Old 04-07-2005, 12:27 PM   #196  

Hi Chicks~~
i've had a hard time (again) with this Netscape connection, so i could not post. I am walking 3 miles every day, and still working on losing a bit with the 2 shakes a day. But for some reason i am just maintaining again. I should do measurements to compare from last month and see if it is there...?
Of course alot of days i end up eating twice and only having one shake! so that might be the big problem. It is certainly hard to lose what we've kept for so long!

It has gotten quite hot for me in Ariz. near 90 for 2 days now. I guess cause i live in a small trailer it feels worse than it would in a real house too! Got to get to the pool today.

May you all have a fantastic strong day today!
bye for now,
thinlizzie
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:42 PM   #197  

Hello Ladies,
Sorry I was MIA for a few days. Went away on a short business trip. Not doing too good on my food this week. With this trip, I was totally unprepared, so of course I ate junk. Tomorrow i'm getting back on track. Now just to get back on track with the exercise. Tomorrow plans are to clean house and maybe plant a few flowers and tomato plants in containers. Last year I had several tomato plants and they did really good.

Thin - Wow 90degress already! When do you all head back home? WTG on getting your 3 miles in.

Shad - thanks for dropping by. I too would love to visit Mooz, but unfortunatly not in my budget either.

Nita - Let us know how your weight in goes tomorrow. I too need to weigh in tomorrow.

Mooz - Sounds like the book is giving you a different view on how to think of food.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #198  

Hello ladies,
Can't believe how fast this day is going by. This morning I ran lots of errans to the garden centers, post office, grocery store etc. Picked up potting soil and some flowers and tomato plants. Now I have to plant them. Tomorrow I guess I'll clean house.

Hope everyone is having a great saturday!
Old 04-09-2005, 09:16 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi 1 Day,

It must be just you and me today! You didn't tell me about your weigh-in. I lost 3 lbs. and met my friend there so perhaps that will give me motivation.

We just had a repairman out to check our washer because it was leaking. Even though it is only 6 years old he said it sounded like the transmission was making a noise and may go out at any time so we opted to get a new Whirlpool Washer through him and he will install it and take away the old one for $423.00. We didn't think that sounded too bad.

Well I had better get moving--while he was here I had him clean the back of our refrigerator--he was only going to show me how to do it--instead he did the whole thing. I couldn't believe the dirt that was underneath. However, now it is all cleaned up.

Take care and I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 04:02 AM   #200  
Mooz

Mornin chickies ......... just a quick call........ eating has been going great and I do believe that Paul McKenna's book is really helping me. Tomorrow will tell when I weigh in. I have had a nasty cold this week and didn't get much walking done. My mother also took a urine infection and a sore leg and was not sleeping well at night which meant I was not getting my proper sleep also ........ so I got her antibiotics, painkillers and light sleeping pills. She has been sleeping really well at night with the aleeping pills which is great.
We are having a big linedancing weekend in our town. I have been to the Friday and Sat night but I have to always come home by 11 to get mum to bed.

Shad - thanks for dropping by and I look forward to when you get to visit here again.

Thin - good for you with the walking - when do you move back to your other home?

Nita - CONGRATS on the 3 pound loss! WELL DONE!

PAtty - it is hard to eat well when you are away from home and are faced with different foods. You will soon get back to your better habits.

Gotta go now but will hopefully get to call later

mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:13 AM   #201  

Hello Ladies,

Nita - I missed by weigh in. I had scheduled a contractor to come out and give me some estimates for a patio for early saturday morning. He was running late and by the time he came it was late. I'm thinking of going today but it's a 2pm checkin. I know there will definely be a weight difference with me usually checking in the am vs the pm. WTG for you 3 lb loss.

Mooz - Hope you and your mom get to feeling better. The linedancing event sounds like fun.

We're expecting rains this afternoon, so I plan on repotting some plants this morning before the rains come.

Old 04-10-2005, 01:21 PM   #202  

here is a photo of me and blackie, I tried to upload a better one, but it was too big.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pattyandblackie2.jpg (6.5 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by 1day@atime; 04-10-2005 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #203  
Mooz

Good day chicks ......... I was down 1 pound this week but don't know if it was due to having the cold or what. Next week will tell the tale ........

Patty - thanks for the picture which looks great if only it was bigger or I had better eyesight! Are you not able to reduce the size of the bigger one?

Have a great day all!
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:46 PM   #204  

Mooz, if you click on it, it makes it a little bigger. I will work on the other one i have.

Old 04-12-2005, 12:03 AM   #205  

Default RE: Angels are among us...!

Hello all...!

I have just returned from a week in Indiana helping my sister. I baby sat the boys while she worked (she sells items on EBay for her income - has for almost 2 years now). I had a ball with the boys, but trust me - they wore me out. The good news is... sit down everyone... I walked every day. I walked miles, everyday. Masen (the 4 year old) has his first bike with training wheels - and we walked around and around and around the block, morning, noon and night. It was great, the weather was wonderful. I did get to take Rocky with me, and he learned how to walk on a lease (30 foot)
very quickly. Infact I unpacked it tonight and he began dancing! So, with that said - I'll do my best to continue walking.

Stress is everywhere, more than likely will be for a period of time just dealing with all of the parts of what is going on.

I was very good on the diet, but do not feel as if I've lost an ounce. LOL...

Just checking in to say hello, and I hope you are all doing well also.

All the very best...!
HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:33 AM   #206  

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know I am hanging in there and my eating is in control. I find if I take the time to make my sugar-free desserts I do much better.

HalGal -- It's great to hear from you and I know what it is to do all that exercise and not feel like you are losing weight. I have been doing the treadmill at least four times a week and yesterday I even did it twice in one day. However, since we are toning up we are also building muscle and the scale isn't going to go down as fast. The good news is--take your measurements and check them in a month or so and you should see a difference there.

Well our electricity had been off and it just came back on--I need to re-set clocks, etc. However, I did find out my laptop battery still works.

Hopefully the rest of our group is still with us and with each other's support we can all get to our desired goals!

Take care,
Anita
Old 04-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #207  

Hi Chicks~~
Finally getting a minute to get on-line...just hope i stay connected to write a post!

~~HALGAL~~ was soooo great to hear from you. Sounds like the boys really enjoyed having you do things with them. And i'm sure your sister was happy to have the help too! I'm sure it was a good thing for all of you. And Rocky got to go too, and learn how to walk on a long leash. Is that one of those retractable kinds?

~~1DAY~~` thanks for the pic of you and Blackie. He is adorable. I think i thought he was a smaller dog, at least the hair makes him look a bit bigger! Do you have to have him groomed at times? You both look great, thanks for sharing.

~~NITA~~ wonder why your power was out? I believe it stayed on here in AJ
I am with all of you, as good as we behave, and the exercise we do, it sure is a slow process. In fact i think i've lost about 12 # since getting here in Dec, and lately nothing has budged. I even measure out the same! My calves might have dropped 1 inch, but it showed my thighs gained that inch!!! I don't want to be discouraged, but sometimes it is hard. I just HOPE its' the muscle thing like you mentioned

~~MOOZ~~ thanks for the graphic '**** o' ...made me smile.

Hi to all the other chicks, lurking and posting occasionally! We miss you all.
Anyone hear from Michellez lately? I haven't checked CAt's blog lately either...anyone know how she is doing?

All for now thinlizzie
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:20 PM   #208  

Hello Ladies,

Hal - I'm sure you sister and the boys were glad to have you up for a week. WTG on getting all your walks in. If Rocky is like my Blackie I sometimes have to hide the leash, otherwise he just lays right in front of it. Like Nita said you might not of lost any lbs, but you know your toning up. Just keep at it. Eventually it will all come in place.

Nita - Like you said we need to take the time to get our sf desserts in and our meals. I know I do much better when i have prepared foods on hand.

Thin - Blackie weighs about 40-43 lbs. He's a chow mix. In the summer I get his hair cut short and pretty much keep it that way til winter. With his short hair he looks alot smaller. WTG on your 12 lb loss. Cat should be coming home soon.

As for me. I'm doing terrible on my foods. It's that TOM and I have used that as my excuse this week. I have got to get back on track with my eating. Tomorrow a new day right?

Old 04-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #209  

Hi Ladies,

It's great to read all your posts. Trust me, I know how hard it is to get these pounds off. Thin, congratulations on your 12 lb. loss--how is your mother-in-law doing with LA Weightloss?

Today at bowling one of the ladies was celebrating her birthday and her daughter brought in a whole bunch of chocolate cupcakes! She knew I went back to WW and was not offended when I opted not to have one! One thing I have been doing is keeping some trail mix in my car and if I am out shopping and think I am hungry I will eat some of this. I read this in one of my weight magazines. I think though from here on in I will be making my own. It really isn't hard and you can even add a few M&M's to it.

Tonight I am going to be making salad and using Tyson chicken strips to make it a whole meal. They had buy-one, get-one free at our grocery store this week. At the same time I will be making a salad for me to take to lunch tomorrow, along with a small yogurt.

Well I had better get moving.

Take care,
Anita
Old 04-13-2005, 08:51 PM   #210  
Give peace a chance.

Hi, Chicks--

Well, I didn't get lost in Mexico, but when I tried to go to 3fC on my friend's computer, everything jammed with pop-ups and I thought I would NEVER get out. I also had very little access period, so mostly used it for my family.

I ate pretty well down there, and while I didn't walk much--not that the neighborhood was dangerous, but the streets were terribly confusing), but I did a lot of yoga, and my clothes feel looser. I will weigh in tomorrow.

I don't guess I'll ever catch up with everything that has happened on the thread, but I'll be on now.

Will tell you some things about Mexico, though mostly you can look on my blog if you're interested.

I brought a kitten back with me. Why? Long story. But he is SO cute and loving.

Love to all,

Catlover (Amadora de Gatos)
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote