chatt again. Remember with losing sometimes slower is better in the long run. For me it comes off slow and then I maintain. Good luck. I have been losing inches, lots of walking but then increased my intake some so I am trying to adjust it all. But as long as things fit better I know I am making a difference. Good for you getting the water in. I like mine with fresh lemon. At work I stick my water bottle in the freezer by lunch it is ice cold and oh so good.
Judy glad your on a mend. Sometimes giving in to the doctor visit is worth the trip and the bucks. The over the counter stuff costs more than the visit and the presp. Glad your mini goal is set sounds good. I should set daily mini goals. No more sweets in the mouth today moms roll was worth it and done. So lets move on! Marie sounds like your doing well with the walking I made it last night but walk with a couple of girls whom are a bit slower and I find myself walking slower. So tonight they have each other I am going earlier by myself. It will give me a better work out I think. I have to always wait for them also as we work different hrs. It puts me home an hr. later than I have to be. By then hubby has eaten and I am beat. So dinner isn't as well as it should be. Julie thanks for your kind words. The pasta salad was a hit and worth me taking the time to make it. Of course it was quite easy. Next time I will make it with the new type of pasta suppose to be better for us. I used the 3 colored kind. Today I have pre figured my menu for all my meals. So hopefully I will stick to the plans and have a great day. I need to pick up some more fruits and veggies , yogurt.
Freda hope your appt. was a good one.
The hubbies doc. see's me coming and knows he better address things before I do. So it was at least a more knowledgable appt. then some others. He at least knows I am wanting answers and what can be done to stop the progression of this disease. My hubby will try a different drug in the a.m.'s hopefully it will help him a bit. Sometimes he gives up taking it before giving time to adjust to it. So I will have to be on him for a few weeks. Oh yesteray my clients new coordinator called me and gave me a lovely compliment about how well my notes were etc. It was very nice sometimes we work hard and it never gets noticed and this was by another agency. So I forwarded my message from him to my director. She was quick to tell me what an excellent job I had done. It was nice to hear. Gotta get a bit of credit somewhere my supervisor never hands it out to any of us very often. She takes credit for the work we do! Have a great day the sun is shining and I will be a walkin! Todays goal walk, eat pre planned menu only other than adding fruit or veggies to it, no more sweets for the day!
Closed Thread