Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 09:04 PM   #226  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone!!! Nikki great job on the 9 pounds!!! You are doing so good. I lost another .5 pound so that was good. I'm up to 6.5 for the May 27th goal.

I exercised this am before work. Eeks. I don't like 5:15 am. Much too early, but it needed to be done. I'm going to do it again tomorrow and Thursday.

Work is icky. That's just a concise way to put it. Surfing there isn't easy anymore so I have to write in the evenings. Except I have to be available tomorrow and Thurs evening for computer problems during school conferences. I don't know what in HADES I should be available for but I get to work 13 hour days. As I said, work was icky - only going to get worse for the next two days.

Nikki, I hear you on the orthotics. When I where my sandals, I pay. Not big tim since I bought $$$$ ones that my podiatrist recommended but I can tell. I think I have to ocme up with some solution for doing aerobics because going side to side with the WATP DVD this morning was irritating with the orthotics.

Judy, I could never do a "one thing to eat" diet. Never, no way. I life variety. I read recently that more successful dieters limit their tastes to just a few foods (on MSNBC) and thought there was no way. What would you do when you had a craving that had to be satisfied. Limited foods would never work for me long term. Good luck getting the food log going and getting up in the morning withou excuses.

Intrigued, good luck getting back on track. You can do it.

Well that's about it. Icky day but I stayed totally on course - I guess it wasn't such a bad day after all.
Marie
Old 05-24-2006, 06:48 AM   #227  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Well girls yesterday was the worst day at work in a long time. Everyone was on edge girls disagreeing and crying what the heck. I thought I worked in a human service field where we solve problems and help people. I got myself in trouble for a few min. just listening to a coworkers problems. What the heck. I left the office for a meeting came back and it was like combat war time. I hope today is better and that everyone grew up over night. Hah hah! I have to keep a sense of humor through it all and try to just listen. The boss did say she was sorry to me as I really wasn't involved. That was growth on her part. At any rate hopefully it is better today no one needs that stress and it pushes me over the edge. I didn't do to bad in the intake department except for a handful of chips at 150. I must of had the same craving as Nikki. By the way your doing wonderful Nikki keep it up. Marie you too. Everyone else hang in there! My falling off the boat for a bit was tough but I am trying to swim and float to reach my goal for 6/8. I will do the scale on friday this week. My knee is still a bit off I would like to do the lakes today. I might if my interview for housing with a client is over at a good time. I worked over last night so the time I will flex on friday. We are off to camp this weekend hopefully it warms up. Cool here. I have set the menu for being pretty healthy. I am also taking healthy snacks for me and I am going to prepack some of them just for an easy grab and when its gone its gone. I will get some hiking in as well. Judy I thank you for saying I motivate you. That was sweet. I am going to look back on my journal for the week I lost and try to repeat the week with exercise and food intakes. Why not it worked and its all layed out for me. Intrigued sometimes it is hard to get a jump start but when you start to see some results its like gold well worth the hard work and wow do you feel great. That is the motivation to continue. Just hang in here the support helps us all stay aboard. We sometimes get off course but are quick to return to safety and support of our peers. Thanks everyone for your support. Marie your flying girl! Freda you always have such good advice and comments.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:41 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Morning -

MMarie- If you come up with a solution for aerboics let me now. Congrats on the loss.

Cacmsc- sorry you had such a bad day yesterday. We are always here for suport.

I had a good day overall yesterday. Breakfast was yogurt and water melon, lunch was salad and dinner was 4 links of sausage. However, last night close to bed I grabbed a cup of popcorn and woke up feeling bloated from the salt. Of course the scale was back up a bit but I am sure by Friday I will see 157 as long as I stay away from salt. 2 days to go Ahhhhhhh!

Today I looked in the mirror and for the first time in a long time I was not disgusted by what I saw. I am finally starting to like how I look. I know when I reach my goal and maybe even before I will have so much more confidence.
Nikki

Last edited by Nikki128; 05-24-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:53 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Nikki, what you said about the mirror was really powerful! I hope you'll continue to smile when you see your own image. For a lot of reasons, not all to do with weight, I've never liked to see my own photo, and I'm still learning (at the ripe old age of 48) not to frown at myself in the mirror. I'm so glad that you're feeling better about your looks. I am too, slowly but surely.

Marie and Carol, I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough time at work. You both seem so calmed and centered, I hope that the bs just flows past you and doesn't make you crazy.

Chaarli, Freda, Intrigued, et al, hope you're doing okay. Maureen, Jules, Tired, I miss you, come back

I did get up in time this morning for a TurboJam workout. I've been eating on program again today, but I enjoyed a really good piece of high-quality chocolate a co-worker brought in, with no remorse. I'll let Thursday's be my official "weigh-in" day as far as my ticker's concerned, but it looks like I'm down a pound since Monday, so no more treats, back to the carrots!

judy
Old 05-24-2006, 08:28 PM   #230  

Judy - Way to go about not having remorse. Also congrats on the loss.

I am down tonight cause I messed up I got stressed and grabbed some chips like 10. I did not have a bunch but its still to many. When I get stressed I still fall back on eating ocassionally

Nikki
Old 05-25-2006, 01:12 AM   #231  

I'm still trying.. I need to be consistent.. I will go well one day then the next do horrible with my eating... any tips?
Old 05-25-2006, 06:42 AM   #232  
fIREFLY

Nikki thank you for your thoughts. It was a better day yesterday and I think my accomplishment to help my new client with housing has been solved. Today I will know for sure. My coworkers in the housing dept. just were in ah of how badly this girls living situtation is currently ( interview meeting for housing). I am so glad someone is finally giving us a break and making a move to help. This case is unusual for us to get more needs than the norm etc. heart breaking. But I think its working out for the best. Hurray! Thank God I pushed forward and didn't just sit back waiting it could of ended much worse for her. At any rate I am feeling pretty good about it.
My intake was better choices I did get into a little hot ham. Most likely high sodium level. But all in all a good day cals a bit high 1550. But not awful food choices just hungry I guess stress! Hurray for you Nikki on your feeling better about yourself its a great feeling huh? You are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!! Your going to meet your goal! I bet! If not darn close. Good for you. At any rate I won't meet mine but I am doing better than if I didn't have it. Lots of celebrations for me over that month so I am not feeling to bad. I could be in worse shape my clothes still fit well. I am trying to pack healthy foods for camp and lots of water, fruit, veggies with light dip and I will scoop a serving not just dip. I bought some of those cal. free individual pkts. of lemonade crystal light. For when I want something special to drink.
Nikki times will come by when you will grab a few chips or something else shake it off and move on. Most likely it won't make a difference just don't get into a habit of it. I recently, have enjoyed a low cal 100 yogurt nonfat added 10 little choc. dk. chips and some almonds it is a nice treat and totally acceptable. Judy yah it was tough with the stress at work. I finally told the boss if it all starts in again I am out of the office for the day working. Actually today I will be most of the day and friday as well. I only have to work til 2:30 on friday as I have worked later 2 nights. If we do an emergency move with my client I may have to work later tonight. I am not sure if this is going to fly 100% yet but I sure got the upper hands attention with it just don't know how it will all play out. I can't get over how long it took me. Thank God nothing bad has happened yet. Stress is still a bit high today til this is completed. Take care and Judy your a beautiful person and must have a special glow look harder in that mirror you will see it for sure. Keep moving forward thats all we can do to accomplish our goal and be healthier for it. I hope to Kayak this weekend its going to be beautiful out. Camper is almost packed for the season. The kids are going out with us on the 9th and 10th. We will be going to the Enchanted Cookie Factory but I will do my best to only have alittle.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #233  

Carol, thank you, you are very sweet. Your clients are lucky to have you on their team. We are, too!

Intrigued--There's a book I read a few years ago, Thin for Life, that really made a difference for me. It made me focus on not setting myself up for failure, by having a realistic eating plan that I could stick to indefinitely, instead of only celery sticks. It includes stories from dozens of people who lost a lot of weight and kept it off. The book helped me realize that different things work for different people, and that it would take time to figure out what would work for me over the long term. Anyway, maybe the book can help you figure out what would work consistently for you.

Today is Ticker Day, so I changed my ticker--down two pounds, need three more to reach the June 8 goal.

Later--judy
Old 05-25-2006, 02:02 PM   #234  

Judy - congrats on the 2 pounds
Old 05-26-2006, 06:44 AM   #235  
fIREFLY

Judy congrats on the 2lbs. Just think 2lbs. thats a great one! I am down .5 but would of done better but the last 2 days added in too much bread. Bagels and sandwiches. I guess I am lucky I lost anything. I am off to camp today after work. Still waiting to get my girl placed on my caseload. I will feel better when that is completed. Yesterday was a higher than normal stress day again. This week I had to deal with a lot of extras not fun stuff at all. I hate these types of weeks but sometimes the results are good and thats what I am there for. At any rate I am trying to take some healthy choices with me camping and will try not to let what others are eating get in my way. Its easy to slip up when everyone else is munching away. So I will pick up some baked tortilla chips and salsa and measure out the amt. of chips per serving and try not to place myself to close to the munchers. Oh give me strength. I have 4lbs. to lose before the 8th. I can do it if I try hard enough I know. So forward I go. 1.5 is part of my loss from earlier just think if I had kept it off to start with! Huh! Oh well its life at least I am moving forward and have a goal in mind. I will get some exercise in this weekend with walking etc. Still have to go get my fishing license and some groceries on the way home from work. We hope to be on the road by 5. Its only 45 min. to an hr. to camp. Have a great weekend and lets keep moving forward no more backwards for [email protected]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:55 AM   #236  

Morning-

Well today is the day. I weighed in at 158. That is a loss of 9 lbs since April 27. I am happy that I lost but at the same time bumed I did not make it to at least 10 lbs. Oh well 4 lbs to go by june 8. Maybe I can make that goal. If not I won't make any specific goals but rather continue to lose. I can't help but wonder if I did everything I could have. I really thought I would see 157 today.

Nikki
Old 05-26-2006, 09:49 AM   #237  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Nikki - 9 pounds is awesome. I doubt there was anything more you could do.

Carol, congrats on the .5 pounds. That's the right direction, right?!?!? So you're on your way. Have fun camping this weekend and good luck keeping the munchies at bay. I'm not good on trips so I hope you have better luck than me.

Judy, 2 pounds is great. Way to go.

Today was my weighin and I'm on top of the world. I lost 1.5 pounds since Tuesday for a total of 8 pounds since I started for the May 27th goal. I dind't make 10 but I was losing an average of 1.5 pounds per week so it wasn't going to happen. But this past week, I lost 2 pounds os I'm very happy.

Nikki, I tried buying som Dr. Scholl Sports Gel insoles for my old tennis shoes and they feel better, but I think I'm going to run back to town and buy the shoes I tried on on Sunday. The right foot had felt awesome and the left was okay. I'll let you know. I haven't gotten the Turbo Jam stuff yet, but I still don't know if I want it. Luckily they have a money back guarantee.

Work was busy and yucky this week. I had to work on Wednesday evening and didn't last night. Just very busy. So being able to come home on time yesterday made me fulfill my promis I made to my doggies yesterday morning. I told them if i could get out of working last night, I'd take them out walking (I had been doing the WATP DVD's every morning). So DH and I took them to the mountain and went hiking after work. They were so happy and it was wonderful. Chilly, but wonderful.

I have 5 days off and I'm looking forward to it. Work this week was aggravating to say the least. So I definitely don't want to go back.

Well, that's it. I'm just a happy camper today.
Marie
Old 05-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #238  

Marie - congrats on the 8 pounds. We tried and came damn near close. Now onto the June 8 goal 13 days left. I have 4 lbs to go in 13 days.

Nikki
Old 05-26-2006, 12:25 PM   #239  

Nikki, wow, nine pounds in four weeks . That's an average of over 2 lbs. a week. From what I can tell from reading other threads, it's hard for anyone to to lose much more than a pound a week (on average) over a couple of months or more, so maybe you shouldn't be bummed at all! Congratulations!

And Marie, you are kickin' butt, too! Way to go. Once you get the orthotics figured out, there will be no stopping you. Have you asked the folks at the local runner's shoe store for advice?

Carol, have fun camping! What with the stressful week you had, this probably couldn't have come at a better time.

I am going to take care of some paperwork this weekend, play Home Spa and watch movies. And buy a couple of workout bras that fit! I live near Arlington Cemetary, so although I'm generally kind of anti-military, I can't help but think about the point of this 'holiday,' so I'll also take time to think about people I know who've passed away since this time last year.

Be well--judy
Old 05-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #240  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone I'd like to join your daily check-in if I may? I was doing a weekly check in but that thread was discontinued . I find it very helpful to check in and post my loss (or gain ) each week. I think a daily check-in would be even more helpful

My official weigh-in day is Friday and today I'm at 189. I'm trying to get my weight loss going again as I've been losing very slowly and even plateuing for weeks and weeks, which gets very frustrating. I would love to be down to 180 by my birthday in August.

I've just started eating more protein and have increased my calories to 1600, so we'll see how that works out.

I'm looking forward to posting on this thread and meeting some new friends here.

P.S. Marie - I noticed you are in Klamath Falls. Our son goes to school there at O.I.T. and will be graduating next month. I'm in Portland, OR, so we're almost neighbors!

Last edited by penpal; 05-26-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Closed Thread