Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:04 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Way to go Elaine that's a great start to your weight loss journey.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:13 AM   #167  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Girls we have so much good energy on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets keep it up we motivate and support each other and the results are endless! I think we are all doing well on the journey to lose and keep it off. Even when we lose slow its fine actually better for keeping it off they say. I did the square this morning and stayed the same but that is fine. I didn't figure after just having my loss I would have another. I did well calorie wise yesterday. I had one no no and that was 1/2 of a halfmoon cookie. But all in all did well for the day. I feel great!
Elaine congrats on your loss. Any good tips from ww would be appreciated here. Every little bit of knowledge or ideas is helpful.
Tyler keep it up!
Nikki your going to make it I am sure. Just keep up the healthy eating and exercise. I started parking in the last lot at work to get a bit of a longer walk in. I like it time to breath deeply before handling stress for the day. I have had a week or so of extra stress handling at work. Taking new clients on that haven't had services for over 40 years! You start from square 1 but in the end it will be rewarding and the family can't thank me enough. Its a good feeling. At least I haven't turned to food. I have also been busy in the evenings and that helps to stay away from snacking.
Marble your awesome too! Keep finding your old skirts before you know it you will have a whole new wardrobe!!!!!!!! I am going to buy myself something new after work. I think I deserve it after my loss and I have a wedding shower to go to this weekend. It will help remind me how good I am feeling and keep me in line.
Judy hope your relaxing on the beach somewhere.
Marie how's it going? I want to take that jeep for a ride myself! Fun fun!
Gotta go make my ww toast with orange marmalade. Oh I have been putting my 80 cal. yogurt in the freezer for a little while. It is like my frozen treat at work. Ymm
Maybe we should all have a day of putting down something thats working for us. Ideas may help promote another for a loss. Food idea? Exercise? Stress dealings? What do you all think?????????????
Have a super day!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

cacmsc A new outfit is a real nice treat. I am planning to treat myself to a new outfit next week for my big date on the 27th. Although I may wear a skirt from the past if it still fits which I doubt.

Yesterday I had an awesome day. I walked 3.5 miles and ate healthy. My nrew goal is to walk 21 miles a week. I already walked 10.5 this week. I figure all of that walking alone would tone me up. Combine that with eating healthy, swimming and weights 130's here I come. I can't wait to set my next weight goal on may 27 once I reach that one.

Ohhh... I finished my semester yesterday and got a 101% in my course woohoo. I am going for my Masters and had been working my butt off.Yay me !

Have a good day ladies

Nikki
Old 05-11-2006, 08:38 AM   #169  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations Elaine, that's wonderful!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:43 AM   #170  
Michelle the Vegan

Wow, Nikki, congratulations of the 101%. You're the gal who blows the curve, aren't you! Great job!

Day 10 went by without a hitch. A few random urges to binge eat for some reason, I think in response to life stress at the moment, but I didn't give in and I'm SO glad I didn't. Instead of waking up and feeling miserable this morning, I woke up and felt great about not giving in yesterday. That's SUCH a good feeling. yay!

Today is Day 11... I'm starting to get nervous because I have a trip next week and I'm afraid that being out of town will screw me up. I hope not.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:15 AM   #171  

Tyler- Think positive. Try to pre plan what you will allow yourself to have and what you won't. Also if you do go off plan don't fret just jup back on plan when you get home. You are doing great and I know you will continue to do well.

Nikki
Old 05-11-2006, 09:51 AM   #172  

Height: 5'1"

Default hi

Good morning evryone,
I've been MIA for awhile too. Just too busy, no excuse. I've missed reading the posts, I find such inspiration here. My shin splint is a little better, I can walk without limping and pain now. I haven't tried to walk for exercise yet. I did go for a little extra walk yesterday at work, just to one of the out building to have my TB test read, but it was quite a distance. In the end I could tell the leg was protesting, so I guess it's not 100% yet. I can continueing with my weights.

Tyler, I will always have issues with food too.I know from the past that I can't ignore it. I have done that before and gained the weight back. I have to be dilligent and expect this group to keep me in line if I start to fall!

nikki, Glad to hear that you ae back on tract and losing weight again! And congrats on the GRADE too!

Marie,. Yeah for you! Another pound bites the dust! I love walking outdoors in the spring and summer and fall. I use the treadmill in winter becuse I have to!

