Old 03-01-2005, 10:11 AM   #106  

Hi Chicks~~
Sorry i've been absent so much. My computer connection is not real reliable and i find i am not on here nearly so much...not fun to be disconnected and have to start over again.
I have been walking alot and trying to add some toning exercises to my day. I did good 2 days ago and i felt it in my abs. I know i had worked them out good and hard. Today i will try that again. That is my weakest point i think.
The weight loss is more at a standstill, but i have not gained any back. I must try to move more cause i don't see myself eating less. That is harder than walking more! LOL You guys know what i mean. I still have an occasional treat and don't see that changing! My MIL brought home a can of macadamia nuts for DH and a box of choc. covered mac.nuts for me. Well, the candies are gone now. I knew it wouldn't take long. I have no willpower with them around.

~~CAT~~so glad you and DH got the good news about the biopsies. Now you can rest easy on that front and concentrate more on your plans. When will you go to Mexico?

~~NITA~~ are you still working one day a week for the attorneys office? I am jobless again. And i don't seem to mind! LOL Yes, if you need to rejoin WW i think that is great that you can get that good deal thru the state! YGG!~

~~1DAY~~Congrats on getting thru phase 1 of SBD!! You are doing great! Keep it up.
It will help alot to be able to add some fruits and fun things this upcoming week. YGG~

Hi to MOOZ, and all the rest of our gang. Hope to hear from more of you soon!

goals for today ... 3 mile walk
aqua aerobics and target tummy area!

till later chicks~~ thinlizzie
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:13 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi All,
Thinlizzie -- Yes, I am still working for the attorneys one day a week. I told them though I really don't need a full 8 hours because since I will be 70-1/2 this year I need to take out some deferred comp money and IRA money. Perhaps I can take off the summer again--and I feel like you do, if they don't want me back that's quite okay! I am still bowling and walking on the treadmill watching American Idol. I am not really dieting at this time but only trying to maintain. I do have a doctor's appt Monday for my yearly checkup. This morning I was reading this book re desserts without sugar. They use frozen concentrate unsweetened apple juice in most of their recipes. The lady who writes this book brings up a good point. All this artificial sweetener out there only keeps you wanting sweet stuff. So I am going to try some of her recipes and see how they are.

Michelle -- How are you doing on your weight challenge? Look forward to hearing from you real soon.l

Well I had better get moving --today is league bowling and right now we have a plumber putting in a circulation pump on our hotwater tank so that we will get instant hot water in our various sinks. He is also recaulking my husband's shower and also re-setting the toilet. He has been here since 8:00 o'clock and it is now 10:00 o'clock. Since my DH can't do these kinds of things, we need to hire outside help. It is my intention to keep the house in excellent condition just in case we do decide to move back to where family is--that is, Ohio.

Take care all and have a "super" week!

Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 02:51 AM   #108  
Mooz

Mornin chickies - just a quick call - I am busy trying to clear out all the "hot spots" as Flylady calls them and there are quite a few in my house. It is amazing just how much stuff fits into a little drawer!! Especially if you just empty it out ...... it looks as if there never was space for it in the first place.
I have taken some pictures of the sunroom and I will post them later on today if I get a chance.

Quickly let go

The energy you devote to being annoyed brings you nothing of value in return. So choose to quickly let go of your need to be annoyed.
The time and energy you put into being offended adds nothing positive to your life. So decide to quickly let go of your need to be offended.

Winning petty arguments will do nothing to enhance your relationships. So find a way to quickly let go of the need to prove that you're right.

There are many things that can hold you back. But they'll hold you back only as long as you continue to hold on to them.

Each day is filled with plenty of valid reasons to be angry, resentful, jealous, frustrated, offended and annoyed. All that negativity can stop you cold if you allow it to take up long-term residence in your life.

So make the choice to quickly let it go. And free yourself to soar above it all.

-- Ralph Marston

mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:50 AM   #109  

Mornin' Chicks~~
I did reach my goals yesterday. Got a good 3 mile walk in early. Took me 50 minutes. I'd like to whittle that time down next. Also did aqua aerobics which did alot of tummy twists and such for the sides of the stomach. Today i will do some floor ex to target the low abs again. They aren't sore anymore so it's time to get them talking to me again
I believe i may be down 1/2 # again this week. Those things are hard to gauge on the scale i use, but i know i'm at the very least maintaining this week. I lost 5# in Jan and for all of Feb i think it's only been 2# down...kind of frustrating how slow it is coming off. But i guess that is the right way to lose it. I certainly am not depriving myself of foods that i like! And basically i like all foods!

~~MOOZ~~ now you've got me thinking of taking some things and organizing too! You are correct in how much we can cram into these small spaces!
Do send some pics of the sunroom...can't wait to see them. How is your family doing, kids and mum?

