Old 01-29-2006, 05:15 PM   #166  

Height: 5'5"

very busy weekend, I did good even with going out last night. I thought I was going to stay the same at weigh in, but i lost all the extra weight. I am now offically back to pre-christmas weight. I am really motivated. You ladies have a great week end, I have to go get my water, I am really behind. ((hugs))
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:50 AM   #167  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

My weekend went by in a blur. I can't really say I ate bad, but I didn't exactly eat the best either.

Congrats on losing all the extra pounds, Ellen. Great job!

Carly-sorry, I didn't stick to my program. It was just one of those weekends. Nothing bad happened, just got a little lax on everything.

Tomorrow is Monday and a new day. I'm gonna get right back on the wagon, and forget the mishaps of the weekend.

I'll check back tomorrow. I did lose some extra weight, I had gained a few pounds in just a couple days, which I thought was really odd. I drank extra water and nixed the soda for a few days, and it came back off. Must have been retaining alot of water.

Okay..night. As soon as Tiana gets done with her shower, the bath tub is mine, mine....MINE! (Evil sinister laugh.....)

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:13 AM   #168  

Default Good morning

Good Morning Ladies,

Well so far... yesterday... I did not do so well... ate brownies and junk food.. I did do my exercising though... I did not drink enough water... and let me tell ya my body is telling me all about it...well today is a new day... so i will start again... I surely need to get some fruits and veggies in this house... when i go shopping next time...

well I am going to start setting daily challanges for myself.. I think today will be drinking my eight to ten glasses of water... sounds like a plan to me.. I will let you know... now what to do tomorrow....

well I hope you ladies have a great day and if you can think of any daily challanges please let me know... i need all the help I can get....

Thank you,

God Bless
Carly
carlytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:53 PM   #169  
Focus on the Process

Hey Carly, Hey Ellen...Maybe I should have a daily goal too. My goal for the day is to drink 8-10 glasses of water too...and NO POP! I think I need to make sure I move and do some sort of aerobic activity on the days I don't go to the gym. I went last night after not going for 4 nights. Gosh, it felt good. I worked up a sweat...

Not much going on today. I'm babysitting my niece and nephew because my sister switched to days on her job. I'll work on my homework later. Kelly has the day off too. He got flexed off for the day. They only had six service calls for the day and 7 technicians scheduled. So they flexed off 5 and kept 2 techs on. We're gonna work on getting our trailer ready for the camping season so that we can get it out of the driveway so I can quit parking in the street. I'll check back later.

Carly, don't fret. Just jump right back into your groove. You can do it!

~chris
Old 02-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #170  

Good morning ladies!!! My mom and sisiter made it home safely last night, so I now only have my three little ones. I am not sure what to do with myself.

I think I am still fighting off this cold, so I think I will lay low. I have to get DS on the bus, but after that I do not have anything planned for today.

Food wise I have been good, we will see if I get achance/feel better to exercise. but on the up side, I have stayed the same, so at leaset I am not gaining. You ladies have a great day!!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:26 AM   #171  

Default Good morning

Hello Ladies,

so i beat my challange of drinking my 8-10 glasses of water... yippppyyyy.. does make you feel real good when you accomplish something.. I notice i do feel so much better when i drink my water... my body does not seem so sore all the time.. exercising is still going wonderfully... that really helps me through out the day because i get so tense at my job the exercising has been helping keep me calm.. the eating well .. to day i challange myself to try to make the best choices possible...again not much in the food department in this house.. but hey I should be able to find better choices..I can do this.

I know you ladies are doing wonderful....

Ellen I do hope you are feeling better today.

Chris did you make your challange of 8-10 glasses of water>?? I bet you did.. you are so motivated...

well have a wonderful day... i will try and check back later...

God Bless
Carly
Old 02-03-2006, 04:42 PM   #172  
Focus on the Process

Hey girls...sorry for not posting yesterday. I had to work and shuttle the girls around to all their stuff last night. Now today, lucky me, I have a tummy bug. I feel like crap. Achy body, runny nose, headache from H*ll, etc. You name it, I think I have all the symptoms of a flu. So needless to say, I'm staying within my calories really great today.

I get up and work on my homework a bit, fold some clothes, get dizzy and go lay down. I would love to be sleeping right now, but as is the way of things, when I don't feel good, Nicole feels better than normal and is getting into everything. Of course...right?

Gonna check on my classes and go lay down. My head is starting to pound again.

~chris
Old 02-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #173  

ladies! I am off for my cruise tomorrow morning very early. I am looking forward to this so much. Now it will snow and the plane will not be able to fly out. :P We are all ready for our little get together today for the Superbowl, then off to mom's to drop off the kids. I will not be on until I get back, so I hope you three stay OP nad positive. Have a great week.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:29 PM   #174  
Focus on the Process

Couldn't post because I've been a little sickie. I can't say I really feel much better. I feel fine, and then when I eat..super nausea hits.

ANyhow, dinner is cooking and I'll check back when I get a few more minutes. Later tonight hopefully.

Hey Ellen, Have fun on your cruise! Still wish I could pack myself up in your suitcase.

~chris
Old 02-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #175  

Default Good morning

Hey Chris,,,

I hope you are feeling better today..... I have had this stupid dry cough thingy going on for about a week... it is driving me crazy... I sure hope ellen has a goodtime ... man i would like to go away for a little while... that would be nice... we are suppose to go to maine the weekend of the 20th... so that will be nice that is a long weekend.. we decided to go and see how we like the winter months there... ya know... well i got up late need to get going ... I will try and check back later..

Challange to day... Drink my water.....

God Bless,
Carly
Old 02-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #176  
Focus on the Process

Man, I just feel so disorganized this week. I'm not sleeping very good and this is going to sound so anal retentive, but I usually get on the computer Saturday night or Sunday morning to go through my courses and print out my assignments for the following week. I didn't do it until last night and I just feel so out of sorts now.

I'm feeling better. Occasionally my stomach feels yuck again, but I guess I'll live with it. I keep waking up short of breath a few times a night, so I'm assuming that something is causing my allergies to act up. Gonna have to knock myself out at night with my allergy pills....

I went to the gym last night with my sister and did 25 min on the treadmill and 2 sets of reps on the Life Circuit. Wednesday, we are going during the day, so that Wed. night I can go to church with my other sister and my mom. They are doing a "ladies only' church service. Usually its about things you have to deal with raising girls and such. I need all the help I can get with raising mine.

Drink drink drink that water. I've been drinking a ton of water lately. I haven't noticed the numbers changing much on the scale but my clothes are looser so I'm assuming my muscles are getting all toned up. Such a long frustrating road. I wish I had more patience, because losing weight seems to take so long. I am so desperately wanting to buy my skinny clothes and ditch the 'fat girl' clothes, non of which are very flattering. Well let me know how your day goes. I'm sorry I"m slacking on my posts. I'll try to at least keep up with it this week.

~chris
Old 02-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #177  

Default single mom of 4, 2 R overweight

Hello,
I post in other threads here on 3 fatchicks, I just need general support today. Getting some harsh news from the Dr. today, 2 kids are overweight and she is concerned about them having/getting type 2 diabetes. I am overweight and working on losing (9lbs so far Yippie!) weight and I'm working on my kids and the whole family now. I just went into a sadness that I can't describe. See I go to college 2 nights a week so on those days I have 12-16 hour days and I don't see my little ones( the overweight ones) until the afternoon of the 3rd day. Money is hard to stretch and I have to shop and cook the other days since we did manage to cut out fast food. I have a delimna thought. I'm really considering dropping out of school this semester. I only have about 90 days to go but my kids eating when I'm not here is way out of control. Well my 7 year olds eating is. There is a very long story involved there but suffice it to say that she is eating like crazy when she is home. I really don't send them to the park across the street alone b/c there are some serious bullies there. I can't go with them every day b/c of the 2 days at school the other days are consumed with all the "other" stuff that needs to be done. I really need some support or suggestions. I really feel like I need to take the doctor seriously and this weight issue with me and my kids seriously and I really want to have the time to focus on that. Of course my friends discourage me from quitting school but most of them are overweight too. They don't plan on losing weight. At any rate thanks for reading.
msruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:56 PM   #178  
Focus on the Process

Ruthie..Hey hon, I know what your going through is VERY hard. Don't quit school though. I'm also an overweight mother. I have 3 daughters. I have rheumatoid arthritis and am also going to school. I'm a full-time student, work part time for my dad and am a stay at home mom for the rest. If the doctor is concerned about your children's weight, I would take him seriously. One thing you can do for you and your kids is only buy healthy food. They'll throw a fit for a bit, but then they'll calm down. Apples, oranges, bananas, etc. Find some healthier options for all of you. I make this dessert out of fat-free cottage cheese, fat-free frozen whipped topping, and any flavor of sugar-free jello. Mix it all together and you have a tasty little treat. There is alot of web sites that feature kid-friendly healthy food. I know its hard to tackle everything when you're going to school. I still have days where I feel like its me against the world, but it passes. Who watches your kids when you're in school? Sit down and let them know (babysitter, father, kids, etc) and what you are going to do so there is no surprises. I don't know what else to tell ya. It takes a lot of courage to lose weight and alot to go to school....Just go for it!!!!

~chris
Old 02-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #179  

Thanks so much Chris. This is a really difficult decision for me. I really don't have any family support in that sense. I work full time, and all I really hav eis my kids. My oldest daughter just started working so there will be one less person home with them in the evenings, she also runs track so when she's not working she's running track. She's healthy as the doctor told me yesterday it's the little ones that are out of control. It appears that I don't have a choice other than dropping out this semester. There is on one to watch them while I attend school and even worse thier eating habits will be out ot control if I continue this way. I figure I can go back when they are older but for right now we have to start a physical activity program for them. And yes thank you I but all that healthy stuff and they try to eat it all in one day. My son has gotten a little better and is actually starting to lose weight, but the baby is way out of control. I really don't mind dropping this semester, my family is more important. Thanks so much for your comments.
msruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #180  
Focus on the Process

Ruth,
Does your school offer online classes? Or evening classes? That might be an option. You might have said already, but I'm going to ask again. How old are your kids? I assume the one is in high school. Mine are 12, 6 and 3. I know its hard...esp. when there isn't much support. Wish I lived closer and then I'd be able to help you out. I know that desperate, I don't know what to do feeling. That has to be one of the worst. If you need anything...or just someone to listen, you can find us back here or you can PM me anytime. K? I'm on a few times a day usually.

~chris