Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #301  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki128
Intrigued- I am sorry you did not meet your goal. I would sugest going on walks and hikes through Europe as exercise. Where exactly are you headed?

Nikki
Skopje, Macedonia
Old 06-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #302  

I got an idea the other day... I have a workout mix on my ipod so if I do movements and exercises I've learned in videos for 30 mins a day maybe that'll help

And Im not gonna give up... tomorrow I'm going to work out and make my last 2 weeks here count
Old 06-09-2006, 07:23 AM   #303  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Intrigued the girls have given you some good ideas enjoy your trip to Europe. Sounds lovely! I guess just keep moving walking and using the IPOD. Have fun and just try not to gain stay stable.
Yesterday the kids came home and of course their favorite when visiting is chicken wings. So my intake last night wasn't great. But on the other hand I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch yesterday. I made a nice spinach salad. We didn't have pizza with the wings but a salad I made so it could of been worse I guess. I did purchase some healthy things to take camping. Whole wheat rolls, veggies and of course some goodies. But I will be doing a lot of walking, hiking and kayaking. We have some rain to deal with I wish we didn't but oh well its mother nature. Nikki I am waiting to ck my wt. due to my couple of ooopies! I think I am okay though but just couldn't bring that white square out today. Maybe monday morning would be better for me. Hope your all doing well. Marie I am so glad your hubby is enjoying that roller blading. I haven't ever done it but would like to try. There is a place in the city to rent them etc. I might have to ck it out. I also think my little sister of 40 yrs. old has a pair which might fit me. I will ck it out and maybe borrow them to see if I like it. Not too many places right here for me to go though only in the city at a local park by the lake. Its a pretty spot would be kind of fun to explore this I think. Judy keep up your good work it will pay off. I am going to try to be good this weekend. When I have something special a goodie I will have only 1/2 of what everyone else is having. That will be my attempt to behave. This way I will have some but not a lot cause if I don't have an idea on how to deal with the goodies I will blow it for sure! I am having a good time with the kids home. I have to becareful though with the goodies around and the ice cream shoppe. Having things in the house I normally wouldn't have. So I will come up with a plan to deal with it all. Part of that will be giving them a treat and trying to walk away to do something else til its out of sight. I like to have things they enjoy while their home. I know making homemade macorni and cheese is a must. I will use a smaller serving for me of course but its something they love. Take care and i will try my best to monitor my intakes and to becareful........................ Give me will power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 07:34 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

cac- enjoy the kids being home and just try to maintain.

Intrigued- your ipod could be a great acessory to working out. I really need to get me one of them for my walks. I may have to pull out my old cd walkman.

I have not weighed yet I want to wait until I'm up a bit.

I'll be back later
Nikki
Old 06-09-2006, 08:25 AM   #305  

Ok..... here are the results of this weeks weigh in. I got onthe scale at 8:00 AM and I weighed 157.6 the same I weighed yesterday. I am very excited next week I will the lightest I have been in 5 years.

I have to really work at being good this weekend. I am craving yummy food and going out to my boyfriends this afternoon. I fgure if I get a salad tonight and splurge on Mexican tomorrow I should still be ok since we don't eat breakfast we just get a big lunch and light dinner on Saturday.

Nikki

Last edited by Nikki128; 06-09-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #306  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

I'd say it's a lovely morning but the %$#$%# scale wasn't kind. In one week I lost .5 pounds. Whoopee. I didn't see that coming. I'm sure it is part of the monthly cycle but it still bugs me. I'm trying hard to be rational, but I was expecting a 2 pound loss. I'll get over it but I think I'll weigh on Tuesdays again so I'm not as shocked after one week. Sort of interesting, I averaged 1417 cals for the week, walked 27 miles and rollerbladed 12.6 miles. One would think that would get more results, but hey, my body is determined to be fat. I'm just as determined not to be. So the battle is on.

Nikki, I guess you and I are doing the same. Sort of funny. Next week we'll see the big woosh and it'll be heaven. So we'll keep at it, right??? Yesterday after work, I took the two huskies, the stroller with DGS and my ipod out for a walk. I looked like a crazy person, but I enjoyed the music, so definitely get your walkman out. The music makes the pace a little quicker.

Good luck, Carol. The camping sounds so tempting calorie wise. I am so bad on vacations and special events. That's my big resolution when I go to MN in July. No getting off track. I wish I'd been this determined a year ago - I'd be at goal by now (maybe). Either way, we're getting there.

Judy, my job isn't too stressful, but it's being redefined this coming week at the board meeting. Good thing and bad thing. Big raise (I'm way underpaid) but mover the next 3 years my contract is being increased 20 days a year. Right now I'm 200, starting July 1st, it will be 220, then the next year 240, then year round (260) the following year. I'm not sure I like the idea, but a big raise goes with each increase. Give and take, I guess. Good luck with the stressful days coming this next week. Doesn't sound like fun.

Intrigued. Definitely bring that ipod and move. That's the best thing you can do.

Penpal, hope your weighin goes a little better than mine. Good luck.

Well, today is rollerblade day. I got my new aerobic shoes from onlineshoes.com (Avia A650's) and I have them on without the orthotics. The left shoes is very comfy but the right is a little off in the heel, but not too off. Definitely the best pair I've tried so far. So I'll probably keep them.

Talk to you all later.
Marie
Old 06-09-2006, 10:57 AM   #307  

Marie - Hang in there girl. 1/2 lb is better then nothing. I lost these 2 this week so I am pretty happy. My next big number wil be getting to 155. I guess my last post did not reflect that I lost 2 lbs this week. I talked numbers not pounds opps. Anyway I got to 157 woohoo.

Nikki

Last edited by Nikki128; 06-09-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:06 AM   #308  

I'm going to work out today... I'm going to do Turbo Jam in a few minutes and I find that when I come here daily I'm more motivated so I'm going to have to make a daily trip here...
Old 06-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #309  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Just a quick hello to the whole gang, wishing you all fun and healthy weekends. I had a lovely walk this morning, but I forgot to stretch, just came in and sat at my computer so now I'm a bit sore Guess i'll remember next time!

Tomorrow my building complex is having a yard sale for charity, so when I get home tonight I'll see what I can unload. I hope we get lots of people this time. We did this last fall and I sold some things but we didn't get much of a crowd. This time they've done more publicity, so we'll see.

My July 17th goal will be to be to get down to 229. I'll figure out how to do that over the weekend. As Marie says, we're getting there....

judy
Old 06-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #310  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Sounds like everyone is pretty much on track. You guys are great motivators!

I weighed in today and I'm up a pound . First time I've gained in a while. It's probably because I haven't been able to exercise for over a week because of the stupid shin splints. It's getting a bit better but I'm still hobbling around and sometimes it's quite painful even driving (pushing brake and accelerator). As I mentioned, it's been hectic around here helping our son move into his apartment and I've been eating off plan, so it's a wonder I didn't gain more . I'm going to try to start working out again next week and see how it goes.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Last edited by penpal; 06-09-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #311  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning everyone,

So much for my "day off" from exercising. I was only going o go rollerblading. Just one exercise. But then DS's GF asked if I wanted to go for a walk with DGS and her. So off we went. Then she asked what the temp of the pool was up to. So I checked that. 85 degree!!! Wow, I didn't expect that, so we took DGS in the pool for the first time. He's now almost 4 months old and he kicked his little legs like crazy, was cooing and grinning. He definitely like it. Anyway, it ended up being a busy day. That's definitely okay, I had fun. Today I'm actually going to swim in the pool. And our Durango is back from the body shop - all the dents the dingbat womal caused are gone. So we can take the doggies to the other side of the mountain and go hiking. It should be a great day.

A friend says I'm starving myself at 1400 calories. I don't agree with her - but what do you all think? It's sort of bugging me. It's not like I'm young spring chicken with a great metabolisim.

Penpal, good luck on re-starting the workouts. Just be very careful not to aggravate the shin splints. You sure don't want to have pain all summer long. It's too pretty out for that.

Judy, I hope your complex has a good turn out. What a great idea to do it collectively for charity. I once had a yard sale and it was a disaster. I made $60 after two whole days. Whoopee. I never did that again. Much simpler to give everything to Goodwill and be on my merry way.

Intrigued, I definitely feel more accountability when I visit daily. For a while I was on 4 threads and trying to do the journaling. It was too overwhelming and ime consuming. Now I just visit here, write to my favorite chickies and go on with other things. I don't make it a long exerperience, just a good one.

Nikki, way to go on the 2 pounds. I'm green with envy . Actually, I know when I look over the years of dieting journals in my diet software that I have periods in the month that I don't lose. About 2 weeks after TOM, I don't lose - that happens to be close to yesterday. So I will see better results next week. I will weigh on Tuesday and Friday. I don't want the shock of only a .5 pound after 7 days again. If I hadn't lost anything on Tuesday, I wouldn't have given the scale my middle finger. BTW, I used to kick the scale when it was mean. Now I'm just juvenile and give it a bad gesture.

Carol and Freda, I hope your having a fabulous weekend.
Marie
Old 06-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #312  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Marie - Awww your little grandson sounds so cute - I bet he loves the pool! 85 deg. is nice and warm. Glad you got your Durango back - what a hassle when your car is in the shop! Your doggies will be happy to go hiking now. I don't think you're 'starving' yourself at 1400 calories. From what I've read, anything below 1200 is a bit too low and can mess up your metabolism. I'm eating about 1600 right now but I'm losing very slowly. I also don't do any where near the exercise you do and that makes a big difference. If you are happy on 1400 and not getting too hungry - then go with what works for you.

Judy - I hope you did well with your yard sale. Sometimes you get a better turnout with a community-wide sale.

Ingrigued - I hope you enjoyed the Turbo Jam

Nikki - I really envy you too losing 2 lbs.! You are a real inspiration. I'm hoping to start losing again soon when I get back into my regular exercise routine.

It's funny what Marie said about kicking the scale when it won't go down! I thought I was the only one who does that! I've actually been known to pick it up and drop it to make the darned thing change :
Old 06-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #313  
Lifelong Journey Member

Penpal, definitely I get mad at it. Like it's its fault I'm fat.

The hike was great except Kody ran off. Whe we got back to the Durango - there he was waiting. He looked like an angel but I was so mad at him for running off. He's really a donkey in doggie fur. Tomorrow if he gets to go, he'll be on a leash.

Then we dared to go to walmart since I'd uploaded pictures of DGS to their photo center, so I wanted to pick them up. They're of him in the pool yesterday. I decided not to print them on my printer - too many of them.

So now it's lunch time. I htink I'm going to have a big salad. I love those on summer days. I also have to week whack this weekend. I hate yard work. But someone needs to help my DH and we know it's not going to be my kids.

Talk to you later.
Mare
Old 06-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Penpal, I'm feeling your pain with the shin splints! I agree with Marie--ice 'em, take aspirin, and do stuff that will make the tendons and muscles in your shins , calves and ankles stronger and more flexible--but take the time to let your shins heal. I bet you'd rather miss two weeks of workouts than have this problem all summer!

Marie, what a great weekend you're having--walking, rollerblading and swimming--not to mention the yardwork. I only worked out twice, but now I feel like a slacker

Nikki, Nikki, Nikki--two more pounds, woo-hoo!!! I got to nudge my ticker down another hard-won pound today.

Intrigued--It definitely helps me to try to check in with this thread every day. I spend so much time thinking about my weight-loss journey, but mostly it's an internal dialogue, I feel a little crazy if I don't have a structured way to share my thoughts with folks like you. I'm finally going back to doing meditation and hypnosis, and that's helping me stay upbeat.

Okay, I'm procrastinating. I brought a ton of office work home, but I haven't cracked a single file....see you tomorrow!

judy
Old 06-11-2006, 03:34 PM   #315  

Judy - Way to go !
Closed Thread