~~NITA~~ did the plumber finish up and do a good job for you at your house? That is nice to have the hot water instantly at each sink/tub. You can waste alot of water running it to finally get the hot to arrive. That is the problem at my MIL's. She ought to get that done at her house. After all you do get metered for water here in AZ. Very valuable stuff.
We have to go out and buy our drinking water in gallons. I think we go thru about 1 gallon a day for our beverages and just drinking water. So i must be getting my quota in each day.

I too am looking forward to an update by Michelle....please let us know how you and DH are doing with your workout plans. I'm sure you are very busy with work and all this, but just drop a short note when you can! We miss ya!

And HalGal too!! how are things? Did you get to relax this past weekend? I hope so. Will you take the summer off this year?

Talk to all of you more later on thinlizzie
Old 03-02-2005, 12:41 PM   #110  

Hello Ladies,
We'll I wasn't able to officially weigh in but it looks to me like a 6 lb loss. Now i'm able to incorporate more fruits into my diet, but slowly. Things at work have been so hetic. We the job cuts more work is coming to me. My boss is very understanding though. He basically said you can't do two jobs unless you spend 12 hours a day here and I don't expect you do that. He said to prioritize and do what has to be done. we'll see how long that last.

Nita - What do you mean you use foil? Since I got new furniture I am trying to keep Blackie off the couch too. I have a fly swatter I keep on the couch and he won't get on if he see that. When he comes in the room and goes directly to his bed on the floor I try to priase him alot. Of course all that does he make him get of the bed and come to me.

Thin - WTG for getting your walks in. I'm sure it's fustrating loggin in and getting bumped off. I don't logging from home cause it's takes so long.

Mooz - I too need to work on organizing the small drawers. My new furniture came with lots of drawers on end table, but i'm trying not to put anything in there otherwise i'll forget where things are.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:23 PM   #111  
Give peace a chance.

Nita--too bad about the marathon. Hope you are feeling OK now.

I passed my tests for my new job--the written and the practical. So that's no more excuse for stress eating--esp. since my supervisor has decided I won't take calls in Spanish before I come back from Mexico.

Now if I can just get back to business . . .
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:32 AM   #112  
Mooz

A couple of pictures of the front room now that the sunlounge has been built on. The skirting board still has to be put on around the bottom of the walls. This will hopefully be done this weekend.

I have been trying to keep off coffee and chocolate biscuits and for the past 4 days I have done so. When I feel I need something tasty I have a cup of tea and two WW biscuits. I go to TaeBo on a Monday night now instead of Thursdays as it was too much going to both on the same night. Walking is still going well and I always seem to make it to over 10000 steps every day ........ even when I don't walk very much! Just goes to show how many steps we take when we are in the house.

Catlover - COMGRATS on passing the test ......... we had every faith in you!

Patty - WOW and WOW again ...... 6 pounds ....... well done!

Thin - well done on reaching your targets for the day and for losing a bit more. Those little bits add up!

Nita - I think you have to do what suits you best and you look absolutely fabulous for 70. The struggle to keep the weight off and to eat healthy is paying off.

Michelle and Halgal ..... hoping to hear from you soon

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Room 1.JPG (37.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Room 2.JPG (45.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by mooz49; 03-03-2005 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:25 AM   #113  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Wow, that is looking great Moozie. What an improvement for you and the house. Now that all the kids are leaving home what are you going to do with all the space - chase the DH around the house???
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:42 AM   #114  
Mooz

NO SHAD I will NOT be chasing DH around the house

It is a big improvement on what it was like that day you were here
I am trying to keep it as free from junk as I possibly can as it is nice to have a stress free room!
Thanks for dropping by
Old 03-04-2005, 02:22 AM   #115  
Mooz

Morning all ......... looks like it was just myself and Shad yesterday ........ hopefully more of you gals will get a chance to post at the weekend. I have started with my walking friend to weigh in on a Monday morning so maybe that will help me stay in control over the weekend. Last Monday none of us had lost any weight but stayed tha same. Keeping fingers crossed for this Monday......... (This is the only way I get coffee now!)

Have a great Friday all!
Old 03-04-2005, 01:45 PM   #116  

Hello Ladies,
Looking forward to the weekend. It's rainy and gloomy here today, but hopefully the sun will shine tomorrow. Still on SBD and trying to find different things to eat. Seems like I get in the same rut of eating chicken.

Mooz - Oh, the room looks beautiful. That is great that you have a walking partner. I know I do better when I have someone to walk with.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #117  

Hi Chicksters~~ Just a quick post while i can get online. Been keeping true to my goals each day. Yesterday walked 2 miles. Got my new pedometer ...it only measures steps not miles like the one I lost, but it is something to gauge it by. Today i got 3 miles walked and it said 5800 some steps. Also did my floor exercise and upper body workout too. I hope those things become habits cause i need plenty of work!
Keeping my calorie count low cause i know we are ordering out a pizza tonite. Not as low cal as when i make my veggie pizzas for us at home, but we will be busy tonite. DH's new prescrip.glasses came in and we have to pick them up, also i need to go shopping for some things at Walgreens. Then we planned to get in the hot tub this evening. Get those muscles massaged.

~~MOOZ~~your sunroom looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing those pics. The wood flooring is really great in there, makes it seem warm and cozy doesn't it?

~~1DAY~~ hope you get some sunshine on your day off tomorrow. Yes, we are practically living on fish and chicken too, and DH is really wanting that red meat. But we have done well by avoiding it. Last night we had some seafood. Found these crab meat patties (had a breadcrumb coating but you could bake it to prepare it) and they were 'hot and spicy' too, which we love. Then i cooked 1/2 of a pkg of shrimp. Boiled in their shells, so that was lo-cal and with it we had asparagus and brown rice. Pretty healthy.

If i see any tips on what recipes people are adding w/SBD or even WW Core plan, i'll pass them along to you.

All for now chicks,
thinlizzie
Old 03-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Ladies,
I haven't left town but I haven't been feeling too well with this horrible cold, however, I did go to work yesterday and did an eight-hour day. Today it was to the doctor with DH--his blood sugar has been up and he needs to get some blood work done so the doc can change his medicine.

When I talked about the aluminum foil--what I did first was just put it across the top of the couches where Tiffany usually laid. Well then I decided all I had to do was put it on the bottom cushions and that really did the trick--she made only one attempt to go on there and she immediately jumped off--it really is the noise they don't like. We have decided to leave it on for another week or so and get her used to staying in the family room with us. There is one chair in the living room by the window where she can go and look out the window. I will let you know what happens when I remove the foil.

My bowling is improving and today I bowled 536 for 3 games. Did anyone see the congressman from Arkansas, I believe, his name is Huckabee--well he was on CNN and has lost 110 lbs.--I believe it took him a while but he did it simply by giving up sugars, junk food and using smaller portions. When they put his fat picture next to his thin one you could hardly know he was the same person. He also did do a lot of walking. He said at first he could only walk for 5 minutes because his legs just couldn't do it. The reason he did this turnabout was because his doctor told him was headed for a heart attack or stroke carrying around all that weight. Would you believe, he is writing a book on how it can be accomplished.

Being sick I haven't been exercising except for bowling. I did try to cut some high grass with a non-powered lawnmower. I have about 1/4th left to do. The weather has been quite nice here so I am trying to get out as much as possible before it gets too hot.

Thin -- Yes, it most definitely is great to get "hot" water instantly in all rooms of our house. We have a split-floor plan so you are correct it took approximately 2 to 3 minutes of running the water before it got hot. The plumber owns his own business and does all his own work. He said he got tired of baby-sitting the workers. The charge for putting this in was $450, and I firmly believe it is well worth it. Some of the cities are even offering rebates to their customers because it most definitely is an energy-saving device. Also, I am so very proud of you losing all that weight and doing all that exercise. I am still hoping before you go back to Michigan we can get together even if we meet halfway. Let me know how long you are going to be here.

Mooz -- Thanks for sharing those pictures. We had our patio screened in last year and I do enjoy going out there in the mornings. I, too, have to dejunk my house, especially if we ever decide to go back to Ohio. I am seriously looking into selling some my treasures on E-Bay.

Well I will close for now. Take care and I hope you all have a "wonderful" weekend!

Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:35 AM   #119  
Mooz

Sad news chicks - I got the following e-mail from Halgal today .....

Ann,

I cannot bring myself to post this sad news on our board
so I thought I would share with you. Please feel free to
share this information with the other board members.

My 31 year old niece was murdered last Sunday. It is
a case of domestic violence/alcohol abuse. I am simply
beyond words/devastated.

I am sure I speak for us all when I say our hearts and prayers go out to HalGal and her family at this very sad time.

Last edited by mooz49; 03-06-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:30 PM   #120  
Give peace a chance.

Oh, no--Hal, if you read this, I am so very sorry. Sending prayers and love to you and the rest of the family.

And I thought my news was bad enough--my supervisor who is I think in her mid-late 30s and has a 2-year-old son will have surgery for thyroid and throat cancer tomorrow.

Then my DSiL told me that her hypertension is severe and not responding to drugs.

A reminder to treasure all we love when we have them.
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote