Old 12-01-2005, 01:06 AM   #46  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Carly, Hi Michelle...
I'm playing on my Christmas present right now. I didn't feel like venturing downstairs to use the other computer.

I got my SIL home today. Picked her up and drove around to get her prescriptions filled and her necessary supplies from a few drug stores. We went back out tonight to feed her some din din and change the dressings on her foot. It really doesn't look as bad as I thought. I hope it heals well. She has 2 incisions about 5 in long and a hole still in her foot but at least it's not as big as it was before. It used to be the size of a golfball, and now its only as big around as your thumb. Tomorrow we take her to her podiatrist to do a whirlpool on her foot and make sure its not getting any more infections.

Michelle-We got more snow today. I don't mind the snow...just the temp. BUt of course, it does bring out the idiot drivers. No tree here yet. Hopefully next week. I tried to go for quality instead of quantity...and not so sure how good I did. My main present for Tiana was the Karoake game for the Xbox and the head set. Coli is getting a V-smile too... Santa is bringing her a bike for Christmas. Kayla's big present is going to be a dollhouse. She say this one at Costco and she is totally in love with it. They are so hard to buy for... I can't remember...what are you getting your degree in? I plan on getting my associates online and then Nicole will be old enough and in kindergarten. Then I'll be able to do regular classes and get my bachelor's. That is, if I still have enough left in me to want to. It's been hard and a really big challenge but I absolutely love it.

Carly-Get that office set up, woman! And step away from the Thanksgiving goodies. I think we'll all be fine once we get past the holiday season. I hope working from home will be a good deal for you and your family. Did you get any lookers on your house yet?

I'm back to binging here and there though. I've noticed that 2 things happen when I get stressed. I binge and I spend money I don't have. It's like my mind wants to find something to make me feel good and that's what I do. I'm almost thinking some counseling might be a benefit to me. I just don't know how to get the control and maintain it. I can get a prescription for appetite suppressing drugs from the clinic, but I don't want to get used to being on that stuff. My friend took them for awhile and then when she went off them, her hunger response went nuts and she packed it on even more.

Okay, time to go to bed. Morning comes around way too fast for me. I can't handle it....

Hugs to you both and get some sleepies....

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:39 AM   #47  

Default Good morning

goodmorning ladies,

Michelle.... let me tell ya,, regarding the christmas... I have nothing...lol.. my poor kids will be lucky if they get 1 gift this year.. money is terribly tight... but they will get what it is they want... you know that one gift they really really want... if nothing else.. but my boys have not told me yet... my daughter well she is a book hound... so books it will be she wants the whole set of harry potter books.. me and hubby decided this year not to get each other anything.. but we will fill the stockings... YOU know the dollar store stuff..LOL... but its all good..

Chris... you are always running around like a crazy woman.. busy busy.. how do you ever find time for you.. oh yeah.. you dont...lol...

I am so glad you sil foot isnt as bad looking as you thought... the office is just about all set... I just need to get to staples and buy a fax, copier, scanner .. then i should be really good to go..so far being home i love it.. i get the house clean in the morning .. remember i get up at 4:30.. then i start working about 8.... i have been havnig my dinner in the crockpot by the time i start to work.. I feel like i am being a better wife and mom.. ya know..

no lookers on the house yet.. but thats ok... its just not time for us to sell .. when its time god will get the people here.. i have no worries....

well ladies I hope you have a wonderful day.. i will check back later... keep up the great work.. i know you can do it....Carly.
carlytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:23 PM   #48  
Focus on the Process

This time of year just stinks...the weather has my allergies all in an uproar. I know, I'm strange but when it gets cold and the air pressure changes I get stuffed up and I get super dizzy all the time. That's been my battle for the day. My head is just swimming. I took some allergy pills and now instead of dizzy, I feel al sorts of loopy.

I didn't do too bad today as far as food goes. Not spectacular but I didn't totally blow it either. I would exercise but right about now I think I'd fall over and the kids would have to walk over top of me to get into everything.

I have some assignments to finish so I better scoot. ER is on tonight and its a new episode.

~chris
Old 12-02-2005, 12:43 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

Carly I know about money being tight The only reason I have money to get gifts every year is because I have a holiday bank account and my husband gets his vacation paid out every year in November so I save that for my holiday shopping! I got a whole 8 gifts wrapped today until one of the children got up and tried to peek lol. How was your day?

Chris, I had some assignments due today as well I finished them a few hours ago so I have the rest of the evening to rest and relax I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling too well that stinks!! Did you get a new computer for Christmas? How cool! What classes are you taking right now? I'm taking Human Resources Management and IT 300 I like both of them but can't wait for my next block which I think I'm taking financial accounting! Woohoo!!

Okay well I'm gonna watch some television I'll see you guys tomorrow!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:22 AM   #50  

Default goodmorning

Good Morning Ladies,

Well yesterday was a strange day for me.. I had to go over to my bosses house and work.. because he has gone away for the weekend.. and at his house the fax works and he has the phone lines set up.. I will be getting all of that next week here at my home.. cant wait.. have to say i was completely uncomfy in someone else's house. I have to go back there today..

anyways, other than that my day was really good. this weekend my daughter wants to decorate for xmas... so i think that is what we are going to do..

my eating wasnt to bad yesterday... but i didnt get enough water.. I will work on that today..

Chris I hope you feel better today.. How is your sil doing?? I am hoping everyday she is getting a bit better.

Michelle.. I think maybe next year... I will take your advice and do a christmas savings.. what great advice..

ok i have to get ready to go to the bosses house so i will catch up with you guys later.. have a great day.... carly
Old 12-02-2005, 05:00 PM   #51  
Focus on the Process

Today has been my usual run around day. I took Robin in to get the pump inserted in her foot so she can cut down her visits to the doctor. She has this tube inserted in her foot hooked up to a portable vacuum thing. Interesting. I just got back home.

I have to pick up Kayla in a few minutes and try to get my prescriptions filled. Our insurance "requires" us to use a certain pharmacy now or they won't pay for our meds. Switching pharmacies is such a hassle. Something always gets screwed up.

Carly-I personally would feel very uncomfortable working out of someone else's house too. Good luck with that one.

Michelle-My next semester is five classes...Computerized accounting, accounting procedures II, Payroll Accounting, Windows Access, and Records Management. I went in today and got my MMR booster shot so that my registration can go through. OWWWWW! Did you ever quit working? I know you mentioned that Zhaun wanted you to.

I like the idea of a Christmas savings account too. We're making the mad scramble to find enough money for everything again. I'm sick of doing that. Maybe that's what I need to do and then I wouldn't be stressing out so much.

I suppose I better scoot. I have to finish writing my paper and have it turned in by 5. Nicole is getting her pics done at five. She was supposed to do it yesterday but Kelly chickened out and rescheduled her for today. Then I better get some of Microsoft Powerpoint assignments done. I have 24 of those little buggers to do before the 11th. Check back in a bit.

~chris
Old 12-02-2005, 06:55 PM   #52  
Focus on the Process

Man, now I"m going to be spending my weekend worrying. I got my lab results back today and my liver counts are high again, my CO2 level is very low, and I have some other results out of the normal range. I told Kelly I was feeling off again. I did this a couple years ago. My medicine was causing liver toxicity last time and I'd get dizzy and feel totally off. I've been getting dizzy again for the last few days. I was thinking it was from allergies but now I'm kind of wondering.

It's not a totally dangerous situation, but if my liver counts are off from my current medications for my rheumatoid arthritis, he'll take me off of them until my counts go back to normal. Last time it was 2 months worth of the worst agony. I hurt soooo bad then. I don't really want to repeat it. I think I'd rather go through childbirth again...

Janet finally left with her kids and now I'm trying to get Nicole ready for her pictures. I got all my homework turned in. Now this weekend, I can get caught up on all my other junk. Take my Human Relations test, get my notes ready for my Business test and work on some accounting, and do my Powerpoint assignments, and start on my 10-key assignments. Hummm...That's HECKUVA LOT !! (now that I look at it on paper).

better go. Tiana is trying to pick out clothes for Nicole and she keeps grabbing things that are old, too small, or have little stains on them.

~chris
Old 12-03-2005, 11:21 AM   #53  
Focus on the Process

Ahhh....dizziness semi-explained. I woke up with a stuffed up head and nose and another great headache. Then I did a WATP workout tape. Bet that was good for the ol' headache. All that bouncing around.

Okay, here is a semi-personal question. Does anyone know of a good sports bra with LOTS of support that doesn't have those stupid underwires that dig in to your sides???? I'm in the desperate need for one.

Today is my sit at home and do some homework day. I'm not leaving until I take Tiana to a birthday party for her friend at school. Get some housework done, get some invoices entered in the computer for my dear darling hubby, and lounge. Kayla spent the night out with Robin. They're having their "date" night. My SIL picks up Kayla usually and they go shopping and out to lunch and all sorts of stuff and she usually spends the night, but since she is laid up at home with her foot, they are had a stay in "date". Kayla loves her to death. They have a special little bond. I wish I had one like it with my aunts when I was growing up. I think it's different for Robin because she never had the chance to have children herself, so Kayla, Nicole, and Tiana are her kids.

I'm rambling now. I need to scoot and get some breakfast in me so I can take my medicine. Otherwise I'll be gimping around all week.

~chris
Old 12-04-2005, 01:17 PM   #54  

Default good afternoon

hey Chris,,

as usual you are way to busy for me..

its nice that you sil has that bond with you children.. my kids where never lucky enough to have that..

well me and my daughter brought my gram to a christmas party last night.. it was nice.. a little uncomfortable for me and my daughter but hey we got to spend time with gram.. I think that will probably be the biggest thing she does for christmas this year.

anyways,, i did eat like a crazy person again.. oh well what ya going to do.. such is life right..

well i need to run.. had some things to get done around here.. i will chat with you later.. oh yeah.. its snowing here....

chow for now.. carly
Old 12-04-2005, 01:21 PM   #55  

Can another mom join or are y'all full?
KateGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:29 PM   #56  
Focus on the Process

Evening alll....

Kate-Of course you can join! Thre is always room for one more. So tell us a bit about yourself. My name is Chris. I'm a sahm mom in Montana. I have 3 daughters and work for just a bit with my dad and am going to college to get my degree in Accounting Technology. I'm 34, going on 50...These kids are wearing me out. I like to read books for fun, sew, and play on the computer.
I started out weighing 223 and am currently down to 197. I am just dying for the day I will be at my goal weight of 155.

Carly-Sounds like you enjoyed yourself at the party. I don't think we have any parties to go to this year. How awful! Oh well, at least I won't be eating like a maniac. I go to the clinic Friday for my weigh in and my appt. with the dietician.

Michelle-Hey sunshine! How's your half of the state? It's cold, it's snowy, and I have my butt planted in front of the fireplace. Thanks for the upgrade to administrator.

Okay. Gotta go. I guess I should really be getting some paperwork done. It sucks anymore. I feel guilty for relaxing and not be productive.

~chris
Old 12-06-2005, 06:18 AM   #57  

Default Good morning

hello ladies,

Hi Kate,,, Glad you could join us.

Well yesterday was you usual monday... crazy crazy... but other then that it was great. my boss is finally back from fla.. so that helps.. he has such a great way of talking to people and calming people down..

the eating was ok.. but i still didnt drink enough water so today i will start with the water again.
Chris.. How is your sil???

well have a great day... keep up the great work... i will check back later...Carly
Old 12-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #58  
Focus on the Process

Carly, My SIL is doing good. The visiting nurse came out and changed the stuff on her foot and serviced her little machine. All is well in foot land I guess.

Man, I had to get an MMR shot on Friday and I did have an immediate reaction to it, so I figured I wouldn't. My arm got sore yesterday and it was tender and itching. I had the BIGGEST hive on my arm. It feels better today, though.

I did okay yesterday until ( ) that stupid boy scout popcorn. I ate some. I was weak. I still didn't go much over my calorie limit though for the day. No exercise though. AGAIN!

Today I'm not sure if I'll get in either. I have a doctor appt. this am. We'll see if he switches me to those high priced drugs. If he does, I hope my insurance will cover most of it. The next level of drugs for me run around $1200 to $1500 every six weeks. OUCH on the pocketbook. If it comes down to having to pay that, I guess I'd have to stay on methotrexate and take the pain.

Better get the kids ready for school.

SEE YA LATER...

~hugs
chris
Old 12-07-2005, 06:40 AM   #59  

Default Good morning

Good Morning,

Chris I always feel so bad for you for having to take all that med that cost so much.. hopefully eating right and getting your body back in balance with change all that for you.

I am reading The Maker's Diet not sure if you ever read it or not but it is very interesting this man had crohns disease and now he is very healthy I am only part way through the book... but i think i will try to implement some of these principles into my life.. I will let you know it has a section for what to eat and how to balance your meals.. I think when i get to that then i will let you know how it works.it mentions kefir... I have no Idea what that is.. but i will find out..LOL..

yesterday I did ok.. not great but ok... my newest goal is to not eat anything after 7pm.. and only drink water after that time. usually i will have soda or ice tea..

ok well since i babbled on this morning.. I will check back later and see how everyone is doing have great and productive day... carly
Old 12-07-2005, 12:08 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey there guys!!

Sorry I was missing in action for a few days I was working on my other site.

Chris, how are you feeling? Have you heard anything from your doctor? I'm worried about you!!

Carly, I've read parts of the makers diet because someone i worked with was reading it. Oh and Kefir is WONDERFUL!! Its a yogurt like drink. you can usually find it in the health section of your store! If you like yogurt you'll love kefir.

Not much here going on just patiently waiting for santa to come! lol Geez I'm such a kid at heart!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote