Old 01-01-2006, 02:33 PM   #106  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy New Year! We rung in the new year watching THE RING 2. How's that for fun.

Ellen-So you didn't have little kiddos for New Year's Eve? What did you do?

I always wish for time alone but when my girls aren't around its just too darn quiet and then I get missing them. Sick, huh?

I think I may join a health club with my sister this year. Kelly says its okay and my sister is already signed up and wants someone to work out with. Her husband joined but he says they can't work out together. He says its embarrassing to watch eachother bouncing around and looking all sweaty. What a weirdo? Naw, I can see his point. I won't do my exercise tapes with Kelly around either.

Gotta go. My brother's plane lands in 20 minutes and I have to pick him and his wife up. Then, me, Tiana, and my mom are going to check out the fabric store. I have a $50 gift card to play with...

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:43 AM   #107  

Default Good morning

Hello Ladies,

Well it sounds like everyone had a nice new years... mine was ok.. but let me tell ya all i did yesterday was nothing... hubby took yesterday and watched football all day and i was in our bedroom and watched chic flicks all day .. this is something we never do.. so it was wonderful.. he cooked dinner roast, potatoes and veggies.,.. it was yummy... I did drink water so thats a plus and i didnt have anything chocolate...yipppppyyyy for me because that was turning into one of my 3 meals aday......

well its time to get back to real life ... I am going to exercise today i will let you know how i do.. and i plan on cleaning and being very careful with what i eat... I figure if i can stop smoking for 6 months so far... then hey i can do this ... control control control.. and with you guys kicking my butt how can i go wrong...

Chris.. the gym sounds like a great Idea... I use to walk with my gram everday at 5am we would walk about a mile... then at 7 am my friend would come over and we would do aroebics for 35mins... and i always watched what i ate... I was a size 4 and thought i was it...lol... but then life went crazy and i gained all this weight.. but if i could do it then i can do it know.. just need to get the movitation and that is where you ladies come in to play... lets go girls.... get the excitment going...lol... thanks for being so supportive... have a great day.. Carly
carlytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:16 AM   #108  

Height: 5'5"

The kidddies were behaving very well before bed, and then they went to sleep without too much of a problem. So, They were here, but they were so good it was easy to think they were not there. But they did have some fun. DH went to Dunkin' Donuts and got them a box of munchkins.

Yesterday was good too. Went to Church in the AM then went to a friends house for a PJ party. THe kids love it they all get to run arround in their pj's and have fun. Then guys all watched football and the ladies chatted upstairs. I had one sandwich and a little pasta salad. I drank 128oz of water(I just kept refilling my bottle) I did go a little nuts with the cookies, but not too bad~there were still some left over when we left. Have a great day Ladies!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #109  
Focus on the Process

Afternoon, I got off work early because there is just nothing to do there. The kids went back to school today..definitely alot quieter that way.

I'm working on keeping my eating in check..so far so good. I'm going to see if my sister will go with me to sign up at the health club tomorrow. I'm still intimidated by the whole thing...kind of creates flashbacks to gym class. I may have been skinny then, but the horror of gym shorts and not being athletic have scarred me for life..

I better check all my email and then find something constructive or productive to do.

~chris
Old 01-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #110  

Hi all! Very busy these last couple of days. Tomorrow is no Exception. 2 appts for 2 different cars and an eye doc appt (for me) DH and I took the kids to Chuckie CHeese's today. They all had a blast. I ate pretty well 1370cal hopefully I will get back into my routine and get up early on Wed b4 DS goes to school and get my Exercise in. DH has been home he is off today and tommorrow, so I know I will not beable to start my routine with him home.

Chris I found that going to a all ladies "gym" like Curves really helped my fear. I don't know if I could be comfortable exercising with guys around (I would think they were all thinking "look how big she is" and not be able to get anything done) But having done a all ladies gym I am more comfortable know that they are all htere because they just want to be fit and are not concerned with how other people look. Good Luck! I would still be a member, but the fees were a little more than our budget would allow.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:58 AM   #111  

Default Goodmorning

Goodmorning Ladies,,,

Well I am happy to say... I got up at 4:45 and exercised... Yippppppyyyy for me.... it was only 20 minutes but hey that was great for me... and i also already had an 8 oz glass of water.... starting out on the right track.. I will keep it up... figure if i am just totally positive about the whole thing it will happen.. I think i will have eggs for breakfast.. I dont have to much food in the house so its going to be hard to find healthy choices but i will do the best i can.. wish me luck.. this is the beinging of a great year for all of us.. any and all motivational advice is always welcome..

get up, get moving, drink that water.... thanks for your support.. have a great day....Carly
Old 01-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #112  
Focus on the Process

Today is the day for me. I'm going to join the health club where my sister has a membership. I'll at least have someone to work out with. She may be a skinny mini but I won't feel so conspicuous because she is about the most uncoordinated person you'd ever see. What's important is to get moving, right?

I just need to buck up and get over my insecurities. I've done good with my calorie intake. I've kept it right at my calorie limit or below a bit. I feel much better and not quite so bloated. And like Carly, I have been drinking a ton of water. I'm trying to refrain from drinking diet soda. I read an article in a book that said caffeine in diet pop can trigger your body to release more insulin. I don't need that.

Way to go Ellen and Carly! It's great to see everyone starting the new year off on the right foot. Carly-Eggs aren't bad for you. They are an excellent source of protein.

~chris
Old 01-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #113  
Focus on the Process

I did it! I did it! I am an official member of the Billings Athletic Club. I have my orientation tonight and my first session with a personal trainer. Jennifer (my sister) and I are going together tonight.

I'll let you all know how it goes. It was so cool. The owner is the neatest gal, and she is like me. She has arthritis too. She says I'll get alot of benefits out of all this. She said she felt so much better when she started exercising with her arthritis. I'll be loving this, I bet!

~chris
Old 01-04-2006, 05:54 AM   #114  

Default Good morning

Hey Chris...

you are so excited... congrats.. its always wonderful when you find someone who knows a little bit of what you are going through.. she will know how much to push you.
Kudos for me again... i did my 20 minutes and 8oz of water... cant believe I am doing this before my first cup of coffee... but it does feel good to have some routine begining.. my body is a bit sore but i knew that would happen.. but in about a week it will be ok..I just cant wait for all the energy i will have once my body gets use to this.. I remember back when, when i exercised all the time... I had so much energy and felt so good.. that is what i think about just before i go to bed i think it helps get me ready to get up and exercise..lol...

anyway. I hope you had a great work out chris...keep up the great work..

Ellen ... I hope all is well with you..

Have a great day... Carly
Old 01-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #115  
Focus on the Process

Our session with the trainer went well last night. I think we are going again tomorrow night. I'll have to ask Jen. TOday I went to Janet's house and did 1 hour of pilates with her. Two days in a row...wow!

I gotta go. Sorry so short. We didn't make it to my MIL's house for dinner and her birthday..so tonight we go. Talk to you tomorrow.

~chris
Old 01-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #116  

Hi CHris and Carly! YOu two sound like you are doing great! I have not been too bad, just a little stressed out. I have not exercised since before Christmas, and I don't think I can fit it in until next week.

My Mom and sisiter are leaving for down under tomorrow and I have my 2brothers and 1 sister for the next 3.5 weeks. Ages 11-2.5yrs I am hoping to get a good routine in place by next week so that life will be easier on all of us.

I did not do to badly today. I overdid a little with dinner, but I did not know what time I was getting the kids so we oredered pizza. I could have done worse, I wanted more, but I stopped and feel good about it now. I got my water in and will try to be better tomorow. DH and I are going food shopping tomorrow so I will have better choices around the house.

I think I finally have all the little one's down. I have to run and get some rest.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:46 AM   #117  

Goodmorning Ladies,

wow.. Ellen you sound very busy for the next 3.5 Wks.... why dont you try to have the kids join you with you exercise routine... i did that with my daughter when she was about 3... it wasnt always the best exercise sessions but at least i would get a little in daily... just a suggestion.

I still dont have the eating thing down to well.. but I havent had Chocolate in a week.. so that is a plus all by its self... when i go food shopping i will get better choices in the house.. I think if I just go low fat eating.. that is what i did before... I should do ok... it is so nice to come on here and tell you what i am doing ... because i feel accountable now...
so my exercise today was.. dont laugh.... bellydancing... ok so it was funny i am not all that cordinated... but hey this is the year of try new things...

Chris... great work out... I havent gotten to an hour of anything yet... 20 minutes max at the moment.. but next week i am going to push it to 30.. but these 20 minute sessions have my body talking to me so I think that is good for this week..

Thank you so much for all your support and incouragement...

Have a great day and keep up the great work....,.Carly
Old 01-05-2006, 11:17 AM   #118  

Carly I tried that with my kids alone and it was a mess. I really don't have the room for them all to move around with me. I think we are all going to go for a walk this afternoon. everything else is going pretty good so far!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:56 AM   #119  
Focus on the Process

Sorry for being MIA. I had work on Thurs and my doctor appt yesterday morning. I weighed in with a 2 lb loss.

Wed. I did pilates with my sister and Thurs. night my other sister and I went to the gym and did 1/2 hr. on the life circuit and 1/2 hr. on the treadmill. Too much going on yesterday, so I didn't get much in. I figured all the walking I had to do to get my errands done counts for something.

Hope you all are having a good day. I better go and get some breakfast in my tummy and get my day going.

Check back later...

~chris
Old 01-09-2006, 05:20 AM   #120  

Default Goodmorning

Hello,

Sorry I didnt check in over the weekend.. I am not sure what happens to me when the weekends roll around... I have noticed I dont do a whole lot and eating and exercising goes straight out the window.. well those things are going to change... will power.... life has been a little crazy around here but not bad... its getting better everyday..

I will exercise this morning and drink my water... Have a wonderful day.. Keep up the great work you guys are doing wonderful...

God Bless
Carly