Charie, Pretend those other times you started were for practice and this time you are goignt o get it right!

Casmsc, Hope you find a beautiful new dress to wear to the shower. and i'm sure the lb. will be gone. You're doing great! I think giving some advise or tip at the end of our posts is a great ideal. Thanks for the one about the frozen yogurt. I'm trying that tonight.

Marble. Good luck on fitting into that size 6 skirt. Dig out some of those older clothes. I bet they fit now! You can expand your wardrobe a lot just going into your closet.

Elaine. WOO HOO! 4.5 lb loss! That is just awsome!

have a good day eveyone. Freda

My tip for today is: When you bring snacks home divide them into individual portions.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:56 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

My tip for the day
If you have a treadmill make sure it's in front of a tv & video.
I video tv shows and then watch them the next morning while I walk 1 hour of tv = a 40 minute workout the time goes by so fast and you don't even notice it.

Tip 2 :It really does help not to eat after 7.30-8.00 pm. I get much faster results if I curb my eating at that time.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #174  
Michelle the Vegan

Good tips gals!

I have my exercycle in front of my big screen tv -- makes the living room decor look dumb, but what the heck. Watching a show sure does make the time pass fast.

I also don't eat after 8 pm. But I hear that other people do better with a small late-evening snack. I don't eat one because I'm always afraid that will be the moment I lose control and ruin my day.

Currently I'm not buying snack items, but if I do I'll definitely do the portion split idea!
Old 05-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #175  
Michelle the Vegan

Nikki, I've spent the day planning my eating strategies for my trip and I've even committed myself to walking as often as family will allow to get my exercise in. It is supposed to be beautiful in Mystic so it should be fun to walk and hike around.

I hope I can turn the whole trip into a positive. It would feel so good to come back and have enjoyed a vacation that didn't have anything to do with stuffing my face!
Old 05-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #176  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, just a quick check in. Work is busy. Since i'm stuffing 5 days of work into 3 days, it's a little hectic. Things are going good. I'm walking outside these days. Way hard climbing the hilly mountains than in my living room. Tomrrow is weigh in. sounds like everyone is doing great staying on track. Nikki, this challenge has helped us all.

My tip: read labels - note the calories and serving per container. It's amazing how many manufacturers say there are 2 servings in a small package that the normal person would consider one serving. So it doubles the calories. I've made that mistake before. Also, exercise goals work.

Marie
Old 05-12-2006, 07:27 AM   #177  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Nikki congrats on the grads its not so easy to accomplish and your did it with great grades! You will lose your wt. be patient. I only have a 10 mile goal and some weeks its tough to make. Good luck! Didn't buy my outfit yet couldn't find anything I really loved.
The keeping track of my intake is really working for me. I am down another 1/2lb. it all adds up in the end so the little loss is fine. I have only 2.5 to go to make my 5/27 mini goal. That is a 5.0 loss since 4/27. I am so pleased and it motivates me to continue on my journey.
Freda good tip and nice to hear from you.
Chaarli good tips also. Keep up the good workout.
Marie I agree with you I think some of my loss is because I recently started to read my portions on labels a bit closer. Yesterday the boss brought in a snack for our meeting. I read the calories and decided I could have some but only a portion size would cost me 200 cals. So that is what i had. The snack was good and I was in control of the portion. It does make a huge difference. I don't like to go without but fit it into my calories for the day. Yesterday was around 1400 so I am doing okay. I switched to whole wheat bread also making sure its 100% ground whole wheat 1st ingredient listed. It seems to keep me full longer and that helps. Oh I left my yogurt in the freezer overnight by mistake at work. It unthawed and tasted the same. OOOOppps. I am preplanning my foods closely today knowing I am going to a wedding shower on saturday. I am shooting for around 1350 today. I am making a shrimp cocktail for tonight and broiled fish of some sort, broc. steamed and a salad. Snack will be strawberries with lite cool whip and a few almonds crunched up. Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rainy here! Maybe a trip to the gym is in order.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:32 AM   #178  
Michelle the Vegan

Morning all! Yesterday was Day 11 for and I was on-plan with food but got no exercise, so I need to pull a double on that today. A nice loooong walk should do it. I'm getting close to my two week point, can't wait to put that week to bed and start on week three....

