Old 09-02-2005, 05:28 AM   #331  

Well Im new to this thread.. I also think Im probably the youngest, but Im Caryn & I am 16 years old. I am looking to lose about 68lbs.. My goals are in my siggy as are my stats. I live in Washington state.. uh I have a bengal cat named Allie.

I hate exercising, but am trying to get into it. I am going to buy a couple yoga videos and try those along with walking and maybe some raquetball.

Anyways, thats me in a nutshell..
SweetKisses03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 06:36 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

My name is Shirah and I am 29 years old. I live in Toronto with my husaband of 1 year. I work in education. I would like to lose 65 pounds, and so far I have lost 11.5. But I think I may have a gained a lb back!!! . I need to get back on track and I need lots of support. Can my weigh in day be Wednesday?
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:51 AM   #333  

I just can't watch the news anymore. Yesterday, I was just bawling when I saw the people begging for help at the convention center.

Yesterday I ran for an hr and 15 min! I'm going to have to be REALLY good today. Every Friday we go out to eat with our friends. I don't do HORRIBLE but I eat more than I should.

Hi Caryn! Welcome! OOOH!! How neat that you have a bengal kitty! Those are gorgeous! You know, that was my problem too, I hated exercising. I finally found something that I really love, and I'm addicted to it I hope you find something you enjoy doing!

Hi Shirah! What do you do in education (if you don't mind me asking). Congrats on losing 11 lbs! This thread has been a HUGE support for me, especially these past few weeks.
Celeste0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:35 AM   #334  
Karen

Hello everyone!

Welcome to our too new gals! Shirah and Caryn

Shirah: Weigh in is anytime you want to do it! Welcome to our group, it has been alot of fun and support for me.

Caryn: I like how you made your goals. That is great! I like doing yoga too. I do it at least once a week. I am finding that I want to get my mind and body together for weight loss.

Well, gotta go for now....

Hey ladies, Nicki, Melanie, Celeste, Haley, Sarah, Debbie, if I don't hear from you have a wonderful labor day weekend!!!!!
fitnessweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #335  

Welcome Caryn and Shirah, I am glad you found us. The support here is tremendous. I am sorry to say you joined us at a sad time, lots of us focusing on the loss of katrina. I was up all nite last nite with night mares of babies crying. We did get several families placed last nite and got together money to get some personal stuff. One lady said all she wanted was a bra. How sad is that. She has a 3 month baby she is nursing thank god for that. Remember these are people just like us. Give till it hurts but make sure it is going to right place where it can help the fastest. Lots of communities are needing help with the new citizens. I refuse to call them refugees. They are american just like us. Even if it is the price of a meal that we don't need send it and just feel how good your heart feels. I love you guys. Going back to the phones to see what and where needs. Keep up the good work and exercise exercise.
debbietexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:28 AM   #336  

Thanks for the welcomes. This is a terrible time, but I try to limit what I watch about it.. I feel too helpless sometimes.

I hope I can find some exercising that I like.. I really enjoy Yoga so I hope that works for me along with walking and crunches.

Bengals are very pretty..they're also very wild. Allie is great at driving us insane at all hours of the day and night. Shes like a toddler who gets into EVERYTHING possible.. then you clean up the mess and she goes right back and does it again.. and the cycle is endless lol
SweetKisses03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:21 PM   #337  
Haley

Welcome Caryn and Shirah! You've definitely come to the right place for support.

Caryn, I don't really enjoy exercise either, I just know it's helping me lose weight so I do it. The yoga is a great idea it strengthens and tones muscles. The walking and crunches are also very good ideas, make sure when you are walking it isn't leisurely, so that you have your heart rate up. I'm with you on the can't watch too much thing because of the helplessness feeling. I've pretty much stopped watching the news and I'll read about what's going on online, but I can't do much more than that, it's too sad.

It's so great to have so many people here!! Gotta go to class now, adios!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:22 PM   #338  
Melanie

My Darling Debbie - You are a real trooper! Keep up the great support, but do try to get some rest so you have the strength to move forward!

Welcome Caryn & Shirah Hope you find it helpful here......it has been my lifeline!

Thanks, Karen - you have a great weekend too

Be back with my weigh-in soon!
Meldiggety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #339  
NICKI

Melanie, hurry and tell us how your weigh in went!

I'm at 204 this morning. I can't remember what I was last week. I THINK I was 205. I'm working my way back down. I have been doing REALLY good on my exercising! I'm happy because today is leg day, so I don't have to go to the gym and do cardio! YAY! I have weights here, so I'll do lunges, squats... stuff like that.

Anyways, welcome Caryn and Shirah! Shirah, how do you pronounce your name? I'm bad at things like that, sorry! And Shirah of course your weight day can be on Wednesday! We will be looking forward to it! You two joined a great group, let me tell you!

Debbie, I agree w/ what Melanie said. You are SO great and helpful and thoughtful, but please, try and get some rest!

Celeste I can't even believe you ran that long! That's insane. I could never do that, lol. I have a hard enough time w/ my 30 min.! On good days, I'll do like 40 min., lol. But good for you!

Hi Karen! Are you not going to be around this weekend?
Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 03:16 PM   #340  

Thanks everyone for the praises. Not what I am looking for but I know yall know that. It is hard to turn off tv here or not see what is going on because it is right in our small town. I am very proud of my community. People have been calling me all day telling me what they have and where can they take it. I don't have lot of money but I do have time and that is what I am doing. Kind of head chief over the indians trying to feed the masses. It is amazing how everyone here has come together. I have lots of my friends on my other post mailing me stuff to donate also from atkins or bust. It makes me feel better knowing I am doing all I can.
Every one is doing so great on diets. I can't believe how easy this is after all the years of being atkineer. Ten lbs gone and not a hungry moment.
I would love to see a picture of the bengall kittens. My daughter collects anything tiger. She even has a giant tiger tattooed down her thigh ( shhhhhh dont tell her dad) She had a big wine spill birthmark and had that done to cover.
Shirah
congrads on loosing post here often it is great help. I was in education for years. I did iss in school suspension for 3yrs then went to day care. I love kids matter of fact I keep three here in my home.
I am getting rest lol it is just at night when I try to sleep I hear the hungry cries. I came from abuse lived on streets from age 12 to age 16 so I know hunger abuse molesting and my heart goes out. Thank the good lord for my wonderful husband who found me on street took me in married me 6 wks later and we have been together coming on 33 yrs
Opps didn't mean to get carried away sorry. But now yall will understand I am why I am right now. been there done that.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:18 PM   #341  
Melanie

Default Weigh-In

Hey Ladies!

Here's my weigh in;

Week 1 - 190.5 (7/10) - 0
Week 2 - 185.5 (7/22) - 5
Week 3 - 181.5 (7/29) - 4
Week 4 - 178.5 (8/5) - 2
Week 5 - 179.0 (8/12)+ .5
Week 6 - 176.5 (8/19)- 2.5 lbs
Week 7 - 176.5 (8/26) -0
Week 8 - 174.5 (9/2) -2

Total lbs lost: 16.0

Well, being that I didn't lose any weight last week, 2 lbs doesn't seem like much this week, but I guess it averages a 1 lb a week and that's better than nothing, so I'll take it - LOl!

Nicki - Great job on exercising - you sound so motivated and jazzed - it's great!! Good job on the loss too!

Debbie - What am amazing testimony you have!

Celeste - I agree with Nicki, running for an hour and a half is insane to me - you are marathon woman! I don't even know how long I can run? I mostly speed walk, but I should give running a try. How did you start off??

Hugs to everyone

Last edited by Meldiggety; 09-02-2005 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:10 PM   #342  

Default question about walking on tread mill

First let me say yea Mel. That is wonderful. I hope I can average at least a lb a week.
I have question about walking on tread mill. I can't walk past 3mph for 30 min and wonder what I am suppose to be doing. I usually keep it on 2.8 and make 1.5 miles on average. Is that pretty good for an old beginner. I just got tread mill this week and started monday and about the calories and fat burned I am not sure which is which or if it matters.Crud it disappeared before I could read 145 calories I think and 45.5 on the other is that average. I do know I am sweating like a pig and stayed in oxygen for 30 full minutes. I just need to know what is average for person my age and weight and how much I should be doing. Thanks. I am still trying to remember all names and who does what. I dont mean to leave anyone out. Yall are all wonderful!!!! Imagine some day I can run for hour half How old are you as matter of fact how old is everybody. I think I get the granny crown for being oldest huh
Old 09-02-2005, 04:32 PM   #343  
Melanie

Hey Debbie - Whatever workout gets your heart rate up is a good workout for you! It sounds like the workout you are doing now is what you should be doing based on the fact that you said you're sweating and your oxygen level is up. Great job!! Maybe try increasing your time and speed by a little every week. You said your speed is 2.8 mph and your distance is 1.5 mph - well maybe next week you can try doing a speed of 3 mph at 1.6 mph distance. A little at a time is best. I have a Proform treadmill and use to do a speed of 3 mph w/ no inlcine for 20 minutes (about 1.25 miles) and now I do 3.5 mph w/ an incline of 7 for 45 minutes (about 2.6 miles) - so I have really increaased my time which burns a lot more calories than before. One day at a time!

Thanks for the encouragement on my weight loss. You asked about ages......well, I am 25 and I have a one and a half year old little boy and a 28 yr old husband.....it's coming up on our 4 yr anniversary.

Last edited by Meldiggety; 09-02-2005 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:43 PM   #344  
Karen

WOW!!!!! WAY TO GO NICKIE AND MELANIE!!!! On your weigh in!!! I hope to do well on my weigh in on Saturday.....

Debbie: You are doing such a great Job! I wish I had a threadmill. I like Mel, advice. Listen to your body!

Nicki: I am going to have a buzy weekend, so I do not know if I will post as much...but I will try...because that is when I need it the most.

Oh yeah....I am 37 years old, my hubby is 35 years old, I guess I like them young. LOL! We have been married for 3 years. And have had two wonderful kids in those years..Jessica 2 and half, and Charlie 8months.
fitnessweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #345  

Arrow Hello Everyone

Hello, I am really glad I found your support group and hope you do not mind if I join! My name is Amy and I have tried every diet and plan under the sun so it seems. Out of all of them I have to say that I like weight watchers the best. Since I do not currently drive and would have a hard time getting to meetings, I am hoping to do it from home and get the group support from here I am starting first thing tomorrow. I am currently 5' 2" and I weigh 193 lbs My goal weight is 120 but I would settle for 130 a little more about me...I am from Vermont, I have a loving supporting boyfriend of 1 year, I have a dog named Nautica aka Naughty Dog , I am 22 and I am very glad to hear of everyones success! Looking forward to being supported and being a supporter! Take care All
Amybeth is offline   Reply With Quote