Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 02:19 PM   #196  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, Sounds like everyone has their exercise program down pat! I agree that what ever works, stick with it! But I do like to mix it up a little sometimes. I have some great tapes that I use to work out also, for a change. and a stepper! I would love to have those hills to climb Marie! that would have to be my favorite thing to do. But it's all flat around here, i'm lucky to find a good path.

Maire, BAD jeep....bad! Isn't car problems the pits! My husband is a mechanic and I just take it for granted that the car is going to run well!

Nikki, Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Hope you can get them posted! I love eggs too! remember when they were BAD food! I think we need to use a little common sense with everything. Now they are a wonder food again. I also agree with eating breakfast. it reves up the matobolism, which doesn't work well untill we get some food!

cacsmc, sourkraut and hot dogs isn't too terrible. But it does have a lot of salt. But calorie wise not bad. And I love sourkraut! My mom makes the best homemade! I can't wait to go home and get some. I just make it in the slowcooker with some chopped sausages (low fat). Yum!

Everyone have a good day, Freda
Old 05-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

I'm back from the beautiful beaches, much healthier than when I left, also probably a little fatter...but I don't care, I feel great! It was wonderful to lie on the sand, feel the warm trade windes and wade out into the cool Caribbean water. I got in some beach time at least five days, slept a lot and totally chilled out. Did a little shoppping, toured a few neighborhoods and the fainforest with some incredible community activists, but mostly took every day as it came, with no agenda. I feel 1,000 % better than I have at any point since early April. Now, time to get back to the journey, with the theme of "No Excuses!" First, get all the extra sugar, starch and rum out of my system then get back into my healthy routines, which I've actually been missing.

Nikki, good luck in reaching your goal. Your eating plan has a lot in common with my own.

judy
Old 05-18-2006, 06:51 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Judy- Glad to hear you are feeling good.

Freda- I often have to force myself to eat breakfast. I hate eggs except if they are hard boiled so today I had a small pork chop.Who said you have to eat breakfast food at breakfast?

I did good today I had the porkchop, tuna with lemon juice for lunch, and a meatball and sparerib for dinner.

Nikki
Old 05-18-2006, 11:08 PM   #199  

I weighed myself today and I'm still at 220... not happy about that... I gotta put forth a better effort... so I am giving myself a small goal. I want to lose 5 lbs by June 8th... is that obtainable? I am going to really get down to the wire.

I have an african/congolese dance class that truly works me out in a way that I haven't been worked out which is good but my problem is the next day I'm sore and don't feel like working out so I need to overcome that for real...

So yeah 5lbs.. I need to do it by June 8th..
Old 05-19-2006, 06:44 AM   #200  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

I have been naughty like the jeep. I broke down too and had too many calories. I think walking upstairs with the girls to get lunch isn't too healthy. I made some bad choices and then added in my York Pattie. So boo hoo on me and the jeep! But we are both going to get fixed up and be running better in no time. Scale was up but my fault! Can't even get mad at the square thing. I had too much salt the last few days as well. Lets see if I can drown myself with healthy foods and water today. I will track the heck out of my intake today and exercise. Picking yourself up isn't so much fun but yah know the problem can be repaired just like the jeep! Marie we will be back in working condition soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will be good today can't promise saturday at the wedding but before I go and the day after I will be. Thats the plan.
Nikki good for you with the black dress! Your going to look stunning. I am going to freeze cause our weather is cooler this week. I bought a dress with no sleeves. I am going to look for a little shawl. I might have to drink a little something to keep myself warm. It will be a fun wedding. Oh my daughter picked a date 6/23/07. So lots to do and plan of course. The wedding dress is bought she is beautiful in it. Nikki I most likely won't make my total loss for the 27th but it did help motivate me into losing some so thanks!
Judy sounds great I am glad you took the relaxation time you needed. Aren't the rainforest so beautiful. I enjoyed it in Maui as well. Nothing like laying on the beach hearing the waves crash in. Oh how I wish I were there now. Its been a crazy week at work and that may of added to my bad intake choices this week. I wasn't totally bad but could of been much better and would of saw results. I am still hopeful that some of the wt. is from salt intake being high. At any rate I plan on being a good girl today and getting on the square thing again in the a.m.
Take care and have a healthy friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 07:53 AM   #201  

Cacmsc- I am with you about most likely not meeting my goal but having been motivated to do alot more.

Intrigued- I know you can do it hang in there. I will join you in your challenge. I challenge myself to lose 7 lbs by June 8.

I weighed in today and lost another lb. That puts me at 159. Iam happy to see the 150's but I'm still so close to 160 that it bums me out. I have accepted I may not be 155 by next friday. However, I am going to strive to get as close to possible as I can. 9 lbs since April 25 is not that bad.

Yesterday I got my walk in and I have 5 more miles to go between today and tomorrow. I am hoping to go over my goal there.

Have a great day ladies.
Nikki

P.S I was finally able to upload my pictures look here--> http://nikki128.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?

I am still not sure the grey dress will wrk but I hope if I lose a couple of more lbs I will feel more comfy in it.

Last edited by Nikki128; 05-19-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:18 PM   #202  

Cooo Nikki, let's do it...

Today I got up and had cereal with skim milk and some fruit.. I'm going to go work out after work and then come home and eat a salad and a apple and perhaps a sandwhich as well...
Old 05-19-2006, 12:32 PM   #203  

Way to go.. just for the record my goal is 153 by june 8. I had 2 eggs this morning and 64 ounces of water so far. Tonight I will post everything I ate and allof my exercise.

I look forward to the challenge with you

Nikki
Old 05-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #204  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon Everyone, Hope; you're having a good day! Calorie wise and emotionally too!

Judy, Good to see you back! The vaction sounds lovely! Nothing like lying on a beach and listening to the surf! So...relaxing! Now, vacation over, back to work!

Nikki, You don't have to have breakfast food for breakfast! What ever you like that is healthy and will jump start the metabolism is fine! How about a smoothie? Fruit and milk would be great! A piece of leftover pizza? It's just bread and tomatoe sauce and cheese after all! I Love breakfast! I usually have a piece of cranberry/walnut toast with peanutbutter, or an omlet and wholewheat toast, or oatmeal with all the fixins! As for the weight loss goal, The usual rule is about 2 lb a week. It's hard to lose any more than that, and not good for you either. Thanks for sharing the picture! You are a beautiful girl already and will look stunning when you reach your goal!

cacsmc, So you fell off the wagon and over did huh? Well, we're here to help you back on! I guess we just have to remember how it felt to eat things we shouldn't have and not reach out goals! Was it worth it? Usually not! For the dress for the wedding, they are making little half sweaters now that tie in the front. I know i'm not describing them right. But they are cute and would keep you warmer and look cute! They make them in lots of different materials.

Intrigued, I hadn't posted for awhile and somewhere in the mist, I missed you! Glad you're here! I'm sure you can meet your goal!

Take care, Freda
Old 05-19-2006, 01:36 PM   #205  

Freda-
I understand that and as I said I will be happy if I lose another 2 lbs by next friday. I know that I won't see 155 but I will take 157 That cranberry walnut bread sounds yummy where do you get it?

Nikki
Old 05-19-2006, 05:00 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Nikki and Intrigued--I would like to join you in a June 8th mini-goal. If I work my program I would definitely lose five pounds by then. I've been avoiding my scale because I know I'll have to move my ticker the wrong direction but having buddies in a mini-goal will help me get over it and move on.

Carol, I hoep you have fun at the wedding, I know you'll look good! And don't worry about the slip-up--maybe you just need a new 'starter,' like Marie's Jeep.

Freda, I'm with you on mixing up what you eat for b'fast, especially if you're watching the carbs. In some countries, they have a simple soup and a piece of smoked meat for breakfast. Pizza sounds like more fun, though.

Marie, I hope you're enjoying your long weekend. Are you starting any new craft projects? I'll be grocery shopping and catching up on chores. If anyone dropped in me unexpectedly, I'd die of shame, my place is such a pit. I'll also find time to workout and contemplate my mini-goal.

Tonight I'm going to the Nationals-Orioles game. I brought some carrots and almonds to snack on, and I'll pick up a sandwich on the way there. The concessions are terrible at RFK, so luckily it's not so tempting to buy junk food there.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend--judy
Old 05-19-2006, 05:07 PM   #207  

Woohoo we have another challenge to motivate us !

Nikki
Old 05-20-2006, 10:10 AM   #208  

Hey Everyone... well yesterday I did well.. I walked 2 miles which took me about 47 mins on the treadmill! It was a great workout and I felt great after!!

I had a salad and some lasgna for dinner.. with water....

Today I am going to eat a bowl of cereal and an apple and I have a mtg. at 1 that will serve spaghetti, garlic bread, and cake AHHHH but I'm going to eat small and I'll also drink a huge glass of water b4 eating to fill me up so I won' eat that much! Yayyy this is going to work this time! It has to.. 5 lbs by June 8th, Here I come!
Old 05-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #209  

Way to go Intrigued ...

Yesterday I did real good again and I walked another 2 miles. I have 1 1/2 miles to walk today to meet my 21 mile goal for this week. I just had a breakfast with 26 grams of protein. That should hold me until I eat a snack then a nice dinner probably a salad.

Nikki
Old 05-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #210  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone!!! I'm back and feel like I've been gone forever, not just a couple days. On Thursday, there was a planned power outage during the night. No big deal. But apparently the power company forgot to tell the phone company that provides the DSL in my area. Blew up their equipment. So the DSL was out of service. At 6:30 am this morning I called Qwest and they said they didn't know when it would be fixed but they were working on it. So I played with the TV and got SUCKED into an infomercial. Turbo Jam DVD pack is now on it's way. I decided that while I'm trying to lose more quickly, I need to bump up the exercise from the walking. So I bought it. Shame on me. Looks sort of fun and once I lose about 35 pounds, I'll probably back off the higher intensity exercise back to the walking which I love. So then, after I finally get off the phone with the Turbo Jam lady, I see my internet has resurrected. YEAH!!!!!! Happy me!!!!

So anyway, yesterday am was the the weighin. I was so excited that I lost another pound since Tuesday. That's 6 pounds since the May 27th goal. YEAH!!! All I wanted to do was tell my friends here at 3FC and I couldn't. I was a sad camper yesterday - internet wise. Weight loss wise I was doing the happy dance for hours.

Yesterday's eating, exercise and food was right on track so I'm doing good. I don't think I'll make the 10 pounds by May 27th - probably 8 pounds since I'm averaging 1.5 pounds per week. I'll sure take that.

The June 8th mini - goal - hmm. What should I try for??? With my average loss of 1.5 pounds, that would be about 4.5 pounds. So why not reach for the stars and aim for 5 pounds??? I'm onbaord for another challenge. My longer range challenge is July 17th when I'm going back to Minnesota to visit family. I'd like to lose 13 pounds by then. That would be awesome. Since my Turbo Jam should be here by the end of the week or so, I think it's doable.

Judy, no new crafts. I've been a slug lately on being creative. Yesterday I watched a bunch of TV (bad me) and did a little cleaning (ggod me). Today I'm catching up on the news of the world since I was darn isolated yesterday. Blew me away how alone I felt without the internet. Today I'm going to work on some stained glass though. BTW, so glad you're back. And I'm really glad you enjoyed your trip and feel better.

Carol, jump back on board, chickie. But don't fret, a day or too of bad choices isn't a horrible thing. Do enjoy the wedding. BTW, the Jeep is back on board and happy as a clam. DH is driving it this weekend to test it out. But it's a smart Jeep, it would never die for it's mechanic.

Nikki, I love the pictures. Wow have you come a long way. No, reach around and give yourself a pat on the back - that's from me. You are doing so GREAT!!!!

Freda, I too take if for granted that the Jeep and the rest of the fleet will work nicely. DH is a mechanic by schooling (never employed with it since he went into the military instead) but the Jeep is just being tempermental. I guess it didn't like that it's engine was to be rebuilt. Funny thing, the two problems I had this past week weren't due to the rebuild. It's an old Jeep (1976) so of course it's going to have it's days. It just looks like a new Jeep. BTW, hills are okay, mountain inclines are mean. They really make me breath hard. There are days I just wish for flat. But since I love living in the mountains, I guess that wish will never happen.

Intrigued, I'm with Freda - I don't remember your first post. So I'm sorry I didn't welcome you earlier. WELCOME!!!! Good job on the treadmill and drinking the H2O.

Well, that's about it. I'm so happy my DSL is back!!!!
Marie
Closed Thread