A tip, a tip, a tip... I can't think of anything, ummmmm. How about: "always look at the bright side of life...."
Old 05-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #179  

Morning ladies-

cacmsc Great job on your loss. wish I were at 2.5 more I have 4.4 to go but I am determined I have 15 days I am sure I can do it. I know what you mean about the outfit. i found a great slip dress in my closet I will wear I just need to find a little jacket for my arms. I'm thinking a bright little one I have to look next week.
Tyler Hang in there girl you are doing great and will see week 3 before you know it.

Today I am bummed. I thought for sure I would see 159. Well my digi scale is holding steady at 160.0 and my regular old scale says I weigh 158. I don't know which scale to believe. I have dropped the digi on several ocassions and don't know if that affects the weight. I walked 7,754 steps yesterday 1,754 over my goal for 3.5 miles. My total for the week is 29352 steps or roughly 5 miles so far only 6 more miles to go to meet my goal. I never thought I would be able to walk 21 miles in a week but I'm really doing it.

*edited to say * I figured the scale thing out. The floor in my bedroom is not as steady as the floor in the bathroom. I took the digi in the bathroom and weigh 159.4 still a little discrepency but I'll weigh in the bathroom from now on. The tiles there are so steady.

Does anyone know how to post pictures? I cannot get them small enough to post and still visible. I found great before and after pictures I wanted to show you ladies. Any help would be appreciated.

Have a great one ladies

Nikki
Old 05-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #180  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, well weighin was good. I lost another 1/2 pound bringing the total to 4.5 pounds gone. Yeah!!! To say the least, my friends here on this thread are a big reason why.

Carol, you and I look to be losing at about the same rate. Here's a big for you too!!! Good for you on portion control on the unexpected snack. When I'm in the dieting groove, I don't like to be sidetracked. So it's great that you kept right on.

I did something fun this am. I ordered accessories for my iPod. Okay, most wouldn't think that's fun, but I got myself a waterproof case, waterproof headphones and a neoprene armband to hold the case and ipod. Why you ask - I have a pool and have always wanted music to swim laps to. So I found this stuff and I'm going to have fun this summer . At the moment, the pool is too chilly to swim in - about 65 degrees. But the solar heating system has been put up for the year (DH did that) and it's heating nicely. Two weeks ago it was 50 degrees. Anyway, I decided my self serving children (marble definitely knows my woes with that) would never recognize Monther's Day and it sort of bummed my out yesterday when I saw the mother's day gifts on display at the store. So this morning I decided to buy myself something. So my ipod is going to go swimming with me.

Tyler, you are so right wiht your tip. Look on the bright side. In my 20's and younger I was pretty negative, then I realized the only person it was making miserable was me. So I made a conscience effort to change my views. Now it comes pretty naturally. Case in point - yesterday DS's GF told me she's contemplating dropping out of school since the baby was born and it's gotten hard. Other than I don't get that, I was mad. DH and I converted a chunk of our house for them so they could all live here while DS and she finish college and can then provide stability for our grandson. So all this was done, they move in, etc and she decides to drop her part of the agreement. It seems stupid o me, but then I realized that there would be a big side benefit to this. Big, big benefit. DS will graduate next spring (May 07)and there are no software engineering jobs in the town we live so he was going to have to wait until Dec. 07 to look for a job out of town. So if she quits, they can move in a year. Mean as it may sound, I want my house and quiet back so there was a bright side. Now it doesn't bother me at all, In fact, I'm sort of all for it.

Nikki, the way I post pictures is I put them on my website, then click on the picture icon in the Advanced Posting part of this thread. Then I put the link to the picture on my website and voila it's there. If you don't have a site, i'd be happy to put the picture on mine (although it wouldn't be visible on the website, just that you would have a link to it). Just PM and I'll give you my email. Also, the scale issue - I found once that I got very erratic scale numbers when we lived in a house with carpet. The scale on the carpet made the readings all over the place. So I think you figured out that a stable, firm surface is the key. Took my a while to figure out why my wieght fluctuated by 5 pounds every day. So you're quicker than I was.

Freda, take it easy on the leg. Don't push it or you'll really set yourself back. Small steps.

Chaarli, I like using my exercycle in front of the big screen with a concert in the DVD player. Nice upbeat music and a gigantic TV to distract me and the time flies.

Elaine, way to go on the big weight loss. Keep up the great work!!!

Marble, hope your work calms down. All work, no play makes marble a sad chickie.

I hope everyone's weekend is great!!!!
Marie
Closed Thread